Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2016, 07:48   #5686
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I can only imagine how a good set of tyres like the Michelin P3ST will transform the S-Cross.
I would say Phenomenal. One will appreciate the Michelins especially on long drives. The grip, almost zero road noise and excellent ride comfort are some of the traits of the P3ST.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 08:19   #5687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And only when you make the swap to better tyres (and this will easy as most brands offer a significant advantage over JK), you will regret as to why you didn't think of a change earlier. JK is ridiculed by most for all the right reasons.

If you like the S-Cross now, you are going to love your machine for ride comfort, cabin insulation, grip on corners - both dry and wet, and acceleration off the line once you ditch those JK tyres.
Thanks deetjohn. You have a point there.

I know that there are better tyres in market. My limited point is that it is not a very bad tyre as it is projected to be.

Yes, it is hard compound tyre and the road noise is more. But, from the grip and life span point of view, it's VFM. Also, this is a structurally very stable tyre and hence safety is not a concern.

I have driven on almost all tyre brands and aware that there are wonderful products out there. When it is time for replacement, will consider other brands. For the time being it's an OK tyre which ticks most the boxes except road noise.

Last edited by Sree73 : 10th September 2016 at 08:20.
Sree73 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 09:29   #5688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The S cross indeed is a comfortable long distance mile muncher. You never feel when you have reached triple digit speeds. I was able to use the cruise control which really gave some rest to my right knee. For narrow KL roads, weird speed limits and maniac drivers, I found the S Cross a bit wider. The k10 is perfect for city runs but a bit cramped for long drives.
The cross resting after a 1350km journey.
I don't find the S-Cross width a problem. My daily drive is around 80 KM on narrow kerala roads ( Yes, it's a highway ). I find S-Cross and SX4 very similar.

We both have S-Cross 1.6 in same pearl white colour and even my old K10 was sunlight copper .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th September 2016 at 09:30.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 09:37   #5689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I got only call from their customer care during the purchase of both Baleno and S-Cross. I had to rate them for every question asked. I am curious to know what's this face to face survey.
Hi Dr.Naren- Yesterday I had completed my F2F feedback session. They had a 20
Page booklet essentially a bunch of photocopied papers in which questions were asked on why I chose the car, the likes , dislikes, how is the car is functioning and any issue I encountered post purchase, dealer experiences etc. I am told that their company is one among many companies chosen by Maruthi to take feedback on all new car purchases. The highlight is that he mentioned on more feedback will be requested at the 6th month of purchase. This feedback itself is taken at the 5th month of purchase and God knows when that 6th month review will happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Yes I had a face to face interview. It was a booklet that he wanted to fill up. Took about 20 minutes in all.
Yes @viral, thanks for clarifying this. It's indeed the same feedback session which I had.

Hi All- Good day. I have been noticing a typical problem in my car which I wanted to clarify with you all- while am driving and coming to full stop at the signals my car tends to move backwards by few yards after halting as if I am braking at a slope. This is becoming a regular issue and hence nowadays whenever I reach the signals I am forced to use the hand brake or brakes so that it does not move behind. Please note that the car is mostly driven with only 1-2 ppl on board. I recently had a chance to notice another S-Cross reaching to a full stop in the signal and similar backward movement happened. Is this usual or a cause of worry as I did not notice on my other cars like Honda city, Santro or dZire. Please help clarify though this query may sound very basic. TIA.

Moderator's Note: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30 minute edit window to add more contents to it. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th September 2016 at 12:17. Reason: Please read the note posted above. Thanks!
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 10:24   #5690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Hi All- Good day. I have been noticing a typical problem in my car which I wanted to clarify with you all- while am driving and coming to full stop at the signals my car tends to move backwards by few yards after halting as if I am braking at a slope. This is becoming a regular issue and hence nowadays whenever I reach the signals I am forced to use the hand brake or brakes so that it does not move behind. Please note that the car is mostly driven with only 1-2 ppl on board. I recently had a chance to notice another S-Cross reaching to a full stop in the signal and similar backward movement happened. Is this usual or a cause of worry as I did not notice on my other cars like Honda city, Santro or dZire. Please help clarify though this query may sound very basic. TIA.
Do you use the 'half clutch' method when you are standstill at signals for short duration? If yes, Please try releasing the clutch a little further than usual and see. I had the same issue initially, but sorted after I got adjusted to long clutch travel.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 11:57   #5691
BHPian

Have anybody noticed two air outlets in the boot of S-Cross? (On right / left sides of the boot). I just happened to see this today only . If the AC is on with the fresh air switch open, there is good amount air circulation through this vents.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-air_vent1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-air_vent2.jpg  

Old 10th September 2016, 14:02   #5692
BHPian

Hi All,

A question for all fellow S-Cross owners. I am planning to do a Delhi-Manali-Leh-Srinagar-Delhi trip next year.

I drive an S-Cross 1.3 with stock tyres. Will the car be able to do the circuit? I know the punishing nature of roads as I have done the circuit already (though 5 years ago and on a Pulsar 150) but want some expert opinion, prior to finalizing my plans.

Cheers!
Old 10th September 2016, 14:49   #5693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Hi All,

A question for all fellow S-Cross owners. I am planning to do a Delhi-Manali-Leh-Srinagar-Delhi trip next year.

I drive an S-Cross 1.3 with stock tyres. Will the car be able to do the circuit? I know the punishing nature of roads as I have done the circuit already (though 5 years ago and on a Pulsar 150) but want some expert opinion, prior to finalizing my plans.

Cheers!
That should definitely not be a problem considering the stiff suspension set up and the weather conditions this time of the year. If you have got the skills to drive through a terrain like that you are more than good to go. I have seen people making that trip in their swifts/ritz's often. Do take precautionary measures like tire pressure, carry and learn to use jack & stepney. A portable tire inflator will serve well.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 15:29   #5694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Have anybody noticed two air outlets in the boot of S-Cross?
Wow! That's good to know, didn't know about this being there at all. Thanks!
Old 10th September 2016, 20:29   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
I don't find the S-Cross width a problem. My daily drive is around 80 KM on narrow kerala roads ( Yes, it's a highway ). I find S-Cross and SX4 very similar.

We both have S-Cross 1.6 in same pearl white colour and even my old K10 was sunlight copper .
I also have a Pearl White 1.6 Alpha and a Sunlight Copper K10. Even though width is not an issue for me, I still prefer taking my Alto for city runs and bad roads.
Mr.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 20:47   #5696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
I also have a Pearl White 1.6 Alpha and a Sunlight Copper K10. Even though width is not an issue for me, I still prefer taking my Alto for city runs and bad roads.
There are a lot of people in this group who owns the Alto K10 and S-Cross. Quite a big coincidence.
Old 10th September 2016, 21:56   #5697
Sip
BHPian

Today one of my old friends had a small test drive of my S-cross. He has a Dzire Vdi since last 2 years and he is a sedate driver.

This is the first time he was introduced to an S-cross. First reaction he had that engine noise was lesser! This he repeatedly told. He found it impressive to drive, comfortable seating, great interiors and better pick up.
Old 11th September 2016, 00:06   #5698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
There are a lot of people in this group who owns the Alto K10 and S-Cross. Quite a big coincidence.
I was about to post this . What's the connection between S-Cross and Alto K10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Today one of my old friends had a small test drive of my S-cross. He has a Dzire Vdi since last 2 years and he is a sedate driver.

This is the first time he was introduced to an S-cross. First reaction he had that engine noise was lesser! This he repeatedly told. He found it impressive to drive, comfortable seating, great interiors and better pick up.
Maruti has worked hard on insulation and reduce NVH. S-Cross is better than other Maruti cars in terms of NVH. But it is nowhere near to Hyundai levels of refinement. My 3 cylinder Grand I10 is more silent than my SX4.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 00:59   #5699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was about to post this . What's the connection between S-Cross and Alto K10?

Maruti has worked hard on insulation and reduce NVH. S-Cross is better than other Maruti cars in terms of NVH. But it is nowhere near to Hyundai levels of refinement. My 3 cylinder Grand I10 is more silent than my SX4.

The 90HP VGT engines are more refined and powerful than the 75HP FGT by principle. No point comparing the Dzire's mill with the S Cross 1.3's
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 08:03   #5700
BHPian

Can someone please clarify which is the latest version of maps on S-cross. The one which came with mine says sd2-Suzuki-SLN_IND_Update v11. However, the one available on the website is sd2-Suzuki-SLN-IND_Update_v9.

I am using this website:

http://suzuki.navigation.com/web/WFS...-DIDCheck#HERE

Other won't recognise my VIN

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks