Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 19:06   #691
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

The S-Cross pricing did for Creta what the JAZZ did for i20 way back.

Even the elite i20 is going to sell in numbers now as it looks super VFM when compared to the S-Cross.

Want to see what Maruti does with those black and white showrooms with Apple Ipads and recruits from hospitality, aviation bla bla industries.

P.S:- I loved this Car, Maruti broke my heart with the pricing.
saion666 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:12   #692
BHPian

This is the Economic Times take on the S Cross!
"On the other hand, S Cross is domestically produced, and the import content is quite less. Also, all the old models were petrol driven, while this segment is a largely a diesel fuel driven segment. Lastly, there is no real competing crossover present in the market currently, Etios cross, Fiat Avventura, i20 Active are all built on pre-existing hatchback platforms. Thus S Cross would be a category creator.

The company is expecting potential customers coming from sedan and B segments. Note that, B segment share in the passenger vehicle increased to 21.6% in FY15 from a mere 12.9% a year ago. This would help the company grab market share in relative weak segment in UV space, where it holds a market share of 12%."

Source

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th August 2015 at 19:16. Reason: Adding source url, thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:13   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
While I cannot comment on the pricing of the engine. In your calculation you have to account for a 6% higher excise duty on the entire vehicle when moving from 1.3 litre to 1.6 litre engine in S-Cross
Thats an interesting point mate, I did some google and found the following link -

http://www.charteredclub.com/excise-...cars-in-india/

According to this link the difference of Tax is about 4%. When 1.6 Alpha was exported to Malaysia the declared value of vehicle was about 7.5 L , adding 4% on that would come to 30k.

But yes, I do stand corrected on the base price of the engine - which comes to about 190k.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:39   #694
BHPian

My avatar says it all
Really sad today

Went and checked out the Duster 110, TDed it briefly
I did not like it at all
It costs 14L OTR post discounts

The Delta 320 DDIS ahould cost around 13.75 L OTR here
Things I miss would be (my personal opinion)
- Alloys (Glad I d miss them)
- Rear demister and wiper (demister>>>>wiper)
- AVN unit (will upgrade later) - Will but a tablet holder for my Galaxy Tab
- Headlamps - HID
- Auto AC (Duster doesn't have one - Its always hot here, no need of ACC)
- Reverse parking camera (who needs one when you drive forward 99.9% of the time )

It will still have 320nm of torque and 127 ps power, all discs and 2 airbags LOL
After market momos at 30k - 14L OTR

Once Vitamin M is strong
Custom ICE
Aftermarket HIDs or 'Premium accesory HIDs'
Custom Remap
Karlsson / Stanley leatherette

'Howzthaat' for a rebound?

Last edited by sandygordon : 5th August 2015 at 19:43. Reason: spell
sandygordon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:42   #695
Senior - BHPian

As I said before. Ertiga looks value for money now. Tremendous at that. Maruti should have priced Delta (DDIS200) at the same level as Ertiga Zdi. It would have been the right match between premiumness and practicality. Now it just has made all options look terribly overpriced. Yes I believe even DDIS 200 is over priced.

Just wondering, if Maruti wanted this kind of pricing, Vitara would have been a much better candidate. It sells at the same levels as SCross else where. Would have made much much more sense in India.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:43   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Recap: June 2014

ACI predicted the Price of S Cross to be spot on. Also they had said that Maruti is not looking for great numbers of S Cross but to be present in the CUV segment.

The YBA (Brezza) and maybe Vitara would be the volume generators for them . That could be their strategy!

Quote:
When launched, the S-Cross is likely to be priced at around Rs 13-14 lakh, which will pit it against segment heavyweights like the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and some versions of the Mahindra XUV500.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-387396.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

'Howzthaat' for a rebound?
I have a strong feeing yours will be the first 1.6 S Cross ownership report here. Way to go buddy!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th August 2015 at 20:52. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:55   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Thanks for breaking down what one would lose by going for the Creta

Actually i thought the DDIS 200 is being compared to the 1.6sx creta realised later that it was being compared to the 1.4 Sx+

DDIS 200 would be my choice against the creta 1.4 sx+
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:06   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
My avatar says it all
Really sad today

The Delta 320 DDIS ahould cost around 13.75 L OTR here
Things I miss would be (my personal opinion)
- Alloys (Glad I d miss them)
- Rear demister and wiper (demister>>>>wiper)
- AVN unit (will upgrade later) - Will but a tablet holder for my Galaxy Tab
- Headlamps - HID
- Auto AC (Duster doesn't have one - Its always hot here, no need of ACC)
- Reverse parking camera (who needs one when you drive forward 99.9% of the time )
Sounds good buddy!

Luckily for you the OTR price is 13.75 while in Mumbai it is about 14.82. I am trying to convince myself to go for it along the same lines but spending 1.5 mil for something that doesnt have the basic features, not sure what should I do.
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:08   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
OT : Mahindra don't shoot us again with the tuv300 ! we already have 2 bullets on our chest.
Make that 3 bullets my friend . 3rd one hit me few hours back by MS as I have pre-booked DDiS320 Alpha. I was hoping it will be in the ballpark of 14L OTR. Overpricing the new cars seems to be the theme of the season.
Looks like we don't have city wise OTR price list for S Cross yet. My RM tells me that he will only be able to send me tomorrow morning as its still being calculated according to him. Obviously I have ruled out DDiS320, will test drive 1.3 and take a call on cancelling my booking. Meantime, I will also test drive Rapid/Vento DSG in search of my primary requirement, auto box. Polo GT TSI and Elite i20(with special edition around the corner) are also in the list no more waiting for the new car launches. I am not sure if it is possible, but it would be interesting to see how many DDiS200 & DDiS320 MS manages to sell in our monthly sales figures .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I beg to differ. The ex-SR prices are the highest in Karnataka. The Zeta DDiS200 will be well over 10 L in Bangalore.

For e.g., in Bangalore, the difference in tax between 9.99L and 10.25L is a whopping 80k! It's not a question of affordability, but the loss of perception of value that will drive customers away.

Road taxes, that's adding salt to an injury for us Bangaloreans. If these exuberant taxes are being utilized as it should be by our government then we in Bangalore/KA should have best roads and infrastructure in the whole country. Obviously that's not the case, none of the roads in Bangalore are pothole free and there is just no well-planned car parking complexes. Every-time you drive out in the city you struggle for parking place. And don't forget the toll plazas the moment you get out of the city, frustration and annoyance beyond words.
BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:12   #700
BHPian

seems, despite having so many launches, most of us are out of options for a 'sensible' (on price/performance) car... can get really disappointing for someone looking to buy a new car...
pineapple_ameet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:33   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Isn't the EcoSport the most value for money SUV now?
Indeed so. Just bought an EcoSport 1.5 P AT and feeling mighty happy about it. Guys I think by now all discounts and freebies would have vanished. It will not take a genius in Ford India (or their dealers ) to figure out

- 1.0 EcoBoost has no comparison really, and the top trims now look awesome value for money
- Petrol AT- again, no options, either in Creta, SCross, Duster or any other "tall" vehicle.
- 1.5 Diesel- fully loaded versions look amazingly good value. Mind you, none of the alternatives are really "comfortably" seat three people in the rear.

Sigh !

As I commented elsewhere, the local Ford dealers seem to be well aware of the landscape, and are fully stocked. I got my car the day my loan got cleared (2 days end-to-end).

Last edited by Contrapunto : 5th August 2015 at 20:35.
Contrapunto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:43   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
So Suzuki is now is a premium manufacturer and how!
Suzuki thinks by ditching the revered Maruti branding, Uber-pricing its cars, opening new dealerships with fancy interiors and smartly dressed salespersons that it will attain the Tag of a Premium manufacturer overnight.

Yea keep on DREAMING Maruti Suzuki....Sorry Suzuki.

Last edited by sapeco : 5th August 2015 at 20:44.
sapeco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:44   #703
BANNED

My queries:

1. Is Maruti trying to price the SCROSS 1.6 in line with other markets?
2. Is Maruti trying to keep enough gap for the Vitara which is priced 1L less than SCross in other markets?
3. Is Maruti trying to position the 1.6 only for the rally sports?
4. Will Maruti launch a de-tuned 1.6 model (at around 260NM) at a significantly lower price?

Source: http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...g-premium-9015

"Kenichi Ayukawa, managing director and CEO of Maruti Suzuki India, told Autocar Professional on the sidelines of the launch, “We will have to study the pricing whether the difference is too much between the two variants.”

However, RS Kalsi, executive director (sales and marketing), said the price difference is based on the engine quality and performance; the more powerful 1.6-litre diesel compared to the 1.3-litre motor. He is of the opinion that with the pricing the company has tried to be competitive and will attract more customers to the Nexa showrooms. Also while 1.6-litre DDiS 320 is an imported engine from Fiat, the DDiS 200 is an in-house motor.

“When one drives the car, then one will understand why this difference has been kept. I will say it is due to the extra power of the engines. The customer will finally decide but this was the lowest possible price we could have offered.”"
Old 5th August 2015, 20:44   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
This car is doomed even before it is born. At this price and with those looks, only a blind man or a die-hard MUL fan will buy this car.
Yes this car is definitely not a head turner, may be it is even below average for some, but it is definitely not ugly and disproportionate like some of our Compact Sedans.
My friend when you say only a die-hard MUL fan that's like major part of car buying Junta. Look at their market share in latest July report it is 50%.

Anyways, I think it is good car and decently loaded, it would work well if the engine can take the weight. Otherwise also, if a Toyota Corolla with 1.4D can sell at that price...Maruti can definitely sell decent numbers.
Old 5th August 2015, 20:48   #705
Senior - BHPian

That pricing is quite steep! Knew the 1.3 will undercut the 1.6 by a huge margin but didn't think it would be this high.

I was expecting an approximate price of 12.5 L ex-showroom for the 1.6 Alpha. The car looks very impressive inside out from the review and I can't wait to drive the monster. All these years, we were crying out to MSIL to make a car with great build inside out and it looks like they have delivered just that, but at a price.

I think it would have been better if MSIL didn't take the Nexa route and passed on the savings on that investment to the customers. I wouldn't mind picking up the S-Cross from an existing MSIL dealership which sells the Alto. What's wrong with that?

Anyways, its good to be a lover of sedans these days.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks