Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 22:23   #1501
BHPian

As per SVP of CNB show, Maruti have booking number as 6500 for scross since launch, as against 33000 bookings of Creta
Old 31st August 2015, 22:24   #1502
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Started ICE mods for my hippo
Dream stages
1. Stage I - Components (Morel Maximo 6.5" Components + coaxials)
2. Stage II - Damping and Amp (Focal Auditor R4280) + Noisekill on all doors
3. Stage III - 8 inch subwoofer in a custom 3.5 cu ft fibre enclosure in the boot (yet to decide on the brand)
4. Stage IV - HU upgrade-

Reason for choosing Morels
- Good bass
- Subtle highs
- Not bright
Finished stage I (9k for components and 4.5k for coaxials) - Tweeters went into stock locations.

Horn upgrade
Hella Windtone chrome 1.4k + 350 bucks for relay

The masses are taking the S cross well.
They are surprised to see the size and look of the new Maruti
One of my colleagues remarked it to be the best looking Maruti ever.
One of the security walas at a mall asked me.. Sir Is this the Maruti Duster? I said yes. His response was. Wow, then it should be very fuel efficient. ()

Last edited by sandygordon : 31st August 2015 at 22:29.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 23:07   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Which of these wheels are best suited for Premium silver/ Granite gray S cross ? ]
Alloy A, A & A, in that order

My shortlist has a similar design and its exciting to see it in pic.

OT: Just back from a 3 day trip to B.R.Hills. Had rented a Zoom Ecosport as I did not want to drive my Esteem in the current state of the clutch. Very happy with the drive overall and hope the S Cross will deliver a similar experience.
Old 31st August 2015, 23:14   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Started ICE mods for my hippo
Dream stages
1. Stage I - Components (Morel Maximo 6.5" Components + coaxials)
2. Stage II - Damping and Amp (Focal Auditor R4280) + Noisekill on all doors
3. Stage III - 8 inch subwoofer in a custom 3.5 cu ft fibre enclosure in the boot (yet to decide on the brand)
4. Stage IV - HU upgrade-

Reason for choosing Morels
- Good bass
- Subtle highs
- Not bright
Finished stage I
Nice choice of equipment, especially the speakers!
You can never go wrong with Morels, love their smooth highs!

I have had dotech ovations for over 5 years and they always performed like charm..
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 00:30   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
Congrats Satishtv!! I am glad you liked the power the 1.3L is producing to pull the S cross efficiently. I am planning to take 1.3L Zeta as it fits my budget & I felt that variant to be total VFM!!.

Creta definitely has the charm which infact is making me consider the 1.4L S+ which is a variant comparable to 1.3L Zeta though it costs a whopping 2 Lakhs more! Heard the cost of maintenance is also relatively much higher compared to the S Cross.

Any suggestions on this?!

P.S : this is my first post & am super excited to be a part of Team BHP
Congratulations on joining Team BHP, we both I guess joined on the same day.

Personally, the choice between S Cross and Creta should be purely yours. I chose the S Cross over the Creta for two reasons -

1. I wanted something different from Hyundai (I owned Santro for 5.5 years & i20 for another 4.5 years)
2. At my strict budget of Rs. 12 Lakhs I got a good set of features on S Cross. In Creta, I would not have got even the Airbags at that price.

The maintenance should be relatively same. Hyundai's are not costly to maintain.

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2015 at 06:36. Reason: Fixed Quote
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 02:44   #1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
Congrats Satishtv!! I am glad you liked the power the 1.3L is producing to pull the S cross efficiently. I am planning to take 1.3L Zeta as it fits my budget & I felt that variant to be total VFM!!.

Creta definitely has the charm which infact is making me consider the 1.4L S+ which is a variant comparable to 1.3L Zeta though it costs a whopping 2 Lakhs more! Heard the cost of maintenance is also relatively much higher compared to the S Cross.

Any suggestions on this?!
My story is little different.

I own 3 cars :
1. Verna Crdi (2006 model)
2. Swift VDI (2009 model)
3. Polo Tdi (2011 model)

In less than 2 years, there was some serious issue with the Verna turbo & the authorized service centre ppl said it would cost around Rs 80,000. I had to get it rectified by some other mechanic who did it for Rs 5,000. When I asked the service centre guys as to why they quoted 80,000 rs for the same, they simply said they had no rights to repair it but to replace the spare part & that was the beginning of my bad experiences with maintaining Verna & I have spent a lot of money on the service. On the contrary, swift hardly had any such issues. Mainting polo is again a nightmare. I am planning to sell both Verna & polo & go for S cross.

I still enjoy driving swift even compared to i20 elite which my sister purchased recently. The stability & ride quality in swift is excellent & I found a similar yet enhanced experience in S cross.

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2015 at 06:52. Reason: Fixed quote tags; reduced length of quoted post
sailukitta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 07:40   #1507
BHPian

Here are the OEM 'premium' speakers (woofers and tweeters). No crossover. You will have to use the 'premium crossover' instead.
Paper cones
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg
There are no magnets, these are Nippon paper cones Rated at 4 ohms 25 W
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg
Tweeters are as cute as they can be
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg
Poor output for the stock HU as well, audiophiles should opt for an HU upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I need a couple of pictures taken at night showing the headlight and how good they light up the roads. Low and Highbeam please.

Longing for them from long. Thanks in advance.
Shall upload the snaps tonight

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2015 at 08:06. Reason: Merged back to back posts
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 09:49   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the OEM 'premium' speakers (woofers and tweeters). No crossover. You will have to use the 'premium crossover' instead.
Poor output for the stock HU as well, audiophiles should opt for an HU upgrade.
I dont understand why manufacturers resort to using such poor quality accessories. Reading thru this forum, almost everyone is changing their tyres and most of them change alloys,hu and speakers.

It is a pain for us to sell the older items at throw away price. Why cant manufacturers make it configurable. For example, choice of tyres, alloys, HU, speakers can be made configurable. It would immensely help reduce the loss of selling them cheap in the name of buy back. Perhaps, it is better for these OEM to sell cars without music system as they did long time back.
sathya_g_m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 10:01   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I dont understand why manufacturers resort to using such poor quality accessories. Reading thru this forum, almost everyone is changing their tyres and most of them change alloys,hu and speakers.

It is a pain for us to sell the older items at throw away price. Why cant manufacturers make it configurable. For example, choice of tyres, alloys, HU, speakers can be made configurable. It would immensely help reduce the loss of selling them cheap in the name of buy back. Perhaps, it is better for these OEM to sell cars without music system as they did long time back.
Completely agree! In fact, I've spent considerable time looking up alloys and tyre options (significantly more time on the former!) and then thinking about whether to get seat covers after the tyre swap or before.

The NEXA accessories guy mentioned to me that OEM alloy options are expected to be available shorty. I can't understand the delay as this is already available off the shelf in Aus & NZ!
Old 1st September 2015, 10:06   #1510
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Are these MapMyIndia maps or some other vendor's ? Are updates covered ? Any more details on this ?
Quote:
Sandy, while you're busy with your audio upgrade, I had some questions regarding the maps (see my older quoted post). I guess you have the 1.3 Alpha, so you will most likely have the answers
Old 1st September 2015, 10:41   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Sandy, while you're busy with your audio upgrade, I had some questions regarding the maps (see my older quoted post). I guess you have the 1.3 Alpha, so you will most likely have the answers
As per the service adviser these are suzuki maps in collaboration with some vendor. It can only be updated by the service guys, but the frequency of these updates are unknown. In the nexa website, there is a login for owners. As per him you may be able to take care of updates in future, but it's not in service as of now. The map will only work on the data card supplied and not a copy. The cost is nearly 4000 Rs.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 12:22   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Are these MapMyIndia maps or some other vendor's ?
This should answer your question, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maps have been sourced from Nokia.
Going by the above quote from our official review of Ciaz, the maps should be from Nokia - since both cars share the same HU. Not sure if they are as good and up to date as MapMyIndia maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Which of these wheels are best suited for Premium silver/ Granite gray S cross ? All are of MSW brand.
My choice is A. I love 5 spoke designs and many of my shortlists are similar to this. I am not sure of the availability of these alloys in India, just browsed through the websites and bookmarked the ones I liked

1. Oz X X5B - Matt Graphite Diamond Cut - I am sure I will not be able to afford these, but keeping it as a reference while I search in other brands.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ozx.png

2. Plati Royal PR-1409 - Full Machined Gunmetal

Name:  Plati Royal.png
Views: 6759
Size:  649.5 KB

3. Plati Royal PR-172 - Hyper Black

Name:  Plati Royal_2.png
Views: 6754
Size:  624.6 KB

4. Momo Next - Matt Anthracite Diamond Cut - This design + finish is not available in 16" with Sai Mag Wheels. However, is available in Matt Black.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-momo-next.png

5. Momo Quantum - Matt Antracite

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-momo-quantum.png

6. Momo M-50 - Hyper Silver - This is for silver lovers. This is less aggressive and more OEM like IMO. Again, not available in 16" with Sai Mag Wheels.

Name:  Momo M50.png
Views: 6561
Size:  544.7 KB
Vigkey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 12:33   #1513
BHPian

The S-Cross is a different design, it may not be able to please everyone but it would offend none.

Read this: The news just in: S-Cross Facelift in the works already
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/2...acelift-189231

Also so visit the site:
http://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/

The Baleno hatchback, the Vitara Breeza, hopefully it all is coming to India!

The good days of Suzuki fan boys are here incoming!

Plus all people buying/upgrading in the later part of 2015 or early 2016, hold on to your horses 2016 is going to be a year of a lot of new launches + face lifts! Exciting days ahead!
Old 1st September 2015, 12:44   #1514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/2...acelift-189231
If you see the interiors of the facelift, it is exactly the same as the Indian S Cross, which will debut internationally with this face lift.
Yes externally there will be changes but there is more to it. They seem to be testing the 1.4 New boosterjet in S Cross.

Anyways this facelift may not be seen in India until 2017.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 12:44   #1515
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
The S-Cross is a different design, it may not be able to please everyone but it would offend none.

Wow. Now that's a news!

Hence I am holding onto my horses before I get the S-Cross. Front end looks uplifted and hope they don't skimp on safety and features equipment as sold currently. Not fair of they skimp in the facelift.

It will be a gamble overall.

Most Viewed