Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 17:43   #496
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Haha!!! I know that. Actually I misquoted you. I should have quoted sou_3749 Sorry for the confusion.

sou_3749 will be the best person to clarify the statement rather than some of of speculating what it meant. I was just wondering if some information was lost while typing as the statement was contradictory. Expect a surprise + Dont be optimistic on the pricing.
Seriously, do you think I have any trace of the pricing!

On a lighter note I am just voicing somebody's words. The intention is not to create anxiety, but to keep everybody aware of the whereabouts. I can't claim the genuineness of anything that is unofficial. They know they can't afford creta pricing neither they can sell it cheap which will take out the so called premium tag. The only success for Nexa will be correct pricing.

On the contrary, I still can't explain the surprise here. Please don't beat me for that

Somehow I feel the surprise here will be sweet and sour and we are open to imagine whatever we want before 12 noon tomorrow.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:12   #497
BHPian

Car was on display yesterday in Cyber city Gurgaon. Looked ok to me, an honest attempt by Maruti. RM was funny, insisted that its not a Maruti product but a Suzuki product. Alto swift etc are all Maruti and Scross is Suzuki. He asked me whats my expectation about the price and when I said around 8-8.5 for the base model, he seemed happy and told me that I will be positively surprised and it will be launched at prices below my expectation.

Another funny thing he told me is that initial response is so good that booking is likely to be closed and if I am interested then I should hurry.

Last edited by rahul412 : 4th August 2015 at 20:14.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:18   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, relax. Go home and sleep.
There is no reason to lose our sleep, In fact for a change Mr. Kalsi will have a sleepless night since he will be tweaking the prices of S Cross seeing this thread.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:19   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Car was on display yesterday in Cyber city Gurgaon. Looked ok to me, an honest attempt by Maruti. RM was funny, insisted that its not a Maruti product but a Suzuki product. Alto swift etc are all Maruti and Scross is Suzuki. He asked me whats my expectation about the price and when I said around 8-8.5 for the base model, he seemed happy and told me that I will be positively surprised and it will be launched at prices below my expectation.

Another funny thing he told me is that initial response is so good that booking is likely to be closed and if I am interested then I should hurry.
if they are indeed launching around 8 then it stands a good chance- but the real q will be the price of the top end 1.6 diesel. that should not cross 10L
Old 4th August 2015, 20:29   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
if they are indeed launching around 8 then it stands a good chance- but the real q will be the price of the top end 1.6 diesel. that should not cross 10L
I think you mean the 1.3 Diesel top end? I think 11.5-11.7 is the best price for the 1.6 Alpha for this to get good numbers. Otherwise the "SUVs" will win over this if they are nearby on pricing. The Duster top end(non AWD) costs 12.5, without discounts. S-Cross has to undercut it by atleast 50-60k. MSIL have to absorb the cost of the imported 1.6L engine if they want to get any sales whatsoever.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:32   #501
BANNED

Quote:
That IMO is highly difficult.

The DDiS 320 Alpha will be around 11.5-12L Ex-showroom. Keeping that pricing below 10L is not possible as it is an import plus has only 67% localization whereas the DDiS 200 has 97%.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 20:36   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Haha!! That is funny!!! My RM was very honest with me. What he said is that they expect initial lot to have at least 100 S-Crosses and that will clear most of the pre-launch bookings. From then on, like most manufacturers, Maruti Suzuki will dispatch vehicles lesser than actual demand to increase the wait times and show the demand. However, this will hold true only if there is a decent demand for the car. If the demand itself is very less, this strategy will seriously backfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
There is no reason to lose our sleep, In fact for a change Mr. Kalsi will have a sleepless night since he will be tweaking the prices of S Cross seeing this thread.
If Mr Kalsi or anyone from Maruti is actually following this thread, they should make sure the Alpha of DDiS 200 falls below 10 lakhs mark in Bangalore. Nothing like it if Delta of DDiS 320 is also below the 10 lakh mark. This will make sure the vehicle will be a huge success.

Quote:
With all due respect sir, don't you think expecting 1.6 top end to be less than 10 lakhs is way too optimistic?? I think it will be grossly unfair of us to expect that. It is an imported engine greater than the 1.5 L mark and the vehicle is also > 4m. Maruti have managed a localization of only 67%. Also, the top end is loaded with so many features that the list looks like it is from Hyundai. With all this, I will consider that Maruti did a wonderful job if they can price the base model of 1.6 version under 10 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The DDiS 320 Alpha will be around 11.5-12L Ex-showroom. Keeping that pricing below 10L is not possible as it is an import plus has only 67% localization whereas the DDiS 200 has 97%.
Agree with you Anurag!! Even though slightly optimistic, this looks more realistic. I would expect a maximum 12-12.5 lakhs ex-showroom for the DDiS 320 Alpha. Anything more will be a pricing fail from Maruti Suzuki.

Last edited by Vigkey : 4th August 2015 at 20:39.
Old 4th August 2015, 21:00   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross TVC- already seen on TV.

NDTV's speculation of S Cross prices!

Quote:
Launch Date - August 5, 2015

Expected Price - Rs. 7.50 lakh - Rs. 12 lakh

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-car-la...t-2015-1202459

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th August 2015 at 21:06.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 21:23   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Haha!! That is funny!!! My RM was very honest with me. What he said is that they expect initial lot to have at least 100 S-Crosses and that will clear most of the pre-launch bookings.
Cochin Nexa has got a shipment of 35-40 cars for odd 100-120 bookings as per nexa rm.

12 L ex-showroom is the price for the new honda city i-dtec (vx options)
If its 12L ex showroom the OTR price here would be 13.75 L (Cochin) and 14.80L in Bangalore
If its 12.5 L exshowroom Cochin OTR would be 14.40L in Cochin and 15.45L in Bangalore (Creta SX+ 1.6 price)

Compared to Creta 1.6 SX+, the S cross has lesser road presence, lesser power output on paper. HIDs, automatic stuff and leather would be the only add ons. That would be disastrous for the 1.6.

Last edited by sandygordon : 4th August 2015 at 21:37.
Old 4th August 2015, 21:50   #505
BHPian

S-Cross to be priced between 8 and 12 crores???

Seems like Suzuki is taking a chance against Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, Ferrari.

http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...launch/113793/
Old 4th August 2015, 21:55   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post

Haha that's one big typo, lets see how soon they fix it.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.png
Technocrat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 22:00   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross accessories - seats . Rest of the accessories you can see tomorrow

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_0005.png
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_0007.png
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_0009.png
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_0010.png
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 22:01   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Haha that's one big typo, lets see how soon they fix it.

Attachment 1399421
Arrey, I guess setting up NEXA exclusives has added a lot to the product cost. Each S-Cross sold = One NEXA opened. I guess this is the strategy by MSIL
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 22:07   #509
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Compared to Creta 1.6 SX+, the S cross has lesser road presence, lesser power output on paper. HIDs, automatic stuff and leather would be the only add ons. That would be disastrous for the 1.6.
I agree partially:
  • Lower power output on paper;
  • Lesser road presence;

Some people would accept this and go ahead with the S-Cross. Sorry to say but the Creta just didn't appeal to me in any angle. Design-wise too and interior looks.

Earlier trump card that Hyundai had against Maruti cars were Quality, Fit & Finish and features in the variants. I can confidently say that Maruti has demolished Hyundai with this car. Happy to see all features given.

I only wish that Maruti keeps sane pricing standards for the next 1 year and hope they do NOT omit any features out of the DDiS 320 Alpha variant.

PS: Since the NEXA that is being put by Varun Motors here in Hyderabad, I took my Swift ZDi to them for valuation to get a fair idea of the pricing that I would be offered on my Swift if I exchange it for the S-Cross. They offered me 6.05L! I was happy with the offer as the car is stock and has clocked 52K and is around 1.7 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post

Oh C'mon buddy. That's nitpicking now and you are believing these news websites and what they write.

It is obviously in Lakhs. It is just a simple typo!
Old 5th August 2015, 01:46   #510
BANNED

Not sure how relevant the information is and the data on this website. Paying here just for speculation.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150805_014614.png
Views: 3829
Size:  50.1 KB

SOURCE:
www.carpati.in/scross-price

PS: At work now so using the Team-BHP App. Hence posting a screen shot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks