Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2017, 13:12   #6631
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I have ordered the carbon fibre wheel sticker for S-Cross from Ali express. It's in transit and hope to receive in another couple of weeks. The price was 12.9 USD for a set of 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross-wheel-sticker.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 13:37   #6632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Anyway, I lost interest with entire Nexa & even Maruti after they quoted 65K in exchange for my 2004 WagonR run for 82K Km Now it's only a question of time to make up our mind to Ameo/Vento/Aspire/Ecosport.
I sold my 2004 Wagon R Vxi in 2013 to a private buyer for 140k.

Try classifieds and get a deal outside. Don't let this one small thing come between you and your car choice.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 13:59   #6633
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
If someone here has purchased the additional warranty from Suzuki itself, can you tell me the cost? The Sai Service warranty was for 14k odd.

Thanks
Hi invidious! Thanks for raising issue. Taken my extended warranty to MASS nearby to verify and he confirmed it MS extended warranty and not dealer specific. Base cost 14190/- and including taxes 16318/-
Old 28th January 2017, 14:55   #6634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Hi invidious! Thanks for raising issue. Taken my extended warranty to MASS nearby to verify and he confirmed it MS extended warranty and not dealer specific. Base cost 14190/- and including taxes 16318/-
Thanks. So it is basically the same price. It is really one of the most sleight-handed people I've dealt with. It is a shame there is only one Nexa in South Bombay.

My wife has booked the Baleno and she has gone through the Nexa dealer in Andheri, thankfully. I have to examine everything with a fine tooth-comb with these guys. They even charged be 2.5% for using credit card on some accessories - it was only some 100 odd rupees - but still ticked me off.
Old 28th January 2017, 21:16   #6635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have ordered the carbon fibre wheel sticker for S-Cross from Ali express. It's in transit and hope to receive in another couple of weeks. The price was 12.9 USD for a set of 4.
Not sure how this will look. I have seen it on a couple of cars and they didn't really work towards uplifting the looks of the vehicle. Plus they peel off really quick because of all the heat generated.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-16265307_10207129272583831_7610063334011763876_n.jpg

Pic source-Facebook

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 22:46   #6636
BHPian

DRLS on bumper for S Cross

Added an accessory
DRLs for S cross

This accessory is available in e bay for 100 dollars. Got it from a autoshop in Cochin for 6k (including installation - no cutting wires or panels, just plug and play). The DRLs came with the plastic housing for the fogs as well.

Looks good at night. Though it shouts an after market accessory when being parked, it lights up during ignition and gels with the rest of the bumper. No switches, it switches on with ignition. Infact it is brighter than the pilot lamps.

The price is a bit steep (6k), but I loved the look.

1. Switched off
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg
2. Ignition On - DRL mode
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg
With low exposure
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 07:13   #6637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Added an accessory
DRLs .
It looks really good to me. I am also on a lookout for a decent setup which is not over the board and as close to OEM.

How do you turn them on and off?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 07:49   #6638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
It looks really good to me. I am also on a lookout for a decent setup which is not over the board and as close to OEM.

What I understood from his post is it switches on with ignition on and switches off with the engine off. No separate on/off for the DRL.
Old 29th January 2017, 09:09   #6639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I lost interest with entire Nexa & even Maruti after they quoted 65K in exchange for my 2004 WagonR Now it's only a question of time to make up our mind to Ameo/Vento/Aspire
Every dealer is interested in just making a quick buck from the "trade in" car.

If the Cross appeals to you , I suggest you deal on that separately and sell the WagonR on line or through friends to a direct buyer.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 10:49   #6640
BANNED

Quote:
Anyway, I lost interest with entire Nexa & even Maruti after they quoted 65K in exchange for my 2004 WagonR run for 82K Km Now it's only a question of time to make up our mind to Ameo/Vento/Aspire/Ecosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Every dealer is interested in just making a quick buck from the "trade in" car.
OT:
Should have seen my face when the VW Das Welt dealer quoted the price for my less than year old GTTDI when I went to exchange it with a new GTTSI. Finally sold the car myself at 1.75L above the Das Welt quoted price. Bid bye to VW and bought a Toyota automatic.

Sell the car direct!
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 13:16   #6641
Senior - BHPian

Maruti discontiues sales of S-Cross 1.6 Lower Variants

Source

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India has quietly discontinued sales of lower variants of its premier crossover S-Cross featuring 1.6 litre diesel engine, due to low demand. The company is now selling only the top-end Alpha variant of the vehicle featuring 1.6 litre diesel engine, priced at Rs 12.03 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), from its premium retail channel Nexa. MSI, however, continues to sell all the three variants of the crossover powered by a smaller 1.3 litre diesel engine. These are priced between Rs 8.78 lakh and Rs 10.63 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi. When contacted a MSI spokesperson told PTI: “In this segment (1.6 litre engine), customers go for highest trim that has all the features. Therefore, it is business prudence to keep the number of variants at an optimum level in line with customers requirements.”
@Mods : Shift it to another thread if necessary

Last edited by aaggoswami : 29th January 2017 at 13:17.
Old 29th January 2017, 14:26   #6642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Seemed to gel with the car. Cannot be considered close to OEM. The LED ones from Bosch sell for close to 15k here.
They connected it in such a way that it turns on on ignition.
This is how it looks in day light
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2017012920170129_085640.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2017012920170129_085655.jpg

This is roughly the same product available on ebay. (Same Chinese light)
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cr-.jpg
Link in ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Suzuki-S...-/311663454801
Old 29th January 2017, 19:37   #6643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Deevee: try calling up Nexa Faridabad Mr Khan 9599814753.
I'm sure they will get you the car within 20 days.
Thanks!

I spoke to him as well as another gentelman from Sonipat. Currently only 2016 models are available.

I will stick to my dealer. I think there is light at the end of the tunnel
Old 29th January 2017, 23:20   #6644
Distinguished - BHPian

1.6 S-Cross Intake Design: What was Suzuki smoking??

Suzuki has given a very stupid intake. I am still not able to figure out the logic behind this design. Intake opening is right behind the radiator ( Hot air love huh?) and then it makes a circus around the engine. I have read in few international forums that 1.6 JTDM2 engines have a very restrictive intake. People abroad have got good gains by just doing intake mod.

What did I do?

I just removed the initial part of intake. Look at the surface area and also it's making a curve on top of the battery. It is very easy to remove the initial part of intake and hardly takes 5 minutes.

I plugged in my OBD reader and logged MAF, Intake air temperature. I could find marginal improvement in MAF value and IAT was same. But I felt the engine was revving little more freely now.

Stock intake design: Note how it jumps on battery
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170127wa0026.jpg

Makes a circus around the engine post air filter box :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170127wa0034.jpg

After removing the initial part :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170127wa0025.jpg

I am planning to go with BMC DIA or do some intake mod ( custom pipe with opening behind the grill or near fog lamp to suck in cooler air)

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 29th January 2017 at 23:21.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 23:56   #6645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1.6 S-Cross Intake Design: What was Suzuki smoking??

Suzuki has given a very stupid intake. I am still not able to figure out the logic behind this design. Intake opening is right behind the radiator ( Hot air love huh?) and then it makes a circus around the engine. I have read in few international forums that 1.6 JTDM2 engines have a very restrictive intake. People abroad have got good gains by just doing intake mod.

What did I do?

I just removed the initial part of intake. Look at the surface area and also it's making a curve on top of the battery. It is very easy to remove the initial part of intake and hardly takes 5 minutes.

I plugged in my OBD reader and logged MAF, Intake air temperature. I could find marginal improvement in MAF value and IAT was same. But I felt the engine was revving little more freely now.
By removing the front part the intake air will be warmer in traffic, much warmer cause it will suck air from inside the bonnet not from outside. Do check intake air temp in city traffic at idle after a while. It's cooler these days so might not be apparent till after a while in traffic.

The OE design is best as it takes air from outside in front of the battery.

From the image you posted, air enters from the opening in front of the battery, goes to the air box where the air filter is placed, then goes to the turbo over/around the engine. From the turbo it goes to the intercooler in front of radiator to get cooled, from the intercooler it goes back up over the engine into the intake manifold. This pipe is the one you need to see for intake temperature. The cold air comes from intercooler to intake. The intake air from outside will anyways warm up once it goes through the turbo.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed