Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 20:54   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Just imagine if the Kizashi was still being sold at a discount of 3-4 lakhs. It would have costed the same as/ lower than the S cross DDIS 320 alpha would have been great to see the competition between the two. Suddenly even the Kizashi has started making sense looking at the prices of the DDIS 320 alpha.
Now I know what to do. Let the sales of the 1.6 bomb and they start offering discounts. That is when I will go for the kill!

By the way I had a dream that they would revise the prices after seeing people bashing up all over the place. In FB, here in TBHP, in every Nexa outlet and in every discussion where the name S-Cross comes up. I guess this is the biggest pricing disasters MSIL have landed into.

The management deserves a hard kick for spoiling a benchmark product that has been sold by Maruti till date. At least a mouthwatering introductory price and a series of small hikes would have slipped unnoticed.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 20:54   #827
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the bouquets from Hyundai, Renault, Nissan, Mahindra and Ford would have reached the Maruti HQ by now.
I second that and i'm sure they must be throwing weekend parties at their respective HQ's!

On a serious note, since there are no NEXA showrooms in Goa yet, where happens to prospective buyers who want to taste the "NEXA Experience".
Can you imagine a whole State with a Higher than Average Income population and no NEXA Showroom. How dumb is that?.

Last edited by sapeco : 6th August 2015 at 21:02. Reason: text added
Old 6th August 2015, 20:58   #828
BANNED

Hello guys,

Paid another visit to NEXA showroom to see the S-Cross again.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20150806_175437.jpg

The SCross hasn't launched in Hyderabad yet and will be launched tomorrow @ Novotel hotel.

Price list hasn't come specific to Hyderabad pricing but the DDiS 320 variants shall be priced from 14L to 16L OTR. Sorry as I didn't ask for the DDiS 200.

I was being pushed by the RM to get the DDiS 200 rather than the 320. I laughed at him telling, I already drive a lower-tune DDiS 200 and why would I spend money on the same engine when I have a Swift and Ertiga at home.

Some more details in the NEXA thread.

EDIT:

Deliveries shall commence by 3rd week of August or last week.

Wife and I went to see the car today and honestly speaking Silver colour makes the car gets its size out in reality. The Blue and Brown hide the size of the car and its beauty. I have heard many say that the car is ugly as compared to Creta. This particular car in SIlver looks gorgeous and makes the car look big in size along with the contrast thanks to the black cladding and also the HID projector.

I am now in splits for the colour whether it will be Brown or Silver. Blue has been deleted for now. I have asked the RM to show me all colours in day light in the yard to get a fair idea of the looks in reality. Shall update as and when I get to see it in flesh and shall be TD'ing the DDiS 320 once available.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th August 2015 at 21:12.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:03   #829
BHPian

The prices are really correct for the DDIS 200 zeta @ 999,000 which makes it cheaper than ciaz ZDI in bangalore. It's a real value for money considering the equipment level and quality. I don't know how they managed to keep just 45k difference between zeta and delta model. Anyways good for us.

Got a call from my RM and now I have to decide the color in zeta trim.

Suggestions guys as which color will be better. I may get the delivery next week.
Old 6th August 2015, 21:08   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello guys,

Paid another visit to NEXA showroom to see the S-Cross again.

Attachment 1400460
Looking at the cars parked outside showroom, seems only existing Maruti owners are interested in S Cross .
On a serious note DDiS 200 doesnot make any sense if you already have an Ertiga.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th August 2015 at 22:51. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile users, thanks
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:11   #831
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Looking at the cars parked outside showroom, seems only existing Maruti owners are interested in S Cross .
On a serious note DDiS 200 doesnot make any sense if you already have an Ertiga.
The showroom was FULL and customers looking at the car were happy with booking amounts collected then and there.

DDiS 200 is out of question long back. I hate that engine in the Ertiga. Absolutely not worth for the size of Ertiga. What justice it'll do in the S-Cross. For me it is the DDiS 320 ONLY.
Old 6th August 2015, 21:15   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapeco View Post
I second that and i'm sure they must be throwing weekend parties at their respective HQ's!

On a serious note, since there are no NEXA showrooms in Goa yet, where happens to prospective buyers who want to taste the "NEXA Experience".
Can you imagine a whole State with a Higher than Average Income population and no NEXA Showroom. How dumb is that?.
I believe Maruti should take some serious steps after this outrage to their pricing on almost every platform whether social media or forums such as team BHP.

Firstly, fire the team that decided the locations of the Nexa showrooms.

Second, fire the team that is responsible for the marketing of the S cross. How many advertisememts have we seen? In fact google search doesn't even throw up the nexa website when we type nexa. It comes only as a paid ad.

Third, fire the team that decided the tyres and alloys.

Fourth, fire the team that does the pricing.

Fifth, fire the guys that chose the above four.

Sixth, use the amount wasted on the above to reset the price of the S cross. Its still NOT late. They can pass it off saying the announcer was high or drunk

Quote:
The showroom was FULL and customers looking at the car were happy with booking amounts collected then and there.

DDiS 200 is out of question long back. I hate that engine in the Ertiga. Absolutely not worth for the size of Ertiga. What justice it'll do in the S-Cross. For me it is the DDiS 320 ONLY.
So Anurag, do we see the first DDIS 320 ownership review from you?

Last edited by rockporiom : 6th August 2015 at 21:17.
rockporiom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:23   #833
BANNED

Quote:
So Anurag, do we see the first DDIS 320 ownership review from you?
Not the full blown review but a mini TD review, Yes, As soon as I get hands on one.

Buying the car is still some time away. What I am worried of is that Maruti should not discontinue the DDiS 320 due to low sales because of the pricing.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:28   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Not the full blown review but a mini TD review, Yes, As soon as I get hands on one.

Buying the car is still some time away. What I am worried of is that Maruti should not discontinue the DDiS 320 due to low sales because of the pricing.
I believe they won't discontinue the S cross until they exhaust the stock of the imported engines. To finish 3000 Kizashi's it took them 3 years. Currently the number of imported engines stands at about 3000 units and looking at your current running the S cross would still be present when it is time for you to upgrade.

I think they would remove the DDIS 320 only when it is time for a facelift maybe 2-3 years down the line if it becomes a flop which it most certainly will.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:33   #835
BANNED

Quote:
Currently the number of imported engines stands at about 3000 units and looking at your current running the S cross would still be present when it is time for you to upgrade.
As the saying goes:

Tere mu mein ghee aur shakkar!

__________________________________________________ _______

BTW guys, was looking at the NEXA website that was updated with much information. I was shocked to see one thing in that website and given a chance I will fire the designer and the proof reader before they put it on Air.

Look at the screen shot below (Red Square to highlight):

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1vert.jpg

Isn't the S-Cross only being sold with Diesel variants? What on earth is the Spark Plug doing as an Offical NEXA Part (Similar to MGP)?
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:35   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I am not bashing the DDIS 200 pricing. I still think 10.75 ex show room is a good price for DDIS 200 alpha (May be 25-50 k more than I had anticipated). I think it is priced in the same way as the ciaz.
Even the 1.3 looks overpriced by a margin of 50-60K going by the discounted Ciaz pricing.

Would second the request for a detailed review of the 1.3 MJD performance from Team BHP support. I have no experience with this particular engine. Leosashi's report looked good but he could only push it to 90. Would be interested in triple digit performance especially the capability and NVH levels.

As a side note, when I had peeped through the 1.3 engine in the showroom, I could see the floor. The missing engine underside protection plate seemed like a gross oversight to me considering the car has some off-road capabilities. The official Team BHP review on the 1.6 Alpha says otherwise. If someone could verify this observation ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th August 2015 at 22:52. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile users, thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:37   #837
BHPian

Quote:

Look at the screen shot below (Red Square to highlight):

Attachment 1400490

Isn't the S-Cross only being sold with Diesel variants? What on earth is the Spark Plug doing as an Offical NEXA Part (Similar to MGP)?

I am currently on the floor laughing away. This was the last comedy required after the S cross launch.

@MSIL seriously guys what are you smoking?

I am imagining the service guys explaining the customers why they should install spark plugs in their diesel cars. This sure is a superb roller coaster ride.

So now we have another comedy show apart from Comedy circus and comedy nights with Kapil which is Maruti launches and announcements for 2015

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th August 2015 at 22:52. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile users, thanks
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:41   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Now how will maruti price its Fronx/YRA? I am guessing 7.5 - 9.5 lakhs ex-showroom for that premium tagline and Nexa slot.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:57   #839

Quote:

Also, the Brake Pads shown are the Brake Shoes for the Drum Brakes, and not the pads for the Disc Brakes. The car has no Drum Brakes as far as I know.

Or am I smoking something ?
nashok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 22:16   #840
BHPian

Went through the NEXA facebook page to see the reaction of people. Now i was in for a rude shock. Most of the comments are positive, its not that i am shocked that people are positive but i am shocked that NEXA has removed some of the negative comments that were present. I know this because i just visited their page yesterday and almost all the comments were negative some even swearing at them for the absurd pricing.

@MSIL @NEXA deleting negative comments won't help. Learn from negative feedback, because some of these were your potential customers that you have hurt.

This guy spoke my mind.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20150806221238.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20150806220553.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20150806220625.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20150806220648.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20150806220701.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20150806220726.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20150806221137.png  

rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com