Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 21:04   #1531
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Seriously! Are you like able to snoop into my shortlist ... just kidding Vigkey

My favorite is no. 4, above. Looks absolutely stunning!
Haha pannags!!! Looks like we have very similar tastes And Yes, Momo Next is my favorite of the lot. However, Sai Mag Wheels do not have the Anthracite diamond cut finish in their 16" collection. To me, the Matt Black finish does not look as attractive as the anthracite ones.

Among your other shortlists, I like the No. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Check the above SD card, it is the Nokia HERE maps, this is awesome because the Nokia maps is one of the best map systems covering India
Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
How did I miss "HERE"But it says 2014, hope it's updated in 2015.
Yes, it is the Nokia HERE maps as rightly mentioned in our Ciaz review. However, I am not sure if it is the best map system covering India. In my Lumia, I find the maps to be less detailed and not as up to date as the Google maps - I know I am comparing entirely different type of providers. But IMO, once the android HUs come into picture, all other maps are going to look primitive and less intuitive.

My RM mentioned that the maps in the SD card will be updated during service for the first 2/3 years for free and after that it will be updated at a very nominal fee ~Rs. 100 every time. I am not sure of the accuracy of this claim, but sounded fair enough to me.
Old 1st September 2015, 22:51   #1532
BHPian

Projector headlamps at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Shall upload the snaps tonight
As promised here are the projector light pics - lighting a narrow street at night
HIDs seem to be 4.5K, good white light, less blue hues.

1. Low beam

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-low.jpg

2. High beam

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-high-beam.jpg

3. Low beam with fog lamp
s
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-low-fog-lamps.jpg
4. High beam with foglamps
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-high-fog-lamps.jpg

Please excuse the pic quality, taken with a mobile phone.
sandygordon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 22:58   #1533
BANNED

Re: Projector headlamps at night

Quote:
As promised here are the projector light pics - lighting a narrow street at night

HIDs seem to be 4.5K, good white light, less blue hues.
Wow. Didn't expect them to be this good. I am now relieved about the night driving.

Thank for the pictures.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 01:27   #1534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
.... Front end looks uplifted and hope they don't skimp on safety and features equipment as sold currently...
I doubt Maruti will even start thinking of a facelift in India before 2018.

Quote:
Horn upgrade
Hella Windtone chrome 1.4k + 350 bucks for relay

...)
Hella Twin tone you meant to say? Good stuff. Did you install inside the bonnet? That's the kind of horns (trumpet) which hates water.

PS : Windtone is from Roots.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd September 2015 at 01:31.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 05:23   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hella Twin tone you meant to say? Good stuff. Did you install inside the bonnet? That's the kind of horns (trumpet) which hates water.

PS : Windtone is from Roots.
Yes Hella chrome twin-tone. My bad.
The horns went under the front bumper on the left side. The installer did not want to cut the wires or change the stock location. Will ask the nexa service guys to fix it inside the bonnet during first service.
Can some one please suggest an ideal location for these trumpets.
Planning to add a pair of red grills for highway runs
Old 2nd September 2015, 07:05   #1536
BHPian

Please merge posts

Please suggest a good amp for Morels (Morel maximo components 6.5 inch rated at 90W and coaxials in rear doors)
I am going with damping of all doors. Morels seem to have some good punchy bass and I think I can live without a subwoofer.
Focal auditor 4 channel amp is available for 12 K
Can they run on a Blaupunkt 455 ?(much cheaper).How about Pioneer 4 channel amp?
With the focal, total cost of the ICE would go up to 35K. What wattage of amp should I choose for 90 W speakers on all doors.?
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:26   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Hey sandygordan. Its time to change your signature mate. I don't see the S-Cross in your signature yet.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:34   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Define sane speed. If you didn't notice, he did 120, which is at 150% of the speed limit. I have got ticket on ECR for crossing 40 on a Sunday noon and ticket was given as "racing without permission" and I requested him not to add the dangerous driving.

Speed is just one small parameter of dangerous driving. I see people at even 10 kmph driving dangerously at intersections.
You got me all wrong mate. I neither mentioned sanity with respect to speed nor mentioned dangerous driving anywhere. I congratulated him on keeping his cool when people are racing in their cars and resisting the urge to get pulled into a race match with others on the road. It is quite natural when you have a new vehicle. I only alluded to driving fast and never said that it was dangerous driving (Formula one cars are fast and they do not drive dangerous).

Driving fast and Driving dangerous are two different things and i only referred to the former.
By all means please go ahead and drive to your hearts content on highways - after all it is a free country.
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:56   #1539
Distinguished - BHPian

Narrowed on the below two configurations. Will decide when I get the car shortly. Will update through a pic

Name:  25.PNG
Views: 3448
Size:  91.3 KB

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-up145704ozmsw24i2.jpg
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:03   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Hella chrome twin-tone. My bad.
The horns went under the front bumper on the left side. The installer did not want to cut the wires or change the stock location. Will ask the nexa service guys to fix it inside the bonnet during first service.
Can some one please suggest an ideal location for these trumpets.
Planning to add a pair of red grills for highway runs
Behind the bumper or either side of the front grill is fine for placement, depending on the availability of mounting point. IMO placing them in down-firing position would be safer considering water seepage issues and I think they'll scream louder that way.
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:51   #1541
BHPian

Just back from a TD along with a colleague, who is an ex-Ertiga ZDi owner (swapped his car for a Rapid Diesel MT after a somewhat under-satisfactory ownership experience).

Here is a summary of his feedback (in comparison with the Ertiga and the Rapid):

1. Very good driving position - easy to find the sweet spot with nice play for the rake and reach adjustments

2. Notable difference in driveability as compared with the Ertiga -

a. No signs of stalling or loss of power when driven at low speeds, say in the 3rd gear;
b. Very good handling and ride quality when driven at speeds of ~ 85 kmph (Sarjapur road is unsafe beyond that)

3. Well built car with a generous feel of roominess at the rear, but the Marutiness is still visible in the plastic panels, levers and knobs. Rapid is a couple of notches higher in build quality.

4. Very impressive Auto AC, MID and a extremely well finished leather wrapped steering wheel. Non-Aplha variants will miss this sorely.

As a Rapid and Ertiga owner, his opinion was good to have (although I have made a decision) and going by the fact that he is not at all easy to please, I must say he came out very impressed
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:52   #1542
Team-BHP Support

Which version of Scross did you guys drive ?
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:02   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Which version of Scross did you guys drive ?
Well! My colleague was keen on driving the 1.6, but I requested the 1.3 and that was deliberate - I wanted first hand feedback from someone who had owned the 1.3 avatar on the Ertiga/Ciaz. It was an Alpha like most other TD cars.

Last edited by pannags : 2nd September 2015 at 14:03. Reason: Added variant details.
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:03   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Just back from a TD along with a colleague, who is an ex-Ertiga ZDi owner (swapped his car for a Rapid Diesel MT after a somewhat under-satisfactory ownership experience).

As a Rapid and Ertiga owner, his opinion was good to have (although I have made a decision) and going by the fact that he is not at all easy to please, I must say he came out very impressed
I assume that you are comparing it with 1.3 Scross. For someone who had driven Ertiga, 1.3 S-Cross will be good in comparison. However, from my Test Drives, 1.3 MJD is very lively in Ciaz, fair in S-Cross was a overkill for Ertiga. However not a match for Rapid.

1.6 is a different animal altogether.

BTW, did you guys like the head rest of rear seats? I am sure it is not comfortable. Did anyone try alternatives?
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:20   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I assume that you are comparing it with 1.3 Scross. For someone who had driven Ertiga, 1.3 S-Cross will be good in comparison. However, from my Test Drives, 1.3 MJD is very lively in Ciaz, fair in S-Cross was a overkill for Ertiga. However not a match for Rapid.
Yes, it was the 1.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
BTW, did you guys like the head rest of rear seats? I am sure it is not comfortable. Did anyone try alternatives?
I'm surprised that my colleague did not mention anything about the discomfort. When I took the rear row, I tried adjusting the headrests and the best position was when it was in my hands - yes, I pulled them out and plugged them back in before the RM got furious

On a serious note, the headrests protrude a tad too much and will need to be adjusted by reducing the gap between the rails and the rests.

Last edited by pannags : 2nd September 2015 at 14:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks