Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 13:28   #766
BHPian

Is Nexa Cochin dead already ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
My silent aspiration of upgrading my Dzire for the 1.6 is completely tossed out of the window! Am not even going to waste time to check out the car but would go next month to check out the upgraded Ertiga with the same 1.3L engine - lol.
VERY DISAPPOINTED...
Same condition here
My Nexa RM has gone into hibernation.
He does not answer texts or calls. No idea as to when the TD vehicle will be ready. No idea about when the show room would be ready.
Old 6th August 2015, 13:30   #767
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
May be I am over-reacting here.... @Leoshashi please don't take my comments below
Hello friend.

I suggest you stop typing..... It is against forum rules.

Coming to your outburst regarding people who are criticising the pricing, I find it misplaced.

Team-bhp is an open forum and people are free to voice their opinion as long as it is within the forum rules and not unduly biased. People have a reason to be disappointed with pricing which is being expressed here.

In case of DDIS200, yes I am one of those who believe its overpriced for what it offers. Just compare Delta and Ertiga Zdi. Premium doesn't just mean higher pricing, it needs to be justified too.

In anycase if you feel it is not overpriced, that is your opinion, doesn't make others biased or undulging in blind bashing.

Even in this case you will find a lot of people supporting DDIS200 pricing. Doesn't turn the entire forum into a bunch indulging only in bashing a brand!!

Last edited by vibbs : 6th August 2015 at 13:32.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 13:35   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapeco View Post
Its plain Ol' Greed GTO. Nothing Else. All these manufactures think that they can fool Indians into parting with their Hard Earned money by Fancy marketing and taglines. But they forget one important thing and that is; When it comes to buying a car we ALWAYS look for VFM because the money that we the Indian Middle Class earn is made the Hard Way!
It is greed, no doubt. But we should also note that VFM is a relative term. Lot of people were up in arms when Creta was launched citing that it was over-priced. I feel that too. But suddenly with the absurd pricing of S-Cross, Creta has become VFM to many people in this forum itself.

We keep saying why competition is a good thing, but I feel that the sellers are not going to let us take advantage of that as they are well aware of the ill-effects of a price war.

Another point, not related to the quote but with the rise of the crossovers is this: These crossovers now have introduced a completely new segment and could possibly push the already bloated D segments' price up, which is very bad thing for people like me who prefer sedans. Think about it, the price difference between a proper C sedan and a D sedan is anywhere from 60 to 80%, which is incredible. How on earth did we end up here?
prakash_ajp is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 13:37   #769
BHPian

Quote:
If anything Maruti wants to learn is to do "premium" business that they are trying to learn... But wait .... we won't allow them to learn because, we want what we always wanted from Maruti and that is mass market cars.
I am an ardent Maruti fan and a swift lover.
I dont want them to learn it the hard way. Thats all.

Last edited by ampere : 6th August 2015 at 14:04. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 6th August 2015, 13:42   #770
BHPian

Re: Is Nexa Cochin dead already ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Cancelled my booking I did for 1.6 "mighty engine".
Same here. Just got off the phone with my cousin who said it (1.3L Diesel) won't suffice my needs for the good highway performance and performance on ghats, after he test drove the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post

The S-cross DDiS 320 is out of my wishlist. For that price the Hyundai Creta is a better product. I would go for Creta 1.6 for that money.
Totally agree with this. Just saw the Hyundai Creta SX+ Petrol. Seems to be the closest I can get to for my needs. Booking it tomorrow.

Quote:

May be I am over-reacting here....
Is team-bhp becoming a team-bashing forum when a new car arrives in the market? Come on.... Why teach someone who is a volume master the lessons of how to do Volume business.
You didn't get the point. We are not bashing a new car, we just believe that the better car of the variants is priced atrociously. A LOT of people over here have been looking to purchase the 1.6 Diesel top end and the pricing has just killed it. If Maruti knew about doing volumes in premium segment, why are they a disaster till date, so much so that they need a new brand name called NEXA to start over? And what a bad start? They don't know anything about premium pricing and they have never been successful in the premium segments because of their poor marketing and pricing strategy.

Just give this a thought - If you just factor in how many folks in this forum have canceled their bookings for S-Cross, that in itself is a good enough volume that they have lost. Then consider how many folks on other forums have canceled and the loss associated with that. If that volume is not important to Maruti, I don't know what else is.

Indian Market is price sensitive and I am sure a lot of people are going to back out of 1.6. 1.3 though may sell to uninformed people, but people are going to be really upset at the end of it. You purchase over a million rupee car with all bells and whistles and a very poor performance from engine. Maruti is actually going to get negative feedback for that. Also, in these businesses, a bad image once created is VERY hard to recover. For example: The Kizashi.

Last edited by sudeepg : 6th August 2015 at 13:46. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes and added more relevant content
Old 6th August 2015, 13:54   #771
BHPian

Yes , the 1.6 is way overpriced . 3 lakhs differential between petrol and diesel engine itself is unacceptable leave alone between two diesels. 3 lakh differential on a 10 lakh car is like 33% extra for an engine option alone. This makes the differential between BMW 520D and 530 D look like value for money because it's only a 10% differential.

Having said that ,the 1.3 model especially the base Sigma and Delta are value for money compared to the Ciaz. People comparing it with Ertiga must realize that Ertiga is simply not that safe even with airbags. I expect the S Cross to be better built.

The Sigma model at 8.34 has ABS,Airbags and power everything, parking sensors. The Delta at 9.1 adds wheel covers,boot,glovebox and cabin illumination, music system with Bluetooth and steering controls.

Comparing with Ciaz,the lowest model with ABS/airbags is the ZDI which costs 9.99 . Comparing S Cross Sigma with Ciaz ZDI , you only lose music system,alloys and rear seat AC but you get to save 1.6 lakhs .

The 1.3 Sigma is simply the model to get for people who are not bothered with fancy features. It has all the essential safety and convenience features. Adding an aftermarket touch screen with rear view camera for 30K would make it a great package at around 10 L onroad in Chennai. It makes better sense than an i20,Jazz or Ciaz simply because at 4.2 M its a bigger comfortable car that's well built as well.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:05   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Who said Innova is a great looker? But advantage Innova has is a very large taxi market. Plus Innova has weak competition. S-Cross is not a taxi market car. And its competitors are not weak. Creta is formidable. Much better looking and lower priced. Then MUL's own Ertiga. Equally bland looking but cheaper and with more seats. Then there are new i20 and Jazz which again look much better and cost much less.

But all said, I want both Creta and S-Cross to fail otherwise atrocious pricing will become norm. If these two succeed, you will be looking down a price increase on Duster/Terrano/Ecosport/Scorpio/Storme/XUV and what not. It will trigger a chain reaction and that is my fear.
I think I could not put my thoughts in proper way. I completely agree with you on price point and I wish these cars fail in the market. However, I think Scross should fail only because of atrocious pricing and not because of it's looks. It is a capable car and would have been decent buy if 1.6 was 1.5 lacs cheaper.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:14   #773
BHPian

Looking at the pricing, it is quite possible that Suzuki/Maruti are not looking at this as a volume product.

- May be they just want to have a presence in that segment via this product. This could be one of their objective
- May be they are trying to attract first time buyers with the DDiS 200 and may be this product would help to keep some of their existing customers within their own portfolio via the DDiS 200 product. Example - Somebody who is looking to upgrade from Alto and other A1 hatchbacks

Apart from these two reasons I am not able to think of any other reasons behind the pricing.

• For somebody who is already used to the 1.3 MJD via the Ritz or the Swift would the DDiS 200 be a real upgrade. I don't think so.
  • For somebody who is already used to the 1.3 MJD via the Ritz or the Swift would the DDiS 320 be a real upgrade. I do think it's a good upgrade but they might as well spend that money on the 1.6 CRDi Creta and get a much better product for the same pricing.

For people who are either first time buyers or looking at DDiS 200 as an upgrade, there are equivalent good products for the same or even lesser pricing in the market. Those are
  • 1.5 TDCi Ford EcoSport
  • 1.5 iDTEC Honda Jazz

Are there any real compelling reasons to prefer the DDiS 200 over the above products? I am struggling to think of any major compelling reasons.

If the S-cross had come 4 years earlier when we didn't have EcoSport, Duster, Creta etc. then may be it might have sold then.

Last edited by searacer932 : 6th August 2015 at 14:36.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:19   #774
BHPian

Cancelled booking for 1.6 top model earlier today. Not worth paying 15 big ones. Now diverted my search for a pre-worshipped Cruze or Laura TSI. I would have spare change for misc maintainence and Chip upgrades and....still have money for fuel :-D

Last edited by Manoj2268 : 6th August 2015 at 14:21.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:24   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The 1.3 Sigma is simply the model to get for people who are not bothered with fancy features. It has all the essential safety and convenience features. Adding an aftermarket touch screen with rear view camera for 30K would make it a great package at around 10 L onroad in Chennai. It makes better sense than an i20,Jazz or Ciaz simply because at 4.2 M its a bigger comfortable car that's well built as well.
The Ertiga will fare much better than a Sigma S cross because it has an airbag for the passenger unlike the Sigma. I didn't find the build to be that good,just better than other Maruti's. If safety is your main concern, the Ecosport T+ is the best bet.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:32   #776
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is team-bhp becoming a team-bashing forum when a new car arrives in the market? Come on. Why teach someone who is a volume master the lessons of how to do
Volume business.

If anything Maruti wants to learn is to do "premium" business that they are trying to learn. But wait. We won't allow them to learn because, we want what we always
wanted from Maruti and that is mass market cars. I agree pricing of 1.6L is not right for obvious reasons (>1.5L and a whole import) but that stops there. 1.3L pricing doesn't seem bad. OR am I seeing this wrongly?
If you read the thread before launch, we were all praise. There was no bashing going on.

Once prices were announced, the shocker was only the DDiS320. I think everyone here has pretty much accepted that the DDiS200 is priced at a slight premium but is worth it. The DDiS320 is the biggest bone of contention here.

Do check the previous posts and you will see that people with DDiS200 are not too disappointed.

Where Maruti missed a big trick is with the Zeta DDiS200. They have priced this at 9.99 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi. The ex-showroom pricing as a result will cross 10 lakhs in Karnataka. Once ex-showroom is above 10L, teh road tax is nearly 4% more and higher insurance. This means that the on road price for a car i.e. 9.99L ex-showroom vs one that is 10.01L is roughly 40-50K more.

This is the problem with the DDiS200 Zeta trim.

Quote:
If anything Maruti wants to learn is to do "premium" business that they are trying to learn. But wait. We won't allow them to learn because, we want what we always
wanted from Maruti and that is mass market cars.
How is the S-cross mass market? It starts at almost 10L on road for the lowest trim with 1.3L?

Secondly I don't think anyone was expecting mind blowing pricing for the DDiS320. People expected it to be priced even above duster.

As I mentioned earlier, an ex-showroom price of 12 lakhs for the alpha DDiS320 would have been quite acceptable. It would have been higher than all C2 segment sedans and slightly more than the Duster 110 2WD.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 14:33   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
The Ertiga will fare much better than a Sigma S cross because it has an airbag for the passenger unlike the Sigma. I didn't find the build to be that good,just better than other Maruti's. If safety is your main concern, the Ecosport T+ is the best bet.
The Sigma S Cross has a passenger airbag as well. The launch specifications have changed from the initial specifications that was going around. Kindly check the brochure.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:34   #778
BHPian

Hyundai wants to push Maruti out of the race in premium SUVs or crossovers.Hyundai had played a card to future by quoting some high prices for Creta . Maruti cannot price S cross lesser nor higher.If less,then the premium branding will not be there.Higher and the market will reject the product. Maruti played in to this move and lost the plot.Hyundai won hands down here.May be now S cross may compete with Jazz.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:48   #779
BHPian

MS should migrate Ciaz to Nexa showrooms. Atleast that way the Nexa guys will have some work to do.
p'arth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 14:48   #780
BHPian

I am not bashing the DDIS 200 pricing. I still think 10.75 ex show room is a good price for DDIS 200 alpha (May be 25-50 k more than I had anticipated). I think it is priced in the same way as the ciaz.

But for people looking to upgrade from Swift/Dzire, DDIS 200 would be a disappointment engine wise.(not features, ride or equipment wise) I dont feel that people with Swift / Dzire would readily upgrade to and S cross 200 (I might if I like the drive, still to TD it).

If the DDIS 320 alpha was priced at 14.5L OTR, I probably would have been the first person to get it in Cochin. Now as things stand, I dont mind waiting for a few days and have a good TD of both models and decide whether 320 is really worth the extra 3 L we pay.

Seeing all these, I feel the ploy by Maruti is generate interest with the 1.6, sell the 1.3 and get the market. Then they can slowly kill off the 1.6s and make the S cross 1.3 only. (Like how VW did to the 1.6 POLOs). This will be followed by the YBA hatch, which will be priced at 1L less. Then the Vitara Breeza 1.3 MJD). WoW.. It would be raining 1.3s..

Media should ask for a seperate event for the DDIS 200.(Atleast Team BHP should have a seperate review) For an ignorant customer its all praises for the engine in reviews and they fall for the DDIS 200. Those looking for the 1.6 would do the same (as I might do). So S cross might get more impetus than the Ciaz. The Ciaz was bashed for its underpowered nature and even the 'am junta' round here knows that.

May be they might even plonk the 1.3 engines in place of the 1.6s and sent the 1.6 MJDs back to Italy.

Last edited by sandygordon : 6th August 2015 at 15:05.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks