Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 15:53   #6601
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing this information.

The S-Cross now gets ISOFIX.
Yeh! I am happy to read this. I was waiting

Thank God I didn't get the car allotted. Also I will not pester my RM for a few days now.
Old 20th January 2017, 23:49   #6602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Yeh! I am happy to read this. I was waiting

Thank God I didn't get the car allotted. Also I will not pester my RM for a few days now.
Infact, you should ensure you call him and ask for the one with the update to be allotted to you.

Being extra cautious is not a bad thing.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 06:27   #6603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing this information.

The S-Cross now gets ISOFIX.
Thanks for sharing the information.

Can these ISOFIX be retrofitted in S Cross?
Old 21st January 2017, 07:34   #6604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Infact, you should ensure you call him and ask for the one with the update to be allotted to you.

Being extra cautious is not a bad thing.
I later thought of the same and called him. He said yes all scross coming in now come with ISOFIX.

Waiting game still on.
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:31   #6605
BHPian

Guys,
Below is my first impressions. It’s been a week since I got it, and have driven about 150 kms.
+’ves
* Car is a joy to ride in the city. Coming from the low seated Figo, the S-Cross's high seating is a boon for city driving.
* The power and torque is adequate. It’s adequate for my style. I haven’t driven on highways yet, i think its good enough for most of us.
* Cabin is very spacious
* Car has feel good factor in it. I have driven in dense BLR traffic and haven’t lost my cool yet.
* I am already getting a mileage of around 14 kmpl. it may get better after first service.
* The looks. It grows on you.It looks great in urban blue.

-‘ves
* Backlit buttons missing for locking the doors will be missed a lot.
* Gear shifts are not smooth, especially while shifting from 4th to 3rd. I am expecting it to get better after first service.
* Gear lever feels very flimsy
* Cabin is not the quietest. But it is not a deal breaker. It mainly depends on the tarmac.

I will update the list any new findings.
Overall its a great car, I am very happy with the decision

Last edited by RROD : 22nd January 2017 at 12:32.
RROD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 13:53   #6606
Sip
BHPian

Hi folks !!

Got my 3rd free service done @ 10000 kms for 1.6 Zeta. Total cost to pocket Rs. 4917/-

This include oil filter change, engine oil change, other fluids top up, wheel balancing, wheel alignment and air filter cleaning (was not in bad shape hence retained after cleaning, would clean it after another 5000 kms and change if required).

Reported to SA sound from brake paddle while pressing and it still exists besides some rattles from front windows and B pillars. Niggle continues and SA promised to address it after 2 days when their expert returns from leave.

Otherwise car continues with its delightful performance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170122_132940.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161002_085137.jpg  

Sip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 20:20   #6607
Sip
BHPian

Guys as reported earlier, completed 10000 kms on my 1.6 Zeta. At this stage I think that my understanding of vehicle has increased a bit. So just to express the silent points about car:-

Definite Pros of this car:

- First and foremost - Engine! Has wow factor. Simply puts you ahead of most cars available on our roads in the nearby price bands. Makes you smile every time. However to get the explosive output you need to treat it aptly. Its made to dominate the speed game and delight its driver.

- Handling especially between 70-120 kmph is superb, you can maneuver it confidently in the indicated speed band. Monstrous pick up and effective braking makes it a brutal package! Braking effectiveness decreases gradually post 100 kmph but quickly after say 130 kmph.

- Car has good space and high sitting position. Speed masking is good. Seating is comfortable. Interiors are beautifully done and most often liked by people.

- Milage is very important factor in Indian scenario. Sure, 1.6 can fetch you milage about 22 Kmpl if driven sedately on a highway. But concurrently it also offers you such thrills that you would forget bothering about milage !

Negatives:

- Average headlights, poor wipers since day one, useless sunglass holder (due to rattling if used for the purpose) and outside noise seeps into cabin. Though tyres does make noise and criticised by many but till date I have not faced any problems. Tyre noise problem seems to be accentuated by poor sound insulation. So little bit of music is essential in case one detest any outside sounds.

Alpha is loaded with features to the brim and only trim with projector headlamps. Zeta is decently loaded with features. IMHO, Delta trim also provides you all desirable features except seat height adjustments and auto dimming IRVM/ Cruise control. Considering alloys and fog lamps could be done afterwards. However, most guys prefer ICE system but personally I am not that much fond of it!

Last edited by ampere : 25th January 2017 at 09:38. Reason: fixed typo
Sip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 07:47   #6608
BHPian

I am considering booking the 1.6 this week. Mainstay is weekend and highway trips. 40% of this will be to hill stations(ooty, coorg) and ghats with 4-5 adults and luggage. Mostly in favourable climate. Will the 1.6 serve decently on twisty uphill and inclined roads given the fact peak torque kicks in late. Will the engine stall or refuse to budge in stop and go situations on the hills? Also will the 1.3 suffice for my purpose Or should go for the 1.6.?

I understand that driving in the hills is all about momentum and the right gear.
Thanks.

Last edited by jaunthead : 25th January 2017 at 07:53.
Old 25th January 2017, 09:22   #6609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Mainstay is weekend and highway trips.
1.6 it is, eyes closed

Quote:
Will the engine stall or refuse to budge in stop and go situations on the hills? Also will the 1.3 suffice for my purpose Or should go for the 1.6.?
1.6 feels effortless on ghats. But the problem is if you get stuck on an incline, you would find little difficulty in getting the car climb up. 1.3 feels better in this scenario.

1.3 will serve the purpose and it is good enough to take you from Point A to Point B. But if you want to do the same thing with wide grin on your face, please go with 1.6
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 13:35   #6610
BHPian

Quote:
... Will the 1.6 serve decently on twisty uphill and inclined roads given the fact peak torque kicks in late. Will the engine stall or refuse to budge in stop and go situations on the hills?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1.6 it is, eyes closed

1.6 feels effortless on ghats. ...
Buy 1.6 and get it remapped like Naren. Best of all Worlds.

The stock 1.6's turbo lag on hills will definitely be much more painful than 1.3's lag.

The best scenario would be to take a test drive of both 1.6 & 1.3 on ghats. And do try stop start & slow cruising on the hills.

Remember, whenever you test drive the 1.6 try to keep the car below 2k RPM, to get a hang of turbo lag on hills/city traffic.

The amazing push above 2k RPM tends to mask the actual lag.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 16:28   #6611
BHPian

Hi, I need to upsize my rim size from 16 inchers to 17 inch.
I cant find much information on the same here.What is the recommended 17 inch rim tyre combination for the S cross 1.6L.
Thank you in advance.
Old 25th January 2017, 18:50   #6612
BHPian

So booked the 1.6 today evening. After lots of ifs and buts with the wifey the decision was made to go all out. Dealer said 4-6 weeks for the delivery. A bit numbed as I keep churning the otr price in my mind.
jaunthead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 21:57   #6613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So booked the 1.6 today evening. After lots of ifs and buts with the wifey the decision was made to go all out. Dealer said 4-6 weeks for the delivery. A bit numbed as I keep churning the otr price in my mind.
Congratulations. Question - Why didn't you wait until Mar 31 to make a better financial deal?
Old 25th January 2017, 22:36   #6614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Hi, I need to upsize my rim size from 16 inchers to 17 inch.
I cant find much information on the same here.What is the recommended 17 inch rim tyre combination for the S cross 1.6L.
Thank you in advance.
BHPian Mi10 has done the upsizing to 17" wheel and to 225/50R17 tyre. Please refer the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3887601
Old 25th January 2017, 22:46   #6615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Congratulations. Question - Why didn't you wait until Mar 31 to make a better financial deal?
Thanks.
I have been after this car for almost a year now. Initial purchase was intended around the festive season last year but other priorities took centerstage. My old car resale is going down at the same time. Add to that an impending visit by the in laws that will add a few weekend trips. And most importantly the home minister has been pushing for it. So all of this together contributed to today's booking.

Most Viewed