Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
8,598,581 views
Old 17th April 2024, 17:35   #9601
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 21 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I suspect the high pressure pump. It is kind of a common failure. I had mine replaced at 79k. Symptom was the same, engine dies while driving. I spoke to a few friends and they mentioned that it usually happens when the fuel is near empty, that means, with the full tank, the issue does not really surface. If you want to replicate, better to try with a close to empty tank.

You may hit some search results if you try high pressure pump and DDiS.
Hi, I am having the issues of sudden dying of engine again and again. In between, a local mechanic asked to replace the fuel filter and for some time car worked properly. But some how the issue has surfaced again in one the long trip. This time one of MASS suggested to change High Pressure pump. But its cost is around 35k. With your experience do you suggest to go for the same. Mine has clocked (1.3 Zeta 2015) 78k now . The MASS person has also telling the issue can be repaired and will cost Rs. 12k around and the problem will not come again. Can you suggest with your experience which direction should I proceed.
sumit1609 is offline  
Old 17th April 2024, 21:50   #9602
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,696
Thanked: 1,096 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
Hi, I am having the issues of sudden dying of engine again and again. In between, a local mechanic asked to replace the fuel filter and for some time car worked properly. But some how the issue has surfaced again in one the long trip. This time one of MASS suggested to change High Pressure pump. But its cost is around 35k. With your experience do you suggest to go for the same. Mine has clocked (1.3 Zeta 2015) 78k now . The MASS person has also telling the issue can be repaired and will cost Rs. 12k around and the problem will not come again. Can you suggest with your experience which direction should I proceed.
Hello Sumit,

My entire saga for the issue can be seen here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4585250 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)

Please check the history/stored codes in your car. If it matches the code P0089 then for sure, the issue lies with the high pressure diesel pump.

There was an issue, where in, I was able to get the codes using my own OBDII reader, while SDT was unable to read it. So you may have to try a few different OBDII readers from FNG / friends to get the data. For suzuki specific android OBD reader, use SZ viewer, if you are able to get your hands on one such device.
govigov is offline  
Old 18th April 2024, 07:46   #9603
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 283 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Of late I’ve been noticing that my 5 yr old 54k kms run S-Cross judders in the first gear. This typically happens when moving up on inclines, either when I’ve downshifted or was stationary in neutral and up shifted to 1 to move. And this juddering happens right upto 2.5k rpm.

Could someone tell me what the reason could be?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th April 2024 at 12:58. Reason: Formatting.
GreyNomad is offline  
Old 18th April 2024, 12:53   #9604
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 21 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Hello Sumit,

My entire saga for the issue can be seen here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4585250 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)

Please check the history/stored codes in your car. If it matches the code P0089 then for sure, the issue lies with the high pressure diesel pump.

There was an issue, where in, I was able to get the codes using my own OBDII reader, while SDT was unable to read it. So you may have to try a few different OBDII readers from FNG / friends to get the data. For suzuki specific android OBD reader, use SZ viewer, if you are able to get your hands on one such device.
Indeed the issue is same and every time scanner showed the same code.

After experiencing recurring engine shutdowns while driving my S-Cross 1.3 DDIS 2015 Zeta, I consulted MASS Fort Point Reay Road Mumbai. The service advisor diagnosed the problem as a fuel High-Pressure Pump performance issue.

I was presented with two options: either replace the unit for approximately 35k or opt for a repair, costing around 13.5k, given that similar issues had been encountered in other 1.3 DDIS engines. The issue, as explained by the service advisor, occurs when the high-pressure pump malfunctions due to engine overheating after extended drives, mainly attributed to faulty flanges.

Seeking advice from knowledgeable individuals familiar with engine repairs, and considering the 6-month warranty provided by the service centre, I chose the repair option. The vehicle is in their possession for three days. I have requested photos of the repair work and I intend to undertake more extended trips within the next six months to verify the effectiveness of the repair and the confidence shown by the service advisor.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th April 2024 at 12:57. Reason: Spacing for better readability.
sumit1609 is offline  
Old 19th April 2024, 16:41   #9605
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 21 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
Indeed the issue is same and every time scanner showed the same code.

After experiencing recurring engine shutdowns while driving my S-Cross 1.3 DDIS 2015 Zeta, I consulted MASS Fort Point Reay Road Mumbai. The service advisor diagnosed the problem as a fuel High-Pressure Pump performance issue.

I was presented with two options: either replace the unit for approximately 35k or opt for a repair, costing around 13.5k, given that similar issues had been encountered in other 1.3 DDIS engines. The issue, as explained by the service advisor, occurs when the high-pressure pump malfunctions due to engine overheating after extended drives, mainly attributed to faulty flanges.

Seeking advice from knowledgeable individuals familiar with engine repairs, and considering the 6-month warranty provided by the service centre, I chose the repair option. The vehicle is in their possession for three days. I have requested photos of the repair work and I intend to undertake more extended trips within the next six months to verify the effectiveness of the repair and the confidence shown by the service advisor.
After experiencing issues with the High Pressure Pump and getting it serviced at Fort Point Reay Road, Mumbai (where my car stayed for three days), I finally got it back today. The High Pressure Pump was repaired as per service advisor's recommendation, and confidence shown by him. I only drove it briefly during office hours, but I could already feel an improvement in performance. However, the real test will be during longer journeys, as the problem of the engine dying usually occurs after extended use. The total cost came to around Rs 15,027. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works well now. I've attached the bill for my fellow BHPians to see
Attached Files
File Type: pdf High Pressure Pump Repair-Bill.pdf (397.0 KB, 57 views)
sumit1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 11:14   #9606
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 103
Thanked: 57 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Even I'm facing the same issue. Mine is a 6-year-old 130k kms run S-Cross. It judders on the first gear in traffic. Like yesterday Iw as at the railway station and there was bumper-to-bumper traffic the card was violently shaking. Every time I had to release just a small amount of clutch and press the race paddle to bump up the RPM. What could be the reason and how to fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Of late Iíve been noticing that my 5 yr old 54k kms run S-Cross judders in the first gear. This typically happens when moving up on inclines, either when Iíve downshifted or was stationary in neutral and up shifted to 1 to move. And this juddering happens right upto 2.5k rpm.

Could someone tell me what the reason could be?
rickygupta2 is offline  
Old 28th April 2024, 00:21   #9607
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 30
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Our 2018 S cross (1.3 ddis Zeta model) went for regular servicing around 1.29L kms. Apart from the usual checks & changes, one glow plug was replaced. The armrest locking mechanism had also come off sometimes back. Sadly entire unit had to be ordered & replaced.

Even after it has been discontinued good to see people coming up to the car and praising it. I have met very less unsatisfied S cross customers and even the service folks say most of the S cross they service have high running, high customer satisfaction rate and the vehicle itself is very un-maruti like vehicle. I agree with all of them

The SA also adviced to get the timing chain replaced which would take around 2 days. Have some people here replaced that and at approximately what kms? I plan to get it done after a trip.

Also can anyone suggest good quality mats that I can order from somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Silent Buddha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 13:25   #9608
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 103
Thanked: 57 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I got it changed at 1 lakh km
For mats, I ordered Jet Black Mats from Elegant Mats website last year and I am pretty impressed by their quality. Can try those.

Don't order from Amazon as they send any random size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Buddha View Post

The SA also adviced to get the timing chain replaced which would take around 2 days. Have some people here replaced that and at approximately what kms? I plan to get it done after a trip.

Also can anyone suggest good quality mats that I can order from somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
rickygupta2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 23:22   #9609
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Mohali
Posts: 6
Thanked: 19 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Scross 1.6, A pain in the to maintain!



Very recently, I got my 2015 Scross 1.6 Delta's engine overhauled, clocking in at 2.5 lakh kms.

The car was suffering from severe engine back compression. That meant new Turbo core, new piston rings, re-boring the cylinders with fresh walls and new gaskets and so forth.

I got the car overhauled from a Bosch dealer and service centre. It was and is a work in-progress of sorts, the details of which I am going to tell you here.

The actual overhaul wasn't the frustrating part, but sourcing the actual parts. The easy to source parts were the piston rings (but took weeks to recieve), one injector and the overhauling kit.

However, Maruti Suzuki, which is known for its peace of ownership and availability of service centres and parts, simply did an abysmal job with the 1.6 Scross.

To this day, I was not able to find the following parts new for the overhaul, contacting with every dealer, MGP or otherwise in the vicinity or otherwise-

1. Oil pump

2. Oil separator (damn thing is made in Romania, like many
other parts)

3. Some plastic chamber above the head from which the oil
was leaking

Even the piston-rings took their sweet time to arrive. Along with the oil separator, there's also this oil pressure sensor which is currently in transit.

What's more, THE OBNOXIOUSLY EXPENSIVE PARTS!!

5000 INR for an average quality gear knob! No thank you.

Last year, the plumbing from turbo to intercooler and intercooler to intake needed replacement. Both of those seemingly simple hose pipes cost me a combined 12000 INR.

My acquaintance who also owns a 1.6 Scross, did a lot of replacements with his, due to his rather rough usage.
The quotations for the oil-sump, engine-mounts that he told me were simply non-sensical to me.

IN CONTRAST

The 1.3 Multijet Scross is a much easier car to own.
All the mechanics refer to the 1.3 multijet as the "Swift's engine"

Just slap in parts from other maruti diesels when in need!

Just goes to show that part-sharing isn't necessarily a bad thing!

No wonder people sway away from cars with non-localised internals, especially the engine.
ShubhankarS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 12:47   #9610
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 15 Times
2015 Scross 1.6 clutch replacement update

So my 2015 SCross 1.6 delta that recently crossed 70K km had a clutch slave cylinder failure leading to clutch disc contamination.

Clutch pedal was lazy on one occasion. I didn't drive it more than a few km after the incident.

I understand from the service guy that the clutch fluid leaks into the clutch housing and the contaminated clutch disc abrades the flywheel. ( Flywheel gets 'burnt' is what he called it.)
Thankfully my flywheel was OK - only mildly burnt - and didn't need replacement. And flywheel play adjustment through torquing is apparently a standard maintenance procedure whenever the clutch is opened.

Considering I had no clutch slippage etc, I assume the clutch disc would have had some life left were it not for the slave cylinder conking out.
(Service guy was non-committal on this point.)

Charges came to about 27K ( 16K for the clutch assembly, ~3.5K for the slave cylinder and ~7k labour). Took about a week for the parts to arrive.

Clutch now seems a tad softer than when the car was new!

Photos below.

btw - thanks to @CrossLife for the tip about using the Ciaz 1.5D gear knob.
For the S-cross 1.6 they provide a complete shifter assembly that costs 5K.
Threaded aftermarket knobs will also work, I'm guessing, but may be a bit taller - so operating the reverse gear collar will be awkward.
I also found this knob on Jio that claims to be for ciaz but has the Scross pattern:
https://www.jiomart.com/p/homeimprov...ce=shoppingads


Clutch housing leakage:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20240626wa0019.jpg:

'Burnt' clutch disc:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20240626wa0020.jpg

Mildly 'burnt' flywheel:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20240626wa0021.jpg

The S-Cross1.6 and Ciaz1.5D gear knobs with caps pried open:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20240627_182018.jpg

Last edited by shrek : 4th July 2024 at 13:06. Reason: Added a useful link.
shrek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:09   #9611
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,855
Thanked: 16,201 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Multiple 1.6 SCross are up for sale (1 in KL, 2 in KA). One of these is already on Tbhp classifieds; attaching references to others

KL - 2016 vehicle https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=6ojiHh


KA - attached image. DM me for contact details; can route you to the owner.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot-20240709-1.02.558239pm.jpeg

P.s. no affiliation with above 1.6 owners. They were shared on WA groups and hence re-sharing. All discussions / negotiations can be done with them directly.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 9th July 2024 at 13:14.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:30   #9612
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 9,418
Thanked: 13,476 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I sold my Nov 2015, 1.3 Zeta last week with 1.1 lakh km on the odo. Got Rs 3.25 lakh. I think it is a decent price given the diesel situation in NCR.

The car served me really well. The almost perfect practical car
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 16:08   #9613
BHPian
 
Dr.Abhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bathinda, Pb
Posts: 312
Thanked: 459 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I sold my Nov 2015, 1.3 Zeta last week with 1.1 lakh km on the odo. Got Rs 3.25 lakh. I think it is a decent price given the diesel situation in NCR.

The car served me really well. The almost perfect practical car
I think you got less.
For reference, I sold my 1.25 lakh km run 2013 ecosport base diesel in 2021 dec for 3.1 lakh.
In my case, the ford had stopped Indian operations and the car was base variant.
Dr.Abhi is online now  
Old 9th July 2024, 16:21   #9614
BHPian
 
sudeepg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 837
Thanked: 2,667 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I think you got less.
For reference, I sold my 1.25 lakh km run 2013 ecosport base diesel in 2021 dec for 3.1 lakh.
In my case, the ford had stopped Indian operations and the car was base variant.
Eddy's situation is specific to NCR - the diesel ban which makes it difficult to re-register and more complicated to transfer. Therefore, there is more depreciation being applied by the market.

If not for this, your assessment would be correct since that one buyer who values this car will definitely pay much more.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 18:29   #9615
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,696
Thanked: 1,096 Times
Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I sold my Nov 2015, 1.3 Zeta last week with 1.1 lakh km on the odo. Got Rs 3.25 lakh. I think it is a decent price given the diesel situation in NCR.

The car served me really well. The almost perfect practical car
Eddy, sad to see that you had to let go of the car for stupid reasons, but congratulartions on another car. What car are you moving to next?
govigov is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks