Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 13:19   #586
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

A quick comparo of DDis 200 with Ciaz 1.3L

Ciaz prices are Ex- Delhi and S-cross prices as announced.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ddis.jpg  

Sherlocked is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:19   #587
BANNED

I feel 200 version is still good to go, but 320 pricing is a blunder.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:22   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Wake up people! It doesn't have to cost a million bucks because it JUST looks like an SUV.
In this case, it doesn't even look like an SUV but still is costing more than a SUV.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:26   #589
BHPian

Hopes for competitive pricing seems to be a lost case now.

Maruti S-Cross 1.3-litre Diesel Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) –

* S-Cross 1.3 DDiS 200 Sigma – Rs. 8,34,000/-
* S-Cross 1.3 DDiS 200 Delta – Rs. 9,15,000/-
* S-Cross 1.3 DDiS 200 Zeta – Rs. 9,99,000/-
* S-Cross 1.3 DDiS 200 Alpha – Rs. 10,75,000/-

Maruti S-Cross 1.6-litre Diesel Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) –

* S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 Delta – Rs. 11,99,000/-
* S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 Zeta – Rs. 12,99,000/-
* S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 Alpha – Rs. 13,74,000/-

(http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/08/car...rs-8-34-lakhs/)

The 1.3 is slightly below the Creta, whereas the 1.6 is on par or at a slight premium.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:26   #590
Senior - BHPian

Nothing but way overpriced Creta has no worries, and Duster will also live.
I think I will wait for M&M to launch the XUV500 Automatic before taking any decision.

Rahul
Old 5th August 2015, 13:29   #591
BHPian

Seeing the S-Cross and Creta pricing, I suddenly realized something about these manufactures

They introduced compact sedans and they increased the prices of the sedans in their stable.
They are now creating a new segment by bringing in big hatchbacks and calling it SUVs and pricing it even more than the sedans.

Took a TD of Creta recently and I felt the top end diesel SX(O) is over priced by at-least 3 lakhs.
daniel_sam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:29   #592
Senior - BHPian

Pricing of 200 version is decent, though Ciaz is a better package with more cabin space and a huge boot. We have a Ciaz in family and I am impressed with it.

I was attracted to 320 version. My dream of owning 1.6 is shattered. Hope Maruti will reduce the pricing with localization once they realize it is not going to fly off the shelf.

I think both Hyundai and Maruti are trying to milk the new trend. Once the hype dies down, common sense will prevail. Let customers vote with their wallet.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 5th August 2015 at 13:36.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:30   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess I will kiss my SX4 and hold on to it for some more time. Disastrous pricing for the 1.6. Else I will wait for a Ciaz 1.6 if that really happens and is priced more sanely than this one. Why on earth do they think people will pay a 3L premium only for an engine? All hopes were washed out.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:33   #594
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Are Hyundai & Maruti indulging in some form of malpractice and have jointly decided to price their products in this range?

Has Maruti gone bonkers? They have let a huge opportunity pass by.

Isn't the EcoSport the most value for money SUV now?

Yep this is a bit of a lifeline to the Duster but then it is already impacted by the Creta and the S-Cross will not impact it with this pricing.

Yes someone mentioned shocking pricing and this is indeed it.

3L for 300cc so by that rule a 2L Engine would have been 7L more. :22L OTR anyone A-Class/ Baby GLA alternative - similar shape - what's in a badge?

There is a thread about the Lux badges price rise - Now we need one about the Crossovers.

Forget XUV having a more rational pricing ever, or even the Hexa coming later this year.

Sureshot way to shut down Suzuki Nexa initiative.

The New Endeavour and Fortuner entry models too will be skyward priced.

Can't even think about selling off my EcoSport AT next year, now will keep it as a second vehicle even when buying a new one - that is what the thought is right now.

9.99L for the Zeta 1.3 seems to be the one that they got right mainly for Bangalore customers to keep below 10L.

So just the DDis200 Zeta and Alpha - for the Nexa to sell.

Lots of comments up there wonder if I'll have to eat my words on any. For the sake of the customers and future vehicle pricing the S-Cross needs to not succeed - My view don't know how it is viewed.

Last edited by ACM : 5th August 2015 at 14:00.
ACM is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:35   #595
BHPian

How they omitted 7 Airbags, ESP, 17" alloys and rear AC vents at Rs 13.74 Lakhs is beyond me.
Who will buy this(DDIS 320) now!

1. You want Space? - Ciaz, City, Duster, Terrano, Creta; all lower priced. even Hyundai Creta and XUV5OO for a little more

2. You want power? - Vento, Rapid, Creta, Duster, Verna, XUV5OO

3. Safety? - Creta and XUV5OO are better. All others in price range are equal if not better.

4. Ground Clearance? - 180mm. Yeah ok

5. Looks? -

I still cannot wrap my head around this 3 lakhs for the engine. This is the most expensive car in this segment. I think after seeing the response to this car, they decided that they'll have to recover the NEXA costs from the few foolish customers who stumble inside NEXA Showrooms, while they can.

Note from Support: Not more than two smilies per post allowed.

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 5th August 2015 at 13:41. Reason: Note Inline
Whichcarnow is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:35   #596
Team-BHP Support

After the initial shock of the DDis320, I compared the prices of the DDis200 and it's actually quite decent. The DDiS320 is just a rude shock. Maruti probably have that only for namesake and are not interested in selling it themselves.

They probably want to concentrate on the locally built 1.3L engine which will get them numbers.

The pricing of the top end Alpha and Zeta is very close to the Ecosport albeit a 30-50K premium. The premium is justified as the S-cross is much larger with more space and the additional features. The Ecosport has the advantage of 6 airbags in the top end Titanium (O) else the S-cross is better equipped overall.

In that sense, Ford should be worried because the 1.3L is similar on performance to the 1.5L TDCi. The 1.6L DDiS was a league ahead.

People who were looking at the DDiS200 will not be too disappointed. The Zeta and Alpha are well equipped, spacious and the 1.3L 90Ps engine is decent. 10.75L ex showroom equates to 13.5L on road bangalore which is in between the sedans and on par with top spec Ecosport.

Anyone who's booked the DDiS 320 should get back the 11K booking amount and give it to Hyundai or get a Renault Duster AWD RXZ spec for the same price.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th August 2015 at 13:40.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:36   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, relax. Go home and sleep. Wake up at 12 noon tomorrow, and expected to be either surprised or shocked

No point in speculating on prices now

Quoting Mod note from yesterday

At 8.34 Lakhs what you get is a basic S-Cross without HID, Cheap Manual AC controls lifted from Alto, non-leather wrapped steering (without thumb contour) from Celerio, Cheap power window controls lifted from Swift, no turn indicator on ORVM. (Pictures here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3769622 )

Now compare this to Ertiga with same engine. You get a 7 seater Ertiga LDi at 7.4L ex-showroom and ZDi is priced at 8.7L. I guess MSIL will launch face-lifted Ertiga soon. So expect some good offers from out going Ertiga.Also, at 8.8L ex-showroom we have Ciaz VDi+ available.

Comparing S-Cross with nearly-sized competitors i20 Active, you get mid variant at 8.34L. Etios cross VD is 7.74L and the Fiat avventura Top end is 8.86L. Suddenly they all are looking value for money. If not anything, you get better looking alloys

I was hoping Duster will feel the pinch and reduce the prices. Looks like Duster will remain distant dream to me. Thank you MSIL for the atrocious pricing. MSIL is good only in selling tin metal cars in the name of good mileage , wide-spread service network.

Last edited by recshenoy : 5th August 2015 at 13:38.
recshenoy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:36   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt they will bring the Ciaz 1.6. If they do, the OTR for ZDi wil be somewhere around 15lakhs in TN. Who would spend so much on a maruti sedan with average handling? If I were a buyer, I would bite the bullet and go for a entry Jetta or fluence.

BTW @recshenoy, Ciaz Vdi+ costs 9.25lakhs ex-showroom here.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 5th August 2015 at 13:38.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:37   #599
Team-BHP Support

Ok, let's cool down for a bit..

- How many of us are disappointed with the DDiS200 pricing ?

And that is the variant that will bring the volumes to MUL. S-Cross will be a reasonable success - much like the Ciaz.

DDiS320 is dead-on-arrival, though.

Last edited by Eddy : 5th August 2015 at 13:39.
Eddy is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:39   #600
BHPian

After the 2 most anticipated releases, where we land is in a place of disappointments. If you want a diesel and are bent towards the fuel figures. I really don't think the 1.3 is overly priced. It indeed is VFM. But, the steed is almost half a decade old to look at, none of us want an old looking car. Looks like maruti thought they are in same league, when it comes to looks with creta. Perhaps,S cross (1.6 specially) could be a little puny part of the bigger strategy from MSIL. Patiently waiting for other releases and price bumps. OT : Mahindra don't shoot us again with the tuv300 ! we already have 2 bullets on our chest.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks