Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 21:41   #1426
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Got the delivery of my caffeine brown S cross.
Took it straight to the tyre shop
Swapped it for 16 inch GTR - 'Merc GTA look-a-like' alloys and Hankook 225-55-r16 (overkill, but I loved the look)
Congratulations and Happy Onam too! The first S-Cross on the forum and I expect the thread to be updated regularly.

PS: I'll be following you thread.

Get the remap done after clocking 20,000 kms.
Old 27th August 2015, 22:00   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlone
7've seen the S-Cross in flesh on display in one of the malls. My personal opinion is it looks like just a size bigger hatch back than what's already available in the market. Even though MS markets it as a premium cross over, crossovers can look much better than just being hatchbacks. Even Creta and Ecosport are also crossovers which have far better looks than S-Cross. When I first heard that MS will be introducing a SUV/Crossover, I had high hopes. Once I saw the leaked pics I was disappointed but still was hopeful that it might look better in flesh. Once it was out on display, I decided against it. Again this is just my personal opinion as looks is a very personal perspective.

One quick question I've is that I heard MS saying that the Nexa products will share the service stations of MS. In that sense when they are trying to introduce a premium brand isn't the overall experience including the service (infact service experience should be premium as the customer spends more time or makes more trips to the service station rather than to the showroom which is a one time purchase deal) need to be premium? Are the Nexa customers going to get special treatment over MS customers in which case MS customers will be furious if they are put in queue? Correct me if I'm wrong here!
I was also under the impression that I was buying a large hatch back. But trust me it's more than a hatchback. When I first saw the ecosport I felt that it was a hatch. I m sure you 'll start appreciating it's size once you start driving one. Even rto papers mention it as a saloon and ecosport a hatchback. Drive one and spend sometime and then I m sure you 'll start appreciating the crossover underpinnings. This baby pulls better than an 85 ps duster or an ecosport and does not have the wallow feel of the creta. Till 90 kmph it can run with a 110 ps duster or a creta after which it just edges past an ecosport. Take a long d and feel the cross over feel.

Each major service station will have an engineer trained for s cross. Nexus rm s will coordinate the service. In cochin there will be an exclusive service station adjoining the showroom.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th August 2015 at 23:11. Reason: fixing quote
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 22:21   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
I was also under the impression that I was buying a large hatch back. But trust me it's more than a hatchback. When I first saw the ecosport I felt that it was a hatch. I m sure you 'll start appreciating it's size once you start driving one. Even rto papers mention it as a saloon and ecosport a hatchback. Drive one and spend sometime and then I m sure you 'll start appreciating the crossover underpinnings. This baby pulls better than an 85 ps duster or an ecosport and does not have the wallow feel of the creta. Till 90 kmph it can run with a 110 ps duster or a creta after which it just edges past an ecosport. Take a long d and feel the cross over feel.

Each major service station will have an engineer trained for s cross. Nexus rm s will coordinate the service. In cochin there will be an exclusive service station adjoining the showroom.

First of all congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you made the best decision to suit your needs. I definitely appreciate your feedback and perspective on SCross. But for some reason I kind of got stuck on my first impressions. I guess I will have to try and get past that. Probably will take a TD in a few weeks time when I get a breather from work.

Good to know that MS service stations will have dedicated personnel for Nexa customers.

The nest Nexa release might be the YRS which I'll also look forward for.
Old 27th August 2015, 22:24   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Swapped it for 16 inch GTR - 'Merc GTA look-a-like' alloys and Hankook 225-55-r16 (overkill, but I loved the look)
Many congratulations Sandy!!

The alloys look absolutely stunning indeed. In fact, the brown shade looks superb in this avatar.

Wishing you many many happy miles with the S-Cross.

Happy Onam to all!
Old 28th August 2015, 01:57   #1430
BHPian

What a Waste?

S-Cross is not a car. its not anything. Its a sad attempt at anything by maruti.

I test drove it. Nothing extraordinary, Less intriguing and exciting than the swift, Even the top model 1.6 mjd

Hey Maruti? why do you want to kill your brand in India? Why Nexa, why cant you try to incorporate all nexa vakues in all maruti dealerships???
Old 28th August 2015, 02:54   #1431
BHPian

My friend took the delivery of s-cross 1.3 alpha 2 weeks back, I was as excited as he was so went with him to take the delivery of his car.
The moment I entered the car, first thing I noticed was acres of space. I am 6'2 and my friends brother is 6'1, I sat at the back seat with ample leg room while my friend's brother sat on the front seat pulled almost completely back.
The interior quality is top notch, I could not believe that its actually a maruti suzuki car (probably because I own a 1st gen swift with pathetic quality and cheap looking interiors).
Interiors are well put together, texture on dashboard is really nice to touch, touch screen response is good too. But I could hear a lot of diesel clatter inside the cabin even when the windows were rolled up completely. I really liked the interior illumination as well.
Suspension did its work on potholes, could not feel them much inside the car. I believe its kind of tuned neutrally, not too stiff and not too soft.
Leather quality (or artificial leather) everywhere in the car is top notch and gives a premium feel to the interiors.
It is bigger than what it looks like in pictures. It might be an overgrown hatchback but the space inside is unmatched by any other hatchback, atleast I never sat in such a spacious hatchback before.
But I feel it is definitely over priced. People who would buy it will not be disappointed and then there is "The Maruti Suzuki" trust factor as well.
Aksthedreamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 07:13   #1432
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150827_221819picsay.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150828_064655picsay.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150828_064707picsay.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150828_064723picsay.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150828_064841picsay.jpg

Here are the pictures of my S Cross 1.3 Zeta

If you are wondering why I got the rub strips, check out the parking space in the first picture.

Quote:
I was also under the impression that I was buying a large hatch back. But trust me it's more than a hatchback. When I first saw the ecosport I felt that it was a hatch. I m sure you 'll start appreciating it's size once you start driving one. Even rto papers mention it as a saloon and ecosport a hatchback. Drive one and spend sometime and then I m sure you 'll start appreciating the crossover underpinnings. This baby pulls better than an 85 ps duster or an ecosport and does not have the wallow feel of the creta. Till 90 kmph it can run with a 110 ps duster or a creta after which it just edges past an ecosport. Take a long d and feel the cross over
I totally echo your notes Sandy Gordon. I wanted to check how the vehicle handles so took it for a spin at 6:00 AM today on the Hosur road flyover. It pulls like a gem, had to restrict myself from crossing higher speeds.

The only thing I was unable to understand is how the cruise control works, when I was cruising at ~110 i switched it on and instead of maintaining speed it dropped to ~80. Not sure how this works

Last edited by ampere : 28th August 2015 at 10:14. Reason: Merged back to back posts; Removed high speed mentions.
Satishtv is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 09:10   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post

If you are wondering why I got the rub strips, check out the parking space in the first picture.
Congrats Satishv and thanks for the wonderful picture. We all hope to see your ownership review soon!
Old 28th August 2015, 09:32   #1434
BHPian

I had my first sighting (fleeting glance) of the S-Cross in Chennai last evening. It was huge and the front face did not look too awkward when it suddenly went past me. Since the median was obstructing the lower view of the S-Cross, I could not see its infamous alloys .
Old 28th August 2015, 09:42   #1435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

S Cross looks best in this color. Your parking lot seem to need extra skill to avoid scratches. Take care!

Wishing you a great ownership with this Crossover!

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th August 2015 at 09:47.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 10:00   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing I was unable to understand is how the cruise control works, when I was cruising at ~110 i switched it on and instead of maintaining speed it dropped to ~80. Not sure how this works
Thanks for the pictures. I've shortlisted the silver and the grey.

BTW, I tried the cruise control system on BIAL road and it worked like a charm! Once you turn on "cruise", you will notice that the MID will indicate that the system is engaged. Thereafter, you can use the steering mounted controls to set the desired speed. This can be done by using the "+" and "-" controls. Remember, that the minimum speed to engage cruise control is 40 kmph.

Did you try increasing the setting using the "+" button when the speed dropped to 80 kmph?

PS: OTOH, 80 kmph should be the upper limit when using this system on peripheral roads

Last edited by pannags : 28th August 2015 at 10:03.
Old 28th August 2015, 10:28   #1437
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the new S-Cross acquisition it looks very nice!

The Cruise Control typically works like this - you press the Cruise button and it goes into a "set" mode, now you set the desired speed (newer cars have the "+" and "-" to set a value), now you press the Cruise button again to "lock" the set speed. Subsequently, to disengage Cruise control just tap the brake once.

On another note - wondering why there isn't a badge to identify the S-Cross variants - the hatch door only has an "S-Cross" badge, nothing for the "1.3"/"1.6" and "Alpha"/"Zeta"/"Sigma"
Old 28th August 2015, 10:30   #1438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

On another note - wondering why there isn't a badge to identify the S-Cross variants - the hatch door only has an "S-Cross" badge, nothing for the "1.3"/"1.6" and "Alpha"/"Zeta"/"Sigma"

S Cross 1.6 is badged thus with only "1.6" .

True - Alpha , Zeta is not labelled so in the car.

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th August 2015 at 10:32.
Old 28th August 2015, 13:00   #1439

Congrats Satishtv!! I am glad you liked the power the 1.3L is producing to pull the S cross efficiently. I am planning to take 1.3L Zeta as it fits my budget & I felt that variant to be total VFM!!.

Creta definitely has the charm which infact is making me consider the 1.4L S+ which is a variant comparable to 1.3L Zeta though it costs a whopping 2 Lakhs more! Heard the cost of maintenance is also relatively much higher compared to the S Cross.

Any suggestions on this?!

P.S : this is my first post & am super excited to be a part of Team bhp

Note from Mod : Please use proper punctuation and avoid typing...like...this... Do see post #2 in THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 29th August 2015 at 14:30. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 28th August 2015, 13:04   #1440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
your hippo looks more like a rhino with those shoes looking forward to your ownership thread and more pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks