Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 14:40   #5956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I agree. CVT is so much smoother and doesn't get affected by wear and tear by slow moving traffic like DCT or DSG does but it works good only with powerful engines. In my experience City CVT was soo much better than Amaze CVT. But then, there is a price differnce of almost 3-3.5 lakhs between the highest variants of Honda City CVT and Ecosport AT and Ecosport in spite of being the cheaper one didn't feel cheap at all and is much safer. Don't get me wrong. If I had that extra 3 lakhs budget, I would have bought the City CVT highest variant without hesitation!
I have a 2011 City V-AT, my friend bought a Creta AT diesel in January and another has recently bought a Vento DSG. All of them are so different. Talking about the Ecosport, it is a sub-4 meter cramped car and still costs about as much as an S-Cross. Being an enthusiast, I am very unlikely to ever go with an automatic transmission.
Old 27th October 2016, 22:11   #5957
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I have driven around 400 KM yesterday (Mangalore - Mysore - Bangalore) in my remapped 1.6 S-cross. Car performed really well on ghats. This car is so much fun on highways. Do not downshift, just tap the pedal and you would have overtaken 2 cars . Current ODO is 7500 KM.

I always run with OBD reader plugged in. Peak turbo boost was 22.5 PSI at Mangalore and it's 23.6 in Bangalore. I guess turbo has to work harder at higher altitude.

My car begs for better brakes post remap. Brembo brake pads are available at Goa dealer and they ship. It costs 3500 Rs for S-Cross( front pads).
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161027wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th October 2016 at 22:15.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 09:05   #5958
BHPian

Have left my car in service centre for 3rd service now.is it advisable to do wheel balancing/alignment from maruti? Or it's better to do it from outside like MRF tyres shops ?
Old 28th October 2016, 09:35   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Have left my car in service centre for 3rd service now.is it advisable to do wheel balancing/alignment from maruti? Or it's better to do it from outside like MRF tyres shops ?
Let the Maruti people take care of it. They have never let me down.
Old 28th October 2016, 09:39   #5960
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
It is the clause of Warranty that one needs to follow hence one needs to get the alignment done at MASS. They charge too high and quality of work is useless too.

Initially I used to get it done at MASS but slowly stopped and get it done at MRF T&S Centre every 5K kms.

The MASS I visit charges almost 1000+ bucks for Wheel alignment, balancing and rotation whereas the MRF guy I visit charges 450 bucks with better quality of work and attention to the customer.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 11:51   #5961
BHPian

Gave the car (200DDiS Zeta) for 20000 KM service today in Bimal Mahadevpura.

20K KMs came in ~14 months. The approx amount indicated is Rs. 10500. Will update the breakup once I receive the vehicle in the evening.
Old 28th October 2016, 11:59   #5962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

20K KMs came in ~14 months. The approx amount indicated is Rs. 10500. Will update the breakup once I receive the vehicle in the evening.
10.5k seems too high for 1st paid service. Do share the bifurcated bill with us. My 1st paid was covered under MCP, but the advisor told me that the bill comes to about 6k.
Old 28th October 2016, 12:03   #5963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

10,500 is very expensive. I had shared service costs of 1.3 and 1.6 few days back. It was 5088 Rs for 1.3. This doesn't include wheel alignment and balancing.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 12:10   #5964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
10,500 is very expensive. I had shared service costs of 1.3 and 1.6 few days back. It was 5088 Rs for 1.3. This doesn't include wheel alignment and balancing.
I have asked for wheel alignment and balancing (with 4 wheel tyre rotation). Let me get the bill. Will update after that.

Following are the replacement items for 20K service.
Engine coolant
Engine Oil & Engine oil filter
Fuel filter & water draining
Clutch fluid
Brake fluid
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 18:55   #5965
BHPian

Quote:
I have asked for wheel alignment and balancing (with 4 wheel tyre rotation). Let me get the bill. Will update after that.

Following are the replacement items for 20K service.
Engine coolant
Engine Oil & Engine oil filter
Fuel filter & water draining
Clutch fluid
Brake fluid
Attached is the total bill for 20K KM service.
Parts cost - Rs. 5398
Labour (Including balancing & Alignment) - Rs. 3238
Total - Rs. 8636.

Initial bill was Rs. 9600. They had some more labour charges for brake and some other components. With some bargaining, those were removed.

If any one has done the 20K service, please post the invoice so that this can be compared. I did the service at Bimal Mahadevpura.

The additional things I had done was the replacement of Mud Flap (front) and the wheel alignment/balancing. The air filter was also replaced even though the recommended frequency was 40K KM.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20161028_181814.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20161028_181954.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 28th October 2016 at 19:05.
Old 28th October 2016, 20:05   #5966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attached is the total bill for 20K KM service.
Parts cost - Rs. 5398
Labour (Including balancing & Alignment) - Rs. 3238
Total - Rs. 8636.
Everything looks fine, except the labor charges for Wheel alignment and balancing. You could have availed a better service for far lesser amount from professional tire shops outside. Generally the labour at MASS/other shops for these two jobs is around 300 for wheel alignment, and 200 for balancing.

Quote:
Initial bill was Rs. 9600. They had some more labour charges for brake and some other components. With some bargaining, those were removed.
I have seen many MASS charging separately for brake cleaning and other small jobs, in addition to the paid service charge. This is completely unethical on their part, and I'm glad you got those things removed. Brake cleaning is a part of the paid service.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 08:26   #5967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Generally the labour at MASS/other shops for these two jobs is around 300 for wheel alignment, and 200 for balancing.
Yes, I could have got it done outside. Went for this one along with the regular service. I did the 4 wheel rotation also along with alignment / balancing. It came around Rs. 1000 for these three jobs.
Old 29th October 2016, 11:32   #5968
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I could have got it done outside. Went for this one along with the regular service. I did the 4 wheel rotation also along with alignment / balancing. It came around Rs. 1000 for these three jobs.
I get alignment, balancing & rotation done for about 600 650rs from MRF. Rotation is a part of balancing and is never billed separately. Alignment is 250rs and balancing costs vary by 50rs depending upon amount of weights used.
Old 30th October 2016, 15:14   #5969
BHPian

This is my first post in team-bhp. I have been following this thread and finally decided to take the plunge and booked 1, 3 Zeta. I would like to thank all those contributed to this thread in helping me make my decision.

On receiving the vehicle, the immediate updates planned are tires and alloys. However, I am in still in dilemma about the tires.

I have been using Michelin tires on my other vehicles (UVA and CBR 250) and usually, buy them using the Michelin Friend referral scheme. On this scheme, I get a 20% discount on the price invoiced to dealer. Since dealer margin is also excluded, the overall discount is between 25-30%. Since the dealer has no margin on this sale, he would not be ready to swap with old tires.

Some options I have been thinking about are
Option 1: Swap alloys and tires. Tires opt for something slightly better than JK (e.g. Good year) and then after 20k kms or so opt for Michelin once these are worn out

Option 2: Swap alloys only. Retain JK and then after opt for Michelin once these are worn out (say after 20k kms).

Option 3: Swap alloys and tires. Get Michelin P3ST through regular dealer instead of referral scheme

Assuming my primary usage is in city, I would like to get feedback on how good/bad is JK Elanzo? Noise is not a deal breaker but grip is important.
I am more inclined towards option 3. But would like to know whether I will see a significant improvement if moved from JK to Goodyear Assurance before ignoring Option 1.
Old 30th October 2016, 15:26   #5970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
Assuming my primary usage is in city, I would like to get feedback on how good/bad is JK Elanzo? Noise is not a deal breaker but grip is important.
Since your primary usage is in city and noise is not a deal breaker, Stock JK tyres would be adequate. JK tyres are not that bad, rubber is harder. It's just that there are better tyres with soft rubber.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks