Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 17:01   #6541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any pictures buddy of the holes drilled and post installation?

How is the quality of the work?
My phone camera is not working since morning. So I couldn't click any pics. I will post few pics tomorrow. Quality of the work is good and they took hardly 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Hi

What is this audio kit and what does it do?

Regards
I do not have much knowledge on Audio. Nexa Accessory guy told me that the upgrade will have better sound and VFM price. He showed me stock speakers of S-Cross to compare with Hertz. Hertz speakers were heavy and quality was also good. Stock speakers were so light like paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

Why six holes? Spoiler comes with 2 mounting bolts only. Right? I think it was 6 MM bolts.
As I mentioned before, 4 holes were drilled on the top and then bolted with spoiler. And 2 holes are drilled on the inner side of boot lid. I am not sure the reason behind this. It looked like they tightened the bolts from below through the inner holes. Inner 2 holes are covered with a thick tape like material.

EDIT : It's 4 holes in total. They have drilled 4 holes on the top part of boot lid and it opens up on inside. The upper portion of the hole is bolted with spoiler. I do not understand the logic behind lower portion of the holes( Yes, these open into the inner side).

Could anyone who have installed the spoiler post a pic of inner side of boot lid ( top portion). I want to see if holes are present. They would have covered it anyways.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 12th January 2017 at 17:19.
Old 12th January 2017, 17:26   #6542
BHPian

The dash on my 1.6 alpha has started vibrating at low and high rpms. The vibrations stop once i press the dash down with my hand so obviously its a fit and finish issue. Will go to workshop but any suggestions why a 5 lac car problem is occurring in a 13 lac car and if it can be solved?
Old 12th January 2017, 18:44   #6543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
The dash on my 1.6 alpha has started vibrating at low and high rpms. The vibrations stop once i press the dash down with my hand so obviously its a fit and finish issue. Will go to workshop but any suggestions why a 5 lac car problem is occurring in a 13 lac car and if it can be solved?
If the vibrations are minimal, then I suggest you to just forget about it. Service guys might remove the entire dash and refit it to rectify the issue. If it's not done properly, you might have more rattling in future.
Old 12th January 2017, 20:41   #6544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Could anyone who have installed the spoiler post a pic of inner side of boot lid ( top portion). I want to see if holes are present. They would have covered it anyways.
This is the pic I just shot with my phone. please bear with the quality. I could see only 2 drill mountings for the Spoiler. Will check further properly in day light tomorrow.

I do specifically remember, the Service guy telling me that they have to drill 2 holes for fixing the Spoiler. (This discussion was almost 1.5 years ago).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170112_194724.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 7th November 2019 at 22:31. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 20:56   #6545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is the pic I just shot with my phone. please bear with the quality. I could see only 2 drill mountings for the Spoiler. Will check further properly in day light tomorrow.

I do specifically remember, the Service guy telling me that they have to drill 2 holes for fixing the Spoiler. (This discussion was almost 1.5 years ago)
What you have mentioned on the pic are not the holes drilled to fit spoiler. I think it is used to open rear stop lamp. Those two screws were present even before fitment of spoiler, I believe.

Look for the 4 points covered with thick tape. These were the holes drilled to fit spoiler

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170112_205027.jpg

Zoom into the picture and you will see those 2 screws
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170112wa0046.jpg
Pic taken from Official Review!!

I think the spoiler could be mounted even with 2 holes. But the spoiler had specific marking at 4 points. Installer kept the spoiler on roof and marked those points and drilled. The reason for the holes at inner side is to prevent "theft" as it's screwed from within.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 12th January 2017 at 21:09.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 21:23   #6546
BANNED

Quote:

This is the pic I just shot with my phone. please bear with the quality.
Those holes/screws are for the High Mount Stop Lamp (HMSL).

Quote:
What you have mentioned on the pic are not the holes drilled to fit spoiler.
Do post some day light image when possible
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 23:10   #6547
BHPian

Quote:
I do not have much knowledge on Audio. Nexa Accessory guy told me that the upgrade will have better sound and VFM price. He showed me stock speakers of S-Cross to compare with Hertz. Hertz speakers were heavy and quality was also good. Stock speakers were so light like paper.
Can you tell me the Hertz speaker model number? Has the sound quality improved as advertised by the Nexa guy?
Old 13th January 2017, 00:53   #6548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
Can you tell me the Hertz speaker model number? Has the sound quality improved as advertised by the Nexa guy?
I do not know the model number. I had only asked him about it, not installed in my car. Hertz MGA Kit for 20K looks VFM. There is no cutting of wires and 1 year warranty is provided. I am not in a hurry for Audio upgrade.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 01:25   #6549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
Check this post where Prasanna has installed Hertz speaker!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3943878

He has mentioned the model number too. May be of your help.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 09:41   #6550
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing few pics of my S-Cross with spoiler

Black spoiler, black wrap, black Team BHP sticker and black alloys: Love this pic!!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0004.jpg

Side View :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0003.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0002.jpg

Rear View :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0009.jpg

Close up pics :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0005.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0008.jpg

Look for the 4 areas covered with thick tape: these were the holes drilled
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0006.jpg

And one more pic!!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170113wa0007.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 7th November 2019 at 22:31. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 11:03   #6551
Senior - BHPian

Ohk, now i got it, the bottom holes are to access and tighten the nuts of the spoiler. However rather than blanking off the holes with tapes, Maruti could easily have designed an insert .
@Dr Naren- the car looks complete now. Darn now the itch to install a spoiler is bugging me.
Planning to replace the RVM covers with black ones.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 13th January 2017 at 11:06.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 11:20   #6552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Ohk, now i got it, the bottom holes are to access and tighten the nuts of the spoiler. However rather than blanking off the holes with tapes, Maruti could easily have designed an insert .
@Dr Naren- the car looks complete now. Darn now the itch to install a spoiler is bugging me.
Planning to replace the RVM covers with black ones.
Yes, it's bolted from inside to prevent theft. Maruti provides spoiler from factory for all variants of Baleno, they could have at least provided proper inserts for S-Cross.

Even your car is white, time to make it complete with black spoiler and a remap?
Old 13th January 2017, 12:07   #6553
BHPian

Was not in the country and the car has been ready for a while. Will pick up the car on Sunday and post the delivery experience shortly. Have negotiated a tyre swap for 9k - but that is for 4 tyres. Is it advisable to swap just 4 or to swap the spare tyre as well? Going with the Yoko Earth1s.
Old 13th January 2017, 12:07   #6554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's bolted from inside to prevent theft. Maruti provides spoiler from factory for all variants of Baleno, they could have at least provided proper inserts for S-Cross.

Even your car is white, time to make it complete with black spoiler and a remap?
A remap is definitely on the anvil. However I am a bit apprehensive on how the gear box would take the additional torque since i don't want to end up with a busted tranny especially considering the fact that the unit is imported and the spares would definitely cost a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Was not in the country and the car has been ready for a while. Will pick up the car on Sunday and post the delivery experience shortly. Have negotiated a tyre swap for 9k - but that is for 4 tyres. Is it advisable to swap just 4 or to swap the spare tyre as well? Going with the Yoko Earth1s.
Congratulations. I would suggest not to swap the spare if you or going for the same specs. Reason, the spare is not an alloy and you wont be using it during tyre rotation. I always treat the spare tyre, as a spare and they are to be used only in emergencies.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 13th January 2017 at 12:17.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 12:25   #6555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
A remap is definitely on the anvil. However I am a bit apprehensive on how the gear box would take the additional torque since i don't want to end up with a busted tranny especially considering the fact that the unit is imported and the spares would definitely cost a bomb.
Yes, I understand your concerns about gearbox. I was also delaying the remap for same reason. S-Cross 1.6 has fully imported M32 gearbox. Same gearbox is used in many Fiat / Alfa Romeo / Lancia cars abroad. Guys in Europe have remapped till 380-390 NM and have reported no issues. I have run around 8000 KM post remap and no issues till date. I know 8000 KM is not a big thing.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed