Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 08:47   #1081
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Has anybody tried keeping a golf bag in the boot of this car?
Old 11th August 2015, 08:54   #1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
India s-cross doesn't look as majestic as its aussie version. Are alloys the only difference?
Notice the front grill. They (needlessly) added chrome in the Indian version. The black grill in the Aussie version makes it look macho.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:13   #1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Today in the traffic, I felt it had nothing going for it in the looks department. Didn't even look bigger than the i20.
As has been mentioned in the official review, the S-Cross is no stunner. However, the amount of goodies they have packed into the car definitely has value. According to me, this is a sensible car which would be easy to drive and maintain and has enough creature comforts to make your daily office drive bearable.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:31   #1084
BHPian

I am not sure why Suzuki went for such tame designing on the crossover. Even though I prefer sedate looks, some changes to the front grille can bring a lot of aggression and character to the car. I had posted these edits in the older S-Cross thread, posting it again since the discussion has come up.

One very easy change to increase the aggressive looks will be to make the body color bumper element between the grille and air dam to be black.That will make the grille and air dam look combined into a large trapezoidal grille - something like what the Audi Q3 has.

Now the grille can be changed to vertical slats or cross slats or horizontal slats as per preference. Chrome elements can also be added as per individual choice. IMO, chrome elements across the border of the huge trapezoidal grille will look good.

Below are the crude edits I did using Snagit. Experts in Photoshop can definitely do a better job. Pardon the attempt if you find it to be bad.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_edit_1.png

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_edit_2.png
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 09:41   #1085
Distinguished - BHPian

After reading all the explosive reviews of the DDIS320, my thought is that if anyone is wanting to buy it, but is put off by the price, it may be worth it to re-consider.

Yes, it is expensive, but considering the slow but sure shift in prices that we are seeing, in a couple of years, the current price of 13-14L Ex Showroom for the DDIS320 may end up being considered a 'good deal'.

Earlier, the C Segment limits were 10-11 L On Road, now it has moved up 14-15L. Similarly, there have been several posts in the Creta thread by Yeti owners about how they bought it for 18-19L (and now cost 25-27L-Bangalore)

So, if the heart pines for it-Do not hesitate.
Old 11th August 2015, 10:51   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The Aussie S Cross' front end resembles that of the Kizashi and this makes it look a lot better. The chrome in the Indian version gives it a bland look. (Looks are subjective. I am not a fan of excessive chrome garnishing.)
I did look at the dimensions of Aussie S Cross as it looked bigger. Surprisingly it is same size as Desi version (http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/mo...ss-gl/overview).
They should have retained similar alloys and front. Why tame it when designing for India, not sure they saved some cost as these are cosmetic which just add to the looks of the Car. Also the Color choice for us is limited. My wife is furious that they didnt introduce the Green shade which they sell all over the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
1.6 Creta SX (+30k ICE + HID conversion k + OEM Verna reverse cam - at 13.9L OTR).
I must make a protest on the road asking for uniform taxation. Same variant costs 14.4 OTR in Chennai

I am almost sold on 1.3 Zeta which sits in my dream budget with all the gadgets (though I hate junks like touch screen, my family loves them). RM reached me and will be doing a Test Drive tomorrow. If it is as good as Ciaz/Duster 85, I am booking it right away.

Last edited by sathya_g_m : 11th August 2015 at 11:14. Reason: More Quotes
Old 11th August 2015, 11:37   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
After reading all the explosive reviews of the DDIS320, my thought is that if anyone is wanting to buy it, but is put off by the price, it may be worth it to re-consider.

Yes, it is expensive, but considering the slow but sure shift in prices that we are seeing, in a couple of years, the current price of 13-14L Ex Showroom for the DDIS320 may end up being considered a 'good deal'.
Food for thought.... In my mind, this will however open the Terrano 85 vs Terrano 110 vs Scross 1.6 vs Creta SX+/O issue wide open again. For the moment I am still fence sitting. Will probably wait for the TUV 3OO to see what it surprise it springs up.
Old 11th August 2015, 11:38   #1088
BHPian

Had a pleasure of driving S-Cross over last weekend. Took a longish test drive.
My take - if you want to have sedan which looks like SUV - go for S-cross. It has all the bells and whistles. Good highway performance.
All being said - my personal opinion is that it does not hold a candle next to Duster AWD in proper SUV department.
Old 11th August 2015, 11:43   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I have finalised the Zeta 200 in Silver, with a final confirmation after the longish TD on Wednesday.
Just back from a very long drive on the DDiS200 (for fellow Bengalureans, the new airport road).

Here are my observations, in addition to my brief TD report,

Highway Escapade: I had a chance to drive at sedate speeds of 80 kmph and 100-120 on short stretches. The S-Cross feels planted and at complete ease doing triple digits (like vid6639 & ampere confirmed yesterday). I was able to slow down to the 70s and zip back very easily, without the need to downshift. I’m not sure if it’s surprising, but at 110-120 kmph, the needle barely crossed the 2500-2700 rpm range in the fifth gear! Maybe, just maybe the aerodynamics contribute to overcoming the not-so-impressive power/weight ratio.

Ride and handling are a big big plus for this X-over – the suspension is just about right to handle pot holes and breakers, without being overly stiff. At no point did I feel that the car was high at high speeds (like it does in the EcoSport), nor was it low strung as the typical C2 class sedans – I’d say the GC and seating position are optimal for someone around 5’ 10”. I thoroughly enjoyed the near commanding view of the road from the driver’s seat.

The cruise control system is easier to operate than the one on the Rapid as the controls are totally fuss free and easy to access. A slight tap on the brakes reset the “autopilot”. Not too sure how many times one can use this, leave the occasional airport trip.

I wish they’d offered better shoes than the stock JKs. I’ve gotten over the “wheel caps”!

City Manners: On my return, I was greeted by unusually high rush hour traffic (was already 9.45 am), and this is where I could experience tall gearing – I was able to continue driving (if you prefer to call 5-10 kmph speeds that way) in the first or second gear and accelerate all the way upto 40-45 kmph, without crossing the 3000 rpm mark. The first gear also has a considerably tall range, but I did not have to downshift, unless I stopped. It’s worth repeating that the clutch is super smooth.

Essentially, the S-Cross seems to tick almost all the boxes for me – crawling city traffic, composed highway driving and the occasional boost. With this, I have knocked the EcoSport off my list (will always have a place in my heart, though) and have the Rapid DSG for the finalist.

I will probably drive the DSG on the same stretch (was promised by the SA already) and take a final decision.

My only tip to all fence sitters, especially those considering the DDiS 200 for a lateral rightgrade/upgrade - do not write off the X-over without a test drive.

PS: I was not at all amused that barely a few heads turned as we drove around today, but that isn’t reason for me to choose a car anyway

Last edited by pannags : 11th August 2015 at 11:55. Reason: Minor formatting
pannags is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 11:55   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Just back from a very long drive on the DDiS200 (for fellow Bengalureans, the new airport road).

PS: I was not at all amused that barely a few heads turned as we drove around today, but that isn’t reason for me to choose a car anyway
True! Buyers have become mature that "turn-head" factor is no more a deal breaker. Else, we would be seeing roads dominated by Thars, lineas and puntos
Old 11th August 2015, 12:53   #1091
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki has given the Zeta trim level of the DDiS 200 version of the car a standard ex-showroom price of Rs. 9.99 lakh in cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, among others.

This will help buyers save a huge amount on the on-road price of the car in states where taxes and duties on cars with an ex-showroom price of above Rs. 10 lakh are much higher than those priced below Rs. 10 lakh.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 13:20   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maruti Suzuki has given the Zeta trim level of the DDiS 200 version of the car a standard ex-showroom price of Rs. 9.99 lakh in cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, among others.

This will help buyers save a huge amount on the on-road price of the car in states where taxes and duties on cars with an ex-showroom price of above Rs. 10 lakh are much higher than those priced below Rs. 10 lakh.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
This is indeed very smart by Maruti Suzuki. But I feel they will try to be over smart and trim off some equipment from the Zeta variant.

Maruti, don't do this. I may be in the market next year, car hunting. And DDiS200 Zeta will be in my top picks.
Old 11th August 2015, 13:40   #1093
BHPian

Does any one know what is the AC compressor capacity in S-Cross? How does that compare against Ciaz (Heard Ciaz has a high cpacity compressor, best in class)?
Old 11th August 2015, 13:51   #1094
BHPian

Got the proforma invoice for my booking on S-Cross and this is what I have. Please take a look at the Road Tax and insurance values

I believe road tax is higher than what it should be @ 18.87% of Ex-Showroom value. I believe it should be 17% as per what I am reading on the RTO site for taxation of vehicles. Can anyone confirm?

The insurance amount is an error. No doubt. But I am really wondering - Is this how a premium experience from Maruti Nexa Showrooms???

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-proforma1.jpg
Old 11th August 2015, 14:01   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I believe road tax is higher than what it should be @ 18.87% of Ex-Showroom value. I believe it should be 17% as per what I am reading on the RTO site for taxation of vehicles. Can anyone confirm?
I'm afraid the taxes are 18.87% for all vehicles over 10 lakhs, ex-factory.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks