Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:15   #1816
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The car looks fabulous in those alloys. Could you share more details of the same?
Thanks very much Volkman

The alloys are from HRS, and the model is H534 in Machined Black finish.

In fact, I spoke to Gautam of Sai Mag Wheels about his opinion on how good HRS alloys are compared to the Momos and he mentioned that he was using the HRS ones on his Vento.
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:51   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hello friends,

Finally got my alloys and tyres changed at Sai Iyengar tyres. I ended up choosing the Goodyear Assurances.
Congrats and the Alloys are qwesome and adds a lot of character to the SCross. Good choice

And HRS Alloys are good ones and please dont have any doubts on it Happy Mile Munching
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:59   #1818
t0m
BHPian

I bought my 1.3 Alpha from Nexa Noida and the RM Gurpreet was pretty good. Was patient enough during the entire period of pre purchase. Held on to my piece for a week since i was travelling and coupd not take delivery.

Even during test drives (i did around 3 ), he was courteous and brought the car to my office every time. I tried on different roads, right from potholed ones to tge expressway and never did he utter a word. Average TD diatance was 15-20 kms. All in all a very good pre-delivery experience.

During the delivery, things went pretty fine and i had my car within an hour of reaching the showroom. Demo was OK. During the demo as soon as the guy turned on the navigation, it displayed something like downloading POIs and then download failed. The guy quickly pressed next and when i asked what was wrong, he said nothing, it was just a setting. Guess he mistook me for a complete non technical buffoon, although i work for a mapping company for a living . Other than that the delivery process was flawless and pretty satisfying.

Will share pics after getting new alloys and some other mods i am planning.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd September 2015 at 23:36. Reason: extra smiley
t0m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:51   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
One thing i noticed about S-cross is, it looks quite big when seen in person closely. In photos it appears just another hatchback but in reality its a big car. We had one in our company parking already & when parked next to normal sedans like Fiesta classic or Honda City, size looks similar. In fact somehow it looks more roomier as well. Also one thing i noticed is it looks premier as well. Fit and finish, color quality, panel gaps etc are excellent and one can feel its premium ness for sure. It looks like a costly car

Surprisingly for Creta, in photos it looks big SUV but in reality its not that big. Photography you see. In photos i also look like hero but in reality ..
True
Check my thread for comparison pics.
Planning a size shoot out with the creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Going to take delivery of my white Alpha
Congratulations

Quote:
Hello friends,

Finally got my alloys and tyres changed at Sai Iyengar tyres. I ended up choosing the Goodyear Assurances.

With this, planned mods for stage-I (Alloys & Tyres) have been completed.

In Stage-II, which is about a month, and I'm contemplating getting seat & steering covers and 3M paint protection. Perhaps, after the first check-up. I must admit that the stock seat fabric is very much to my liking.

Stage-III would be in about 6-12 months, and that would entail projector headlamps.

For now, I'm not even thinking about a remap kit (read happy with the stock performance)
Alloys look cool I think black alloys are better suited for light coloured cars. Moreover happy to hear that you are satisfied with the stock performance.

Quote:
Will share pics after getting new alloys and some other mods i am planning.
Congrats
Waiting for the alloy pics..

Last edited by ampere : 23rd September 2015 at 23:15. Reason: Back to back post merged
Old 23rd September 2015, 22:16   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends,

For now, I'm not even thinking about a remap kit (read happy with the stock performance)
Your car looks super mate! Certainly nice to see the SCross being a popular choice amongst bhpians.

Really think you ought to have the car remapped though mate, she will be transformed into something else altogether try working out a budget for all your future mods and get the best deal you can find for each, and simply go for it after a month or so. You won't regret it and you will find yourself treasuring your car even more.

Cheers!

PS: PM me if you need any help with adding stuff to your ride, I study in B'lore at the moment and would be more than happy to help

Last edited by IshaanIan : 23rd September 2015 at 22:18.
Old 24th September 2015, 01:10   #1821
BHPian

Does anyone know if the S-Cross can be locked with the Key Fob inside (using request sensor)? It seems Creta does not allow you do lock the car with the key fob inside.
Also how does the system behave when one of the doors is open and you attempt to lock the car using request sensor or the keyfob?

Last edited by sudeepg : 24th September 2015 at 01:11. Reason: Added an additional question
Old 24th September 2015, 11:16   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Does anyone know if the S-Cross can be locked with the Key Fob inside (using request sensor)? It seems Creta does not allow you do lock the car with the key fob inside.
Also how does the system behave when one of the doors is open and you attempt to lock the car using request sensor or the keyfob?
No, you cannot lock the car through the request sensor when the key fob is inside.

If a door is open you will hear a faint alarm. You will hear this alarm even if you try to lock when the parking lights are switched on

Hope this helps
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 13:10   #1823
BHPian

I just got call from NEXA delhi, RM is saying 1 lac benefit scheme launched for SCross 1.6.
He informed me that it contains 30k royalty bonus and 70K through finance schemes. Can anybody please confirm that?
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 13:23   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
I just got call from NEXA delhi, RM is saying 1 lac benefit scheme launched for SCross 1.6.
He informed me that it contains 30k royalty bonus and 70K through finance schemes. Can anybody please confirm that?
Yes, the inevitable is here, and surprisingly this soon!

I too got a call from my RM (NEXA Gurgaon) sharing the same message - Rs. 70,000 off on the 1.6 and 30,000 exchange value for a Maruti product. And this offer is valid for this month only.
multiloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 13:34   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Attractive discount banners flashing on facebook nexa page. Most likely to be true. The royalty discount is for those who book over web I think.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:13   #1826
BHPian

Loyalty bonus is for those who already have Maruti cars in their family as per my RM.

Last edited by chaudharysaab : 24th September 2015 at 14:36.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:59   #1827
t0m
BHPian

Can anyone guide me which one is better, Pirelli P4 or P6 Four Seasons? I am not able to source the P4's. The dealer has ready P6.

Last edited by t0m : 24th September 2015 at 15:24.
Old 24th September 2015, 15:07   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone guide me which one is better, Pirelli P4 or P6 Four Seasons? I am not able to source the P4's. The dealer has ready P6.
IMO, Pirelli P4 is better.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:12   #1829
BHPian

S-Cross is a neat looking car. I had a chance to see both Ciaz and S-Cross next to each other. Left me wondering, where would one put their money. It will be interesting to see if sale of Ciaz cannibalizes that of S-Cross or vice-versa.
Old 24th September 2015, 17:20   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Mixed bag of reviews if you google for them. Honestly, do you need a tyre that you want to use for summers, monsoons and snow? I think first two is primarily what we people require and there are tons of other brands out there providing better options.

If you want to play it safe, go with Bridgestone. Michelins I'm sure you are aware of, there's a lot of talk going on in this thread itself. You can also look at Continental MC5. With Yokohama, check out the DB series.

I know it's a crossover but these options should be good enough considering the roads we drive on.

And decide based on your priorities - Comfort, Grip, Longevity, Price etc.

PS: The recently uploaded Polo GT TDI - Leh travelogue (it's on the home page), the car was running on Michelin P3STs. So now I am even more confident about the brilliant quality of P3STs.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 24th September 2015 at 17:31.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed