Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 23:45   #1591
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
In fact my RM advised me to hold on the JK tires till the OE tire warranty expires.

Any clue if they are offering the HID projectors as OE accessory or at least as a spare which I can buy and replace?? That is one feature I don't want to miss when I buy the Zeta variant. Don't really want the auto headlight and wiper feature. I anyway plan to get the leather steering cover - I simply loved the feel of it. I can live with the fabric seat cover even though it is not quite premium IMO.
Well! I saw the pics Volkman posted on an iPad the RM from Bimal was carrying. Somehow, all black alloys don't seem to go well with the S-Cross, especially the lighter shades as the cladding sort of blends with the wheels.

My RM gave me gyaan about Maruti designing the alloys to ensure optimal performance and all that stuff, only to be politely interrupted. While I'm almost certain to go with HRS alloys - liked them a lot - tyre options seem confusing. All discussions lead to the Michelin Primacys, but I'm looking at a slightly more rugged option like the Bridgestone Turanzas. Not sure if the JK Elanzos measure anywhere close to them, particularly on the reliability factor!?

As for the HIDs, the complete kit, including the projectors, sensors etc. is supposedly 70k!! (SOURCE: The RM from Bimal who offered us the TD last week). It's not clear how much the projectors alone cost, but that's on my stage-2 mod plan. My RM from Mandovi says it should be available soon.

And yes, like I already said, the steering wheel cover on the Alpha is brilliantly done. Quite sure the after market fitment will be nowhere close.

BTW, I should know the expected delivery date by tomorrow.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 08:50   #1592
BHPian

1000km up. Time for first inspection / service. Seriously thinking about adding a spoiler. I think the its not worth the 6k spent on it. For 6k I think I can get a Blaupunkt amp.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 09:27   #1593
BHPian

Re: Light footed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
A light footed drive from home to my office, Time taken 19 minutes
3 km through town,9.6 km of highway (seaport-airport road)
Rest through a highway, no much vehicles on the road
Cruise control at 70 kmph for 5 km
ACC at 23 degrees, Soft music.

It had gone up to 24.8 but reduced after I slowed down in the hospital campus
Would that make me a non-enthusiast??
Good to see the mileage figure, would SHVS in S-Cross would have improved it much more? How it would have been impacted the pricing? (current price + for the technology - on the tax???)
Old 7th September 2015, 09:58   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Any clue if they are offering the HID projectors as OE accessory or at least as a spare which I can buy and replace?? That is one feature I don't want to miss when I buy the Zeta variant. Don't really want the auto headlight and wiper feature. I anyway plan to get the leather steering cover - I simply loved the feel of it. I can live with the fabric seat cover even though it is not quite premium IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
As for the HIDs, the complete kit, including the projectors, sensors etc. is supposedly 70k!! (SOURCE: The RM from Bimal who offered us the TD last week). It's not clear how much the projectors alone cost, but that's on my stage-2 mod plan. My RM from Mandovi says it should be available soon.

And yes, like I already said, the steering wheel cover on the Alpha is brilliantly done. Quite sure the after market fitment will be nowhere close.

BTW, I should know the expected delivery date by tomorrow.
My RM told me that the headlight assembly that is in the alpha variant will cost Rs. 20k each which includes the hid's and the daylight running lights.

I have the complete accessories price list but the HID change is not included as an accessory.

I thought Zeta comes with leather steering. Is the steering cover on Zeta not leather?

If you have seen any of my previous posts I have mentioned that I could not get the Michelin 3st's from any dealer in Bangalore. I finally opted for the Continental conti max contact Tyres with the same tyre size 205/60 R16. The Bridgestones are very hard tyres guys but well suited for India. I got 3 year warranty on the continental so went for them

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th September 2015 at 10:09. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 10:27   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
1000km up. Time for first inspection / service
Had read your ownership review before it went again into the assembly line. Waiting for its return.

Want to ask something. Are there any issues with the AC? When I went for the TD, the AC was not working properly.

Again, the RM's mobile was not pairing with the system in the car. Any complaints about unsettled backseat ride?
sreepathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 10:40   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Being a tall person I found the Ciaz rear seat to be very low on headroom.

Just FYI, in case this is somewhere in your priority list.
Yes Shankar, Thanks for pointing out.
I am 6'1 and this is always lurking in my mind since I sat in the new I20. Ciaz is better than I20 and. Anyway, I'll hardly ever travel on the rear seat. So, not an issue.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:01   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
My RM told me that the headlight assembly that is in the alpha variant will cost Rs. 20k each which includes the hid's and the daylight running lights.
By 20k each, do you mean 40k for a set of 2!?

Quote:
I thought Zeta comes with leather steering. Is the steering cover on Zeta not leather?
The specs indicate leather wrapped covers only for the Alpha! I never seen a Zeta in flesh to confirm! The Karlssons do a good job of the covers, although the damage could be in the order of 4-5k. I'm a bit apprehensive as they dismantle the wheel to install the covers!

Quote:
If you have seen any of my previous posts I have mentioned that I could not get the Michelin 3st's from any dealer in Bangalore. I finally opted for the Continental conti max contact Tyres with the same tyre size 205/60 R16. The Bridgestones are very hard tyres guys but well suited for India. I got 3 year warranty on the continental so went for them
I checked with Hercules Tyres, Shesadripuram, and they seem to have stock. In fact, they deal with almost all brands and seem to be able to source the needed variant and size with sufficient advance notice.

I'll also check out the Contis, have heard good things about them. Heck! too many choices aren't doing me any good.

Last edited by pannags : 7th September 2015 at 12:09.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:06   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The specs indicate leather wrapped covers only for the Alpha! I never seen a Zeta in flesh to confirm! The Karlssons do a good job of the covers, although the damage could be in the order of 4-5k. I'm a bit apprehensive as they dismantle the wheel to install the covers!
Why should they dismantle the Steering wheel for a leather wrap? I have done the Karlsson wrap for the steering wheels in my cars, and never seen such dismantling!
Old 7th September 2015, 12:22   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Why should they dismantle the Steering wheel for a leather wrap? I have done the Karlsson wrap for the steering wheels in my cars, and never seen such dismantling!
Hey volkman, here's a post from Feb '15 from where I inferred this ... I do hope they can manage the installation with the wheel in place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Paid a visit to the Karlsson showroom this morning. Wanted to get my steering wheel done up since age was starting to take toll on the material.

Removing the steering column was troublesome since it had not been opened in the past 8yrs! Once off, they asked me to come back in about 3hrs and sent the steering wheel to their Domlur unit (where they do the leather work). I had asked them to use Scandinavian leather (1.5mm) and red thread for the stitches (to match the upholstery).

Shortly thereafter, they arrived with the steering wheel and I was ecstatic! The feel of the steering wheel is just awesome, feels premium. Getting used to the fun
Old 7th September 2015, 13:09   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
By 20k each, do you mean 40k for a set of 2!?

Yes, 40k total...

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150907_122614picsay.jpg here's a picture of the zeta steering wheel, if feels like a leather kind of a material but you are right it is not leather

I checked with Hercules Tyres, Shesadripuram, and they seem to have stock. In fact, they deal with almost all brands and seem to be able to source the needed variant and size with sufficient advance notice.

I'll also check out the Contis, have heard good things about them. Heck! too many choices aren't doing me any good.
I checked in the south of bangalore with all dealers but they did not have it. Did not want to drive too far as I would have lost on the resale price of the JK's. I got the contis for 9k each and JK's went for 3.9k each. The cost came to 27k including weights and wheel balancing.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 14:30   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
Had read your ownership review before it went again into the assembly line. Waiting for its return.

Want to ask something. Are there any issues with the AC? When I went for the TD, the AC was not working properly.

Again, the RM's mobile was not pairing with the system in the car. Any complaints about unsettled backseat ride?
No issues with the AC. AC is infact fantastic. Rear passengers wont miss the rear ac vents.
No idea about ride at the back as I have not been there except for the TD. My mother did not complain and she felt it to be more comfortable than in the Dzire. There is greater chance of some discomfort especially compared to the Ciaz/ other sedans as you are sitting high and the rear suspension is a bit stiffer than you would like it to be. (Compared to Duster, Creta and Ciaz). The music system pairs to my Huawei honour like a breeze.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:22   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
here's a picture of the zeta steering wheel, if feels like a leather kind of a material but you are right it is not leather
It does look better than I anticipated. Must be some kind medium hard compound. The steering on the Alpha is superb though!

Here's a pic from the Team-BHP review

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross03.jpg

Quote:
I checked in the south of bangalore with all dealers but they did not have it. Did not want to drive too far as I would have lost on the resale price of the JK's. I got the contis for 9k each and JK's went for 3.9k each. The cost came to 27k including weights and wheel balancing.
Makes perfect sense to choose a dealer closer to your residence (& dealership). Thanks for sharing the buy back prices. I've been offered a similar deal (~4k) in exchange for 9.6k for the Michelin Primacys or 5.8k for the Goodyear Assurances.
Old 8th September 2015, 11:30   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
1000km up. Time for first inspection / service. Seriously thinking about adding a spoiler. I think the its not worth the 6k spent on it. For 6k I think I can get a Blaupunkt amp.
1000 already? That was 'Swift' :P

Do let us know your Premium service experience & also about the suspension & electrical warranty questions that still linger. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2015, 13:05   #1604
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I know its too early but do we have any news of some kind of discounts in 1.6 model. I have to book car next week and very confused between Creta/Scross and Vento DSG.
Old 8th September 2015, 13:54   #1605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
I know its too early but do we have any news of some kind of discounts in 1.6 model. I have to book car next week and very confused between Creta/Scross and Vento DSG.
No discounts for any models of S Cross as on date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks