Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:10   #6451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
But doing this will make the warranty void right? I was thinking of installing mini super v2 stage 3 from xenon planet, but the warranty issue is stopping me from doing so.
Hi. Any suggestions for places in Delhi NCR where I can visit for suggestions on upgrade for the lighting for my 1.6 alpha?
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:21   #6452
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Hi. Any suggestions for places in Delhi NCR where I can visit for suggestions on upgrade for the lighting for my 1.6 alpha?
Contact "xenonplanet", They are located in chandighar, but they provide service s in Delhi and NCR. Check their website for Contact info.

I just got my 1.6 alpha upgrade yesterday with XP micro.
pdeep4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:13   #6453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
Contact "xenonplanet", They are located in chandighar, but they provide service s in Delhi and NCR. Check their website for Contact info.

Did you upgrade the main HL? Some pics would really be appreciated .
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:30   #6454
BHPian

Quote:

Did you use the 4300, 5000 or 6000k bulbs? Can you please pics of before and after and also of how the setup looks up close and if the 0.5 inch gap is an issue. Thanks!
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:50   #6455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Did you upgrade the main HL? Some pics would really be appreciated .
Quote:
Did you use the 4300, 5000 or 6000k bulbs? Can you please pics of before and after and also of how the setup looks up close and if the 0.5 inch gap is an issue. Thanks!
Details of installation.

1)Installed XP Micro in place of fog lamps, that's the best place to fit in as I didn't want to touch the main HL,
2)Bulb temp 4300 K
3)55 W Instant ballast.
4) Light throughput is unbelievable and worth the time and money.
5) 0.5 inch gap still exists but hardly noticeable, need sometime before commenting on that 0.5 inch gap and the effect of the same.

Need to click closeup pics, Will post it in sometime.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170102wa0044.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170102wa0040.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170102wa0039.jpg  

pdeep4u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 23:31   #6456
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing the video link.. XP micro alone is switched on that too on low beam,

Link:

In my view 0.5 inch gap shouldn't bother much , infact the gap helps XP micro with 55W ballast decipate heat easily causing no damage to the setup. Only thing is if one observes the fog lamp carefully they can make out the gap..

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd January 2017 at 23:43.
Old 3rd January 2017, 23:47   #6457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing the video link.. XP micro alone is switched on that too on low beam,
Sir, this video is showing as "Private".

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 16:55   #6458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Sir, this video is showing as "Private".

Regards,
Shashi
Its now public, thanks Shashi for the remainder.
Old 5th January 2017, 13:49   #6459
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Completed 17,500 kms in 10.5 months The car has been absolutely problem free (touch wood) and has done whatever I have asked it to.

One issue reported by some of my co-passengers is dizziness / car sickness even while driving short distances. While my wife, mother and daughter have never complained this, my sister, my sister-in-law and my father-in-law have complained of this. Now, I there can be 3 reasons based on my observation.
  • Rough road ride quality in low speeds: All the time they complained, I was travelling in bad roads / rural roads with huge potholes. Could the stiff suspension and not-so-good low speed ride quality be the culprit?
  • My driving style being a bit aggressive: I tend to accelerate when I find some good bit of road and slow down when the road becomes bad and take curves enthusiastically since the car is game for it.
  • They not being used to car AC: All 3 of them who complained are used to travel in cars with windows wide open and I NEVER do that. The AC being in re-circulation mode the windows being closed could have given them the nausea. They feel better once the AC is turned off and windows rolled down.
Has anyone else observed this or got similar feedback. I would like to understand and correct my driving style if that is the cause.

Another small issue was a warning "Water in Fuel Pump" that was encountered last week. I was in my home town and I chose to fill up from an unfamiliar fuel station simply because that was the only one which has a Nitrogen inflator. As I fired up the engine after filling up, the MID displayed the warning. I tried switching off and on multiple times and the warning kept coming.

Fortunately for me, the Maruti Suzuki service station was right in the next compound. I took the car there but they had never worked on a S-Cross yet - Miraculously, the warning disappeared when I tried to show them the same. And the mechanics over there could not understand what I told them - I took the Manual and showed them the picture and wordings of the warning but still they tried to act ignorant I left the place since the error was gone and since then it has not returned.

I am not sure if I can just ignore the warning or take it to a service station ASAP. Experts please advice.

Last edited by Vigkey : 5th January 2017 at 13:52.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 14:08   #6460
BHPian

Hello guys, I had booked Scross in December and is due for delivery.
My RTO is Mumbai - MH03
Had a chat with my RM and got to know that all the registration formalities have been completed but the number isn't revealed to the agent (Nexa) yet. As per him, there's some new process by which the registration number is sent to the owner by SMS (not the agent) and I should be receiving it by tomorrow.
Does any one know of such process?
Old 5th January 2017, 14:24   #6461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hello guys, I had booked Scross in December and is due for delivery.
My RTO is Mumbai - MH03
Had a chat with my RM and got to know that all the registration formalities have been completed but the number isn't revealed to the agent (Nexa) yet. As per him, there's some new process by which the registration number is sent to the owner by SMS (not the agent) and I should be receiving it by tomorrow.
Does any one know of such process?
That is correct. Here's the SMS I had received from RTO:

Reg.No. MH12Mxxxxx is allotted to chassis No-xxxxxxxxx116489 on 27-Nov-2015. (Receipt No-DNxxxx) Thanks...RTO, PUNE

I had received the SMS before the dealer received the information.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 14:28   #6462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
That is correct. Here's the SMS I had received from RTO:

Reg.No. MH12Mxxxxx is allotted to chassis No-xxxxxxxxx116489 on 27-Nov-2015. (Receipt No-DNxxxx) Thanks...RTO, PUNE

I had received the SMS before the dealer received the information.
Thanks for the quick reply. Really hoping to get my hands on S-Cross this weekend. Fingers crossed!
djkher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 14:32   #6463
BHPian

Hi,

What components are you using? I have got the front door damping done, but still running on stock ICE.
If I can improve the setup just by changing into components, that will be fantastic.

Girish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I have components in the front doors, no amp. ICE is working just fine, and sound quality has improved tremendously.
Please ensure that you also get proper damping done in the doors when installing the speakers. Otherwise, the door pads will rattle and vibrate like crazy if you crank up the volume above level 10.
Old 5th January 2017, 15:50   #6464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

What components are you using? I have got the front door damping done, but still running on stock ICE.
If I can improve the setup just by changing into components, that will be fantastic.

Girish
I have observed that the components alone won't be able to bring a lot of change in sound quality(s-cross has 2 tweeters). So I changed all the 4 door speakers to Hertz 2-way co-axials but the big change was the introduction of Hertz active subwoofer. The beauty is that this is available at nexa and a plug and play setup. Now you have to be inside the car to feel the power of the subwoofer. The setup is worth every penny spent.
Old 5th January 2017, 15:56   #6465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
The setup is worth every penny spent.
Could you please specify how many pennies did you spend?

Most Viewed