Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 18:01   #1831
t0m
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post

PS: The recently uploaded Polo GT TDI - Leh travelogue (it's on the home page), the car was running on Michelin P3STs. So now I am even more confident about the brilliant quality of P3STs.
Michelin P3ST it is. Being fitted as i am typing this. Thanks everyone for bearing with me and my unending questions .
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 18:25   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
I just got call from NEXA delhi, RM is saying 1 lac benefit scheme launched for SCross 1.6.
He informed me that it contains 30k royalty bonus and 70K through finance schemes. Can anybody please confirm that?
Got a call from Nexa Ahmedabad. The RM was saying a maximum of Rs 90,000 offer on the top model of ddis320. And, the offer is only for two days. Going there tomorrow to see how things will work out
sreepathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 21:41   #1833
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Michelin P3ST it is. Being fitted as i am typing this. Thanks everyone for bearing with me and my unending questions .
And I was thinking how much difference would a tyre upgrade make. Cushioned drive actually, worth the 20k I paid to upgrade to the Michelin P3ST.
Old 24th September 2015, 22:59   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
Got a call from Nexa Ahmedabad. The RM was saying a maximum of Rs 90,000 offer on the top model of ddis320. And, the offer is only for two days. Going there tomorrow to see how things will work out
The two lacs difference for that awesome DDiS 320 is palatable. Even I got a call from my RM regarding the 90,000 offer on the top end model. If an exchange is happening, the benefits are further taken to 1.20 lacs, which in my books makes it more VFM compared to Creta 1.6 SX.

Maruti should officially reduce the prices for the 1.6.

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 23:31   #1835
BHPian

I was told Rs 90,000 is all inclusive. If it is Rs1.2 lakh, it becomes more interesting. Will update tomorrow
sreepathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 23:49   #1836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was told Rs 90,000 is all inclusive. If it is Rs1.2 lakh, it becomes more interesting. Will update tomorrow
They also allowed some more discounts in my case like corporate offer(10k) + 6k for Coal India employees(my dad works with CIL) and other offers were in form of MGAs. Total amount was 1.2 Lacs inclusive of all offers, definitely cash discount was lesser.

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 01:26   #1837
BHPian

Called my RM to enquire about the pending accessories. Exactly one month since delivery today. He called me back at 8:30 PM to confirm I can get it installed on Monday.
Got curious and asked him why he was still at work and believe it or not Kalyani Nexa had 38 deliveries today. I guess the holiday tomorrow and Bandh on Saturday resulted in this.
They have so far sold 300+ S Cross
Old 25th September 2015, 07:14   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
They also allowed some more discounts in my case like corporate offer(10k) + 6k for Coal India employees(my dad works with CIL) and other offers were in form of MGAs. Total amount was 1.2 Lacs inclusive of all offers, definitely cash discount was lesser.

Regards

1.2lakhs off is great price for the 320. Go for it before it becomes extinct. Sadly this looks like end of the road for the Fiat 1.6 engines in India.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 08:31   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
1.2lakhs off is great price for the 320. Go for it before it becomes extinct. Sadly this looks like end of the road for the Fiat 1.6 engines in India.
It's more like 'end of the road' for greed in India. Maruti sensed blood looking at online interest for the 1.6 and decided to make a killing, instead ended up killing the golden goose!

In fact, only yesterday I mentioned to a very senior executive of one of the reputed Maruti dealers in Bangalore that unless there was a price correction, it would be the end of the road for the 1.6!

Just wait and watch, this festival or whatever 'offer' it is called, may be 'extended' due to public demand!

PS: Maruti would not want a Kizashi repeat, would they?

Last edited by cpbopanna : 25th September 2015 at 08:32.
Old 25th September 2015, 11:02   #1840
BHPian

A rim like this from the UK version should have been here in the first place
Old 25th September 2015, 11:51   #1841
SDK
BHPian

Looks like even the 1.3 has some offers ongoing in Hyderabad.
RM called me and said there is an exchange bonus of 20K till 30th September on the 1.3.

For the 1.6 he said there is a loyalty bonus of 40K but no exchange bonus.
Was in a hurry so did not ask further details.

Last edited by SDK : 25th September 2015 at 11:55.
Old 25th September 2015, 13:54   #1842
BHPian

Went to Nexa today. Yes, the offer will run the whole month. Rs 20k offer for 1.3 and rs 40k for 1.6 for exchange. For 1.6, if one is taking finance through them then there is a rs 50000 extra offer.

I told the rm that i am looking at december for my purchase. Wanted to know if i will get the benefits if i book now and take delivery in december or january. The rm said no.

He however said there could be other offers later.

I had requested another td and had specified the time too but the rm couldn't arrange one.
Old 25th September 2015, 14:23   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Went to Nexa today. Yes, the offer will run the whole month. Rs 20k offer for 1.3 and rs 40k for 1.6 for exchange. For 1.6, if one is taking finance through them then there is a rs 50000 extra offer.

I told the rm that i am looking at december for my purchase. Wanted to know if i will get the benefits if i book now and take delivery in december or january. The rm said no.

He however said there could be other offers later.

I had requested another td and had specified the time too but the rm couldn't arrange one.
Yes you summarized the discounts aptly. If in case no exchange we get discount of 50k only with finance option. Same rule applies for 20k on 1.3.

It's very sad to see that MSIL is offering discounts just after 1.5 months from launch of the product. I know they were not concerned about the sales of 1.6 during the launch as well due to high import and royalty costs to FIAT. But they created window of opportunity for the enthusiasts like us to get hands on that 1.6, but the pricing ruined it for us. Personally i was following S-Cross for that 1.6 engine from last December and settled for better overall package Creta SX(O) at 17 lacs compared to S-Cross 1.6 at 17.8 lacs on road Bangalore. I was speaking to RM from NEXA Kalyani Bangalore, he informed me that they have delivered only 4 units of 1.6 so far and 70+ 1.3. It would have been awesome if they had offered at least better price for 1.6 right from the start and then based on demand they could have worked towards margin just like ecosport did, rather than offering discounts so early after launch and struggling to clear hardly 3200+ engines they have imported so far. I would have bought it even at 15.5 to 16 lacs on road Bangalore.
TorqueManR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:35   #1844
BHPian

Happened to test drive the S cross 1.6 alpha today. Believe me it is one piece of crap I have ever driven. It's only marginally better than ertiga. Price of 17.7 lacs on road in Bangalore is uncalled for. It's just a sedan posing like a SUV. The storme with 4wd is a killer. People call it expensive... Indian public are harsh towards Tata and buy such crap like s cross :(. God save the Indian public.
I remember when aria top end with 6 airbags and ecap certification and with AWD was quoted for 17 lakhs, public said its costly :(
I would any day buy a 4x4 storme over this crap !!

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 28th September 2015 at 07:47. Reason: Dotty post
power ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 22:18   #1845
BHPian

I have been following this post since the official review and observe that almost all owners have opted for a tire change. Here we have to consider all the non members as well who come to BHP for a non biased review and follow the discussion.

Is JK tyre bad and the change a must? I don't think so. The JK Elanzo are hard compound tires optimized for running for a long time and providing higher fuel efficiency.

Who should consider changing the tires? Only those who use the car a lot on highways, in snow, in rainy areas, and ghat sections need a change.

For normal usage these tires are as good as they come.

Hope this provides a perspective for those considering a Change immediately post purchase.

Most Viewed