Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 10:17   #1711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Would like to see how the S-Cross looks with all black alloys (Momo Next in mind).
Momo website has something called EU configurator and I was checking out the different 16" Momo alloys using this tool. Below are some of the pics from my alloy shortlists. Pardon me as there was no proper silver color in the configurator. I used the closest color. Also the grille is the Europe grille

1. Quantum - Matt Anthracite

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross_quantum.png

2. Next - Matt Anthracite Diamond Cut

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross_next-anthracite.png

3. Next - Matt Black

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross_next-black.png

4. M-50 - Hypersilver

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross_m50.png

Adding a few from Oz and MSW also

1. MSW 26

Name:  S Cross_MSW 26.png
Views: 5473
Size:  232.3 KB

2. MSW 86

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross_msw-86.png

3. Oz X5B

Name:  S Cross_X5B.png
Views: 5269
Size:  235.3 KB

I know these are not accurate representations and might look different in reality. But I guess this will give some idea on what to choose

My other shortlists on the S-Cross using the configurator.

Plati Royal PR-1409 - Full Machined Gun Metal

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross_pr-1409.png

Plati Royal PR-172 - Hyper Black

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross_pr-172.png

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th September 2015 at 11:21. Reason: Merged as requested.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 10:22   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
After a detailed planning including change of alloys/tyres, got my S Cross - DDiS200 Zeta today.
Alloys and tyres are as per my previous posts and done the change right away after
Congratulations. Good colour and excellent alloys. Wish manufacturers make an effort on their alloys. Can't bare to see people spending on another set of alloys on delivery in spite of the high premium we pay for these cars.This has happened with both the S Cross and the Creta(non SX(O). Can you not replace the MSW logo with the Suzuki logo on the alloys?
Old 18th September 2015, 10:45   #1713
t0m
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Congratulations. Good colour and excellent alloys. Wish manufacturers make an effort on their alloys. Can't bare to see people spending on another set of alloys on delivery in spite of the high premium we pay for these cars.This has happened with both the S Cross and the Creta(non SX(O). Can you not replace the MSW logo with the Suzuki logo on the alloys?
You can. Set of 4 available on Aliexpress for as less as USD 4. Haven't scouted the local auto markets yet. Plan to do this weekend as i am getting mine delivered next week.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 10:53   #1714
BHPian

For those who are still looking for a good set of alloys, try getting your hands on these ones by MOMO:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-818qcq2nil._sl1500_.jpg  

Aston Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:05   #1715
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
For those who are still looking for a good set of alloys, try getting your hands on these ones by MOMO:
Awesome alloys Aston, one of the top contenders in my list. The only thing that might make me not pick them are the embossed momo writings on the edge. I plan to replace the center caps with suzuki ones but these writings cannot be removed. And to me these give a typical aftermarket feel to the otherwise awesome alloys.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:07   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
I had shortlisted the MOMO Next and the MOMO Quantum. Sai Mag Wheels is located roughly 3kms from my place and I have purchased HR alloys from them previously for my Ritz. Will try & include pictures of those too later tonight.

However, budgetary constraints kept me from buying the MOMO ones. I saved roughly 12,000 by going with Neo alloys and I am quite happy with the way they look. I am a fan of all black alloys in both Matte & Glossy finishes.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:21   #1717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Adding a few from Oz and MSW also
MSW 86 is currently not available and need to be imported.Will cost more than 80K It was my first choice though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Can you not replace the MSW logo with the Suzuki logo on the alloys?
I would not swap the MSW logo for Suzuki on alloys. MSW is more inspirational brand of alloys than Suzuki

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th September 2015 at 11:35.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:38   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
MSW 86 is currentlynot available and need to be imported.Will cos more than 80K It was my first choice though!
80k for alloys?? No Thanks!!! Those look lovely though. Also the Oz ones are REAL expensive. I have just put them to get an idea. I do not think I will put more than 10 per piece of an alloy wheel.

I think the Plati ones also look real good. Momos have a lot of interesting options as well. All of these come for less than 10k per piece I guess. I will go for one of these. Which fit the Look + Budget factor the best will be chosen.

By the way, I see most of us going for tire / alloy swap are going for 4 pieces. Wouldn't going for 5 pieces make more sense, especially if planning for 5-wheel rotation??

Quote:
I would not swap the MSW logo for Suzuki on alloys. MSW is more inspirational brand of alloys than Suzuki
Yes, most definitely. Logos of OZ, MSW, Momo deserve to be on the wheels. Suzuki should not be given a place there to avoid getting undue credit. People might mistake Suzuki of offering these beautiful alloys as accessories.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:44   #1719
t0m
BHPian

My choice of wheels, only problem as per Sai Mag Wheels it's not available in 114.3 pcd. I like the minor dash of silver over a predominantly black surface. Hoping that a local dealer here in Noida or Delhi has these. Tomorrow and the day after, scouting time .
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150918_11.38.25.jpg

Last edited by t0m : 18th September 2015 at 11:49. Reason: Spell error. Stupid cellphone auto-correct.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:03   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post

1. Tyres upgraded to Michelin Primacy 3ST from the stock JK Elanzo (kept the same size & profile). Total cost = 19.2k (8.8k - 4k per tyre)
Can you share the dealer's details for the tires? Need it for my friend's soon to be delivered S Cross.
Old 18th September 2015, 12:16   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Can you share the dealer's details for the tires? Need it for my friend's soon to be delivered S Cross.
I got them fitted from Karan Tyres on Deshbandhu Road, Karol Bagh. He is quite famous there and owns a corner shop. You can google for Karan Tyres Karol Bagh and get in touch with Mr Karan (friendly fellow). The deal I got was on the condition that I'll bring the car to the shop the same day of delivery.

If his quote for you differs, show him my car's pictures 😉

PS: As mentioned, it is a pretty famous shop and almost always has a waiting period as other cars are getting the work done. I suggest you avoid Sundays at all costs (personal experience) and the weekly off is on Monday. Prior appointment highly recommended. Don't forget to get the wheels balanced & aligned 😊
sunejarahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 14:29   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Awesome alloys Aston, one of the top contenders in my list.
The Momo Next was also on the top of my list, but the Anthracite shade is not available in stock neither with Sai Mag Wheels nor any of their dealers in Bangalore.

Quote:
I had shortlisted the MOMO Next and the MOMO Quantum. Sai Mag Wheels is located roughly 3kms from my place and I have purchased HR alloys from them previously for my Ritz. Will try & include pictures of those too later tonight.

However, budgetary constraints kept me from buying the MOMO ones. I saved roughly 12,000 by going with Neo alloys and I am quite happy with the way they look. I am a fan of all black alloys in both Matte & Glossy finishes.
Lucky you! Have heard that place is a treasure house. My dealer is saying the alloy he ordered from Sai Mag Wheels will take 8 days to reach, which means it will reach only on Monday

I liked some of the designs in Momo, but a lot more in HRS. Wonder how they compare with Evo or GTR? I liked a couple of designs in GTR, but not sure of their quality.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:39   #1723

Excellent review - much better than the Auto mags as usual. Quality of macro fotos and the attention to every detail in the review is outstanding. I have the smae question about NEXA - is there a known list of towns / cities theyre gonna go to?
Old 18th September 2015, 17:01   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
I booked a Jazz VMT diesel in August. After TD-ing the S-Cross I cancelled my booking with Honda and took delivery of my Premium Silver S-Cross 200 Zeta on Sunday, 6th of September.
Quote:
After a detailed planning including change of alloys/tyres, got my S Cross - DDiS200 Zeta today.
Many congrats to both @sunejarahul and @volkman10

Great to see that the owners in the thread are increasing. And you both have managed to make the car look awesome. Kudos!!!

@sunejarahul:

Which Nexa outlet you took your delivery from? and how was the experience? I got mine from the Kailash Colony Nexa and had a wonderful experience. I am presently in Lucknow and asked my RM if they can help me with getting the registration done as I wanted to drive the vehicle back to Lucknow and yet wanted Delhi registration. They handled the whole thing smoothly and my HSR plates were also being affixed the day I took delivery. Awesome personalized service.

Last edited by ampere : 18th September 2015 at 21:45. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 18th September 2015, 19:54   #1725

One question for all those who registered in NCR. Is the registration period 10 years or is it 15 years as per Motor Vehicle act ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks