Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 19:42   #3616
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Will definitely ask for coupon/Voucher if they do not give. Will quote your case
Well the envelope came through courier directly from Maruti headquarters. As much as I understand it's Maruti's effort to compensate something for those unlucky initial buyers who paid list price. You got a 1.6 from launch time , you might receive a fatter gift.
sou_3749 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 20:32   #3617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
....Received mine earlier today, perhaps because mine was also a launch booking-cum-purchase. Says I'm entitled to a 2-Year/20000 KMS premium maintenance cost package...
That's a good gesture. Any idea what all are included in the premium maintenance package?
Old 12th March 2016, 20:37   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a good gesture. Any idea what all are included in the premium maintenance package?
Not sure, but will find out by Monday. I had requested the illuminated sill guards and will be going to NEXA to check them out.
Old 13th March 2016, 00:52   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi53 View Post
I am probably one of the few people leaning towards the s cross after looking at the brezza prices. I had pre booked the brezza, however the s cross 1.3 sigma is only around 40k more than the brezza vdi (O). Both these cars have similar features except for a music system. The s cross is my opinion is a much better can and is also a segment above the brezza.
I ma planning to cancel my brezza booking and go for the s cross. Need to go and figure out if there are any discounts on the s cross.
I too booked a Brezza ZDi. If its not able to provide atleast 90% of S-Cross's ride and handling then will have to rethink. Any predictions for price drops on S-Cross? Back to pre budget maybe?
Old 13th March 2016, 08:31   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I too booked a Brezza ZDi. If its not able to provide atleast 90% of S-Cross's ride and handling then will have to rethink. Any predictions for price drops on S-Cross? Back to pre budget maybe?
Doesn't look like there are going to be any price cuts in the near future. I was told there is a 30 day waiting period for a couple of variants as well. Still haven't gone to the showroom and discussed it with the nexa team though.
Old 13th March 2016, 14:56   #3621
BHPian

Anyone knows where is the OBD2 port in S-Cross. I checked it near the steering column and could not find. Help in locating the port will be highly appreciated.
Old 13th March 2016, 16:23   #3622
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone knows where is the OBD2 port in S-Cross. I checked it near the steering column and could not find. Help in locating the port will be highly appreciated.
In the SX4, it's on the left. Please check near the glove box!
Old 13th March 2016, 19:49   #3623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right next to the bonnet opening lever.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 20:26   #3624
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
This kind of refund is totally unprecedented as far as my knowledge goes but a very honest and commendable gesture towards those early buyers who took the risk. Cannot deny the hints of ridicule over the early expensive decision from friends and family when the first price drops were announced.
I am so extremely pleased to hear this!
Amazing Honest Service from a Trusted Brand!
Old 13th March 2016, 21:07   #3625
BHPian

I don't have own an Scross but have heard quite a few things from my friend about Nexa. Not sure if it was the dealer driven or Maruti driven initiatives.

Most of this was business related but it still enhances the car buyer experience. Two such initiatives were

1. There was a full fledged party thrown for all Scross buyers. The business objective was also to get reference.

2. They were giving four passes for Adlab Imagica and personally calling Scross owners. The condition was to come to the dealership and leave together in a convoy. The idea was promotion of Scross

I have never heard other dealers or car manufacturer's doing it.

On a different note, I wish Scross was a 5+2 seater like ertiga. I personally believe the sales figures would have been very different if it indeed was 5+2. The market serious lacks a competent, reliable, feature rich 5+2 crossover this side of 15 lakhs. The 1.6 zeta/alpha 5+2 would have been just perfect.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 21:18   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
I don't have own an Scross but have heard quite a few things from my friend about Nexa. Not sure if it was the dealer driven or Maruti driven initiatives.

Most of this was business related but it still enhances the car buyer experience. Two such initiatives were

1. There was a full fledged party thrown for all Scross buyers. The business objective was also to get reference.

2. They were giving four passes for Adlab Imagica and personally calling Scross owners. The condition was to come to the dealership and leave together in a convoy. The idea was promotion of Scross
Do not know any of these kinds of movement from the dealers of Bangalore. If such an initiative is here, most welcome
Old 14th March 2016, 14:46   #3627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Suzuki launches the S-Cross Limited Edition
Maruti Suzuki S-Cross limited edition launched for Rs 9.55 lakh.

Quote:
This special edition is based on the DDiS 200 Zeta variant of the S-Cross. The cosmetic changes on the exterior include chrome accents on the front bumper, a chrome garnish on the rear door, black rear spoiler and ORVMs painted in gloss black finish.
Quote:
The cabin also gets some new features starting with a new steering wheel cover. The company has also added faux carbon fibre trim around the center console, floor console and door panels. This S-Cross Limited Edition also comes with a sporty pedal pad and foot-well lamps with blue ambient lighting. The seats get new leather covers with a blue contrast stitching.
However, instead of the touchscreen audio system, the car gets a basic monochrome integrated unit.

http://www.carwale.com/news/22568-ma...s-95-lakh.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th March 2016 at 14:49.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:31   #3628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki S-Cross limited edition launched for Rs 9.55 lakh.

However, instead of the touchscreen audio system, the car gets a basic monochrome integrated unit.

[/url]
What a bummer ! 1.3 Zeta was the best variant and they have kind of degraded it, with this limited edition. I really fail to understand why Maruti removed the brilliant touchscreen system and replaced it with the basic system? Quite a silly move IMO.

By the way, one of the most irritating questions that I get asked often is "If S-Cross has same engine as Swift/Ritz/DZire, why does it cost so much?"
Old 14th March 2016, 16:47   #3629
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly, the limited edition has the cruise control.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14th March 2016, 17:22   #3630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I am not really sure if that is really the case. I say this because, Maruti has listed ABS+EBD in the feature list of both their newer cars- Baleno and Vitara Brezza. Same is the case with older cars. Only S-Cross does not have it explicitly mentioned. Could it be that S-Cross is using a newer generation ABS unit and others are not?
Hi Vigkey,

Can you please post your pictures of S-Cross with Momo Black Knights - Wanted to see how it looks , did you upsize the tires.

Last edited by ampere : 14th March 2016 at 22:46. Reason: Edited quoted content

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks