Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 16:39   #796
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Bangalore Ex Showroom price from my Nexa RM. Note the just below Rs10l price for the DDIS 200 Zeta to avoid the high road tax slab.

DDIS 200
Sigma 873,348
Delta 955,788
Zeta 999,000
Alpha 1,118,633

DDIS 320
Delta 1,244,782
Zeta 1,346,560
Alpha 1,422,893
jaibir is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 16:47   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I'm not advocating the high launch price of the S-Cross 1.6 litre but I'd like to remind all, that this car rivals the Skoda Yeti and the Nissan Qashqai in international markets, where it is priced substantially lower and proves to be a worthy alternative to these.
The international version has got a lot more. 7 Airbags, ESP and other safety features, stylish 17" alloys, panoramic sunroof, rear ac vents, CVT, Allgrip etc etc. That would be a competitor to Yeti. Now obviously they didn't want to compete in that segment so they removed features.

If, they had given 7 airbags, ESP and better alloys, maybe just for the 1.6, I think then they could have justified the pricing and people in general would not be offended by the price. Right now it's 3 lakhs for just a bigger engine. That is just plain absurd.

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 6th August 2015 at 16:49.
Whichcarnow is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 16:59   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
These crossovers now have introduced a completely new segment and could possibly push the already bloated D segments' price up, which is very bad thing for people like me who prefer sedans. Think about it, the price difference between a proper C sedan and a D sedan is anywhere from 60 to 80%, which is incredible. How on earth did we end up here?
Absolutely spot-on! The Knock-on effect on higher segments is surely a trend we are going to see. I remember the Skoda Octavia when it was first launched was 10L OTR in Goa, which was fantastic VFM. But, today its within kissing distance of 20L and in a few years could touch 25L!.

But the same can also happen to the lower segments. As on today Fully loaded sub-4m compact sedans are already touching the 9L OTR mark. Don't be surprised entry hatchbacks start costing 6-7L OTR in a few Years

Last edited by sapeco : 6th August 2015 at 17:06. Reason: added para
sapeco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 17:25   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If you read the thread before launch, we were all praise. There was no bashing going on.

Once prices were announced, the shocker was only the DDiS320......... The DDiS320 is the biggest bone of contention here.

As I mentioned earlier, an ex-showroom price of 12 lakhs for the alpha DDiS320 would have been quite acceptable. It would have been higher than all C2 segment sedans and slightly more than the Duster 110 2WD.
You are spot on, Vidyut. At 12L ex-showroom, almost all 1.6 DDiS bookings would havea come to fruition. I certainly would have gone for it. At ~ ₹13.74L ex-showroom, there is simply no value.

It's the price. Only!
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 17:29   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
DDIS 200
Zeta 999,000
Got the same information from my RM, however he is not sure on it as it is same as the Delhi ex-showroom price. He is still awaiting for the final confirmation from the dealership.

Last edited by philjo : 6th August 2015 at 17:33.
Old 6th August 2015, 17:39   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore Ex Showroom price from my Nexa RM. Note the just below Rs10l price for the DDIS 200 Zeta to avoid the high road tax slab.

DDIS 200
Sigma 873,348
Delta 955,788
Zeta 999,000
Alpha 1,118,633

DDIS 320
Delta 1,244,782
Zeta 1,346,560
Alpha 1,422,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by philjo View Post
Got the same information from my RM, however he is not sure on it as it is same as the Delhi ex-showroom price. He is still awaiting for the final confirmation from the dealership.
Well! I got a call from my RM a couple of hours ago and the following was conveyed ...

DDiS200 Alpha - 13.93 OTR

DDiS Zeta - 12.16 OTR

I asked thrice if its certain that the Zeta ex-f is 9.99 BLR and got an affirmative response. All of a sudden, my interest in the S-Cross seems to be rekindled

Last edited by pannags : 6th August 2015 at 17:40.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 17:46   #802
BHPian

Bangalore OTR for S-Cross

Bangalore On-Road prices for S-Cross as per my RM.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.png  

aeroamit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:00   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore OTR for S-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Bangalore On-Road prices for S-Cross as per my RM.
If the pricing was to be called right, then they shouldnt have priced the 320 at an overoptimistic and overconfident premium over the 200. We can clearly see that the top end 1.3 is way cheaper than the base 1.6. That is a horrible and a stupid move to do. Rather the base 1.6 should have been kept in between the Zeta and the Alpha and there on continued.

As said before, I still cant believe that they want to ask such a high price for the 1.6. Wonder what they were smoking while deciding the prices. Anyways they know that the 1.6 will not rake in numbers, then why price it so high that even the expected numbers wont be achieved? Such a waste of setting up all the exclusive dealerships and *trying* to look premium.

Heck, the XUV500 W8 comes at 17.72L and with some discounts running. So much VFM, and my experience with Mahindra after sales is very heartening.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:08   #804
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know whether the DDIS 200 has FGT or VGT?
Old 6th August 2015, 18:11   #805
BHPian

OK. Disappointed at pricing but may be because of the inability to earn and have more! Philosophical crap says the other part of my mind. Like I mentioned earlier the pricing could make me happy as a shareholder or a customer but seems like both in me are equally unsure?

We come across cartels in every field - look at mobile tariffs, data charges, petrol/diesel (nothing stops HPCL or IOC to price differently but do they?), cement companies, sugar industries - this is not competition but manipulation of the customer. Yes I dont have any proof whatsoever but looking at the pricing of recent launches car buying is becoming more like this. And more like buying property in some aspects! Albeit a depreciating one. People are earning insane amounts and are willing to splurge more on things so this will continue.

Only digital disruption will take this away eg Tesla model where dealers go out of picture. From my perspective there seem to be a huge margins for Nexa dealers in this price and low volumes could still take care of costs.

I was very impressed with the product and if my budget was 20L I could still consider S-Cross 1.6 so may be they are not targetting the customer who are upgrading but people who potentially could come down a notch. Strange but quite possible. So called enthusiasts like us who read so much discuss so much are not that important. I live in Gurgaon and people who have money dont necessarily care about all aspects we talk about. Sell land have money buy Crossover/SUV/unchi gadi = Sales for MSIL. Then there are others who dont care about lag if it gives good mileage! Again I feel that like Creta this is also being targetted towards garages which have BMW/Audis/Mercs as a secondary car and once that audience is won over they can launch in upper segments.

For most of us used cars will continue to make more sense. Pre-worshipped C-class anyone? 15L will get you a very decent car with the much coveted three pointed star! or a Fortuner for the SUV minded.

Last edited by adtalwar : 6th August 2015 at 18:14. Reason: Spell check
adtalwar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:23   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Does anyone know whether the DDIS 200 has FGT or VGT?
It's a VGT, in the same state of tune as Ertiga, SX4 and ciaz

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:26   #807
BHPian

This type of pricing makes Duster (over priced) look competitively priced.

In today's time to release a car this expensive and without AT is ridiculous. I could have understood this pricing if DDis320 had DSG.
Old 6th August 2015, 18:32   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

DDIS 200
Sigma 873,348
Delta 955,788
Zeta 999,000
Alpha 1,118,633

DDIS 320
Delta 1,244,782
Zeta 1,346,560
Alpha 1,422,893
What???

The 1.6 DDiS prices were already Dead-On-Arrival when Delhi ex-showroom prices were announced. How did ₹13.74L for top Alpha trim get to ₹14.23 ex-showroom for Bengaluru?
This puts the OTR price of 1.6 Alpha anywhere between ₹17.4L to ₹17.6L.. Holy goodness. This should have been branded as Super-Premium Crossover. I'll be looking in awe of those who will be going for 1.6 S-Cross and blaze down the highway.

The XUV 5OO W8 is 17.83L OTR. Just saying. More than 'similarly matched'.

Last edited by k_ajay : 6th August 2015 at 18:44.
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:40   #809
BHPian

Here are the Mumbai Ex-Showroom Prices -

DDIS 200
Sigma : 8.83
Delta : 9.67
Zeta : 9.99
Alpha : 11.35

DDIS 320
Delta : 12.60
Zeta : 13.71
Alpha : 14.49

I spoke with my RM yesterday and our boy was still confidently giving me the stories of the pricing to be between 8-12!! This guy has been talking to me all along and a day before the launch gave me a long argument about how Creta was hit by the cancellations after the prices were announced. His words being - We know that this is not an SUV and you can get proper SUV's if we price it in the Creta range. He promised to call me at 4:00 with Mumbai prices, 2.5 hours on and I am still waiting for the call. So much so for the 'Nexa' experience.

Now coming to the question if I should still buy it. I am giving it a hard thought and trying to find reasons to still go for it. I can certainly afford it still but I feel cheated by Maruti/Suzuki/Nexa ( they have too many faces now, not sure which one to curse). All along they have been confidently giving me the price range of 8-12 and now all of a sudden they decide to overshoot by 270 K. Is it justified? Certainly not!!

My RM clearly told me that 2 months back during their training, they were provided with the guidance number of 8-12 and I am not sure what has changed in 2 months.
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:43   #810
Senior - BHPian

I am little surprised and confused after reading the wave of reaction at the pricing of the S-Cross. But if I read it right S-Cross has been priced 50K lower variant to variant wrt Creta and rightly so. If that's true then what are we complaining about.
Anyways as we have learnt from pricing disasters of Fusion, Jazz and Getz and pricing jackpots like EcoSport, XUV 5OO, etc. it was a No brainer for Maruti but they chose to ignore it, but did they, as they took Hyundai Creta's pricing as reference and priced their car after discounting the premium variant to variant.
Anyways seeing the reactions, few things are certain/eye opener.
A) Maruti is not considered premium as of now.
B) There will be a huge queue for booking if Maruti announces a discount/introductory price right away.
C) Even though there is a huge fan base for DDiS 320, there is a limit to the premium that can be charged.

I am sure MSIL guys are thoroughly analysing each and every post on this thread.

Most Viewed