Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 20:34   #1921
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Don't forget the color options. I would have gone for a black or red anytime. Seen a couple of videos with red and blacks and boy they look killer.
Agreed, blue is next best. This car looks rugged with steel wheels!

Old 29th September 2015, 22:15   #1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

So if I dont want to use the reverse parking sensor, I can switch it off? Does it switch off the reverse camera also?
Please post a snap of the gear lever also.

The P parking sensor switch turns on/off the display of which sensor is closest to an object, on the tft display. However the parking sensors still beep and work regardless of this switch. It does not switch off the camera.

Just ran into something - there is a Nexa app on the android play store. It's pretty handy - once you set it up, you can book service appointments, see your service history, has a service cost estimator, etc.

Last edited by ampere : 30th September 2015 at 07:43. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 29th September 2015, 23:18   #1923
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_maverik View Post
Just ran into something - there is a Nexa app on the android play store. It's pretty handy - once you set it up, you can book service appointments, see your service history, has a service cost estimator, etc.
Another useful app. Search for Suzuki Remote Control on the Android Play Store. Download the app and convert your android cellphone into a full remote for your S-Cross Infotainment System. Works like a charm.

Should be available for Iphones and Windows phones as well, owners can confirm.

Last edited by t0m : 29th September 2015 at 23:23.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 23:45   #1924
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Creta is a run away success in our 'looks' crazy nation.

Post the discounts of 70K, I still feel S Cross is overpriced for both their 1.3 & 1.6 variants.
I'm sure S Cross will go the Tata Aria way. Expecting more discounts.
Well Creta has a lot more going for it than mere looks!

Agreed, post discounts also I don't feel the need to go & check out the vehicle from a buyers pov.

Me too, its got a dud written large over it, as the initial (little) euphoria dies down, this vehicle is sure to fade down as just another dud Maruti luxury segment car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
These discounts do not seem to be significant. Also the reason may not be due to lack of popularity. Rather it may be due to many people postponing their buying decision from September to October for auspicious reasons.
"Not Significant"!!! A lakh or more on a new launch It just goes to show that the car is a market dud.

"Lack of popularity", you nailed it & its not without a reason.

Get me a deal on Creta, I will believe your argument.

Btw those keen on the vehicle should definitely fight hard for further discounts on the vehicle. It will also go a long way absorbing(offset) some of the resale crash(in some cases).
Old 30th September 2015, 00:03   #1925
t0m
BHPian

Check out these links.

Pan India Car Sales data July 2015
http://management-punditz.blogspot.i...-2015.html?m=1

Pan India Car Sales data August 2015

If these are to be believed S-Cross registered a three fold increase in the sales figures (1510 to 4602) while Creta is stagnant at around 7000 units per month. So S-Cross with 35 NEXA showrooms vs Hyundai Sales network, doesn't look like a market dud to me.

Disclaimer: i haven't verified these yet, just stumbled across these so sharing here.

Last edited by t0m : 30th September 2015 at 00:10.
Old 30th September 2015, 01:24   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Check out these links.

Pan India Car Sales data July 2015

Pan India Car Sales data August 2015

If these are to be believed S-Cross registered a three fold increase in the sales figures (1510 to 4602) while Creta is stagnant at around 7000 units per month. So S-Cross with 35 NEXA showrooms vs Hyundai Sales network, doesn't look like a market dud to me.

Disclaimer: i haven't verified these yet, just stumbled across these so sharing here.
The sales numbers that we refer are the dispatches from factory and not the actual sales at the dealerships.

S-Cross is launched slightly later than Creta which is why there is an increase in the sales number for SCross. Maruti might have produced less in July and increased the production in August after the vehicle is launched. With high number of bookings for Creta before launch, Hyundai had planned higher production for Creta in July itself.

Note: I'm not arguing on Sales Dud part of your comment and am hoping both S Cross and Creta to not do too well, considering the overpriced launch for both of them.
Old 30th September 2015, 01:26   #1927
BHPian

Similar update regarding massive on-going discounts have been shared by Indianautosblog.com . Quoting their article -

Quote:
In Delhi-NCR, Gurgaon, Mumbai and Chennai, the Maruti S-Cross is available with discounts ranging from INR 20,000 – INR 1,00,000 for the 1.3-litre DDiS 200 variants, while customers interested in the more-powerful 1.6-litre DDiS 320 variants can avail benefits between INR 70,000 and INR 90,000, and a loyalty bonus of INR 30,000 – INR 40,000 on the exchange of older Maruti vehicles.
These discounts can be availed latest by September 30, 2015. However, dealers are offering the option to customers of placing an order within the limited period for a token amount of Rs. 11,000, so as to avail the offers and decide on a variant at a later time.
Applying the loyalty bonus of about 30,000 along with a 90,000 regular discount on the 1.6DDiS, makes it a whooping 1.2Lakhs. That is an astonishing discount for a car which was launched not more than 2 months ago in the market. Immediate price corrections on the ex-showroom prices rather than giving hefty discounts can prevent this product from becoming a slow mover off the Nexa dealerships. Rest, Maruti Suzuki understands the Indian market better than most of the other players in the game.
Old 30th September 2015, 06:48   #1928

Quote:
Another useful app. Search for Suzuki Remote Control on the Android Play Store. Download the app and convert your android cellphone into a full remote for your S-Cross Infotainment System. Works like a charm.

Was not able to find Suzuki remote control on the android play store. Is that the exact name?
Old 30th September 2015, 07:13   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
"Not Significant"!!! A lakh or more on a new launch It just goes to show that the car is a market dud.
It is only 20K on 200 DDiS and about 1 L on 320 DDiS which is anyway overpriced. Also as i mentioned there are similar offers from different car companies in this month. You will have to wait for another 2-3 months to make that judgement.
Old 30th September 2015, 07:38   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_maverik View Post
Was not able to find Suzuki remote control on the android play store. Is that the exact name?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.rcconn&hl=en

Try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
A few observations from pictures of UK version missing in Indian version

Pic 1 - What is DUAL on AC module? Is this rear AC?
Pic 2 - I guess these are for ESP
Pic 3 - Notice window switches are illuminated, also the START/STOP button is illuminated. Is it the same in India version?
Pic 4 - What is this?
Pic 5 - Rear fog light is missing in India (already covered in official review)
Pic 6 - Baby seat mounts are visible but missing in India
1. DUAL refers to the dual zone AC, it is possible to set a different temperature for the left and right side vents. For example the driver can have the set temperature as 23 while the passenger can have it at 18.
2. Yes that is the ESP off switch.

This brochure is on the S cross UK site. Some nice accessories for the S cross, hopefully Maruti provides the same here too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sx4_s_cross_e_brochure.pdf (1.67 MB, 6164 views)

Last edited by batterylow : 30th September 2015 at 07:55. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 07:54   #1931
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
The sales numbers that we refer are the dispatches from factory and not the actual sales at the dealerships.

S-Cross is launched slightly later than Creta which is why there is an increase in the sales number for SCross. Maruti might have produced less in July and increased the production in August after the vehicle is launched. With high number of bookings for Creta before launch, Hyundai had planned higher production for Creta in July itself.

Note: I'm not arguing on Sales Dud part of your comment and am hoping both S Cross and Creta to not do too well, considering the overpriced launch for both of them.
With due respect, i disagree with your assertion. The S-Cross currently has a waiting period of 3-4 weeks. So I would assume that all cars being shipped have already been booked and would be delivered within days they reach the showrooms.

As for the numbers here, any car that sells around 62% vehicles as compared to one that's being proclaimed a 'runaway success' is doing pretty well, in my humble opinion. Just bear in mind that most tier 2 and tier 3 cities don't have NEXA showrooms as yet and people can't even test drive the car if they want to as compared to Hyundai which has a huge footprint across the country. I would just imagine the difference in the sales figures had S-Cross been available for viewing and test drive in all Suzuki showrooms across India. I am sure it would have given the 'runaway success' a run for it's money. I think Suzuki chose to market it's new brand using a new car and not the other way round. Was that the right move or did they stop the S-Cross from realizing it's true potential, only time will tell.

Last edited by t0m : 30th September 2015 at 07:57.
Old 30th September 2015, 07:56   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Unfortunately, there is not single ownership report on s-cross till now in the Initial Ownership section

You do have one for the 1.3. May be not for the 1.6
Old 30th September 2015, 08:37   #1933
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Without going into the figures, no company will offer big discounts on a product they are able to move off the showrooms readily. There is certainly a lack of demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
It is only 20K on 200 DDiS and about 1 L on 320 DDiS which is anyway overpriced.
Discounts on a new launch signifies just one thing, the vehicle ain't doing fine. Coming months will only see a swell in this figure. The figures they are getting still is initial launch euphoria, imaging once this gets done with, this car could just be another Baleno/Altura, Vitara, Kizashi, etc...
Old 30th September 2015, 08:44   #1934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The figures they are getting still is initial launch euphoria, imaging once this gets done with, this car could just be another Baleno/Altura, Vitara, Kizashi, etc...

What you are predicting may or may not be true, let us await a few months for the sales to stabilize.
Also Maruti was aware the S Cross was just to show their entry to the CUV segment and that is why it was so retailed at Nexa outlets.

If they sell 4K units through Nexa outlets I don't think it can be termed a failure.

DDiS200 (Zeta) is having a waiting period of 6-8 weeks in Banagalore

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2015 at 08:51.
Old 30th September 2015, 08:47   #1935
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Without going into the figures, no company will offer big discounts on a product they are able to move off the showrooms readily. There is certainly a lack of demand.

Discounts on a new launch signifies just one thing, the vehicle ain't doing fine. Coming months will only see a swell in this figure. The figures they are getting still is initial launch euphoria, imaging once this gets done with, this car could just be another Baleno/Altura, Vitara, Kizashi, etc...
Well that depends on the company and their marketing strategy, there's no thumb rule here. Maybe they actually heard the crowd and did some sort of price correction. Maybe they want to cash on the festive season with the discounts. Anyways, I won't call 20K as a huge discount that too as loyalty bonus.

And my friend, figures dont lie, perceptions might make you believe otherwise, but I would believe the numbers more than perceptions.

Not because I have bought the car but because I have driven it well enough, I am sure it's a 'lambi race the ghoda'. It has the quality and the 1.3 pricing is just perfect. Just because it's a Maruti, we should not lament about the pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks