Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 23:01   #1651
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Airbags and ABS are standard on all variants of both the engines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Airbags and ABS is standard in 1.6 variants.
I accept my mistake guys. Actually was reading the Creta thread and had planned to write this comment there. Somehow jumped to S Cross thread and posted it here. My bad !!!
Old 11th September 2015, 12:01   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
Thanks pannags. Attaching another few shots

Yes these indeed are the Pirelli P4s.
Hi cjsarora, these alloys are awesome! Can you please share the cost and source?

Also, what are the options for tire upgrade?
Old 11th September 2015, 13:08   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Hi cjsarora, these alloys are awesome! Can you please share the cost and source?

Also, what are the options for tire upgrade?
@sourabhzen: These alloys are Prestige brand and I got them from the distributor Universal Tyre House, Kailash Colony, New Delhi (Near LSR college).
They were for 24000/- for the set of four.

Tire upgrade options are available aplenty and I was given an option of upgrading to 215/60/16 also but I didn't prefer to change the size. Brands available were Bridgestone/Michelin/Pirelli and even Yoko's if required. Cost of the tyres ranged from around 7000/- to 9500/-
cjsarora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 15:51   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks pannags. Attaching another few shots

Yes these indeed are the Pirelli P4s.
Those Alloys look really great on S-Cross. This shows what a good set of alloys can do for S-Cross looks. It's a pity that NEXA is still not offering range of alloys as GA.

What i also noticed is that cjsarora and pannags have changed the stock tyres to better rubber but not up-sized it. Stock size was quite adequate when i TD S-Cross. I strongly feel that if we up-size to 225 from 205, considering the offset of stock alloys which is 50 where as most of the after market alloys available are of offset 40/35 ride quality and steering feel (heavier) would be an issue. Due to this offset difference extra 20 mm rubber will be only towards the fender and nill towards suspension.
Old 11th September 2015, 17:22   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@sourabhzen: These alloys are Prestige brand and I got them from the distributor Universal Tyre House, Kailash Colony, New Delhi (Near LSR college).
They were for 24000/- for the set of four.

Tire upgrade options are available aplenty and I was given an option of upgrading to 215/60/16 also but I didn't prefer to change the size. Brands available were Bridgestone/Michelin/Pirelli and even Yoko's if required. Cost of the tyres ranged from around 7000/- to 9500/-
Thanks, did you get but back value for OEM alloys?
Old 11th September 2015, 17:33   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, did you get but back value for OEM alloys?
@sourabhzen: Yes I did. Got Rs 2000/- per alloy for the OEM. Paid Rs 16000/- for the alloys
cjsarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 11:40   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post
Ride quality and steering feel (heavier) would be an issue. Due to this offset difference extra 20 mm rubber will be only towards the fender and nill towards suspension.
Ride quality is not affected on the 225s, I feel it has improved a bit, may be because of the quality of rubber. I have not driven a car with primacy 205. Anyway ride is a bit better than on the stock JK.

Steering feel has become heavier in a good way (coming from the last generation swifts, steering is still light.)
There is an understeer which you can feel at speedy corners, but nothing severe to affect your safety. You get adjusted to it soon.

What gets affected are the mileage (-1.5kmpl) and to an extent some pickup. (Due to wider contact area)
Old 13th September 2015, 12:19   #1658
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150911_091252picsay.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150911_172943picsay.jpg

The S Cross 1.3 Zeta at the foothills of the mighty Nilgiris. A 4 day vacation to Mysore and Mudumalai forest. The above pictures are taken at the Bear Mountain Resort near Masinagudi

Total distance covered - 600 kms, the car has covered a total of 860 kms in 19 days.

Travelled with my wife and daughter and the have to say that this is the most fatigue free trip my family has ever been to. Kudos to the ride and handling of the car.

The power delivery is awesome and no complaints whatsoever. The road from Mysore to Gundulpet was very bad as the road is under construction but had no issues with the ground clearence.

Only issue I faced was with the music playback from my phone. Despite selecting the media as Bluetooth, a couple of times the music did not play on the car speakers
Satishtv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 17:58   #1659
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
I did have TD of both 1.6 and 1.3 (my biggest mistake of doing that same time) and boy, 1.3 seems to be struggling with this heavy car as compare to 1.6. My self belief is that SCross is made for 1.6 only, sorry no offence. Hence I am considering Vento DSG and 1.6 only.

I may be going for 1.6 now although whole life I will have to explain everybody why I paid 16 lakhs for this car.

Why do you want to live life as a proxy for anyone else other than yourself? Especially if you are paying your money and buying a car that you will drive?

I have driven the 1.6 320Nm Alpha S Cross and it is just lovely. My neighbour bought the S Cross and when I was wandering around with my dogs I saw it arrive. Going closer I asked him which one it was and then was slightly sorry to see the 1.3. However, his reasoning is that he drives 95% in the city only and in start stop traffic and he is neither an automobile enthusiast nor a power fan.

For all those who enjoy a good drive in a good car and are happy with a powerful and torquey engine, today, the S Cross 1.6 is a good buy. Yes it costs 17.79 lacs on Road Bangalore, but I still feel it is very well worth it.

I know I also have spoken highly of the Creta and everything that car brings to the table, but frankly between the two, the 1.6 S Cross takes my fancy - not least because of its better appointed interiors and nice headroom and the overall feeling of general freedom because of the bigger expanse of glass than in the Creta.

Having been used to the Yeti and its happy power surges over the last 4 years, I prefer the 1.6 S Cross any day to the Creta.

Forget everyone's opinion and all the rest of the bunkum. Go with your heart and buy the 1.6 S Cross. You won't regret it ever, in my opinion.
shankar.balan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 19:05   #1660
Distinguished - BHPian

After having booked on 27th July and a bit of deliberation after the prices being revealed on August 5th, decided to retain the booking and gone for the DDiS200 Zeta - the VFM Crossover Variant of S cross.

Had instructed the RM of doing the PDI before the registration formalities. Yes, today was the day and had done the PDI and given the final for processing.

Expecting the car Next week.

Here are some pics from the stockyard during inspection.(Granite Gray)

Reading of Odometer
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150913_121103.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150913_123259.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150913_120710.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2015 at 19:24.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 20:14   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
After having booked on 27th July and a bit of deliberation after the prices being revealed on August 5th, decided to retain the booking and gone for the DDiS200 Zeta - the VFM Crossover Variant of S cross.

Had instructed the RM of doing the PDI before the registration formalities. Yes, today was the day and had done the PDI and given the final for processing.

Here are some pics from the stockyard during inspection.(Granite Gray)
Congratulations Volkman, Granite grey looks awesome on the car. My car's odo read ~39 when I got delivery.

Good to know that you got to do the pdi. Despite insisting for it multiple times Kalyani Motors, Bangalore did not respond to my request, went for the car without a pdi only because it was a new launch

If you are opting for the rear spoiler, do post some pics of the same.
Old 13th September 2015, 21:37   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
The S Cross 1.3 Zeta at the foothills of the mighty Nilgiris.

The power delivery is awesome and no complaints whatsoever. The road from Mysore to Gundulpet was very bad as the road is under construction but had no issues with the ground clearence.
It is reassuring for prospective buyers like me to see that the power delivery in S-Cross is good enough to keep you happy even after taking on the ghats and bad roads. Thanks for keeping us posted

S-Cross looks awesome in silver and the alloy is the only thing that makes it visually less pleasing. Any plans on changing it?? Silver makes the car look big and shows its actual size IMO. With the contrasting roof-rails and cladding it looks super!!!

Quote:

Congrats Volkman!!! Congrats on confirming your S-Cross. Hope I will be able to sort out my priorities and get my hands on one pretty soon. I guess you are also getting the car from Bimal Nexa. Wish you a happy ownership and expecting a detailed post with a lot of pics!!!
Old 13th September 2015, 21:47   #1663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
If you are opting for the rear spoiler, do post some pics of the same.
I find Nexa (Bimal) very reasonable and understanding. They have 210+ bookings and have delivered 70 cars so far. DDiS200 Zeta is the most sought after and waiting period if booked now crosses 8 weeks.
Many customers due to urgent need have taken Delta, due to the waiting period of Zeta.

Nexa (Kalyani) has more bookings than Bimal but their delivery too stands at 70 as of now.

Mods planned at delivery/same day of delivery.
1. Leather wrap - steering wheel
2. Rear Spoiler
3. Seat cover
4. Alloy wheel change -MSW
5. Yokohama tyre change from JK

Sure will post here as I do not intend starting an Ownership thread now.

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2015 at 21:48.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 22:56   #1664

Quote:
I find Nexa (Bimal) very reasonable and understanding. They have 210+ bookings and have delivered 70 cars so far. DDiS200 Zeta is the most sought after and waiting period if booked now crosses 8 weeks.
Many customers due to urgent need have taken Delta, due to the waiting period of Zeta.
I hope you are not getting the steering wrap fitting done from the Nexa itself. I had seen a car waiting for delivery with the leather wrap fitted by Nexa (Bimal). The stitching was so pathetic that I told an RM to keep buyers informed of its poor quality so that they don't have to waste their money on this 'premium' accessory.

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2015 at 00:08. Reason: Removed sections of quoted post
Old 13th September 2015, 23:00   #1665
BHPian

Quote:

Nexa (Kalyani) has more bookings than Bimal but their delivery too stands at 70 as of now.

Mods planned at delivery/same day of delivery.
1. Leather wrap - steering wheel
2. Rear Spoiler
3. Seat cover
4. Alloy wheel change -MSW
5. Yokohama tyre change from JK

Sure will post here as I do not intend starting an Ownership thread now.
Congratulations Volkman! The grey is indeed a stunner on the S-Cross.

BTW, I'm expecting an update on my delivery date by tomorrow. Have been assured a PDI. The folks at Mandovi have been reasonably accommodative, although I'm a bit disappointed at their alloy options and the buy back terms.

Can you please clarify if you are upsizing the tyres? I'm told the Yokohamas don't come in 205/60R16 anymore and hence asking!? Would've picked the Earth series anyday.

BTW, I'm planning to get my seat covers after the first service/check-up at the end of the first month.

Request you to share the PDI checklist used. Not sure if I have the updated one.

OT: Got a call from Skoda that my refund check is ready and that there is a revision in the prices in case I were to change my mind! To make matters complicated, NEXA Palace is next door Vinayak Cars!!!

Last edited by pannags : 13th September 2015 at 23:07.

Most Viewed