Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 09:06   #4111
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I have changed my tyres for Michelin's primacy 3st and alloys to Momo Black Knights 16' stock alloys have width of 6.5 'and this Momo's comes with 7.0
May be I am wrong but after changing alloys I can see overall stance of the car have improved considerably. When I kept tyre pressure to recommended 33 psi I felt car rpm was going up slightly than I like.after trying various Psi I have chosen to go with 38 psi as i feel more comfortable in this. I just want to know is there any negative effects if I keep 38 psi for long time.
I guess increase in width of alloys have something to do with this ?
Old 24th April 2016, 09:23   #4112
BHPian

When one goes for a tyre size upgrade, how the optimum tyre pressure is arrived at? It may not be the recommended original pressure as the tyre size and dynamics are changed because of the up size.
Old 24th April 2016, 11:13   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
I have changed my tyres for Michelin's primacy 3st and alloys to Momo Black Knights 16' stock alloys have width of 6.5 'and this Momo's comes with 7.0
May be I am wrong but after changing alloys I can see overall stance of the car have improved considerably. When I kept tyre pressure to recommended 33 psi I felt car rpm was going up slightly than I like.after trying various Psi I have chosen to go with 38 psi as i feel more comfortable in this. I just want to know is there any negative effects if I keep 38 psi for long time.
I guess increase in width of alloys have something to do with this ?

In my opinion, I'm not the expert here, but the tyre pressure would remain more or less the same. Have a look at this link: http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
When one goes for a tyre size upgrade, how the optimum tyre pressure is arrived at? It may not be the recommended original pressure as the tyre size and dynamics are changed because of the up size.

If the weight hasn't changed considerably, I don't think the tyre pressure needs to. The link could resolve your query: http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg3.html
Old 24th April 2016, 12:00   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
One query here, should I get the engine oil changed at 5k service or wait till 10k as per manual.
Sticking to the manufacturer recommended grade and interval for oil change is the best course of action. Remember, mamma knows best!
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 13:28   #4115
BHPian

Came here on vacation and had a mild plan to purchase a new car for my Dad and Mom.Both the other cars are powered by 1.3L engines and were gems in their own rights,but this time 'MY' priority was a bigger engine.
Mom wanted a slightly taller car than the swift,Dad did not want a 4WD.
This is how I went to NEXA to see the S cross,and all 3 were hooked.
I had a wide smile considering the 320Nm (my personal petrol car has 350Nm),Mom was happy with getting in and out,dad was happy with the crossover tag.
The car was brought home the very next day for a 1 hour demo drive and boy,was I happy.
did the figures and ran through the options and yes the 'S cross'is home.
Not very happy with JK tyres, which shortly will be changed and upsized to 205/50/17.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg  

CaliforniaKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 14:42   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
I am facing a peculiar problem in my 1.3 Zeta purchased in Sep 15. Alongwith the car, I had purchased a Nexa kit which had some goodies like a car refrigerator, Seat Covers, Floor mats, etc.

In mid January, I started getting this error on my screen whenever I switched off the ignition after driving the car for a few km. It won’t come if I just start the car and move it around in the parking lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have also tried the keys in various positions inside the car. The issue I faced was ONLY when the key at the compartment near the push button. Car will start in (may be 99% of the cases). But, it refused to start precisely on 5 occasions when the key was there. So, taking no chances and keep it in the cup holder. Need peace of mind
I took some time off and tried to find a solution for this today. I had a rubber key fob cover. I realized that if I remove the cover, there is no issue whatsoever. I kept the fob in my pocket, in the small storage on the right and in the central cup holder. I did not get the message so far.
shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 06:38   #4117
BHPian

After nearly 3k km on my S-cross delta, I need to ask this question. My car do not get auto locked if left un-locked (and closing all doors) even after several minutes. My (original) baleno used to get locked itself if I forgot to lock, after 30s. Is there a setting somewhere which I can enable?

Also, my mileage has fallen to less than 12kpl after the first service while travelling in Bangalore. Though a part of it can be attributed to the traffic, it was never below 14 kpl before :( Is it time to place a call to the service centre, please help me.

cheers,
girish
Old 25th April 2016, 06:45   #4118
Senior - BHPian

General query to all who experienced issues while climbing slope with the 1.6.

Was the attempt made with the AC ON or OFF state? I sometimes suffered this issue in my swift. I used to always hence switch OFF the AC and attempt and used to pull off quiet effortlessly.
Old 25th April 2016, 07:10   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
....Also, my mileage has fallen to less than 12kpl after the first service while travelling in Bangalore. Though a part of it can be attributed to the traffic, it was never below 14 kpl before :( Is it time to place a call to the service centre, please help me.

cheers,
girish
Bangalore is a city that needs to be exempted from mileage calculations. With the frequent grid-locks, you are sometimes stuck in places for extended durations with the engine (and air-conditioner) running continuously! Thankfully, it has not yet reached litres/km proportions! LOL

Why, the other day (last Saturday to be precise), it took me 3 hours to reach the Mysore Road exit from Old Madras Road in my Jeep! When I topped-up Diesel at Mysore and checked the mileage, it was 8.5 kmpl! Subsequently, after 300 km running around in the country-side (high speed + air-con running throughout), I obtained 12 kmpl, which is a decent mileage (for a Jeep)!

Bottom line? Top-up Diesel after leaving the (Bangalore) city limits and then check your mileage!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 25th April 2016 at 07:15.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 09:37   #4120
BHPian

Any Scross owner have installed front or rear guard ? Would like to see the picture if someone have installed any.I wish something like this available in India have also planned to install Front lip like this soon.Front lips are available on aliexpress for 1200.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-images-2.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-images-1.jpg  

Old 25th April 2016, 09:50   #4121
BHPian

Quote:

Also, my mileage has fallen to less than 12kpl after the first service while travelling in Bangalore. Though a part of it can be attributed to the traffic, it was never below 14 kpl before :( Is it time to place a call to the service centre, please help me.

cheers,
girish
@Girish, I too get similar figures now. Slightly higher at around 13 kmpl in Bangalore traffic.

Odo is at 5600 kms now and have completed second free service.

Did a round trip to Ooty over the weekend. Overall mileage of this trip was 16 kmpl.

And yes ! Had to revv hard with half clutch couple of times on the famous 36 hairpin curve route. AC was running full time and I did not turn it off. May be it would have climbed better with AC off.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 25th April 2016 at 09:54.
Old 25th April 2016, 11:30   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
After nearly 3k km on my S-cross delta, I need to ask this question. My car do not get auto locked if left un-locked (and closing all doors) even after several minutes. My (original) baleno used to get locked itself if I forgot to lock, after 30s. Is there a setting somewhere which I can enable?
Girish.. Auto lock in standstill condition works only if you unlocked the car and did not open any doors for the next 30 seconds.. Once you unlocked the car and opened any doors, even if you close all doors, you have to manually lock the car by pressing the button on the key fob or front doors..
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 14:05   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Any Scross owner have installed front or rear guard ? Would like to see the picture if someone have installed any.I wish something like this available in India have also planned to install Front lip like this soon.Front lips are available on aliexpress for 1200.
The front has the sensors for the airbag so I won't mess with those. Plus I think the front guard available at AliExpress does not look good anyways. There are bits of chrome that spoil the looks.
Note that a lot of people install bull bars. It is a serious safety hazard not just for the people outside but inside too. Installing them changes the impact zone raising the vehicle in a collision. So I would suggest not to install them.

Shiv
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 14:25   #4124
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally-Changed My Booking To 1.6

I had booked 1.3 Zeta 2 weeks back. I always wanted 1.6 and couldn't convince dad for it. I was arguing and trying to convince him every day. After every discussion, I was getting convinced for 1.3 and I really had no idea that he was inclining towards 1.6

Dad's point of view:
1.1.3 is our National engine and spare parts won't be an issue.
2.1.6 is fully imported and long term reliability is a concern.
3.1.6 costs 1.5-2 lakhs more just for the engine and we can't even touch above 100 kmph on our roads. So why pay so much just for power which can't be exploited.

My Point of view:
1.We already have 1.3 engine in our SX4 and driven 1 lakh plus kms. So why not a better new powerful engine.
2.Numerous issues faced in 1.3 engine of our SX4(My ownership review has all details)
3.We would be keeping the car for 6-7 years, Maruti will provide warranty for 4 years and 1.6 might be localised in future. So long term reliability should not be a concern. If maruti can provide spares for Kizashi, why not for 1.6 S cross.

My RM called me day before saying car has reached. I informed dad and he says I thought you wanted 1.6. My deal with dad was I will take care of the loan and he will fund the balance amount. I had got loan for 90 percent ex showroom price of car and dad had to pay me 2.25 lakhs balance. We made a quick calculation for 1.6 alpha and dad had to pay me balance of 3.15 lakhs. Dad agreed for it and I just couldn't control my excitement. I drove straight to Nexa and changed my booking to 1.6 Alpha Premium Silver/Granite Grey. There are only two 1.6 alphas in transit (white and brown). I am being quoted a waiting period of 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th April 2016 at 14:43.
Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 15:03   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Finally-Changed My Booking To 1.6
Congratulations.
This is the decision you will never regret.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks