Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2021, 00:18   #9286
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Did you try for warranty? I had to pay for mine. Despite at least 60% of the 40k KMS being on the highway the clutch was gone too soon.
No Warranty. Paid from pocket!
CrossLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:45   #9287
BHPian

I feel a little dumb asking this question after owning my SCross for close to 6 years now. Sometimes issues persist for long in your vehicle and you fail to even recognize that it is an issue.

On a recent drive in pitch darkness with a friend I was struggling to change setting on my music system. He asked me why is the backlight of the music system and the AC not working? The first question that came to my mind was - is there even a backlight on this system? I tried thinking hard and could not make up my mind on if there is a backlight available or not (sorry if it sounds too dumb).

Other folks who are using the Delta & Sigma variants of the SCross would you please confirm if your music system and the AC panel have backlights to make it easier to use while driving in complete darkness?

This is the model I am talking about.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-audio.jpg
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 14:50   #9288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Other folks who are using the Delta & Sigma variants of the SCross would you please confirm if your music system and the AC panel have backlights to make it easier to use while driving in complete darkness?

This is the model I am talking about.
Attachment 2207763
Backlighting on the music system and AC panel is a universal thing present in all cars right from the Alto all the way to the most expensive cars! There is no way your car doesn’t have backlighting when you switch on the headlights at night.

Please get it checked!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 17:10   #9289
BHPian

Quote:
please confirm if your music system and the AC panel have backlights to make it easier to use while driving in complete darkness?
I don't own an S-Cross. But it could be a case of low brightness of control lights (read dimmed lights).
In cars like EcoSport, there's an option to increase this brightness in Instrument Cluster Settings - which will increase brightness of all controls present in dashboard.
You can check for this Setting.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 16th September 2021 at 17:11.
Old 17th September 2021, 14:30   #9290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
I don't own an S-Cross. But it could be a case of low brightness of control lights (read dimmed lights).
In cars like EcoSport, there's an option to increase this brightness in Instrument Cluster Settings - which will increase brightness of all controls present in dashboard.
You can check for this Setting.
Thanks Bhupesh. I did check that setting, there is an option to adjust the brightness of the speedometer but I don't see any brightness level settings for the instrument panel. I will be visiting the service center later today, will update the group on what the issue is. I am thinking it might just be a matter of a blown fuse. Also noticed that both of my fog lights are also not working. Will provide an update once I get it checked.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 13:19   #9291
BHPian

There should be lights in that AC controls. Not sure about the music system. The bulbs are called dashboard bulbs. They are tiny, glass bulbs. Boodmo sells it for Rs 8 or so. Workshops may charge more because of the manual work involved in removing the console etc.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:14   #9292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
On the other hand, Stock wiring handling 35W is a good news. Since vehicle is 5 years old, sooner or later they may need a replacement. I will keep a check on aliexpress for pricing, if some offer comes, I will order it.
Did you try out 35W D5S bulbs? I am looking for leads to procure the same.
Old 20th September 2021, 10:23   #9293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Did you try out 35W D5S bulbs? I am looking for leads to procure the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
The 35W used to give significant improvement light output compared to the stock 25W. Handling warranty from India is next to impossible, that's the only risk with products from Ali Express
Is it the Morimoto one you're talking about? I've been using this for last 3+ years atleast. While it's true that there's absolutely no additional work to be done other than simply refitting the bulb, Morimoto has tall claims on 40% number.

It's simply not worth spending that much money for 10+10W more without much gain in the output. However, is there a difference? Yes, there's noticeable different between stock & Morimoto, but the high cost of Morimoto is not justified for the outcome.

Last edited by aargee : 20th September 2021 at 10:26.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 14:17   #9294
BHPian

Quote:
I feel a little dumb asking this question after owning my SCross for close to 6 years now. Sometimes issues persist for long in your vehicle and you fail to even recognize that it is an issue.

On a recent drive in pitch darkness with a friend I was struggling to change setting on my music system. He asked me why is the backlight of the music system and the AC not working? The first question that came to my mind was - is there even a backlight on this system? I tried thinking hard and could not make up my mind on if there is a backlight available or not (sorry if it sounds too dumb).
Got this issue fixed. Looks like some wiring issue. When I got it checked, realized that the entire instrument cluster lighting, fog lamps, rear lights and the lights on warning system were not working. I was thinking it was just the music system and the AC. After spending three hours trying to identify the issue, the service folks were able to get to the wire that they said had a short circuit. After fixing it, everything is working fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210918_182532.jpg  

SafeDrive0107 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:36   #9295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Facing an 2nd to 3rd gear slotting problem
Took the car to the workshop for this problem and a CEL due to Glow plug control module.

Glow plug control module got replaced.
They have bled the clutch this time around. For now looks ok, will check in the next few days.

Suspecting synchronizer or clutch if this doesn't work. Quoting 25K for it.

How much did you (ike and Crosslife) spend on the clutch plate replacement?
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:59   #9296
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Suspecting synchronizer or clutch if this doesn't work. Quoting 25K for it.

How much did you (ike and Crosslife) spend on the clutch plate replacement?
Since bleeding solved it for now hopefully fixed for good, most likely the clutch. Synchronizers were sorted in the later models AFAIK.

If I remember correctly I was charged around 8k for the clutch plate alone and since I was getting the 40k service done they absorbed the labour and didn't charge separately.

I have uneven wear at the back, the tyre shop says (I checked at 2 places) this is likely due to improper tyre rotation, the alignment values are off only marginally. I have to get new set of tyres anyway, but planning to get new ones after establishing what caused this.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 13:58   #9297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I have uneven wear at the back, the tyre shop says (I checked at 2 places) this is likely due to improper tyre rotation, the alignment values are off only marginally.
I tell Porur Nexa explicitly not to do alignment/balancing even though its part of the service, and get it done in the usual tyre shop always. Even with that stock JK UX Royales lasted 58 K for a 80-20 highway-city split.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:01   #9298
ike
BHPian

Quote:
I tell Porur Nexa explicitly not to do alignment/balancing even though its part of the service, and get it done in the usual tyre shop always. Even with that stock JK UX Royales lasted 58 K for a 80-20 highway-city split.
I also get it done evry 5k at good tyre shops. The problem here seems to be an additional rotation/screw up during last service. Unless you specifically mention to not rotate the tyres, they usually do it. The Michelin Primacy 4 were fine till January and looked good but now will have to change in the next 10k KMs or so. They have covered 32k KMS so far.

Last edited by ike : 1st October 2021 at 14:13.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 18:41   #9299
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone availed pickup & drop for servicing the car? I just availed for first time in my whole life & Khivraj Nexa charged Rs 350 on that. No complaints, it was handled professionally well, but just asking if this were charged as I was under the impression car pickup & drop service was free of cost.

Note - The pickup & drop service was outsourced to third party Gear Shift Auto Assistance Pvt Ltd
Old 11th October 2021, 18:57   #9300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Guys, anyone availed pickup & drop for servicing the car?
Yup, Kalyani motors (Bangalore) have a charge of 300/- for pickup and drop service - have taken that service.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks