Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2016, 22:34   #6436
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Is it just me who finds the driving Seat of Scross lacks Under Thigh support? Totally agreed it gives pain in right knee If you drive it for more than hour or so. I have noticed the A pedal in Scross is placed at Sightly awkward angle which forces you to drive with your right knee bended a little bit. The simple solution i have found it to rest your right knee on door and accelerate.
My height for reference is 6.1
Yea I too used to have some pain in right leg while driving my 1.6 while there was no problem with left leg inspite of long travel. Problem was acute in early days but gradually its reduced to almost nothing now. But i really didn't bother about this and without any concious effort my leg seem to have adjusted. Height 5' 11''.
Old 1st January 2017, 17:26   #6437
Senior - BHPian

Looks like most owners from Pune have the exact same experience regarding RM.

Even my original RM left his job at Nexa. I had got an SMS having the name of the new RM in it. However, the new RM has never contacted me for anything. I had called him once for assistance regarding an accessory, but firstly, he refused to accept that he has been assigned to me. Later when he found out from the system, he accepted and asked me if he could help me. I told him my request, but he blatantly refused, without any effort whatsoever.

However, I have been in touch with the head of all RM's and he is quite prompt to respond and always answers my phone call. But how many times, can/should I call the senior manager? It does not feel good, when you have a designated RM, at least on paper.
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:46   #6438

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Looks like most owners from Pune have the exact same experience regarding RM.

Even my original RM left his job at Nexa. I had got an SMS having the name of the new RM in it. However, the new RM has never contacted me for anything. I had called him once for assistance regarding an accessory, but firstly, he refused to accept that he has been assigned to me. Later when he found out from the system, he accepted and asked me if he could help me. I told him my request, but he blatantly refused, without any effort whatsoever.

However, I have been in touch with the head of all RM's and he is quite prompt to respond and always answers my phone call. But how many times, can/should I call the senior manager? It does not feel good, when you have a designated RM, at least on paper.
Similar story here. My RM (@Pratham Nexa) quit before I could complete all formalities. The new RM in the SMS from Maruthi would not acknowledge being my RM! The alleged RM and her branch mgr would cut my calls. Took about 50+ calls, several emails and 6+ months to get me mats, parcel tray and refund of some excess deposit paid (for which I was asked to send the customer support person a gratitude email). All after being one of the first to prebook and buy the 1.6.
And BTW - almost all of them (including Maruti customer support) are very wary of replying by email. Their servers are always crashing it seems.
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:41   #6439
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a clue if the Delta and Zeta variants of 1.6 might be re-introduced in the near future ?

Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:32   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a clue if the Delta and Zeta variants of 1.6 might be re-introduced in the near future ?

Thanks.
No. They will not; too slow moving. If you are in Bombay - Nexa in Lower Parel had a 1.6 Zeta unregistered which was a TD vehicle with about 8k on the odometer which they were selling for a significant discount.
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:00   #6441
BHPian

Did a Bangalore - Thrissur - Bangalore round trip in my S-Cross. Left Bangalore on Christmas day and returned today. Drive was uneventful. Total trip mileage ~1250KMs with the 250 KM at the native place short trips. Overall fuel economy for the trip was 22KM/L with AC. Onward journey took 8 Hrs (504 KM) with a 30 minutes break. Return (490 KM) took 7 Hrs 45 minutes with a 30 minutes break. Highway performance was perfectly OK.

My Granite beauty taking rest under a mango tree shade after the splendid onward highway journey.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20161230_203610.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:13   #6442
BHPian

Guys,
Quick question, I just came to know in my office, that I am eligible for a Car Lease Program.
My loan has been processed, but I would like to use the CLP my office gives.
Is there anyways I can cancel my loan and avail the CLP.
Any suggestions ?
Please advise

My EMI begins in Feb, I am yet to get my car delivered, it is not yet been registered in my name.
I am guessing my options are still open.

Last edited by RROD : 2nd January 2017 at 19:14.
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:13   #6443
BHPian

For those interested - I am very keen on live traffic updates to avoid jams

Apple Car Play -
I was planning on getting an older model Iphone - like an iPhone 5 from the US to use as a secondary phone because the S-Cross has Apple Car Play. As it turns out, from what I gather (please correct me if wrong) - Apple Car Play in India does not support live maps.

Android Auto
Not supported in the ICE yet - some say it only requires a software update. There is no consensus.

MirrorLink
This would be ideal as it seems to support Navigation via Sygic on Android Phones but the reviews for MirrorLink itself are a bit disheartening - some phones are compatible, some are not. Even phones which are listed as compatible might not play all Apps. Has anyone used MirrorLink successfully?

Else, I'd just have to wait for an Android Auto update on the ICE.
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:40   #6444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Quick question, I just came to know in my office, that I am eligible for a Car Lease Program.
Any suggestions ?
Please advise
Good question at a wrong place

You should be ideally asking this questions at two places...
1. Bank that processed your loan
2. Office that is giving you CLP

Anyway, my gut feel says, you'll be able to cancel your loan with a hefty foreclosure amount/penalty charges at the bank because most of them do not allow to close the loan within 6 months.

But that said, if the CLP is being handled by a leasing company, then be happy that you opted for a bank loan that helped you save significantly on interest.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 11:57   #6445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
For those interested - I am very keen on live traffic updates to avoid jams

Android Auto
Not supported in the ICE yet - some say it only requires a software update. There is no consensus.
Else, I'd just have to wait for an Android Auto update on the ICE.
Hi, the current android auto do not depend on the ICE of the car at all and works directly from the mobile (works out for your requirement). Though this leads to missing out some of the futures like RPM etc., but will be more than enough for using it as a Map.

Please check this out.

Girish
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:13   #6446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Another option is to retrofit good quality projectors. Remember, these aftermarket projectors have better output than projectors of Alpha variant. I would suggest Xenon Planet in Bangalore for the same.
But doing this will make the warranty void right? I was thinking of installing mini super v2 stage 3 from xenon planet, but the warranty issue is stopping me from doing so.
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:40   #6447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Guys,
Any suggestions ?
Please advise

My EMI begins in Feb, I am yet to get my car delivered, it is not yet been registered in my name.
I am guessing my options are still open.
If the payment has not been disbursed yet then you should be able to cancel the loan. A leasing company would take a week and disburse the payment.

If you have the CLP option and plan to stay with your organization throughout the tenure of the loan, it is always a more profitable option. I am assuming it is a Finance Lease and not a Operating Lease. You will save a lot. The Actual OTR value of my Ritz came to 4L OTR when the actual price was 6L.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:40   #6448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
The alloys are good looking compared to the wheel-cup like old ones. I took delivery of my October manufactured 1.3 Zeta in November first week and it was heartbreaking to know that the cars manufactured from November onwards has new alloy design.

They have installed the illuminated door sills (part of the free accessories package) and the left back door one has already come off and it is not locking there properly.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 13:47   #6449
BHPian

Has anyone tried component speakers without an amp with the S-Cross ICE (Zeta/Alpha variants)? I was considering this but not sure if the stock head unit would be able to drive them.
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:06   #6450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Has anyone tried component speakers without an amp with the S-Cross ICE (Zeta/Alpha variants)? I was considering this but not sure if the stock head unit would be able to drive them.
I have components in the front doors, no amp. ICE is working just fine, and sound quality has improved tremendously.
Please ensure that you also get proper damping done in the doors when installing the speakers. Otherwise, the door pads will rattle and vibrate like crazy if you crank up the volume above level 10.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed