Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 21:37   #1066
kat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Friends, anyone has the S-Cross price list from Tamil Nadu? I am not sure if the Coimbatore and Chennai Nexa showrooms are fully operational now. Any fellow BHP-ian got a chance to visit them? Please let me know if you have any information on this. Thanks!!
The one in Coimbatore is fully operational now at MTP Road. I was surprised to see quite a good crowd checking out the S-Cross even at 8 PM yesterday.
Old 10th August 2015, 21:43   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Buyers will have a hard time explaining why this car is so much more expensive specially DDIS320
Why should one convince others of your decision in buying a car? If you like the car I guess you should buy it.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 21:56   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Why should one convince others of your decision in buying a car? If you like the car I guess you should buy it.
I agree mate. I have a Fiat and I dont bother explaining anything to anyone. My money my wish.

However, I was just pointing at the fact that for majority in our country how a car looks and what it says about you is a major pull. Till today I was not too bothered about the way S Cross looks since I had only seen it in flesh in isolation. Today in the traffic, I felt it had nothing going for it in the looks department. Didn't even look bigger than the i20.

Moreover, I didn't say one has to convince others, but in our country people are more bothered about what others do. Hence questions will be asked. Opinions given. A la "Arrey itne mein toh badi gaadi aa jaati" types.

Anyways, looks are always subjective. So I ll leave it at that.

No offense to those who have booked one.

Last edited by vibbs : 10th August 2015 at 22:00.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 22:03   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Is there any plans to review the DDIS200 from team BHP?
Since the DDIS2320 is going to be pretty much an extinct species, the DDIS200 is what is important for all practical reasons.

I am a hatchback lover and I appreciate the fact that Maruti has given us a quality product.
I just think they should have spent more time on the exterior design to ensure that the car is a looker.

It is very interesting times indeed...here is a hatchback with good quality and excellent features which is priced higher than it's own Sedan sibling. Will people give it a thumbs up? I think the market has matured but still, the dull exterior design of the S-cross is the biggest barrier for it's success. When people spend more than a million bucks, they expect the car to look like a million bucks.

Also, can someone post some pics of the S-cross lower versions. I wonder how it looks without those projector lights.

Last edited by adimicra : 10th August 2015 at 22:08.
Old 10th August 2015, 22:07   #1070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Since Maruti doesn't show the price of the S-cross in the website for some unknown reason, I filled in the small form in their website a week back and I was supposed to get a response from a nexa representative soon. But, so far, no response at all!

Either Maruti doesn't care or they have too many bookings to handle...not sure what's the real reason. But, in any way, seriously a letdown for what is supposed to be a premium car buying experience.
What website did you visit? The website is Nexa not Maruti site.

Just click on the price tab in the S-cross page below:

http://nexaexperience.com/s-cross.html
Old 10th August 2015, 22:29   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Got to say this, the SCross looked as dated as the older i20 and did not look even half a size bigger. Buyers will have a hard time explaining why this car is so much more expensive specially DDIS320
Frankly Vibbs, I would prefer it to be that way - Not the "Dated" part. But I prefer less flashy and less flamboyant looks - that goes with my personality better. S-Cross looks bland and sedate and is not an attention grabber, but not necessarily dated IMO. Again, as you said, looks are something totally personal and subjective. So, lets not get into that in detail.

Quote:
Is there any plans to review the DDIS200 from team BHP?

I am a hatchback lover and I appreciate the fact that Maruti has given us a quality product.
I also wish to see a detailed drive review of the DDiS 200 variant. Even though Mods Vidyut and Ampere have given their valuable feedback after a TD, it would be wonderful to have a full blown review just like that of the DDiS 320 variant.

Adimicra, I guess, we are among the minorities in the car buying public. I am a hatchback lover too, but it is a rare breed, I guess. Most of my friends and family either love sedans or SUVs. Hatchbacks are the least preferred ones - once the budget crossed 6 lakhs.

Quote:
It is very interesting times indeed...here is a hatchback with good quality and excellent features which is priced higher than it's own Sedan sibling.
Not really adimicra, in Bangalore, S-Cross DDiS 200 Zeta is priced lesser than Ciaz ZDi, ZDi(O) and ZDi+ and IMO, this is what makes this variant the most VFM variant. It has almost all the features one can ask for at that price point and is priced lesser than the sedan sibling and attracts much lesser tax. Kudos to Maruti for giving us a variant priced uniformly across India to make it the most affordable variant

Quote:
Also, can someone post some pics of the S-cross lower versions. I wonder how it looks without those projector lights.
Please check the pics I have posted in Post# 468. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Last edited by Vigkey : 10th August 2015 at 22:44.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 22:38   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What website did you visit? The website is Nexa not Maruti site.

Just click on the price tab in the S-cross page below:

http://nexaexperience.com/s-cross.html
Hey Vid, I edited my post but you were too fast.
When I checked the nexa website a couple of days back, the prices were not there but I can see them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Not really adimicra, in Bangalore, S-Cross DDiS 200 Zeta is priced lesser than Ciaz ZDi, ZDi(O) and ZDi+ and IMO, this is what makes this variant the most VFM variant. It has almost all the features one can ask for at that price point and is priced lesser than the sedan sibling and attracts much lesser tax. Kudos to Maruti for giving us a variant priced uniformly across India to make it the most affordable variant
Agree..thoughtful from Maruti. But they should have done that for all variants.
Only one variant having the same price across the country whereas all other variants are differently priced..doesn't make sense.
While you are happy being from Bangalore, a guy from Delhi might not be

And again, the prices of Ciaz ZDI will be lower than S-cross Zeta in most places of North and Central India including Delhi/Noida/Gurgaon etc.
Bangalore,Hyderabad and Mumbai are the few exceptions.Imagine this - in Mumbai, the difference in price of Zeta and Delta in only 32K. I guess Maruti will not ship any DDSI200 Delta to Mumbai
Also, buying a S-cross means mandatory change of alloys, so need to consider that additional cost as well.

Last edited by adimicra : 10th August 2015 at 22:59.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 22:47   #1073
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg

Image taken from Suzuki Australia S-cross page(http://www.suzuki.com.au/s-cross/). Looks pretty good in this color.
Honestly it isn't as bad looking as it is made out to be. Just add some good alloys, blacken the headlamps a bit and maybe a spoiler and you've got a nice looking car. Yes the Creta is another level in terms of looks. But the S-Cross is not bad at all.

Mods: Don't know how to make this image smaller :P Please help.

Last edited by ampere : 10th August 2015 at 23:26. Reason: Fixed image
Whichcarnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 23:14   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Looks pretty good in this color.
Honestly it isn't as bad looking as it is made out to be. Just add some good alloys, blacken the headlamps a bit and maybe a spoiler and you've got a nice looking car. Yes the Creta is another level in terms of looks. But the S-Cross is not bad at all.
Well said ... just better alloys alone would've given the S-Cross a much higher score on the looks front. I wonder why they carried forward the "wheel cap" inspired design.

BTW, the Silver trim offered in India looks cool indeed.
Old 10th August 2015, 23:17   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Sounds interesting Zulfi, but we cannot ignore the aspect of operational costs, can we?! The service costs for a premium Nexa will still be way lower than the Bavarian roadster.
Yes, for sure, but the entire BMW experience is a great trade off for spending around 50K more each year on maintenance, even the resale will be better since its already deprecated.
Old 11th August 2015, 01:26   #1076
Senior - BHPian

I am sure by Diwali or when the 2016 starts, we will be having a thread titled 'S-Cross 1.6 available at 12 Lacs on road'. Catch-its a July 2015 manufactured car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I was never seriously looking for a change so will prefer to wait & watch how/if the scene changes in a year or two.
Old 11th August 2015, 01:30   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I am sure by Diwali or when the 2016 starts, we will be having a thread titled 'S-Cross 1.6 available at 12 Lacs on road'. Catch-its a July 2015 manufactured car.
Believe me, that is something really worth waiting for. I am waiting with bated breath!
Old 11th August 2015, 06:56   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Attachment 1402143

Image taken from Suzuki Australia S-cross page(http://www.suzuki.com.au/s-cross/). Looks pretty good in this color.

Mods: Don't know how to make this image smaller :P Please help.
India s-cross doesn't look as majestic as its aussie version. Are alloys the only difference?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th August 2015 at 08:38. Reason: Please proof read your posts before submitting. Several typos.
Old 11th August 2015, 07:48   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
India s-cross doesn't look as majestic as its aussie version. Are alloys the only difference?
The Aussie S Cross' front end resembles that of the Kizashi and this makes it look a lot better. The chrome in the Indian version gives it a bland look. (Looks are subjective. I am not a fan of excessive chrome garnishing.)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th August 2015 at 09:59. Reason: Quoted post edited.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 07:54   #1080
Team-BHP Support

The other one is the difference in Chrome grill versus a black grill. I think the black grill makes it look nice. But that again is subjective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks