Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 12:14   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
With less than a day to go for the launch, here is how my thought process looks ...
Seeing Your chart you will surely get the DDiS200 Alpha

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th August 2015 at 12:15.
Old 4th August 2015, 12:53   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
With less than a day to go for the launch, here is how my thought process looks ...

Attachment 1399155

PS: no points for guessing where the inspiration for flow charting came from
Exactly my algorithm with the skoda part chopped off. I think we Bangaloreans are really scared of the sudden spike in road tax above 10 lakhs ex-showroom. It's a sensible decision which most of us budget deprived people take. Had a chat with the Nexa RM and as per him be prepared for a surprise. On a side note he also expects us not be very optimistic on the pricing part. It's a no brainer to go for the top 2 variant in DDIS 200 just for the equipment level and premiumness.

It's really amazing that we didn't get a single false claim on the pricing till now. Kudos to Maruti.

On asking the total bookings in Bimal nexa, the counter goes beyond 120 and my number somewhere in 50's. But, I will be getting delivery by last week of august even if I change the variant(within DDIS 200). The bookings are evenly distributed to both power options, but he is expecting a little wait for the 320 power-train.

Best of luck to all who have pre-booked.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:05   #483
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Had a chat with the Nexa RM and as per him be prepared for a surprise. On a side note he also expects us not be very optimistic on the pricing part.
Prepare for a surprise, and then not to be very optimistic on the pricing? I am totally confused!
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:26   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Prepare for a surprise, and then not to be very optimistic on the pricing? I am totally confused!
Even I am confused. May be he is trying to say that it won't come cheaper than ciaz where as it will also be cheaper than duster/creta. But who knows the surprise may swing either directions.

I think the DDIS 200 is going to lock horns against i20 active and ecosport where as DDIS 320 will be fighting with duster.

God bless competition and hope the consumer to be the winner.
Old 4th August 2015, 13:46   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
Birdies...where art thou
Quote:
Had a chat with the Nexa RM and as per him be prepared for a surprise.
Quote:
It is better we don't have any birdies around here. We just need Maruti Suzuki to see the reality and if S Cross need to be a success price it thus.
Introductory Pricing is always welcome!

Being a leader they should be aware the handicap of S Cross in perceptions (looks) , the bookings generated by its competition and this being their first Premium product to price it accordingly

I believe S Cross will surprise us with its pricing, in a positive way!

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th August 2015 at 13:50.
Old 4th August 2015, 14:33   #486
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looked at the Australian Suzuki site for the SX 4 - Cross, it mentions:
Air conditioning - "dual zone digital climate control" on GLX, GLX AWD and GLX Prestige variants. Does this mean it has rear aircon vents as well ? Was this de-specced on the Indian S-Cross models ?
Old 4th August 2015, 14:57   #487
BHPian

Quote:
One way too look at this is, probably he meant that the DDiS 200 will be very attractive i.e. Alpha variant < 10 lakhs ex-Bangalore - that will be the surprise part.

Also, the DDiS 320 will be pretty pricey - that will be the don't be very optimistic on pricing part.

Another way to look is, probably he meant that the starting price of DDiS 200 will be very attractive - that will be the surprise part.

But, DDiS 200 Alpha and DDiS 320 variants will be matching Duster annd Creta respectively - that will be the don't be very optimistic on pricing part.

I hope, wish and pray it is the former and I think romeomidhun will be the best person to clarify than someone like me speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looked at the Australian Suzuki site for the SX 4 - Cross, it mentions:
Air conditioning - "dual zone digital climate control" on GLX, GLX AWD and GLX Prestige variants. Does this mean it has rear aircon vents as well ? Was this de-specced on the Indian S-Cross models ?
I went through the specifications and also the pictures / features in the website and did not find any mention of the rear AC vents. From the pictures on the internet, I do not find any picture indicating its presence. So I safely assume, it is absent in the Aussie version as well. Dual zone AC means that different settings can me maintained in the ACC for the driver side and co-driver sides. I have experienced it in some cars in the US.

Coming to the Indian version - it is definitely de-specced. We miss out on the dual zone AC, sunroof, side and curtain airbags, auto box, AWD, stylish alloys and may be a few other features as well. But, is there one car <20 lakhs that come to India with the same specifications as the international variant??

When I asked the RM about the rear AC, he told that S-Cross comes with a 0.8 ton AC and it will cool the entire cabin very quickly and hence rear AC is not really required. I dont find the answer convincing enough though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It is better we don't have any birdies around here.

I believe S Cross will surprise us with its pricing, in a positive way!
Oh Yes, it is good that there is not much speculation other than the approximate figures quoted by the RMs. At least we will not have huge heart-breaks when the figures will be out officially tomorrow. I just hope that the DDiS 200 Alpha variant is below 10 ex-Bangalore. That should seal the deal for me

Last edited by Vigkey : 4th August 2015 at 15:23.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 15:10   #488
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I went through the specifications and also the pictures / features in the website and did not find any mention of the rear AC vents. From the pictures on the internet, I do not find any picture indicating its presence. So I safely assume, it is absent in the Aussie version as well. Dual zone AC means that different settings can me maintained in the ACC for the driver side and co-driver sides. I have experienced it in some cars in the US.

Coming to the Indian version - it is definitely de-specced. We miss out on the dual zone AC, sunroof, side and curtain airbags, auto box, AWD, stylish alloys and may be a few other features as well. But, is there one car <20 lakhs that come to India with the same specifications as the international variant??
Thanks, I was just curious about the rear air con vents not being present when they probably are in the international versions. If this was the case, there is some ray of hope that it may at a later point be introduced here as well, yes I'm optimistic
Regarding the features, yes I'm quite happy as I mentioned in my earlier posts also that Maruti has really gone out of the way and given a lot of equipment on the lower variants , especially considering what they've done in the past!
Keeping fingers crossed for the pricing to be great.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 15:16   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One way too look at this is, probably he meant that the DDiS 200 will be very attractive i.e. Alpha variant < 10 lakhs ex-Bangalore - that will be the surprise part.

Also, the DDiS 320 will be pretty pricey - that will be the don't be very optimistic on pricing part.

Another way to look is, probably he meant that the starting price of DDiS 200 will be very attractive - that will be the surprise part.

But, DDiS 200 Alpha and DDiS 320 variants will be matching Duster annd Creta respectively - that will be the don't be very optimistic on pricing part.

I hope, wish and pray it is the former and I think romeomidhun will be the best person to clarify than someone like me speculating.

Third way to look at it is.

You are in for a surprise, dont be too optimistic with the pricing

Which means it is going to be priced higher than expectations. So high that you will be surprised

Jokes apart, I think even Maruti knows that they have to price it right. Premium does not necessarily mean premium pricing too. It can be premium features (which this car does have). Those premium features can be priced right and it wont take anything away from the premiumness of the car as such.

I believe DDIS 200 will be very competitively priced. DDIS 320 will be Duster levels.

Lets see.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 16:37   #490
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Scenarios:

There should a fair % of those who have booked the Creta still awaiting the pricing on the S Cross and quite ready to cancel the Creata if the S Cross pricing is significantly better. There would also be a % of people who have booked both and are waiting for the S Cross pricing. So the 18000-25000 confirmed bookings that the Creta has may drop post S Cross pricing release.

There may also be those who will go with whichever will be delivered faster if in a roughly similar price range.

I will be very surprised if S Cross is not at a min 1 L cheaper than the Creta. I expect 1.5-2L min lower pricing though. If the S Cross is priced close to Creta it is in general expected to be a Dud and most will go for the Creta or Duster or EcoSport then, and that would be the end of Nexa as well - Most unlikely scenario. We I guess don't really expect the Suzuki or Nexa name to add a pull to a higher priced S Cross, so let hope that the marketing guys also have figured out the same.

So this time Hyundai too would be waiting for the pricing as also Ford and Renault. Nissan might as well give up. Duster is already hit if one goes by the number last month thanks to the Creta, S-Cross might obliterate it or take out the EcoSport as well.

Somehow Scorpio buyers also those of XUV seem to be in a different segment and neither Creta nor S-Cross may hit it too much. Though the C Segment Sedans though may cross shop.

A good Introductory pricing even for 6 months will service Maruti - No "Suzuki" very well.

Not in the market for a vehicle right now, but these would have been exciting times. It would have been interesting if Creta and S-Cross had been launched in the same month as the EcoSport earlier. It can definitely be assumed that the Duster inspite of all the good that it brings to the table would not have sold in numbers in the past if any of the other 3 had been present about 3 years back and yet we must thank the Duster for having been there to lead these options into our market now. This a changing market space that will impact all brands and vehicles between 8-19L OTR pricing. India automotive landscape is changing.

Last edited by ACM : 4th August 2015 at 16:43.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 16:51   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

The countdown begins!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3712
Size:  349.3 KB
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:07   #492
BANNED

Quote:
I am just another TBHPian, and not from Maruti!
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:14   #493
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, Creta would have a free run unless S-Cross is a lot cheaper than it. Even a price margin of Rs 1 L may not have an impinging effect on Creta numbers.
Hyundai is succeeding by calling a crossover an SUV, whereas Maruti is calling the S-Cross as a crossover itself. The game is lost by Maruti, there itself where customers today, are SUV-centric.

For the first time, Hyundai is seeing an empty road ahead. No challenger as yet. Used to seeing many models of Marutis always showing a clean pair of heels to it and throwing challenges in every segment, Creta is a game changer in Hyundai's Indian history. Maruti may not pose even a semblance of any threat, whatsoever, and can not bask in its once famous adage "The competition is nowhere to be seen". S Cross, at the most, can only fight in a lower segment; with the i20 Active.

The leader is getting the heat for the first time since 1984. The City earlier having squared up the Ciaz lock, stock and barrel.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th August 2015 at 17:21.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:25   #494
BHPian

Quote:
I am just another TBHPian, and not from Maruti
Haha!!! I know that. Actually I misquoted you. I should have quoted sou_3749 Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
EHad a chat with the Nexa RM and as per him be prepared for a surprise. On a side note he also expects us not be very optimistic on the pricing part.
sou_3749 will be the best person to clarify the statement rather than some of of speculating on it. I was just wondering if some information was lost while typing as the statement was contradictory. Expect a surprise + Dont be optimistic on the pricing.

Last edited by Vigkey : 4th August 2015 at 17:36.
Old 4th August 2015, 17:32   #495
Team-BHP Support

Guys, relax. Go home and sleep. Wake up at 12 noon tomorrow, and expected to be either surprised or shocked

No point in speculating on prices now
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks