Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 23:47   #1846

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Response to S Cross 1.6 being considered as over priced:

The concept here is simple. The brand NEXA is premium and once the brand has been established, people will stop bothering about the pricing and enjoy the quality what it has on offer.

To understand this concept in an easy way, let me take the example of a branded Fast Food chain "Subway" . It gives the healthiest hamburgers and we never see any customer looking into the pricing and ordering food in here. They are interested in the bread, sauces, veggies and cheese that they would prefer. Noteworthy aspect here is, Subway is not an outlet meant for wealthy class alone.

Another example for further clarity: Why do people buy BMW or Merc and do not discuss about the pricing part? It is because of the brand value, because of the quality it has on offer.

High performance with low maintenance with trusted Maruti Suzuki Service outlets all over India makes it worth buy. Over a period of time, it is a well known fact that Maruti Suzuki vehicle gives maximum returns in the form of fuel economy, service savings, service part replacements and resale. Also, the quality of suspensions, interiors, technology, all four wheel disc brakes, HID auto kit etc are all premium in S Cross.

Premium set of customers is what Maruti Suzuki is specifically concentrating on. I would like to state that 1.6 litre engine is for those people who are ready to invest on quality product and create an above ordinary feel.

I do not agree that 1.6 is not here to stay and its story in India is all over. NEXA team is way too experienced and filled with quality brains to let go customers. The team is still stabilizing and is in the budding stage though. Certain filtering and refining of team NEXA is all that is needed.

Hope my line of thought is agreeable to the larger, practical minds in here.

Keep revving.
Tharunvbhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 23:50   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post

Is JK tyre bad and the change a must? I don't think so. The JK Elanzo are hard compound tires optimized for running for a long time and providing higher fuel efficiency.

Who should consider changing the tires? Only those who use the car a lot on highways, in snow, in rainy areas, and ghat sections need a change.

For normal usage these tires are as good as they come.
Sorry to correct you, the JK tires are as bad as they come .

Ask me, I am suffering with MRF tires which came with the car. The car tyres screech and torque steer on medium to hard acceleration - this on a Figo with 68 horsepower. The vehicle still has good grip and dynamics but the crexit would go to Ford. With a tyre change , my Figo will be a different animal.

Earlier, I had swithced from Bridgestone to Continental tyres on my Santro which simply transformed my car.
Old 26th September 2015, 00:25   #1848
BHPian

My friend the point of my post is more towards should everyone consider a tire change.

I think for somebody who predominantly drives the car in the city there is no need to change the tire
Old 26th September 2015, 02:38   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
My friend the point of my post is more towards should everyone consider a tire change.

I think for somebody who predominantly drives the car in the city there is no need to change the tire
Should everyone consider a tyre change? No. The new ones cost a bomb and the existing ones will go for peanuts. Most buyers wouldn't care upgrading. Team BHP owners of the S Cross are different from the rest. A lot of people would find upgrading a new tyre as downright stupid but they don't know the importance of good tyres.

But if one can afford them , they should go for them . City driving only is not an excuse. My car wheel spins even while taking u turns quickly. Its that bad. I am planning on moving out of town or buying a new car if I stay put and in any case my parents would be using my car -not so enthusiastic drivers. Otherwise I would have got my tyres changed long back.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 26th September 2015 at 02:44.
Old 26th September 2015, 09:32   #1850

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
It's more like 'end of the road' for greed in India. Maruti sensed blood looking at online interest for the 1.6 and decided to make a killing, instead ended up killing the golden goose!

In fact, only yesterday I mentioned to a very senior executive of one of the reputed Maruti dealers in Bangalore that unless there was a price correction, it would be the end of the road for the 1.6!

Just wait and watch, this festival or whatever 'offer' it is called, may be 'extended' due to public demand!

PS: Maruti would not want a Kizashi repeat, would they?
Honestly, I believe Maruti Suzuki is having a future vision. It is a proven statistics that people today are ready to spend more if they get the quality and service they desire. Today's global customer looks for pampering and brand before buying a product. Maruti Suzuki NEXA is trying to build a brand, bring premiumness in their approach towards customers and not just concentrate on sale numbers. If selling was the only intention and compete with Creta, S Cross could have been launched in the regular Maruti Suzuki outlets which are spread across the lengths and breadths of the country.

Statistics:

Nearly 680 Maruti Suzuki dealers in India. If each dealership sold 15 cars a month, S Cross numbers would be no match and no competition!
But, it is the bigger vision of Maruti Suzuki that I am excited about.

With regard to the offers for S Cross, it is based on the genuine feedbacks given by the NEXA team that made Maruti Suzuki come out with a finance assistance of Rs 50,000 for those opting for loan plus a loyalty bonus of Rs 40,000. This is to re-ensure the faith on Maruti Suzuki customers that Maruti Suzuki is open to feedbacks and improvements.
Old 26th September 2015, 09:47   #1851
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharunvbhatt View Post
Nearly 680 Maruti Suzuki dealers in India.

With regard to the offers for S Cross, it is based on the genuine feedbacks given by the NEXA team
AFAIK, Maruti Suzuki had 1500 dealerships pan India. Nexa team has given the management at Maruti honest feedback regarding the exorbitant pricing of the 1.6L that acted negatively to the booking numbers. Many shifted to Creta or Duster or went ahead with 1.3L variant. The SAs at both the Nexa's said the same.

I am pretty sure the discounts will increase further as Maruti is facing heat in all direction that is being thrown by its competition. It's time to revise the pricing of the 1.6L variant.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2015 at 07:34. Reason: Typo
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 10:47   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Nexa team has given the management at Maruti honest feedback regarding the exorbitant pricing of the 1.6L that acted negatively to the booking numbers. Many shifted to Creta or Duster or went ahead with 1.3L variant.

I am pretty sure the discounts will increase further as Maruti is facing heat in all direction that is being thrown by its competition. It's time to revise the pricing of the 1.6L variant.
If that really happens, it is going to put off a lot of people:

1. Folks who paid that exhorbitant amount and bought the 1.6
2. Folks who wanted to get 1.6, but instead 1.3 due to the high pricing.

It surely is going to tick me off since I fall in the second category. When will the blokes at Maruti realize not to make the same mistakes that several other manufacturers make?

Last edited by sudeepg : 26th September 2015 at 10:47. Reason: typo
Old 26th September 2015, 11:36   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
If that really happens, it is going to put off a lot of people:

1. Folks who paid that exhorbitant amount and bought the 1.6
2. Folks who wanted to get 1.6, but instead 1.3 due to the high pricing.

It surely is going to tick me off since I fall in the second category. When will the blokes at Maruti realize not to make the same mistakes that several other manufacturers make?
Dear sudeepg - Understand your position. I think if MSL are offering discounts or planning to reduce the price on the 1.6 then I think it should be appreciated as the 1.6 was clearly over-priced. I think they got the pricing wrong on the 1.6 one and if that's being corrected then it's a good one .
searacer932 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 12:45   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I think if MSL are offering discounts or planning to reduce the price on the 1.6 then I think it should be appreciated as the 1.6 was clearly over-priced. I think they got the pricing wrong on the 1.6 one and if that's being corrected then it's a good one .
I am 100% in agreement with you on this. It's a good move and I am in favour of it since it benefits potential buyers, but think about the money people who bought the 1.6 have lost or folks like me who have lost the opportunity to purchase a better car. People don't buy cars every year and wrong pricing cuts off people from purchasing a better car. Maruti is not a new entrant to our market and I fail to understand why they got the pricing wrong. The least they should do is think of compensating people who have already bought the 1.6 by paying an unwanted premium (a rebate on next car purchase? Freebies?), if not folks like me. Maybe that is unrealistic, but that's just my opinion.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 13:21   #1855
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
I have been following this post since the official review and observe that almost all owners have opted for a tire change. Here we have to consider all the non members as well who come to BHP for a non biased review and follow the discussion.
I upgraded 3 days back to Michelin P3 ST and trust me the difference is remarkable. The car is much more grounded, stable and much reduced noise. The JK ones are i believe SUV range for JK, built to withstand the vigours of harsh driving rather than comfort. I am happy even after spending an additional 20k after the buyback.

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2015 at 13:38. Reason: Reduced sections of quoted post
Old 26th September 2015, 13:24   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am 100% in agreement with you on this. It's a good move and I am in favour of it since it benefits potential buyers, but think about the money people who bought the 1.6 have lost or folks like me who have lost the opportunity to purchase a better car. People don't buy cars every year and wrong pricing cuts off people from purchasing a better car. Maruti is not a new entrant to our market and I fail to understand why they got the pricing wrong. The least they should do is think of compensating people who have already bought the 1.6 by paying an unwanted premium (a rebate on next car purchase? Freebies?), if not folks like me. Maybe that is unrealistic, but that's just my opinion.
There is always that risk when being the first few buyers of a new product. It works both ways, so you just got to live with it. Otherwise, waiting 6 months to a year to see if there are any bugs and reliability issues, and for the pricing and demand to stabilize is the safer option.
Old 26th September 2015, 13:34   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Happened to test drive the S cross 1.6 alpha today. Believe me it is one piece of crap I have ever driven. It's only marginally better than ertiga. Price of 17.7 lacs on road in Bangalore is uncalled for. It's just a sedan posing like a SUV. The storme with 4wd is a killer... People call it expensive... Indian public are harsh towards Tata and buy such crap like s cross :(. God save the Indian public...
I remember when aria top end with 6 airbags and ecap certification and with AWD was quoted for 17 lakhs, public said its costly :(
I would any day buy a 4x4 storme over this crap !!
In many other States, Alpha on-road comes to 15L so its not really Marutis fault if KA State is charging you more tax. My belief is that if a State is asking high tax but not providing good roads then I would avoid buying a car in that State because they are stealing your money.

About your test drive experience - its very blunt. Care to elaborate more? See my test drive post > here.

No one is calling it an SUV, not even Maurti, it is a modern capable soft-roader and there is nothing wrong with that! (infact its the Creta that is pretending to be an SUV)

Although s-cross has some issues, I am sure, overall, these are one of those cars that spend least number of hours in a workshop and more on the road!

Last edited by aerohit : 26th September 2015 at 13:52.
Old 26th September 2015, 15:52   #1858

Quote:
AFAIK, Maruti Suzuki had 1500 dealerships pan India. Nexa team has given the management at Maruti honest feedback regarding the exorbitant pricing of the 1.6L that acted negatively to the booking numbers. Many shifted to Creta or Duster or went ahead with 1.3L variant. The SA soon I some at both the Nexa's said the same.

Dear Anurag, going by your figure of 1500 dealerships, if each dealership sold just three 1.6 S Cross engines, 4,500 1.6 engines would have been sold by now. Finding three 1.6 customers for 1500 dealerships would not have been such a tough task. This would have made 1.6 S Cross a run away hit in the market. Isn't it? Then where is the question of discounts? What I am trying to say here is, it is not the pressure from competition that MSIL has offered discounts, it is purely based on the respect for NEXA team and their feedback. They respect the NEXA opinion.
Old 26th September 2015, 17:12   #1859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
AFAIK, Maruti Suzuki had 1500 dealerships pan India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharunvbhatt View Post
Dear Anurag, going by your figure of 1500 dealerships, if each dealership sold just three 1.6 S Cross engines, 4,500 1.6 engines would have been sold by now. Finding three 1.6 customers for 1500 dealerships would not have been such a tough task.
1500 dealers is the number of Maruti dealers and not Nexa. Pan India there are around 50 Nexa dealers. This will increase to 100 by April 2016.

Maruti dealer cannot sell the S-cross. It can only be sold through a Nexa dealership.
Old 26th September 2015, 17:29   #1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
1500 dealers is the number of Maruti dealers and not Nexa. Pan India there are around 50 Nexa dealers. This will increase to 100 by April 2016.

Maruti dealer cannot sell the S-cross. It can only be sold through a Nexa dealership.
Exactly! That is my point. if selling was the intention, MSIL could have used the existing 1500 dealerships to sell S Cross. It is offering S Cross to customers via exclusive Maruti Suzuki NEXA showrooms to provide that Exclusive buying experience to the customers. Hence, MSIL is clearly not looking at numbers, it is looking to build a brand, improve quality and build relationships. With the establishment of a brand, with relationship growing, global customers will be proud to be associated with premium brand of MSiL. Easier said than done, I agree alot of hard work to be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks