Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-637.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayans80 (Post 5532149)
Sad to see your S-Cross go man. You used to be the reference for services on my (former) 1.3.

Do you have a replacement already in line ?

Skoda Slavia 1.5 TSI MT

Quote:

Originally Posted by car-dent (Post 5532153)
How much did you get for it?

3.25L

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 5492696)
Intercooler cleaning

Was this just the externals or was the intercooler removed and cleaned from within?
If the latter, any idea how they go about this process? How much gunk was in it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajathv8 (Post 5535232)
Was this just the externals or was the intercooler removed and cleaned from within?
If the latter, any idea how they go about this process? How much gunk was in it?

The top portion of the bumper grill is loosened and the lower and upper intercooler hoses disconnected. Then it IC was removed from the car and then cleaned separately. It had lots of soot deposits. This was as per SA, I was not there as I was out for lunch when they did IC cleaning.

I have let the S Cross go with 83k on the clock after 7 years. One of the best cars Maruti has made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ike (Post 5543832)
I have let the S Cross go with 83k on the clock after 7 years. One of the best cars Maruti has made.

looks like a few folks have let go of the scross. Care to share what price you got and what you upgraded to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 5544334)
looks like a few folks have let go of the scross. Care to share what price you got and what you upgraded to?

Upgraded to a harrier, got 5.5L for the car.

7 Year 9 months young beauty taking rest at a shade in Kerala. Just shy of 300KM to the figure of 1 Lakh KM.

Wanted to ask the forum for some ready reckoners on the S- Cross. Has anyone experienced trouble with RPM at the 1850-2000 range, wherein the car almost regardless of which gear and which speed it is in, seems to be shuddering a bit almost demanding a downward gearshift?

I tried a few options like increase speed and then make the change, but this to me seems inelegant as it used to seamlessly manage at 4th gear at 40 kmph and 5th gear at 65kmph.

Now I cant even get to 6th gear below 95 kmph without significant shudder and knocking noises. What could be the challenge?

Also some people have talked of clutch issues of dead clutch once pressed hard. I now have to use my foot on the underside of the clutch to pull it back up at times to fix this issue. And yes this is a replaced clutch (replaced I think at 80000 km or thereabouts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debasish M (Post 5555339)
Also some people have talked of clutch issues of dead clutch once pressed hard. I now have to use my foot on the underside of the clutch to pull it back up at times to fix this issue. And yes this is a replaced clutch (replaced I think at 80000 km or thereabouts.

Dead/stuck-at-bottom clutch could be faulty slave cylinder or master cylinder leakage. Were both these changed in clutch replacement?

A Reliable and Beloved Companion

Year of Purchase: 2017
Kilometres driven: 1,13,000
Average Fuel Economy: 20.58 km/l
Driving Conditions: 80% highway, 20% city

Modifications:

1. Wolf Remap Stage 1 at 69,000 km
2. Replaced headlights with 100/90-watt bulbs
3. Hella Horn

Tyre Changes:

1. Primacy 4ST at 57,000 km
2. Continental UC6 at 98,000 km

Driving the S Cross has been an incredible journey, and I couldn't be happier with my ownership experience. In the six years of owning the S Cross, I have developed a deep appreciation for its dependability, fuel efficiency, and all-around performance. This car has been a loyal companion on my travels, providing a comfortable and enjoyable driving experience. Its reliability and durability have surpassed my expectations, making it a vehicle I can trust even after extensive mileage. As I explore potential upgrades, I have yet to find a worthy upgrade that matches the S Cross's performance and value for money.

+1 for A Reliable and Beloved Companion

Except one major issue early in the life of the car, there has been absolutely nothing worrying about my 2015 SCross. It is one heck of a reliable car from Maruti. It is really sad that Maruti was not serious about this awesome vehicle (arguably the best made-in-india Maruti vehicle) till date.

I have a query for Scross owners. I plan to replace the infotainment screen with a one from either Sony or Pioneer. I have seen few videos on YouTube and these new age android based displays are amazing in terms of display resolution, touch sensitivity and also help improve the sound quality.

Can I get few recommendations from existing owners who have replaced the infotainment screens?

I do NOT want any setup which involves any kind of wiring changes, wire cutting, joining etc. All the videos that I have seen so far, were all plug-n-play kind of fittings.

Hello Everyone,

I recently shared my admiration for the S Cross, my trusted companion over the past 6 years. With a mileage of over 1.13 lac kilometres, this car has never let me down. I haven't encountered any issues or had to replace any parts so far. It has indeed been a hassle-free experience. Just like any dedicated car enthusiast, I ensure that the car is serviced every 10,000 kilometres with fully synthetic oil. Moreover, I make it a point to be present throughout the service. Since the launch of XtraGreen, I've been using it, and it has delivered positive results in engine refinement and fuel efficiency.

Lately, I've been itching to replace my car with an automatic transmission. Yesterday, I had Spinny evaluate my car, and they offered me 5.8 lacs. However, I'm uncertain if this is a good price.

Approximately 80% of my driving is on the highway, and my family consists of two adults and a three-year-old child.

Considering my requirements for a new car, here are the key factors:

1. Automatic transmission
2. Diesel or hybrid engine
3. Emphasis on safety and then the mileage. With S cross I get an average of 20km/l so far
4. Budget ₹25 lacs

I've read suggestions from GTO about keeping a car if it doesn't give any trouble and investing in making improvements like adding seat covers etc. to maintain its appearance rather than paying EMIs for the new car

While I'm content with my S Cross, I'm unsure how much longer it will serve me. Is there a worthy replacement for this car, even if it's not perfect?

I would greatly appreciate hearing your suggestions on this matter

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharathdonti (Post 5576599)
Hello Everyone,

Considering my requirements for a new car, here are the key factors:

3. Emphasis on safety and then the mileage. With S cross I get an average of 20km/l so far
4. Budget ₹25 lacs

Hello, Considering your requirements, I think Honda City Hybrid will be the best option. On Highways, you can expect a mileage of 25km/l or more. The upcoming Kia Seltos will be another good option, but I doubt if it can match the mileage of the Honda City Hybrid. Do check out both cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharathdonti (Post 5576599)
4. Budget ₹25 lacs

While I'm content with my S Cross, I'm unsure how much longer it will serve me. Is there a worthy replacement for this car, even if it's not perfect?

I would greatly appreciate hearing your suggestions on this matter

I sold my S-Cross 2 months ago and upgraded to Slavia 1.5 DSG after TD'ing multiple cars. Primary use will be for highways and I wanted an automatic petrol turbo

Spinny offer is pretty good considering the milage , you can try pushing for a round of 6 lakhs

Hello All
What's the price on could expect for 2017 model SCross 1.6 that has run ~70K? Is it worthy still in the market amidst of Kia & Tata these days?