Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:22   #3481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
If any of you visit Bimal Auto, Whitefiled, please be careful and ensure you get your car completely checked before you leave the service center.
Sensing this, I always give instructions to the SA for not cleaning the interiors of the car. I get them done at 3M only!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 20:16   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Had a bad experience with service at Bimal Auto, Whitefield. E
----------
If any of you visit Bimal Auto, Whitefiled, please be careful and ensure you get your car completely checked before you leave the service center.
Put a lot of newspaper (multiple layers) on the carpet. Keep changing it till they keep getting wet. Finally leave a few layers on the carpet overnight with Windows lowered a bit. Should help.
@viral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:08   #3483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I think you should immediately contact your dealer and secure a car if it's still available. We can only speculate here on the actual ground situation.

OTOH, I'm not sure how much the increase actually is, but considering the quotes you have already obtained, it should still be better than the launch price
Working on it. Dealer said prices are still the same but can't say for how long.

Can someone make something like this thread I made on teamfiat?
http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/punt...er-pics.15348/
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:37   #3484
BHPian

Hello every one. This is my first post in Team BHP forum. I'm a proud owner of Zeta 1.3 which has completed around 10000 KMs. (Third service is due.) I had taken the delivery during the 3rd week of August 2015. So far did three long trips from Bangalore.
1. Bangalore - Kollur (Mookambika Temple)
2. Bangalore - Thrissur (Kerala)
3. Bangalore - Mumbai
Pretty satisfied with the way the vehicle handles on highways as well as during my daily commute of 50 KMs in the highly congested Bangalore traffic. In Bangalore city, I do get an average of 19-20 KM/L (100% AC, 23 Deg C) and the last Mumbai trip returned an Avg of 23 KM/L.

Had faced a peculiar issue in the first week of ownership. Will explain that later as it is a very long story. The issue was the vehicle refusing to start (Was in front of a traffic signal once) and giving the message "Key fob not detected". This had happened thrice and later was addressed by Bimal Auto / Maruti to my satisfaction.
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 00:30   #3485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hello every one. This is my first post in Team BHP forum. I'm a proud owner of Zeta 1.3 which has completed around 10000 KMs. (Third service is due.) I had taken the delivery during the 3rd week of August 2015. So far did three long trips from Bangalore.
1. Bangalore - Kollur (Mookambika Temple)
2. Bangalore - Thrissur (Kerala)
3. Bangalore - Mumbai
Pretty satisfied with the way the vehicle handles on highways as well as during my daily commute of 50 KMs in the highly congested Bangalore traffic. In Bangalore city, I do get an average of 19-20 KM/L (100% AC, 23 Deg C) and the last Mumbai trip returned an Avg of 23 KM/L.

Had faced a peculiar issue in the first week of ownership. Will explain that later as it is a very long story. The issue was the vehicle refusing to start (Was in front of a traffic signal once) and giving the message "Key fob not detected". This had happened thrice and later was addressed by Bimal Auto / Maruti to my satisfaction.
19-20 in Bangalore traffic are pretty good numbers with AC on.

Was it a dead battery in the key? There must be an alternative or you could get stuck in the middle of nowhere with the car not starting. Scary!
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:30   #3486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
19-20 in Bangalore traffic are pretty good numbers with AC on.

Was it a dead battery in the key? There must be an alternative or you could get stuck in the middle of nowhere with the car not starting. Scary!
The first time this happeneed was about a week into the proud ownership of my 1.3 Zeta Titanium beauty. Those who are familiar with Bangalore would know how good / bad the morning traffic in most part of the city on a weekday. I was on my way to office (from whitefield to E City) around 8:30 AM and was at Kundalahalli gate. My car was the first in line at the signal. This signal is almost 3 minutes duration during morning hours, and as a responsible citizen, who do not want to add more pollution into the environment, I switched off the engine. The vehicle was in the aux position (ie, without depressing the clutch, if you press the pushbutton twice - Music on and all display in the console on). I was enjoying the attention from people around as my car was among the first lot in bangalore which got deliverd just after the launch. (Got the delivery on 17th Aug).

And here it go. The signal turned Green. With all the enthusiasm available, I pressed the Clutch - Brake and pressed the pushbutton. Oh my God... the car gives a "beep beep" sound and something was flasing on the MID in bright yellow letters. "Key fob not detected". I used to keep the key in the right hand side pocket (Near the Pushbutton / parking / fog light switches). Thought some thing might be wrong and it will be ok if I try again. By this time, people behind started honking and you all know how they behave if some one who is in the starting of a junction signal did not move when the light turned Green.

With all courage gathered, tried again. Aghast. The car is simply refusing to start and the same message flashing continously. It was not my day and people started to abuse me with all kind of the bad words and their angry looks. I was successful to keep the traffic on hold till the signal turned Red again. I turned on the hazard light (I was left with no other option) and then I noticed a policeman running towards me from the opposite side. "Oh man. you have the second round of abuse". I said to myself. I was preparing myself for the onslaught from the law enforcement officer and I slowly downed the window. to my surprise, the policeman in a clam voice said. "Sir, do not panic. Do not listen to the people who are honking at you. relax and try to start again. You have another 3 minutes before the signal turns green. If this does not start, I have to call a towing truck". I felt very relaxed, as I never expected a policeman to behave in this manner to a guy who created a long traffic snarl at a busy junction. Kudos to him and Bangalore police. But the relaxation vanished into thin air in no time. The car was very adamant and it was telling me again and again that "what ever you do, I'm not going to budge and will not start". I gave up and the policeman started calling for the towing truck. I thought, to the last one time, let me try. Praising all the beloved Gods in mind, I pushed the button for one last time. Oh God.. the car started.

By this time the signal turned Green and I expressed my gratitude towards the policeman and started to move. Two people who were behind me (in cars) quickly overtook me and gave me another dose of bad words and sped away.

I was afraid to stop the vehicle to the rest of my travel and did not switch it off even once. At the office, the security checks the boot of the car before you are allowed inside to park. Generally, I do not switch off the vehicle for the security to check the boot as it is a matter of few seconds. The vehicle was in neutral with enging running and hand brake applied. I opened the boot and the security person checked and closed the boot. I took the vehicle forward, again the same message started flashing on the MID "Key fob not detected" this time the vehicle was running but the message continued to flash. I parked the car and rushed to office as I was running late for a meeting. It was a busy day and I did not have much time to think about the issue any-more.

In the evening, I started the vehicle (No issues, smooth starting) and was on my way back home. In a turning (In a very low traffic cross lane which connects Hosur Road & Parappana Agrahara Road) a bike suddenly jumped to my front side. I was in 2nd gear and may be 20-25 KM speed. Braked the car suddenly and in that process, the engine stalled and stopped. Here goes it again. The car is not starting and giving me the same error. After multiple repeated attempts, the car started and reached home. Got into some client calls and it was late so thought of calling the Relationship Manager next day.

In the morning at around 7:30, I started the car and the same problem again. I called up the RM and he immediately responded. Send a driver home to pick up the vehicle. By this time, I had tried again and the car started. Tried many times and each time car started perfectly. But I was not ready to take chances because of the bad experience at the signal previous day.

The driver came and took the car to service centre. Within half an our, I got the call from the service manager at the dealership and I explained all sequence of events in detail. He could not diagnose the problem and they tried to replicate the issue by starting the vehicle multiple times and each time the car started without any hiccup. Since my car was first among the early lots and as it is S-Cross was a new launch, they recommended to get the car inspected by Maruti Service Engineers. This process was expected to take couple of days, but I was OK because I did not want the car back into my hands without actually knowing what and where it went wrong.

The next two days, had multiple interactions with the Service guys and I explained everything in minute detail. When they connected the car with diagnostic program, it was clearly indicating the three non start events in car's logs. They reinstalled the software to make sure everything is ok with the software side. Ultimately came up with the diagnosis that a coupler in the feedback mechanism (not very clear where it resides) was loose and tightened it back. I got the vehicle back on third day and till date, it has not given any other problems. Another suggestion given to me was NOT to keep the key fob in the pocket just below the push-button. Advised me to keep the key fob always in the cup holder near the handbrake.

This post is in no way to highlight the problem with the car, rather I take it as a prompt response from the dealer and Maruti service personnel. I can agree that a new vehicle having some issues in the beginning and my car happened to be one among that. It's OK. I enjoy the car to every possible levels.

On a lighter note, even though the problem never appeared again, many a time, I'm still sceptical to switch off the engine in dense traffic signals. Once bitten twice shy.

All of you have a great day ahead.

Regards,
Sree
Sree73 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:31   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Working on it. Dealer said prices are still the same but can't say for how long.

Can someone make something like this thread I made on teamfiat?
http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/punt...er-pics.15348/
Here you go. Have the frontal shots only at the moment.

IMO, Maruti should have offered better shades, Black, Red probably.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-blue.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-brown.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-grey.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-silver.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-white.jpg  

McLaren Roxx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:43   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Here you go. Have the frontal shots only at the moment.

IMO, Maruti should have offered better shades, Black, Red probably.
Good shots. All from the same angle for better comparison. Ill try to get more shots from ownership threads and compile.

Red and Black are available in other countries and look quite good.
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:17   #3489
BHPian

@sree73.. I believe they diagnosed your problem correctly. Just out of curiosity did you try to replicate te problem again after putting the key in the same position? One thing I have noticed is if I keep mobile and key in the same pocket sometimes the request sensor on the door doesn't recognize. I thought mobile in some form was distorting or blocking the signal. So was wondering whether something blocking was there between the key and sensor.
bijujj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 00:01   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Good shots. All from the same angle for better comparison. Ill try to get more shots from ownership threads and compile.

Red and Black are available in other countries and look quite good.
I know. I really don't understand why do manufacturers still give Indian automobile market a step motherly treatment.

If Maruti would have launched S-cross with ESP, 6 airbags & AWD - features which are already a part of international s-cross, @ launch prices would have been the best selling crossover by now. But no, it got greedy.

Anyways, coming back to color options, I was checking with a Nexa RM the other day if it is possible to get the s-cross painted in a different color right at the factory (wishful thinking on my part I believe) & obviously the answer was a NO. Because getting it painted anywhere else outside the factory would never give the factory finish.

I would so love to have it painted in Red/Black!
Old 4th March 2016, 00:16   #3491
BHPian

The tail-lamp cluster looks rather good. Some Pics compiled of these.

Silver looks the best.

Last edited by ampere : 4th March 2016 at 08:05. Reason: Edited image quote to fix alignment
Old 4th March 2016, 05:28   #3492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
@sree73.. I believe they diagnosed your problem correctly. Just out of curiosity did you try to replicate te problem again after putting the key in the same position? One thing I have noticed is if I keep mobile and key in the same pocket sometimes the request sensor on the door doesn't recognize. I thought mobile in some form was distorting or blocking the signal. So was wondering whether something blocking was there between the key and sensor.
Hi bijujj, There was nothing that blocks the key and sensor. As a practice, I never keep my mobile along with the key as the strong magnetic field from the cell phone will have an effect some times on the functioning of keys.

I tried to replicate the issue multiple times after it was rectified by placing the key in the original position where it had shown the problem. This was done always at my parking lot and not in a traffic signal . Was not able to replicate the issue till date. I think they diagnosed correctly and rectified it.

If you had noticed, in my case there was another issue which I highlighted. If you drive the vehicle and stop somewhere and open the boot door (with the engine running) may be for security check at a mall / office, and once it's closed again and if you move forward, the car used to give the message "Key fob not detected". This had happened many times with the boot door and only once with the front passenger door (I gave lift to one my friends).

But, after the car was attended for this problem, it never re appeared.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 07:50   #3493
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki displays the S Cross at the Geneva Motor show with the front grill seen on the Indian version!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzuki_ginevra_2016_011.jpg

Source- BlogO
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 08:04   #3494
Senior - BHPian

I honestly feel that Maruti should bring all original Suzuki accessories for S-Cross, which are available internationally. Alloy wheels especially are pretty good on the non-Indian S-Cross.

I am sure many of us will be interested in getting those.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 08:43   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki displays the S Cross at the Geneva Motor show with the front grill seen on the Indian version!

Attachment 1482564

Source- BlogO
This is indeed a retrograde step - from the frying pan to the fire?
The original grill was so mature unlike the Indian 'bling' avatar!

Most Viewed