Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 22:24   #3691
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
The BREZZA alloys are available as accessories at the rate of Rs 5990/- per wheel
Wow, that is a great price for genuine accessory alloys. I am sure, they can give at least 3-4k as exchange price for the stock alloys. I wish these alloys were available when I purchased by S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
One day, I mistakenly pulled up the window glass switch when the glass was already closed. What I saw was lateral (in horizontal direction) movement of the glass and door panels (inside plastic and outside door). I saw this happened with my both the front doors, did not check the rear doors as yet.
My car also has this exact issue sagara However, I noticed it only after first service. I was randomly trying and saw the whole panel move horizontally. Even though my initial thought was that the doors also moved, I dont think the door moves - as per my repeated observation only the plastic panels move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
For some reason, I have kind of screeching noise for some minor movements in driver seat. The noise is similar to old sofa (spring cushioning) screeching. This happens even when there is little extra acceleration too. [I am not over-weight person either]
I have this issue too. I didnt feel my seat move, but there is this slight creaky noise. I noticed the noise only when there is some extra acceleration. And it cannot be reproduced at will - it happens only once in a while. I reported this issue during the first service and after a test drive and some inspection, my service assistant told me the sound came from the seat belt housing. He also confirmed he has arrested the sound. I was pretty sure it came from the seats and hence I was sure he did not do anything to stop it. Yesterday I was again able to hear the sound a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
The seats - well that happens even now. If I get into a pothole or drive across a speed breaker a bit horizontally, the seats will creak and shift from their place a bit.
Does this have something to do with the bolts that attach the seat to the body? I was very glad that there were no reported issues till I purchased the car and now, we are having common issues. Luckily these are minor ones IMO. Will take all these up again when I visit the MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Quick Update on my 1.6 Zeta: Completed 2000 kms in a month and car has been very good so far.
Few observations :

Average city FE is around 13 kmpl and highway FE is around 18 kmpl.
I have completed ~1800 kms and have very similar figures to report City mileage is around 13 and highway around 19. Nice to know it is consistent.

Quote:
Drove on mud roads for few kilometers with 5 passengers and the bottom did not scrape even once. With my SX4, underbody used to scrape every time with similar load.
Quite surprising as SX4 actually had a better ground clearance compared to S-Cross. Was the SX4 softly sprung?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Friends-getting a 2015 1.6 Alpha at 13.75 in Pune that is 90k below the current price.Is it a steal deal?I am told it's manufactured in Sep 15. Do I bargain more or take it?
I think it is a nice deal. I paid ~1 lakh more here in Bangalore 1.5 months back. Anyways, you can always bargain more and try to bring the price down further. I am quite bad at bargaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Does the vibration remain after exceeding 130 kmph or disappears after crossing a certain speed?

My 1.6 had a peculiar vibration between the band of 105 - 115 kmph. It was irritating on a 500 km long highway trip. It was resolved with alignment and rotation of tyres. I'm running the car on stock alloys.
Yes breezydrive. The vibration starts around 120 kmph where it is very mild and increases with speed. I tried up to 145 kmph and the vibration increased with speed. I could feel the vibration on my hand and if I took off my hands, the steering vibrates quite a lot (~15 degrees on both side). However, the vehicle is very stable even at these speeds. Not sure id this is a balancing / alignment issue or if there is actually some issue with the steering itself.

I am loving the brown color on the S-Cross every time I see your car. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Hello S-Cross owners. I am new over here. First of all I will like to say big thank you to all for inspiring me to buy my new car S-Cross 1.6 Alpha Urban Blue. Extremely satisfied with my new car, will do my ownership report soon.
We have the same alloys buddy. I initially felt the Momo Black Knight alloys were overdone (when I saw the alloy pics online in Sai Mag Wheels website). A google search showed many cars with the alloys and they looked really good on them. Hence I went with them and it looks really great on the S-Cross. Ive got more compliments on the alloys than for the car. And Yes, it looks equally good on a blue S-Cross as well.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 23:01   #3692
BHPian

Agreed Vigkey. Even I have received so many compliments for alloys and colour. Too many head turns every day which is unexpected for SCross (people have criticised SCross for bland looks) Black knights have completely transformed the look of the car. When I visited Saifee they had only Revenge Matte Anthracite in stock but I wanted something sober and attractive.
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 23:37   #3693
BANNED

To all Alpha owners,

Can anyone remove the HID bulb in your car from the projector and post a picture of it here.

What is the base? H4?
Old 17th March 2016, 23:58   #3694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
To all Alpha owners,

Can anyone remove the HID bulb in your car from the projector and post a picture of it here.

What is the base? H4?
Didn't understand this question? HID bulbs have a different base vs the halogen. there's no H4, H7 for HID.

It follows D1, D2, D3, D4. In side each you get 2 types; D1R or D1S. The R is for reflective housing whereas the S is for projectors.

For example the Corolla Altis uses a D4R bulb in the reflective housing for low beam only.

Only after market kits are engineered to fit in halogen housings. Philips and Osram make only D1, D2, D3, D4 bulbs.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 23:59   #3695
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Didn't understand this question? HID bulbs have a different base vs the halogen. there's no H4, H7 for HID.

It follows D1, D2, D3, D4. In side each you get 2 types; D1R or D1S. The R is for reflective housing whereas the S is for projectors.
Thanks for the information.

So S Cross what is the bulb spec?
Old 18th March 2016, 00:12   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Mod note: Post EDITED. Please watch out for the punctuation and indents, especially while typing from a mobile device. Affects readability. Thanks

Hello S-Cross owners. I am new over here. First of all I will like to say big thank you to all for inspiring me to buy my new car S-Cross 1.6 Alpha Urban Blue. Extremely satisfied with my new car, will do my ownership report soon.

Attaching teaser pictures
Whats that logo below 1.6? Is it remapped already?

Last edited by anycatd : 18th March 2016 at 00:26. Reason: typo
Old 18th March 2016, 01:00   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Whats that logo below 1.6? Is it remapped already?
Its just Supercharged Badge.ordered 5 of them & they are everywhere on car to confused lookers whether its special edition SCross or Tuned one
sahiltodankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 10:01   #3698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My S-Cross' seat belt reminder stopped working for a day and was back again. Hope it was an intermittent issue. I am nearing the 2nd service anyway. I think I should ask the SA to have a cursory look and see if all is well.
So the seat belt reminder does work, only when you start the car. Once the engine is running and say you stop at a signal, if you remove the belt now, there is no warning displayed. Also, after this the reminder never comes back and you can drive all the way without wearing seat belts. I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD, I am just highlighting the defect.

Will have to get this fixed during service.

Quote:
[b]
Hey Sahil, welcome to this wonderful forum! Your S-Cross looks great with those alloys. Start your own thread and keep it updated as much as possible for the benefit of readers.

Tyres/wheels experts:
  • Will the Brezza alloys of 215/60 R16 spec fit the S-Cross as it is?
  • As far as I understand, 205 to 215 is not too much of a change and won't affect any electronic stuff, such as odo and all.
  • Also, does anyone know what the PCD of the Brezza wheels is?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th March 2016 at 11:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 10:21   #3699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tyres/wheels experts:
  • As far as I understand, 205 to 215 is not too much of a change and won't affect any electronic stuff, such as odo and all.
Was about to pen down the same queries, apart from the PCD will the additional 10 mm cause the tyre to foul with the wheel arches when the tyre bottoms out under full load?
Old 18th March 2016, 10:42   #3700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks for the information.

So S Cross what is the bulb spec?
12V
Type D5S
25W

Part No 09471 - 12237
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 11:17   #3701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
12V
Type D5S
25W

Part No 09471 - 12237
Wow that's interesting. This is a new bulb design to reduce hid costs and get them to lower segments.

The unique feature is the lack of a separate ballast. The ballast is part of the hid bulb integrated into the headlamp assembly. That's why we never saw a ballast in the s cross or baleno.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 11:51   #3702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Quite surprising as SX4 actually had a better ground clearance compared to S-Cross. Was the SX4 softly sprung?
Not sure on the suspension setup. But the Ground clearance of both cars is 180 mm to the best of my knowledge.
In real life scenario, SCross handles bad roads way better than SX4 did.
Old 18th March 2016, 11:58   #3703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow that's interesting. This is a new bulb design to reduce hid costs and get them to lower segments.

The unique feature is the lack of a separate ballast. The ballast is part of the hid bulb integrated into the headlamp assembly. That's why we never saw a ballast in the s cross or baleno.
No wonder i was searching the engine bay left and right and was flummoxed as to not finding the Ballast. THis means if one of the bulbs conks OFF it mite be an expensive affair to replace. Any idea about the brand?
Old 18th March 2016, 12:13   #3704
BHPian

Quote:
Tyres/wheels experts:
I am no expert, but will try to answer your questions.
  • Yes, it should. Only issue arises if PCD will be different, which I am sure will not be different.
  • 205 to 215 is NO change in diameter. Only tire width is more. Out of 205/60 R16 - R16 will impact the alloy diameter and 205 will impact the alloy width chosen. So no impact in odo or any electronic stuff.
  • I am not sure, but it should be 114.5 itself, especially since S-Cross and Brezza belong to the same platform and parts can be reused if the use the same PCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Was about to pen down the same queries, apart from the PCD will the additional 10 mm cause the tyre to foul with the wheel arches when the tyre bottoms out under full load?
I dont think it will impact much. Bimal had officially accessorized one of their S-Crosses with R17 alloys and tires of width 225.

Quote:
Not sure on the suspension setup. But the Ground clearance of both cars is 180 mm to the best of my knowledge.
In real life scenario, SCross handles bad roads way better than SX4 did.
I think the earlier models of SX4 came with 190mm GC and later models had it reduced to 180mm. I too agree, S-Cross handles bad roads way better - I have traveled in the SX4 also and S-Cross is way more comfortable IMO.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 14:59   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
205 to 215 is NO change in diameter. Only tire width is more. Out of 205/60 R16 - R16 will impact the alloy diameter and 205 will impact the alloy width chosen.
If both tyres have the same aspect ratio (in this case 60), the 215 section tyre will have an increase of diameter by 1.27 cm.

Because of this increase in dia, if the vehicle display a speed of 100 KM/Hr, the actual speed will be ~102 KM/Hr

Most Viewed