Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2020, 11:14   #9106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Rear Brake Pads: Multiple options!!

OE rear pads for S-Cross are imported from Japan and cost around 6k.

I have found multiple alternatives and the cheapest one costs less than 700 bucks.

Cheapest:

Driveline is supposed to be a decent local brand and the price is very very cheap. I have ordered a set from Boodmo, curious to see how they perform.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-rear...pads-52057012/

OE Alternative:

Rear brake pads of Baleno RS will fit S-Cross. They are locally made by TVS / Rane and the price is Rs. 1882.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-pad_set-38449068/

EBC:

EBC lists only the entry level Ultimax-2 for S-Cross, but they have multiple options for the global Swift sport which are direct fit for S-Cross .

Sharing the part numbers:

Ultimax2: DPX2120
Greenstuff: DP22120
Yellowstuff: DP42120R

I am currently using Ultimax-2 which costs around 4k and happy with the results. I believe greenstuff would be better. Yellow stuff would be too aggressive for OE rotors.

There are few more options from other brands like Brembo, Mintex, Dixcel etc.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th September 2020 at 11:16.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 22:24   #9107

Hi guys,
Recently contrived that S-Cross Delta 1.6 has a whole load nitty-gritties missing (still can't figure out the weird feature distribution list between the 1.3 and the 1.6 variants).
Have undertaken the job of adding the little feel-good factor things which can be done with less effort and a reasonable cost.
One of which, includes the glove box damper. The 1.3 Delta, Zeta, Alpha and the 1.6 Zeta and Alpha has it but not the 1.6 Delta.
Have ordered the part from boodmo Link- https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-damp...e_box-6786852/
However, when I removed the glove box, i couldn't find any slot for the damper. Anyone with a Zeta/Alpha might be able to help?

Also was thinking of getting chrome inner door handles which, again, the 1.3 delta gets but the 1.6 Delta does not. (in a dilemma because if the clips get broken during the process, it will lead to rather unnecessary rattles.)
Was thinking of adding tweeters which the Delta variant lacks. Thinking of going with the stock tweeters from boodmo (for the clean OEM look). Any idea about the wiring and stuff? Is it plug and play or do i need to connect it with the front speakers and add a capacitor? (I have no clue about wiring/electrical stuff being a Medical student)
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-photo_20200906_221741.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-photo_20200906_221747.jpg  

Last edited by abhijitrpatil : 6th September 2020 at 22:41.
Old 12th September 2020, 11:04   #9108
BHPian

Did another routine trip BOM-NCR-BOM. No complaints from the car. Tyres are on their way out, done 44K kms on Continental MC5. Looking for something that can last another 50K kms, will be the last set for the S-Cross before I sell the car sometime next year.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200904_145831.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200905_114417.jpg

Mumbai-Udaipur

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200904_152620.jpg

Udaipur-Greater Noida

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200906_210604.jpg

Greater Noida-Mumbai

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200910_164413.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 13:44   #9109
J58

This is my first writing, pardon me for any mistake.
Today morning, I got one extra camera placed under left ORVM. The display for this mirror is powered by 5V travel charger which takes power from 12V accessory socket and display is mounted on IRVM. During whose installation, only left side ORVM power cord was disconnected and connected again inside left door panel. Ignition was ON while doing connection to check working of camera.
After all this, when I started my car, the power to both ORVMs (folding& adjustment) was gone. Also the power to Touch Screen was gone. MID also shows Service Start System.

Then I took my car to NEXA, where they checked some fuses and told they could not find any blown fuse and I need to keep the vehicle for weeks since it's wiring work.

When I started S Cross after fuse checking, it also started showing yellow steering icon and steering feels very tough to rotate means power to power steering is also gone.

12V accessory socket still has power.

Problems:
1. ORVM not getting electrically adjusted and folded.
2. Steering is very heavy.
3. Power of Touch Screen is gone.

I need my car on daily basis, please help me. Anyone else gone through similar problem? Any suggestions on what should I do next?
Old 21st September 2020, 17:15   #9110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J58 View Post

1. ORVM not getting electrically adjusted and folded.
2. Steering is very heavy.
3. Power of Touch Screen is gone. [/b]

I need my car on daily basis, please help me. Anyone else gone through similar problem? Any suggestions on what should I do next?
Most probably, it's fuse is blown. Not sure why Service center said otherwise. There is a fuse box to the left side of Glove-box and all internal fuses are located in this one.

Just check the the manual and see the fuse number corresponding to the OVRM/Touch screen.

It's pretty easy to check the fuse on the board once you know the fuse identification number.

A blown fuse is also easy to identify based on visual inspection.

You may have to remove the glove-box for easy access to the fuse box inside the cabin.
Old 21st September 2020, 17:42   #9111
J58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Most probably, it's fuse is blown. Not sure why Service center said otherwise. There is a fuse box to the left side of Glove-box and all internal fuses are located in this one.

Thanks. It's all solved now. Culprit was fuse only.

Last edited by ampere : 21st September 2020 at 18:06.
J58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 10:12   #9112
BHPian

Dear J58,

I am inspired by your work.
But, I had to assume several aspects about same and hence, is the following request!

Please throw some light on the following points.

1.Purpose of this camera?
2.Does the new installation work as expected?
3.Is it a DIY project or executed by professionals?
4.Source and cost of the camera and the accessories.

Thanks!
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:35   #9113
BHPian

Any idea on replacing the USB socket inside the hand-rest? (This is the connection for enabling the Android Auto).

My connection has become little loose and connectivity is lost once in a while.

Last time, I enquired about the replacement of the socket during the service, the SA was clueless and said, we do not replace this.
Was wondering, any one faced issues with the USB socket and replaced it?

I can live with the current scenario as it is not a pressing need to replace. Connectivity issue faced is very rare.
Old 22nd September 2020, 16:50   #9114
J58

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Dear J58,

1.Purpose of this camera?
2.Does the new installation work as expected?
3.Is it a DIY project or executed by professionals?
4.Source and cost of the camera and the accessories.

1. To get a better idea of left side in narrow escapes. (*More in 4)
2. Field of View (FOV) is limited. Not upto expectation. A camera with wider view could have performed better.
3. By professional.
4. I installed 70mai D07 Dashcam myself some weeks ago. Since Zeta already had a reverse camera, I thought of using the reverse camera (which came with 70mai D07) below the left side ORVM. Ordered from Amazon. Dashcam with backup camera costed me ₹9k.
J58 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 00:45   #9115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Any idea on replacing the USB socket inside the hand-rest? (This is the connection for enabling the Android Auto
Yes. I've got it replaced under warranty.
CrossLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 10:05   #9116
BHPian

Hello all,
In my Scross alpha 1.3 2015 model, left side d5s bulb has gone half kaput, high beam is not working. The replacement bulb is very costly. I was surfing through aliexpress and found the item mentioned below. The OEM part is 25w and this one is 35W. I don’t have much knowledge in this department. Will 35w bulb put more load on battery? Can experts here suggest any better alternatives.

Rs. 2,258.14 29% Off | AILEO High bright D5S Bulb For PHILIPS Chevy GM Jeep VW Audi Hyundai HID Xenon 4300K 5000K 6000K 35W Car Headlamp 9285410171
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0QyLl5
Old 6th October 2020, 17:54   #9117

Hey,
Has anybody added a central speaker on the S-Cross (present on the international variants).
I was browsing and happen to discover that the Kizashi Central speaker is a perfect match for the SX4 (not quite sure about the S-cross)
Adding the link to the part- https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-3910268ha0-16966464/
Is the wiring already present and will it be plug and play?
Also wanted to add tweeters which are absent in the Delta 1.6
Is the wiring present for that?

One more thing which is available in the international S-cross and not in the Indian version is the Rear fog light.
The fog lamp from the previous gen Wagonr seems to the exact same version.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-lamp..._fog-33003073/
Do you guys things it's worth the pain of cutting the bumper and adding the rear fog lamp?

Thanks.
abhijitrpatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 18:16   #9118
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I just picked up a used Scross 1.6 with about 40k Kms on the Odo in Bangalore. I had been smitten by this car ever since I drove it when it first launched. So much so that I convinced a couple friends to buy it as well. They however got the 1.3 version.

I need help from the forum on the following points.

1) How does one book a service in Nexa? Can you just drive in or does one need to book a service in the app? I couldn't register on the app as the RC transfer is not complete yet. Also, which service center does a good job in South Bangalore?

2) I am not sure if the car has extended warranty. The car's age is just less than 4 years. If it does what all needs to be replaced? I've gone through the service history and I didn't see any replaced rear beam on it. Is this something that needs to be done if the car doesn't have warranty as well?

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 9th October 2020, 18:43   #9119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Hello all,
Will 35w bulb put more load on battery? Can experts here suggest any better alternatives.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0QyLl5
Just want to highlight that HID is having only one light arc for high beam and low beam. The projector shutter that switches between high and low beam. So, if high beam is the only thing that is not working, it won’t be a problem with HID ballast / bulb integrated unit (D5S).
Assuming the D5S is gone, here is the feedback I have:
I know few S Cross owners who use the 35W D5S HID from Ali Express and are having positive feedback. Just make sure you are getting from the right seller there. The 35W used to give significant improvement light output compared to the stock 25W. Handling warranty from India is next to impossible, that's the only risk with products from Ali Express.
Stock wiring can easily handle 35W HID and it is not going to add any extra load on battery.

Last edited by lovetorque : 9th October 2020 at 18:51. Reason: additional points
lovetorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 19:40   #9120
BHPian

In my 1.6 S cross, the surrounding black plastic around the gear knob has started cracking/ peeling off.

In the local market/ online stores, I'm not able to find a replacement for this 6 speed + Reverse layout. Checked Bodomo, but the I'm not sure about the part; also the cost exceeds 5k.

Most Viewed