Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 01:39   #856
Team-BHP Support

It looks like someone has realised the Karnataka road tax slabs at Nexa. The ex-showroom tag of 9.99L ex-showroom Delhi has been somehow carried over to Bangalore and this really makes a huge impact to the on road price of the Zeta DDiS200.

Thanks to the ex-showroom remaining same from Delhi, the on road price of the Zeta DDiS200 in Bangalore is 11.99L. This is really really good VFM.

The Zeta DDiS 200 gets even more features than the DDiS320 Zeta. You do lose leather and xenons as the biggest miss but even then it is fairly well equipped.

Credit where it's due. The Zeta DDiS200 is a very very good option for those looking for the DDiS200 in the first place. Thanks to the sub 10L exshowroom tag, the on road price is 2lakhs lesser than the Alpha.

If you are looking at the lower Titanium spec of the Ecosport at 12.6L vs the Zeta DDiS 200, the S-cross comes as a better option for sure.

If you need the extra features and 6 airbags are a must, Ecosport is the only option at 12-13L on road.

My guess, they will see solid volumes with this Zeta DDiS200 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I am little surprised and confused after reading the wave of reaction at the pricing of the S-Cross. But if I read it right S-Cross has been priced 50K lower variant to variant wrt Creta and rightly so. If that's true then what are we complaining about.
Just the reverse. The S-cross has been priced higher than the Creta variant for variant if you consider the 1.6L engine in both cases.

The on road price difference between the Creta top end and S-cross top end is 50,000 with the S-cross being the higher priced one by 50k.

That's what we are complaining about. Secondly the S-cross 1.6L is priced 3 lakhs more than the smaller 1.3L engine which is what is surprising.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th August 2015 at 01:42.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 02:01   #857
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Now how will maruti price its Fronx/YRA? I am guessing 7.5 - 9.5 lakhs ex-showroom for that premium tagline and Nexa slot.
Mate let them recover from one pricing disaster before they can plan another one.

Joke apart,
i believe the fronx should be priced well keeping in mind it would probably not have the ddis 320. So with high levels of localisation for the ddis 200 we should see some great prices. However, Suzuki's contract with FIAT for procuring diesel engines is slowly coming to an end so it would be interesting to see whether they plonk their own diesel engine or stick to the one that they are getting from fiat. Also, SUZUKI is also developing all new turbo charged petrol engines and if these engines make their way to the fronx their pricing would play a key factor in the fronx's survival.

Frankly, MSIL's future depends on the diesel engines that they are developing as that is their bread and butter right now.
Old 7th August 2015, 04:57   #858
BHPian

While I agree with most of the BHP-ians here that S-Cross DDiS 320 is terribly overpriced - at least by a lakh. That is what makes an overpriced Creta look VFM. Creta was and is not VFM, just that it appears to be in front of the S-Cross.

IMO, even DDiS 200 is slightly overpriced for what it offers. However, if we compare it to the Creta 1.4 CRDi, it is terrific VFM.

But make no mistake, S-Cross is a VERY good machine in both the engine avatars. I have seen a lot of Ertiga owners very happy with the way their car behaves even with 6 on-board on highways and ghats also. It is definitely not a power plant, but adequate for a normal driver. So, I am sure a lighter S-Cross will perform better or at worst as well as Ertiga. That should be good enough for a mango man.

Plot twist: Maruti and Hyundai top executives had a meeting some time mid July. Hyundai guy says "I want to sell the 1.6 CRDi version well at any cost, 1.4 CRDi go to any hell, I dont care.". Maruti guy gives a sigh of relief and says "Thank God, I in fact don't want to sell the DDiS 320 at all. I just want to sell my DDiS 200. Let the Indians rot with their puny national engine". They hatch a plan to make each other's money minting variants appear VFM inn front of the competition. Thus they decide to price the vehicles to what we see today. Hope I do not need to specially say that this is a fragment of my imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
@ Vigkey : Sorry Mate I have to part my ways too. The Punto Abarth in MATTE finish looks good though if you are willing to wait.
No Punto for me. Back seat is cramped. Most of my long drives will have my parents in the rear seat and I want them to be absolutely comfortable. That is the reason I have ONLY been checking out cars with a good rear bench + leg room + knee room. I never considered Ertiga though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
9.99L for the Zeta 1.3 seems to be the one that they got right mainly for Bangalore customers to keep below 10L.
Till I saw the screenshots a little while ago, I never believed the Zeta variant will be priced 9.99 L ex-Bangalore. But wouldn't that be considered illegal? How can a vehicle coming out of the same factory have the same ex-showroom price in different states with different tax rates? Effectively, that would mean either the ex-factory prices are given inaccurately or Maruti is absorbing some amount of the ex-showroom price. I think Honda got fined for a similar price cut for the last iteration of Jazz. Anyone looking to get Zeta should get it ASAP before the legalities comes in and forces a price revision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Now. What to do?
Should I buy a DDIS 200 @ 13L OTR?
or Go for the Creta 1.4 sx+ (14.6L OTR)
or Look at the Duster RXZ with 50 k discount (14L OTR)
When it comes to Creta 1.4 CRDi vs S-Cross DDiS 200 - it definitely has to be S-Cross. It offers MUCH more for a lesser price. Only the engine is less torquey. In all other aspects S-Cross wins hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnersPride View Post
On a serious note, I would like to believe MSIL had set targets on garnering volumes for DDiS200 only right from the beginning.
Wasn't that VERY VERY clear? Anyone who experienced the Nexa can vouch for that. Anyone who talks about the bigger engine to the RM, gets a blunt answer that it will be expensive and will cross 15 lakhs. DDiS 320 was always meant to be a halo product which can be used to project the power and torque figures in the ads. Thats all. Seeing the pricing it is very clear that they do not intend to sell that variant much. At the maximum, it will get 10% of the total sales of S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
I do not think we are the only ones in shock
The relationship manager in the Nexa showrooms also must be now wondering how to convince customers.
My RM had promised to call me post noon on launch day to discuss on the test drive times and to confirm my booking based on the launch prices. He also added that I will have to wait till Thursday morning to get the exact Bangalore prices. Now, it is almost 2 days since launch and I have not got any sort of communication from him. I am sure every RMs are in utter shock and are literally afraid to face their customers. They were the ones who promised a <10 L for DDiS 200 Alpha and coaxed them to go for the booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not exactly. The only thing the S-cross has extra over the Creta is xenon lights, auto lights and wipers and 4 wheel disc brakes.

In comparison the Creta for 14K lesser has 6 airbags, ESP, hill hold and rear AC vents.

I would rate the above features in Creta higher than the xenons and auto wipers/lights.
Not really Vidyut, S-Cross also gets immensely useful Cruise Control, telescopic steering (I was not convinced with this feature, you were the one who convinced me ), auto-dimming IRVMs, sliding arm rest and a more detailed MID. S-Cross also gets soft-touch dash adding to premium feel and the engine (DDiS 320) is also special. I like all black interiors compared to beige black. One reason I prefer Jazz over i20 and S-Cross over Creta - but that is a personal opinion.

Now, to be very fair, S-Cross and Creta are equally matched in features and premiumness. In fact Creta is safer with 6 airbags and ESP, S-Cross has more utility features and bling features. Where S-Cross lost the plot is by pricing it over Creta. If S-Cross was 50k less than Creta, I would have considered the S-Cross DDiS 320 as the most VFM Crossover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Bangalore Ex Showroom price from my Nexa RM. Note the just below Rs10l price for the DDIS 200 Zeta to avoid the high road tax slab.

DDIS 200
Sigma 873,348
Delta 955,788
Zeta 999,000
Alpha 1,118,633
This is really amazing. Zeta is priced <45k over Delta for ALL the features it offers and Alpha <110k over Zeta for very few extra features it offers. But as I posted LONG back, Zeta variant of DDiS 200 has indeed turned out to be the most VFM S-Cross, at least in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't the S-Cross only being sold with Diesel variants? What on earth is the Spark Plug doing as an Offical NEXA Part (Similar to MGP)?
Biggest blunder in the very user-unfriendly website of Nexa. I think this is a question we should ask our RM to test his actual knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It looks like someone has realised the Karnataka road tax slabs at Nexa. The ex-showroom tag of 9.99L ex-showroom Delhi has been somehow carried over to Bangalore and this really makes a huge impact to the on road price of the Zeta DDiS200.

Thanks to the ex-showroom remaining same from Delhi, the on road price of the Zeta DDiS200 in Bangalore is 11.99L. This is really really good VFM.

The Zeta DDiS 200 gets even more features than the DDiS320 Zeta. You do lose leather and xenons as the biggest miss but even then it is fairly well equipped.

Credit where it's due. The Zeta DDiS200 is a very very good option for those looking for the DDiS200 in the first place. Thanks to the sub 10L exshowroom tag, the on road price is 2lakhs lesser than the Alpha.

If you are looking at the lower Titanium spec of the Ecosport at 12.6L vs the Zeta DDiS 200, the S-cross comes as a better option for sure.
Oh Yes, this comes as a slight relief as I was considering of cancelling by booking even without a test-drive. Now, I will at least take a TD. Just this evening, I was telling my wife that the S-Cross is well out of our reach and even the Zeta will not be VFM for us. But then, that was based on the assumption that ex-Bangalore price will be >10L.

However, I feel a lot of premiumness will be robbed off the S-Cross in the Zeta variant. The plain headlamps, fabric seats, no padding in central armrest and the door armrest are still downers. Any clue on how much the HID projector setup might cost, if I choose to get it from Maruti? That is something I loved in the Alpha variant.

P.S. Sorry for the Looooong post. I had a busy day at office and found over 10 pages in this thread. Went through each and every post and finally decided to post my thoughts as well.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 07:00   #859
BHPian

This is a question to those who have driven the S Cross DDIS 200.

Does is have the same power as the 75ps FGT swift / Dzire ?
I am perfectly okay with my Dzire's power and turbo lag. But if it feels more sluggish, then I would give the DDIS 200 a miss and stick on with the Creta. But somehow, I cannot come into terms with the Hyundai steering. May be more time behind the wheel would help.

90% of the time, the car will be driven alone and the current swift/Dzire power would be all that is required for me. I am asking this question because I dont know as to when my RM will arrange a TD of the DDIS 200.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 07:11   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am perfectly okay with my Dzire's power and turbo lag. But if it feels more sluggish, then I would give the DDIS 200 a miss and stick on with the Creta. But somehow, I cannot come into terms with the Hyundai steering. May be more time behind the wheel would help.

I haven't driven but I am very sure that it is a VGT. And you will find it better than the FGT anyday. 15 extra horses do make know their presence.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 07:12   #861
BHPian

Quote:

90% of the time, the car will be driven alone and the current swift/Dzire power would be all that is required for me. I am asking this question because I dont know as to when my RM will arrange a TD of the DDIS 200.
I haven't driven the Scross DDiS 200, but know that it has the same engine as Ciaz and Ertiga, VGT engine with 90PS. I do own an Ertiga ZDi and can definitely say that the DDiS200 is sufficient for the Ertiga for normal driving even with 6 people in it. It may not be an enthusiastic engine, but is no slouch either.

PS: Assumption is that the DDiS 200 is in the same state of tune as in an Ertiga
Old 7th August 2015, 07:19   #862
BANNED

Quote:

It is the 90bhp vgt version having 200nm torque in scross 200, compared to the 75bhp fgt having 160nm torque in dzire. Good enough for your purpose, I'll say.

Another thing. Buy the car which you love by your heart. It is like marrying a girl whom you love.

One question. Is the ddis 200 zeta priced at 9.99L all over the country?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th August 2015 at 07:26.
Old 7th August 2015, 07:22   #863
Senior - BHPian

Isn't Maruti Suzuki playing some some sort of dirty tricks with the pricing?

First of all, the prices are not readily available in their website.
Secondly, if the ex-showroom about the Bangalore Zeta is indeed 10L, which is same as Delhi, how can they have different variants priced differently in different states? Imagine this - difference between Delta and Zeta is 80K in Delhi and only 45K in Bangalore.Difference between Zeta and Alpha is 80K in Delhi and well over 1.1L in Bangalore. How's this possible? Is it even legal? What about some transparency, Maruti?

PS - All the above are for DDIS200. DDIS320 is pretty much history anyways.

Last edited by adimicra : 7th August 2015 at 07:24.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 07:24   #864
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't driven but I am very sure that it is a VGT. And you will find it better than the FGT anyday. 15 extra horses do make know their presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I haven't driven the Scross DDiS 200, but know that it has the same engine as Ciaz and Ertiga, VGT engine with 90PS. I do own an Ertiga ZDi and can definitely say that the DDiS200 is sufficient for the Ertiga for normal driving even with 6 people in it. It may not be an enthusiastic engine, but is no slouch either.

PS: Assumption is that the DDiS 200 is in the same state of tune as in an Ertiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It is the 90bhp vgt version having 200nm torque in scross 200, compared to the 75bhp fgt having 160nm torque in dzire. Good enough for your purpose, I'll say.

One question. Is the ddis 200 zeta priced at 9.99L all over the country?
Thanks for the inputs. Then I think I ll have a long TD of the DDIS 200 before commiting on the Creta SX 1.6. They say it takes 13.3 s for the S cross 1.3 to reach 100 compared to 12.9 on the Ciaz and ?13 s on the Creta. So power and pick up wise in normal situations (upto 100kmph) I feel the S cross will only be slightly underpowered compared to the Creta. (more work on the gear will be required though, which I am used to).
Old 7th August 2015, 08:06   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. Then I think I ll have a long TD of the DDIS 200 before commiting on the Creta SX 1.6. They say it takes 13.3 s for the S cross 1.3 to reach 100 compared to 12.9 on the Ciaz and ?13 s on the Creta. So power and pick up wise in normal situations (upto 100kmph) I feel the S cross will only be slightly underpowered compared to the Creta. (more work on the gear will be required though, which I am used to).
Please do an adequate test drive and post your experience. I so want to book an s cross 200 but a test drive is 220km away. No one has posted a test drive experience of the 200 . Also figure in your bumper to bumper traffic driving experience and lag etc.

My decision hangs on a BHPIAN'S review!

Last edited by Eddy : 7th August 2015 at 08:29. Reason: Please use team-bhp smileys only. Thanks.
Old 7th August 2015, 08:07   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

You got the Ciaz's timing wrong. It is 11.3s to a 100kmph. 12.9s should be the city IDtec's 0-100 timing if I am not wrong. But I am sure about Ciaz 's timing.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th August 2015 at 08:15.
Old 7th August 2015, 08:21   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now how will maruti price its Fronx/YRA? I am guessing 7.5 - 9.5 lakhs ex-showroom for that premium tagline and Nexa slot.
That is the reason YRA for India is speculated not to get the K10C- 1.0L boosterjet engine as it will be imported and the DDiS320 story will continue.
Maruti clearly knows where to take risks and can afford in the S Cross as they believe it is a new segment - Crossover, and not expecting much in terms of sale from the DDiS320.

Here is the revised OTR Bangalore, from Nexa . Basic accessories package added 8800 INR. Any idea what is this - is this an optional accessory?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150806wa0002.jpg

Maruti Suzuki is looking to sell 4000-5000 (S Cross)units /month - have no plans of introducing the petrol or AT variant .

Quote:
We have set an internal target of selling 4,000 to 5,000 units of S-Cross a month, and capacity can be ramped up or down depending on demand
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...month/48384758

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th August 2015 at 08:37.
Old 7th August 2015, 08:30   #868
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:

More than the 0-100kms times ,what we really need to check is the in gear acceleration times. The 20-80 kms in 3rd gear and the 40- 100 kms in 4th gear. These are the times that actually affect us on the road, especially on the highway drives and overtaking. In my opinion these are the figures to look for. The 0-100 kms we seldom do.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 7th August 2015 at 08:34.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 08:39   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
More than the 0-100kms times ,what we really need to check is the in gear acceleration times. The 20-80 kms in 3rd gear and the 40- 100 kms in 4th gear. These are the times that actually affect us on the road, especially on the highway drives and overtaking. In my opinion these are the figures to look for. The 0-100 kms we seldom do.
Very true! The difference between Vento and Rapid in performance though both share the same engine. Rapid is quicker to a 100 but Vento has better in gear acceleration figures, making the Vento a better car to drive.
Old 7th August 2015, 09:23   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Where do we get such timings compared? Team bhp reviews should have such a column. Will make it a already comprehensive review to a whole new level.
sathya_g_m is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks