Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 13:05   #571
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Insane Pricing. More than Creta I think its Ecosport which will be partying today. SCross has ensured both Creta & Ecosport & even Duster continue with their dream run.

Maruti has set this up for failure already. I20 active suddenly appears to be a VFM.

Last edited by rahul412 : 5th August 2015 at 13:06.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:05   #572
BHPian

After everything the guys at Ford must be the happiest, The Ecosport looks serious VFM now compared to all the others and the incoming facelift will make it even better.
chirag08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:06   #573
Senior - BHPian

This reminded me of childhood puzzle where person was asked to shorten the length of a line without touching or erasing it. Maruti made Creta, XUV and Duster more desirable by this pricing.

I guess they will not require more NEXA showrooms for now and all the in house hospitality of Nexa can be enjoyed by their staff.
sourabhzen is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:06   #574
BHPian

Other over-priced cars like Jazz suddenly look VFM. Agreed they are different segments and can't be compared directly, but a price of about 17L in Bangalore is too steep

Last edited by thiyags22 : 5th August 2015 at 13:10.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:07   #575
BHPian

I'm seeing value in Creta.
I'm seeing Super value in XUV 500.
I'm seeing bumper value in Elantra.
I'm seeing lesser value in 1.6 Alpha S-Cross.

Am I blind?

Either Maruti is NOT looking at volumes for 1.6 or they just took wrong business decision in the name of PREMIUM, LUXURY words. They surely did not learn from Kizashi debacle.

Customers are intelligent enough NOT to get swayed away from the NEXA showroom experience and continue the same feeling with the car as well as CARS are NOT impulse buys. We, the team bhpians think for an average of 3 months (?) before buying a car. I thought for about 6 months!

It would be an interesting poll to know this, not sure if we already have such a poll/thread. Let me search!

Last edited by petrolveins : 5th August 2015 at 13:16.
petrolveins is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:08   #576
BHPian

3 lakh rupees premium for just another engine variant!! That's super high IMO!
All will be eying on the 1.3L now, if one really wants to buy S-Cross.

Eagerly waiting for DDIS 200 review from Team BHP. Hope there'll be one

Last edited by Sherlocked : 5th August 2015 at 13:10.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:09   #577
BHPian

I think at these prices, it will take a LOT of effort to push the S-Cross. If I can quickly sum up the stumbling blocks, they would be as below:

1. Identity crisis - It's tough to slot the S-Cross in to a particular category. I wonder how SUV wanting public will react to something which they cannot call an SUV

2. Priced higher than most of the peers

3. NEXA does not have a wide presence and has only 1 product to showcase. I am wondering if this factor lessens the chance of a sale (A person has to go to a NEXA only IF he/she is interested in S-Cross; whereas for Hyundai, a person interested in i20/active/Verna may decide to consider the Creta after having a look at it, budget permitting!)

I some how feel Point No.3 would be a major deal breaker (especially in light of the pricing)
octane_100 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:10   #578
BHPian

I feel Maruti and Hyundai ganged up to increase the prices exhorbidantly and make this as a base for future launches. Now my last hope is the Aspire automatic. Even the rapid automatic looks like value for money with 0% interest offering now.
Chillout is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:11   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Insane Pricing. More than Creta I think its Ecosport which will be partying today. SCross has ensured both Creta & Ecosport & even Duster continue with their dream run.
I have the exact same feeling. I mean the EcoSport is a proven mini-SUV with an all round performing engine!
With S-Cross also choosing to go premium with pricing, the folks at Ford will only be exchanging high-fives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Even the rapid automatic looks like value for money with 0% interest offering now.
I think so too and that's my plan-C

Last edited by pannags : 5th August 2015 at 13:16. Reason: Multi-quote added!
Old 5th August 2015, 13:12   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
We, the team bhpians think for an average of 3 months (?) before buying a car. I thought 6 months!
I'm thinking for the last 14 months.

I think the ones that would be most happy are the dealers who did NOT get the NEXA allotments.
mrbaddy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:12   #581
BHPian

Another Kizashi in the making. I am not too sure how successful this Nexa model will be, you just can't have a new flashy showroom and consider that to be a re-branding, while pulling out parts from lower segment, Swift. If that was the case Fiat cafe's should have helped Fiat recover. Anyway, my money on Creta stays, and now I need to learn to be patient with long delivery times. I don't think Hyundai has much to be worried about, which we all were hoping. However, I am more disappointed than surprised, as Suzuki has been known to understand India pulse much better, and with so much parts being shared especially in DDiS 200, pricing it premium seems outrageous.
jha.shailesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:14   #582
BHPian

Huge disappointment by MSIL. But what I think is ,within next year all the brands will launch Same or slightly better vehicles at insane pricing raising the bar of the whole segment. Or to give an example ,b2 segment of all manufacturers of next year will be priced at today's c2 segment and so on.
If all the manufactures unanimously increase prices then customers will be forced to take a pick out of them however insane the pricing may be.
Think advanced preparation for next pay commission !!😜😝
printh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:14   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

I can only hope that at least now people turn back to cars; you know these two or three boxed things called Hatchbacks or Sedans which don't wear stilettos and pretend to be something else.

Wake up people! It doesn't have to cost a million bucks because it JUST looks like an SUV.
kiku007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:15   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear fellow enthusiasts looking to buy a fun to drive car, now that fiat 1.6 has proved to be too expensive, we will hopely wait for the fiat punto abarth 145! I bet they wont do a hyundai/maruti with the pricing.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:17   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder how much be the waiting for Creta now? Creta appears to be value for money now. I was very much interested in Creta this year but pricing and some work have pushed it to next year. And my brother was very much keen on 1.6 SCROSS. Now he might go in for SX(O) Creta or XUV5OO.

Basically we both are unhappy with our respective aspired vehicles. Whats wrong with new launches just being priced high?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 5th August 2015 at 13:21.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed