Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 16:04   #4126

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
General query to all who experienced issues while climbing slope with the 1.6.

Was the attempt made with the AC ON or OFF state? I sometimes suffered this issue in my swift. I used to always hence switch OFF the AC and attempt and used to pull off quiet effortlessly.
Did try with AC off but it was a big challenge.
Just to re-iterate, it is a problem only if the car has to move from a stand-still on a steep slope or when driving on 1st gear on real steep climb and you take away your step from accelerator once, then the revvs drop it gets really difficult to push them up.

My Ritz Vdi could manage it much better.

Though anyplace else 1.6 just glides.
Old 25th April 2016, 16:45   #4127
BHPian

What about climbs and slopes on 1.3? If 1.6 is unable to handle these, I am assuming 1.3 would be worse. Would it be possible to do a trip to the hills with my 1.3 is what I am concerned with.
Old 25th April 2016, 16:58   #4128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
What about climbs and slopes on 1.3? If 1.6 is unable to handle these, I am assuming 1.3 would be worse. Would it be possible to do a trip to the hills with my 1.3 is what I am concerned with.
I tried both 1.3 and 1.6 on a steep incline. Both cars passed it easily. 1.3 was slightly better with less turbo lag.
Old 25th April 2016, 17:21   #4129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
This is exactly what I experienced during during my trip to Himachal in the first week of Jan'16.

If the car needs to be stopped during a steep climb, then bringing the momentum back needs some real expertise. In my case, the car was still within the official run-in period of 960 km during upward journey, so revving the engine high was also not warranted..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
Hi Kpzen,
Beautiful picture!!
The S-Cross 1st gear under 1800 rpm is its achilles heel ! I went up to Shimla and further up to Thanedar in Dec and everything was wonderfull.... But, we chanced on a road leading to a temple, with steep inclines and no tarmac. I thought my car would do it easy, but ofcourse it didnt.

We had to stop for a jeep coming down and when I tried resuming the incline, the car simply refused. There was no momentum, incline was steep, and there was less traction since the road was dirt.
Guess, all our 3 cars went around the same location (Narkanda)

This was one of the steep incline encountered during the trip and to climb up I had to maintain sufficient RPM. Incline was almost 45 degrees and 300m long.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160324_114707068.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
One query here, should I get the engine oil changed at 5k service or wait till 10k as per manual.
Just follow the owner's manual guideline.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 19:10   #4130
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Finally-Changed My Booking To 1.6

I had booked 1.3 Zeta 2 weeks back. I always wanted 1.6 and couldn't convince dad for it. I was arguing and trying to convince him every day. After every discussion, I was getting convinced for 1.3 and I really had no idea that he was inclining towards 1.6

Dad's point of view:
1.1.3 is our National engine and spare parts won't be an issue.
2.1.6 is fully imported and long term reliability is a concern.
3.1.6 costs 1.5-2 lakhs more just for the engine and we can't even touch above 100 kmph on our roads. So why pay so much just for power which can't be exploited.

My Point of view:
1.We already have 1.3 engine in our SX4 and driven 1 lakh plus kms. So why not a better new powerful engine.
2.Numerous issues faced in 1.3 engine of our SX4(My ownership review has all details)
3.We would be keeping the car for 6-7 years, Maruti will provide warranty for 4 years and 1.6 might be localised in future. So long term reliability should not be a concern. If maruti can provide spares for Kizashi, why not for 1.6 S cross.

My RM called me day before saying car has reached. I informed dad and he says I thought you wanted 1.6. My deal with dad was I will take care of the loan and he will fund the balance amount. I had got loan for 90 percent ex showroom price of car and dad had to pay me 2.25 lakhs balance. We made a quick calculation for 1.6 alpha and dad had to pay me balance of 3.15 lakhs. Dad agreed for it and I just couldn't control my excitement. I drove straight to Nexa and changed my booking to 1.6 Alpha Premium Silver/Granite Grey. There are only two 1.6 alphas in transit (white and brown). I am being quoted a waiting period of 4-6 weeks.
Dr Naren! Well done! So all our jostling did the trick eh?
I am so happy for you and I am sure you will be extremely happy too!
Well done and Good Luck ahead!
Don't worry about reliability! It is a Maruti after all! They will most certainly support the vehicle in the long term. It is their BEST vehicle till date in India other than the GV.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th April 2016 at 19:12.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 19:16   #4131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Dr Naren! Well done! So all our jostling did the trick eh?
I am so happy for you and I am sure you will be extremely happy too!
Well done and Good Luck ahead!
Haha, yes buddy. I showed your posts to dad I am happy just by looking at booking receipt for 1.6 now. It was never the same with 1.3. Dealer was forcing me not to go for Zeta telling production is low. So I ended up booking 1.6 Alpha from 1.3 Zeta. I can't wait to get my Beast. I have taken test drive of 1.6 five times already. I drove it again today

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th April 2016 at 19:17.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 09:37   #4132
BHPian

Quote:
I had this feeling you would go for the 1.6
Congratulations!

I do know a few friends who are extremely happy with the 1.3 as well.
When I went for the buy I had set my eyes on the 1.6 or nothing. The joy you get when the turbo kicks and the continuous pull is something else.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 09:43   #4133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
I had this feeling you would go for the 1.6
Congratulations!

I do know a few friends who are extremely happy with the 1.3 as well.
When I went for the buy I had set my eyes on the 1.6 or nothing. The joy you get when the turbo kicks and the continuous pull is something else.
I have no complains about 1.3. Power is decent enough for our roads. But 1.6 is a monster with 320 nm torque. It just pulls and pulls above 2000 rpm 1.6 has good power even in 6 th gear. I tired it yesterday during my 5 th test drive. She picked up speeds easily from 100-120 kmph in 6 th gear.
Old 26th April 2016, 09:44   #4134
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
I have no complains about 1.3. Power is decent enough for our roads. But 1.6 is a monster with 320 nm torque. It just pulls and pulls above 2000 rpm 1.6 has good power even in 6 th gear. I tired it yesterday during my 5 th test drive. She picked up speeds easily from 100-120 kmph in 6 th gear.
It is good you asked for the Silver or the Grey - these are the best two colours for the S Cross. Understated anonymity is the way to go.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 09:49   #4135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It is good you asked for the Silver or the Grey - these are the best two colours for the S Cross. Understated anonymity is the way to go.
Yes, S cross looks the best in silver/grey. I had booked silver 1.3 initially, but my dad advised to go for granite grey when I changed the booking for 1.6(since we have a baleno in same silver color). My RM is advising not to go for grey citing they have not delivered any 1.6 in grey till date. So I have given silver as second option

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 26th April 2016 at 09:50.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:36   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Dr. Naren!!!

I knew this would happen. Good that you've changed to 1.6, since you intend to to keep you car for 6-7 years, its always best to go for the top end variant. Good that you convinced your dad, need to learn that skill.

Did you get any discounts?

Quote:
There are only two 1.6 alphas in transit (white and brown). I am being quoted a waiting period of 4-6 weeks.
IMO brown and blue give character to the car, I wish Maruti had launched the S Cross in red and black, would have given the car more appeal.
What color have you chosen?

And do you intend to change the alloys???
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:41   #4137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Congratulations Dr. Naren!!!

I knew this would happen. Good that you've changed to 1.6, since you intend to to keep you car for 6-7 years, its always best to go for the top end variant. Good that you convinced your dad, need to learn that skill.

Did you get any discounts?

IMO brown and blue give character to the car, I wish Maruti had launched the S Cross in red and black, would have given the car more appeal.
What color have you chosen?

And do you intend to change the alloys???
I checked with both nexa dealerships in Mangalore. No discounts are offered for both 1.3 and 1.6. I want to change the alloys to Momo Revenge/Win pro in stock size.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:57   #4138
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with both nexa dealerships in Mangalore. No discounts are offered for both 1.3 and 1.6. I want to change the alloys to Momo Revenge/Win pro in stock size.
Honestly momo revenge looks overdone on Scross. When I visited alloys shop they had revenge matte anthracite available and momo dark knights in transit.I asked them to install both so that I can get better idea. Trust me revenge looked too overdone for crossover .happily bought Momo dark knights in stock size.

Momo win pro is timeless design which will give Business class look to Scross and Black knights gives sports car look.
Yes Blue and Brown gives character to Scross but attracts dust too.I guess I happy with Urban Blue but be ready to clean it twice a day

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 26th April 2016 at 10:59.
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 11:12   #4139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Honestly momo revenge looks overdone on Scross. When I visited alloys shop they had revenge matte anthracite available and momo dark knights in transit.I asked them to install both so that I can get better idea. Trust me revenge looked too overdone for crossover .happily bought Momo dark knights in stock size.

Momo win pro is timeless design which will give Business class look to Scross and Black knights gives sports car look.
Yes Blue and Brown gives character to Scross but attracts dust too.I guess I happy with Urban Blue but be ready to clean it twice a day
Point noted buddy! I have not seen S cross with Momo revenge. But it looked hot in polo & jazz. I will check the designs with S cross and decide.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:20   #4140
BHPian

Quote:
Point noted buddy! I have not seen S cross with Momo revenge. But it looked hot in polo & jazz. I will check the designs with S cross and decide.
Check out Hercules tyres page on Facebook. You will see lots of Scross with Revenge over there and for Dark knights .here is mine
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1461649611657.jpg  

sahiltodankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks