Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2016, 15:48   #5971
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post

Option 2: Swap alloys only. Retain JK and then after opt for Michelin once these are worn out (say after 20k kms).
Congratulations on booking 1.3 Zeta. I'm also owning the same. My car has completed 20K KMs.

I have retained the JK stock tyres and it's perfectly fine other than the road noise. If you travel with AC on and slight music, that noise also is not an irritant.

If you are retaining the tyres and think that it will be worn out by 20K, you will be disappointed. My tyres are as good as new and not even 1-2 mm tread is worn out.

These hard compound rubber tyres will last for around 60-70K KMs if no off road adventure is not done. (Even though 40K KMs / 4 Years is the ideal duration to replace the tyres)
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 18:17   #5972
BHPian

Quote:
I am more inclined towards option 3. But would like to know whether I will see a significant improvement if moved from JK to Goodyear Assurance before ignoring Option 1.
Not everyone is able to make out the difference in rubber when they drive. I am one of those few who are very picky about things like these (tyres, shoes, fitting of clothes, comfort, etc). I noticed the hardness of Elanzo's while braking and cornering immediately during the test drive. Even when I was pursuing the Jazz, I was certain to swap stock Bridgestone tyres with Michelins. I had already driven ~28k kms on Michelin XM2+ in my old car. About the alloys, I straight away hated the wheel-coverish look of stock and always wanted my car to have black alloys. It all boils down to personal preference rather than being a downright compulsion. If you don't notice or haven't ever noticed significant tyre performance difference while driving previously, then you don't need to swap the tyres. Alloy swap is purely based on aesthetics, almost no technicality involved. I own a Zeta200 too and swapped both tyres and alloys right after delivery. ☺
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 10:25   #5973
BHPian

Quote:
Assuming my primary usage is in city, I would like to get feedback on how good/bad is JK Elanzo? Noise is not a deal breaker but grip is important.

I am more inclined towards option 3. But would like to know whether I will see a significant improvement if moved from JK to Goodyear Assurance before ignoring Option 1.
Well for city I suggest you continue with JK, maybe swap the alloys if you don't like their looks. Not sure if you do hard cornering or speeds that would need really sticky tires, in most Indian cities that would be a little difficult.
I just bought 1.6 Alpha and did Hyderabad- Pune this weekend drove in all kind of roads and no road conditions, and all highway speeds, JK did well. These tyres have squarish tread and suit off road and on-road. I had Michelin's XM2 on my fiesta and they got punctures a little too often. I am one of those few who don't mind the alloys and tyres on scross, and happy that I didn't swap the JK tyres, though I was tempted- reading reviews. I guess media has written too much negative for these tyres without actually testing them in real world conditions. For regular mortals like me these tires are so far so good.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 31st October 2016 at 12:57. Reason: Please refrain from posting / mentioning high speeds as per forum rules.
jha.shailesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 11:58   #5974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Since your primary usage is in city and noise is not a deal breaker, Stock JK tyres would be adequate. JK tyres are not that bad, rubber is harder. It's just that there are better tyres with soft rubber.
Thanks for the quick feedback. My understanding is that hard tyre makes more noise and have less road grip. Please correct me if am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Congratulations on booking 1.3 Zeta. I'm also owning the same. My car has completed 20K KMs.....
These hard compound rubber tyres will last for around 60-70K KMs if no off road adventure is not done. (Even though 40K KMs / 4 Years is the ideal duration to replace the tyres)
Thanks. Based on your feedback, MSIL has once gone for high life on tyre instead of better performance. Given that , the vehicle is positioned as a premium vehicle, I am little disappointed that the folks at MSIL could not understand that the buyer would be quite knowledgeable and hence picky on the requirements .

Also, I am not a big fan of tyres lasting for 60-70k km and anything more than 40,000kms is not very ideal for my usage style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Not everyone is able to make out the difference in rubber when they drive. I am one of those few who are very picky about things like these (tyres, shoes, fitting of clothes, comfort, etc). I noticed the hardness of Elanzo's while braking and cornering immediately during the test drive.
I own a Zeta200 too and swapped both tyres and alloys right after delivery. ☺
Very True. When I changed my Tyres for my UVA from Bridgestone B250 to Turanza AR20, I noticed a significant improvement in noise levels and comfort. However when changed from AR20 to Michelin XM2+, i could not notice any improvement. So in the case of S-Cross, the marginal improvement due to changing from JK to Goodyear might not be worth and if planned to change , I should look at only Michelin as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Well for city I suggest you continue with JK, maybe swap the alloys if you don't like their looks. Not sure if you do hard cornering or speeds that would need really sticky tires, in most Indian cities that would be a little difficult.
I guess media has written too much negative for these tyres without actually testing them in real world conditions. For regular mortals like me these tires are so far so good.
After reading your posts, I am inclined towards sticking with JK and test the performance on my usage conditions and then look at replacing only if it not really usable. Suppose, I decide to change after 10-15k kms, I might not be losing much monetarily, as swapping new JK tires to Michelin would be only slightly cheaper compared to buying Michelin at 30% discounted rate

What an 180 deg change in decision? I had almost decided on changing my tires and now would be sticking to existing ones. I am happy that our amazing group of petrolheads can provide clarity on a case to case basis instead of a generic solution.

Mods: While quoting , I have removed some parts of the message so as to emphasis the sections for replying and also to make the message shorter. If this is against forum rules, I will correct myself in next posts.
Old 31st October 2016, 12:19   #5975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
===For regular mortals like me these tires are so far so good.
Quote:
Thanks for the quick feedback. My understanding is that hard tyre makes more noise and have less road grip. Please correct me if am wrong.

I have used JK tyres that comes with MUL vehicles, multiple cars. They are just average tyres, they offer ok levels of grip. But they do not offer the best of grip, period! Especially in wet. Tyre noise also is on the harder side. But the biggest issue is they start ageing very fast, at about 1 year the tyre starts showing its true colours. Tyre bulges and uneven (spot) wears are also not very uncommon. Unless you drive the car with better tyres, one might not realise all this (I did not atleast).

In short if you do lot of kms and are sure to wear them out in a year or two, keep them. Grip etc you will definitely understand and adapt fast, if you are an experienced driver, so its not drivable type of situation.

But if you run less and plan to keep the tyres for long, I suggest swap them for better rubber. Earlier exchange gets best price, keep that in mind. I am not a big fan of Michellin's myself, since they are over priced and are more susceptible to our nasty conditions. Yoko's are a good compromise that way, there are other options also, do search tyre section.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st October 2016 at 12:20.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 13:29   #5976
BHPian

Took delivery of our 1.3 Delta on Friday. The Odometer is at 860 kms now. Love the way the car rides and handles. Did a overnight Delhi-Agra-Delhi and came back very impressed! Will be taking the car for 1000 kms service this week. I have driven previous generation Innova for about 6000kms in total on highways, the ride quality does feel similar to the Innova.

Pictures of the Car:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4136.jpg

These tapes got stuck in front and rear left tyres after entering Agra late night yesterday, had to lift the car and get underneath and remove them.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4135.jpg

Notifications from the Matchpoint GPS Application:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4124.png

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4103.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4086.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4072.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 19:02   #5977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Took delivery of our 1.3 Delta on Friday...
Congrats! One suggestion, that wheel cap looks awfully out of place in that car. If you don't have plans of not upgrading to good alloy wheels, please do check for the availability of used stock alloys.

Those look better than the wheel covers, should be cheap to procure and will add a bit of flair to S-Cross!

Edit :: Since you are based out of New Delhi, the chor bazae(?) might have the stock alloys at throw away price, or some nice after market tyre shops.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st October 2016 at 19:04. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 20:02   #5978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats! One suggestion, that wheel cap looks awfully out of place in that car. If you don't have plans of not upgrading to good alloy wheels, please do check for the availability of used stock alloys.

Those look better than the wheel covers, should be cheap to procure and will add a bit of flair to S-Cross!

Edit :: Since you are based out of New Delhi, the chor bazae(?) might have the stock alloys at throw away price, or some nice after market tyre shops.
Yes, the steel rims will be replaced with the Alloys. My car is parked on the road, I don't want unwanted attention, our neighbourhood has seen a lot of car thefts in recent times. I am shifting to NCR in January where I will have my own parking. I will upgrade to the Alloys once I shift and also with get the rear spoiler fitted.

Chor Bazaar(Mayapuri) is close to my place, another reason for me to worry about the security of my car. A friend got the brake light housing for one side for Elite i20 from Mayapuri for 400/-

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 20:31   #5979
BHPian

Quote:
Chor Bazaar(Mayapuri) is close to my place, another reason for me to worry about the security of my car. A friend got the brake light housing for one side for Elite i20 from Mayapuri for 400/-

Attachment 1572429
I can understand your concerns about theft but be certain that S-Cross is less susceptible to such incidents. Thieves always prefer stealing cars & parts of popular models so that they can immediately sell off stolen stuff. I am already having trouble finding the tail light housing for my S-Cross in grey markets. I woke up to a broken left tail light glass (fender portion) Thursday morning. Usual delhi happenings, maybe? 😂
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 21:22   #5980
BANNED

Team, any clue on the 1.6 discounts in the NCR? Does someone have an updated pricelist. Thanks much.
Old 31st October 2016, 22:45   #5981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Team, any clue on the 1.6 discounts in the NCR? Does someone have an updated pricelist. Thanks much.
Here you go:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4147.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 23:48   #5982
BANNED

Quote:
Here you go:
What is this MCD parking charges?

Is the Basic Kit compulsory? And what does it contain?!

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st October 2016 at 23:49.
Old 1st November 2016, 08:03   #5983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What is this MCD parking charges?
That is a one time parking charge levied by Municipal Corporation.. The amount varies depending on the value of vehicle.

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/north-d.../1/516458.html
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 13:40   #5984
BHPian

Utility vehicle segment has a sales of 18008 units in the months of October from Maruti's table. (Brezza, S-Cross, Gypsy and Ertiga)
Old 1st November 2016, 16:37   #5985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Utility vehicle segment has a sales of 18008 units in the months of October from Maruti's table. (Brezza, S-Cross, Gypsy and Ertiga)
My vague assumption:

Brezza: 9.5K
Ertiga: 6K
SCross: 2K
Gypsy: 500

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks