Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 15:07   #1396
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Same with Maruti(Suzuki). Suzuki mayn't be that a brand outside India, but they adapted brilliantly to Indian market. Their products are not fancy nor overpriced(as per me). They sell because they are absolute VFM, be it FE, reliability, peace of mind or resale value. Maruti cars cater to the masses where 90% are middle class public.
Very true
I bought Dzire VDi in 2009 for 6.6 L, got 3.9L as resale 6 yrs later

Heard from a local tyre dealer that creta has stability issues and owners of the lower variants are queing for a tyre and an alloy upgrade. He has started stocking a lot of 17 inch rims for the purpose.
Old 26th August 2015, 15:11   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Loved the MOMOs there. But the buy back he offered was 2.5k for the alloys and 2.5 k for the JKs. The tyres on display were some 'Han-ken' which according to him is a chineese superbrand designed in the US for racing. He quoted 5-6k for 16 inch 225 and 7-8k for 17 inch 225. LOL. 17 inch momos were quoted for 42k and 16 inchers for 34-36k.
2.5k for the stock alloys and SUV class JKs (however hard they may be) is serious lowballing!

I enquired with Saravana from Hercules tyres (Momo distributor) and he quoted figures of 3.5-3.7k per tyre and 3k per alloy, both in exchange for new ones. However, no discounts on the Momos. He mentioned that Maruti OEM alloys usually looked like wheel caps

OTOH, you can directly ship from Sai Mag Wheels, but you lose out on the opportunity to exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
sandygordon, get something like the 17" alloys available in the international S-Cross ie. machined/diamond cut + black alloys. They suit the car the best IMO. They are available from various brands in 16" as well.
You said it! The difference is substantial!! Here is the comparison, the wheel-cap-inspired classics are available down south (NZ) as well.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alloysii.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
Such a steep price for a Maruti , My admiration to the prospective owners. One could easily go on with a XUV5oo W8 by putting 50k more. We shall admit, no brain thinks alike
Steep price, yes! For a Maruti, ummm, they have NEXA now and are premium too
pannags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 15:31   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very true

Heard from a local tyre dealer that creta has stability issues and owners of the lower variants are queing for a tyre and an alloy upgrade. He has started stocking a lot of 17 inch rims for the purpose.
Well, I would not buy in that. The Creta owners upgrading to 17 inchers are for different reasons than stability issues. Atleast in TBHP official review or the owners in here haven't reported any. Wheel upgrading has been a common phenomenon with enthusiast these days.
A tire shop near my house has two sets of SCross stock alloys, and owners dumped just for the looks.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 17:43   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very true

Sandy, that statement by the tyre dealer seems ill informed. A lot of guys on the forum are upgrading as the alloys on the lower variants don't look good in particular. I haven't heard of a single incident of terrible handling of the Creta, which includes our official review.
I have driven the Creta on a 50 km test drive which included a brisk run on an empty Nice road(Bangalore's tolled private road) and found it to be pretty stable. Though it was the SX(O) on 17s don't think it will make too much of a difference.
Old 26th August 2015, 21:30   #1400

Can any one please ( especially the photoshop experts) edit the car with some good alloy designs including the momo's. Pleaaaaaseeee!

Last edited by Eddy : 26th August 2015 at 21:34. Reason: Please use the team bhp smileys only.
Old 26th August 2015, 23:10   #1401
BHPian

Well, so I test drove the S-Cross DDiS 320 yesterday on a stretch of 25 km. The car is a delight to drive on the highways, especially with that crisp handling and bucketloads of torque. The turbo lag isn't much evident in the city (compared to Duster 110ps) but the clutch is rather springy. However, it didn't feel as special to drive as mentioned in the review, especially when compared the Jetta which actually does feel fast and confidence inspiring (though it isn't really a fair comparison). I personally feel that the Mahindra XUV 500 W8 offers more bang for the buck, especially when considering its seating and off-road capabilities. Moreover, the S-Cross DDiS 200 feels pretty much useless to me at 13 Lac though it's just a personal preference, no offence intended to owners and prospective consumers. It just doesn't have that performance as expected from a car at that price range. The Vento TDI DSG feels much superior with the comfort of an automatic.
P.S. My first post at Team-BHP!

Last edited by mohaks19 : 26th August 2015 at 23:23.
mohaks19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 00:02   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Sandy, that statement by the tyre dealer seems ill informed. A lot of guys on the forum are upgrading as the alloys on the lower variants don't look good in particular. I haven't heard of a single incident of terrible handling of the Creta, which includes our official review.
I have driven the Creta on a 50 km test drive which included a brisk run on an empty Nice road(Bangalore's tolled private road) and found it to be pretty stable. Though it was the SX(O) on 17s don't think it will make too much of a difference.
Even when I TDed the creta I dd not feel any instability. But that was an SX(O) model. According to me there is nothing wrong with the creta except for the steering feedback and excessively light steering.
Old 27th August 2015, 07:40   #1403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did my PDI today
Transferred the sum to nexa
Temporary registration will be done tomorrow
Delivery the day after. Excited
Congrats Sandeep. So today is D DAY! Please do share the pictures. Hope I can get to see the beast in person . All the best.
Old 27th August 2015, 08:00   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
We should not forget that only Creta SX(O) has ESP but not lower variants. Can't this make a difference?

NOTE: I have test driven SX(O) in city but not on highway.
Old 27th August 2015, 08:25   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
We should not forget that only Creta SX(O) has ESP but not lower variants. Can't this make a difference?

NOTE: I have test driven SX(O) in city but not on highway.

The ESP I think checks if all is well around 25 times a second. It will only cut in if it senses that that car is not doing what the steering input desires. It will correct the steering input and also reduce the torque to the desired levels. However I guess this correction is very minimal and the force applied by the ESP could be negligible. In most cases less than 10nm.

So if you a driving on a straight road at decent speeds you will not notice the difference between a car with ESP and the one that does not have. It will come into play on oversteer and under steer situations.

Drivers should realise the laws of physics and that the SUVs will behave different to sedans and be cautious.

So coming back to the Creta , I would say that it would make no difference if I drive a base model in a similar manner on the same stretch of road. Yes it would make a difference if say the base model came with 185 section tyres and the top spec came with 215. The grip generated at cornering would be different, but 10mm and 1 inch more makes hardly any difference.

I would stress that if budget permits to a stretch. Pls buy a car with all the safety. You never know where you will encounter a situation where each and every safety component of the car will be working overtime in tandem.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 27th August 2015 at 08:37.
Old 27th August 2015, 15:00   #1406
BHPian

I've seen the S-Cross in flesh on display in one of the malls. My personal opinion is it looks like just a size bigger hatch back than what's already available in the market. Even though MS markets it as a premium cross over, crossovers can look much better than just being hatchbacks. Even Creta and Ecosport are also crossovers which have far better looks than S-Cross. When I first heard that MS will be introducing a SUV/Crossover, I had high hopes. Once I saw the leaked pics I was disappointed but still was hopeful that it might look better in flesh. Once it was out on display, I decided against it. Again this is just my personal opinion as looks is a very personal perspective.

One quick question I've is that I heard MS saying that the Nexa products will share the service stations of MS. In that sense when they are trying to introduce a premium brand isn't the overall experience including the service (infact service experience should be premium as the customer spends more time or makes more trips to the service station rather than to the showroom which is a one time purchase deal) need to be premium? Are the Nexa customers going to get special treatment over MS customers in which case MS customers will be furious if they are put in queue? Correct me if I'm wrong here!
Old 27th August 2015, 15:30   #1407
BHPian

Hi Folks! I am super thrilled to have got my membership approved. This is my first post.

I bought my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta on Monday this week. The premium silver color.

I have not driven the vehicle after bringing it from the showroom until today. The reason being that I wanted to change the stock JK Tyres. As per GTO's advise in one of the previous posts I did not want to change the Spec of the tire and zeroed in on Michelin Primacy 3 ST. Unfortunately after calling all the major dealers in Bangalore ( Sai Iyengar, Madhus, Tyre Empire, Hercules) I could not find this tyre with anyone of them. Only Madhus had two tyres. Finally got the tyres changed to Continental Conti Max MC 5 today (2015/60 R16). Stayed away from Yokohoma and Pirelli as I am a sedate driver who hardly goes over 100 KMPH. Those tires would have been an overkill.

Need some help from the members, what 3M treatments should I get done for the new car. I did visit the 3M center and came away confused. Please help!
Satishtv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 15:54   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Need some help from the members, what 3M treatments should I get done for the new car. I did visit the 3M center and came away confused. Please help!
Congrats on your purchase of the 'Premium' Crossover!

On your tyre change, you have gone for 215 or 205/ 60 R16? How much did it cost you?

Get the 3M paint sealant done (for cars <6 months).

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th August 2015 at 16:01.
Old 27th August 2015, 16:19   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks! I am super thrilled to have got my membership approved. This is my first post.

Welcome to the forum Sathish and congratulations on the buy. Here is wishing you miles of smiles.

Pls call Shankar on +91 98-45-973001. He is the guy I buy my tyres from.

Which 3M have you visited? Would suggest the paint sealant after a couple of months.
Old 27th August 2015, 16:26   #1410
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to Team-BHP! Congratulations and wishing you many happy miles with the S-Cross.

3M car care treatments can be very confusing. I think the paint sealant Volkman recommended is a very useful value add, but costs upwards of 50k if I remember correctly. The under body coating is also a popular option.

Quote:
Pls call Shankar on +91 98-45-973001. He is the guy I buy my tyres from.
Hey Arjun, which shop are you referring to? Do they also deal with alloys? Can you share more details please?

Last edited by pannags : 27th August 2015 at 16:29. Reason: Added multi quote
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks