Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 16:01   #6466
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
I have observed that the components alone won't be able to bring a lot of change in sound quality(s-cross has 2 tweeters). So I changed all the 4 door speakers to Hertz 2-way co-axials but the big change was the introduction of Hertz active subwoofer. The beauty is that this is available at nexa and a plug and play setup. Now you have to be inside the car to feel the power of the subwoofer. The setup is worth every penny spent.
Thats great to hear. I see that you are from Bangalore too, so where can I have the fortune of sitting in your car

I work close to Marathahalli and stay in BSK III stage. Any place close to these two will be great.

And, I will be waiting for the reply to the next post about pennies...
Old 5th January 2017, 16:02   #6467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Could you please specify how many pennies did you spend?
Well that's classified
1490/- to be specific.
Actual cost of the setup - 19490/-
Buyback of 4 OEM speakers - 2000/-
Nexa voucher - 16000/-
sou_3749 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 18:33   #6468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
I have observed that the components alone won't be able to bring a lot of change in sound quality(s-cross has 2 tweeters). So I changed all the 4 door speakers to Hertz 2-way co-axials but the big change was the introduction of Hertz active subwoofer. The beauty is that this is available at nexa and a plug and play setup. Now you have to be inside the car to feel the power of the subwoofer. The setup is worth every penny spent.
I too am running the similar setup on my SCross. Using since almost a year (well 11 months actually) and enjoying every bit of this upgrade.
Old 6th January 2017, 06:31   #6469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I too am running the similar setup on my SCross. Using since almost a year (well 11 months actually) and enjoying every bit of this upgrade.
Can you please post the pix of the sub. Where is it mounted, on the parcel try or...

4 co axials + sub is less than 20k for you too prasanna?
Old 6th January 2017, 09:09   #6470
BHPian

Someone have stolen my Fm Antenna yesterday. First i was worried it may have broken the entire assembly but luckily only upper Antenna part is missing. Do baleno and scross share same Antenna? Will visit MGA accessory store today itself as car looks bit awkward without it.
Old 6th January 2017, 09:20   #6471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Someone have stolen my Fm Antenna yesterday. First i was worried it may have broken the entire assembly but luckily only upper Antenna part is missing. Do baleno and scross share same Antenna? Will visit MGA accessory store today itself as car looks bit awkward without it.
For some of the cars, it's very easy to steal the antenna. It comes out by just rotating it. But most of the Maruti cars have a lock below the antenna, so that it cannot be stolen from outside. To remove the antenna, we need to access that lock by lowering the roof panel insulation inside. I think the thieves managed to pull it out forcefully and would have ended up with a broken antenna.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 09:31   #6472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
For some of the cars, it's very easy to steal the antenna. It comes out by just rotating it. But most of the Maruti cars have a lock below the antenna, so that it cannot be stolen from outside. To remove the antenna, we need to access that lock by lowering the roof panel insulation inside. I think the thieves managed to pull it out forcefully and would have ended up with a broken antenna.
I guess scross comes with rotating one without any lock. I saw no signs of breakage though. Had gone to exhibition at Bandra-kurla complex. Saw it after i returned to home.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170106_091902.jpg  

Old 6th January 2017, 09:37   #6473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess scross comes with rotating one without any lock. I saw no signs of breakage though. Had gone to exhibition at Bandra-kurla complex. Saw it after i returned to home.
Antenna on my Baleno doesn't come out with just rotating. I noticed this during the roof wrap. Installer had to remove the lock from inside and then take the antenna out. I will check on my S-Cross. Also it looks like thieves cut the Antenna in your case. If the Antenna is removed properly, I think a bigger hole would be visible.
Old 6th January 2017, 09:54   #6474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Antenna on my Baleno doesn't come out with just rotating. I noticed this during the roof wrap. Installer had to remove the lock from inside and then take the antenna out. I will check on my S-Cross. Also it looks like thieves cut the Antenna in your case. If the Antenna is removed properly, I think a bigger hole would be visible.
But i am not able to find any signs of breakage over there. Everything else looks in perfect shape.it just feels like someone just removed it easily.will have detailed look once again.
Lesson learnt.
Old 6th January 2017, 10:11   #6475

Quote:
But i am not able to find any signs of breakage over there. Everything else looks in perfect shape.it just feels like someone just removed it easily.will have detailed look once again.
Lesson learnt.
The antenna element is a simple screw in type. I remove it often for automated car wash and fix it back.
Roof wrapping would require removal of the base unit which is different story.
You should be able to buy a replacement and screw in the whip part yourself.

BTW - I think these short stubby antennas look good but dont give as good reception as the long thin ones on Ford models.
shrek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 10:14   #6476
BHPian

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem. Last week I had to leave my S-cross for around a week idle and I noticed some junk below the engine bay. Just to make sure, I opened the bonnet and there were close to a dozen used diapers stored by rats. Spent almost two hours to clean it after opening the bottom covers etc.
I requested the people in the building not through the soiled diapers in to the dustbin.

But today to my horror I saw that the diapers are replaced by milk covers and some plastic covers etc.

Is there a permanent solution for this menace. I think I am lucky the two times as no wires are cut etc., but do not want to depend on the luck always.

Thanks in advance.

Girish
PS: The first time I had left the car with car-cover and after that removed the cover and using it no more.
Old 6th January 2017, 10:37   #6477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
The antenna element is a simple screw in type. I remove it often for automated car wash and fix it back.
Just bought Antenna from MGA store which is located next to my building. Its just simple screw type Antenna costs 169rs
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170106_102101_1920x108001.jpeg  

sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 12:18   #6478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

Is there a permanent solution for this menace. I think I am lucky the two times as no wires are cut etc., but do not want to depend on the luck always.

PS: The first time I had left the car with car-cover and after that removed the cover and using it no more.
I had same problem with SX4 and was not as lucky as you were. I had the wires cut and had to visit MASS. Did following and it solved the problem for me :
1. Buy rat trap sheets (ones with adhesive) and place it under the engine bay. This would most probably help to catch the rat(s) which have mad it a habit to rest in the engine bay of your car.

2. Buy some very low quality tobacco, soak it wet and pack in a piece of old cloth and tie it in the engine bay (Please ensure it does not interfere with belts and other moving parts. And also keep it away from hot parts)

3. Buy a normal rat trap and keep it near the car for few days.

Quote:
Can you please post the pix of the sub. Where is it mounted, on the parcel try or...

4 co axials + sub is less than 20k for you too prasanna?
Sub is kept in the boot and it has two velcro strips beneath, which helps keep it fixed. Will post the photo later today.

Yes. 4 co axials and the Sub costed less than 20k. If I remember correctly, I paid 19K.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 6th January 2017 at 12:25.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 12:43   #6479
BHPian

Thanks very much Prasanna, will try some of them (may end up doing all of them though).

Quote:
1. Buy rat trap sheets (ones with adhesive) and place it under the engine bay. This would most probably help to catch the rat(s) which have mad it a habit to rest in the engine bay of your car.
On the floor you mean?

Quote:
2. Buy some very low quality tobacco, soak it wet and pack in a piece of old cloth and tie it in the engine bay (Please ensure it does not interfere with belts and other moving parts. And also keep it away from hot parts)
Has to visit NR Colony/Gandhi bazaar sometime to source the tobacco this weekend.

Quote:
3. Buy a normal rat trap and keep it near the car for few days.
Will surely do, but I think the rat is that bigger than the normal rat traps.

Girish
Old 6th January 2017, 12:56   #6480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Thanks very much Prasanna, will try some of them (may end up doing all of them though).

On the floor you mean?

Has to visit NR Colony/Gandhi bazaar sometime to source the tobacco this weekend.

Will surely do, but I think the rat is that bigger than the normal rat traps.

Girish
Yes. On the floor below engine. You can even try keeping a slightly burnt piece of biscuit / coconut in the middle of that adhesive sheet.

For tobacco, go to your nearest cigarette shop and ask for the cheap tobacco powder packed in plastic pouches.

Bigger rat(s) will typically get caught in the adhesive sheet. This will be for smaller members of the family. If any.

Most Viewed