Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2016, 16:05   #4726
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It is not great buddy. Reflector bowl inside stock projector is small and non clean lens are used. Ballast is also just 25W. It might be better than halogen but nowhere close to bixenon projector setup of luxury cars. You can check the output pics in my ownership review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
I currently find the 1.3 alpha bixenons not powerful enough for my highway drives .
I am debating between the 1.3 Zeta and the 1.6 Alpha
Most of my long travels (3-4 times a year) contains night travel and my dzire currently is running a 90/100 halogen setup with a relay, hence my earlier question on the HID spread at nights.

Looks like the results are not very favorable for the HID setup on the Scross :-(

Thanks
f1fan
Old 27th May 2016, 16:53   #4727
BHPian

Hi friends, I have crossed 850 kms in my S Cross. Waiting for the completion of the run in period. My wife almost dozes away as we sail through the city every day. She feels that the car lacks speed and punch like the Nissan Micra Diesel we own, tried explaining the difference between a cross over and hatchback, but she still feels that we stutter along the roads.
Desperately waiting to unleash the real potential and power of the engine.
I often forget to turn off the ORVM as I am so accustomed to the privilege of the automated version of the same in my Micra, would like to know of any ways to automate it in my cross over. Thank you.
Old 27th May 2016, 18:30   #4728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
would like to know of any ways to automate it in my cross over. Thank you.
RD overseas Pvt Ltd. has Auto Mirror closer module which closes the mirror when car is locked from outside. It is merely a coupler-coupler plug and play system which requires tapping only the Center locking wire.
These module are vehicle specific and it is available for S-Cross too. Call their customer care to get details of vender for your area.

Cheers !!
kashyapz8055 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 19:39   #4729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I am debating between the 1.3 Zeta and the 1.6 Alpha
Most of my long travels (3-4 times a year) contains night travel and my dzire currently is running a 90/100 halogen setup with a relay, hence my earlier question on the HID spread at nights.

Looks like the results are not very favorable for the HID setup on the Scross :-(

Thanks
f1fan
It's not so terrible as to warrant a change in decision, I have done a few night time highways runs upto 300km one way so can say it's not unmanageable but could be better. The experts here can probably suggest ways to improve the output from the current setup with tricks and tweaks.
Old 28th May 2016, 09:42   #4730
BHPian

Done 10,000 KMs so far on 1.6. Car has been brilliant so far. Rock steady on the highways and a rocket at cruising speeds. City driving is bit cumbersome sometimes due to the lag and hard clutch especially in Bangalore. Come to highways, you are on top of the game always. Done oil change already at 5000 KM's and will be going for service next week for the standard third service and oil change. After second service, it appears bit smoother than the initial days. Mileage has been constant so far at Avg. of 17 combined highway + Bangalore City traffic for 1.6L engine, which is reasonably very good with AC on always. Small niggles such as window glass rattling if it is half closed and outside noise creeps in traffic as explained by everyone continues. But amidst all of this, its a treat to drive this fine product. But the sad part is i am relocating to abroad in 2 months and i am selling it to find a new partner in new country. Definitely will find a Torque Monster like this again. Addictive!!
Old 28th May 2016, 09:57   #4731
Distinguished - BHPian

Size Comparo of S-Cross with my other cars
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160528wa0009.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160528wa0011.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160528wa0010.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160528wa0007.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160528wa0012.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160528wa0008.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 12:48   #4732
BHPian

I'm going for the brake part replacement (I assume it's brake cylinder as some BHPians had posted here) as a part of the S-Cross recall program. Please let let me know if I need to take care of anything from my side during this service instance.
Old 28th May 2016, 12:55   #4733
BHPian

Hi,

I have S-cross delta which comes with basic ICE. Though I am happy at the moment with the default setup, would like to know whether the bluetooth connectivity can be enhanced.

Earlier the two line display was showing only the number (for the incoming calls). But after pushing the phonebook, it is displaying the names too.

What I am looking for is an easy way to make calls from steering wheel buttons. When I press the phone button, it goes to phonebook and I have to rotate the knob on the player to select the names/speed dials etc. Instead, I would like to open google now (say with OK Google) using the call button.
Is this possible?

Also, I enquired with the service person about adding only tweeter. But, he said its not possible as Maruti do not supply only tweeter. Does anybody have the part number of the tweeter alone?

cheers,
girish
Old 28th May 2016, 12:57   #4734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I'm going for the brake part replacement (I assume it's brake cylinder as some BHPians had posted here) as a part of the S-Cross recall program. Please let let me know if I need to take care of anything from my side during this service instance.
Just completed, will take an hour if you do not opt for car wash. The caliper assembly will be replaced ( rear). Get the car play software upgrade if applicable.

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2016 at 13:21.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 13:01   #4735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Just completed, will take an hour if you do not opt for car wash. The caliper assembly will be replaced ( rear).
Is this a blanket replacement? (without checking the existing part) or do they they check the caliper assembly and replace if needed?
Old 28th May 2016, 13:11   #4736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a blanket replacement? (without checking the existing part) or do they they check the caliper assembly and replace if needed?
Yes it will be replaced in all cars as per the manufacturing date. The old part with record(your vehicle number and chassis) will be sent back to Maruti Suzuki.

2 Caliper assemblies + 4 washers is the kit that comes in for this campaign. Brake fluid bleeding on all 4 brakes and top of of fluid will complete the assembly for this campaign.

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2016 at 13:15.
Old 28th May 2016, 13:40   #4737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just completed, will take an hour if you do not opt for car wash. The caliper assembly will be replaced ( rear). Get the car play software upgrade if applicable.
Here is the pic of the caliper (New), more details coming up, in ownership thread!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg

Car after completion of the 'Service Campaign'!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2016 at 13:42.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 13:53   #4738
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the pic of the caliper (New), more details coming up, in ownership thread!
Thanks for the update volkman10.
I can see it's a Michelin tyre. What is the size? Did you go for an upsize or stuck with the same stock size (205/60-16) ?

By the by, how many KMs you have driven on this Michelins?. The tyre looks some what worn out and old. Hence asked.
Old 28th May 2016, 13:56   #4739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I can see it's a Michelin tyre. What is the size? Did you go for an upsize or stuck with the same stock size (205/60-16) ?

By the by, how many KMs you have driven on this Michelins?. The tyre looks some what worn out and old. Hence asked.
Michelin of the same size.
Km till date 8.9k, was driven through slush and not washed for a week so guess it looks so
Old 28th May 2016, 13:59   #4740
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Here is an S Cross I saw in Sydney, Australia, day before yesterday going from the Airport into town, somewhere near the big tunnel.
I wasn't able to get the badging picture from behind but it clearly said SX4 S Cross 4x4.

Here are the Australia Specs...
http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/su...specifications
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4934.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th May 2016 at 14:05.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks