Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 10:52   #6661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Been reading a lot of posts on this thread and wondering how folks with the 1.6 S-Cross are managing a Fuel economy beyond 20kmpl. I've been noticing about 16-17kmpl in mixed driving conditions. Not that I've been caring enough with the throttle but still 22kmpl and beyond seems quite far fetched.
Mileage in the S-Cross 1.6 is highly dependent on how you handle throttle & gearshifts. I tried being a "good boy" last month, and got close to 19kmpl (measured tankful-to-tankful) in mixed driving conditions. Highway/City mix was 60/40.

The way I drive, I have got as low as 14kmpl on highway.
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:12   #6662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been reading a lot of posts on this thread and wondering how folks with the 1.6 S-Cross are managing a Fuel economy beyond 20kmpl. I've been noticing about 16-17kmpl in mixed driving conditions. Not that I've been caring enough with the throttle but still 22kmpl and beyond seems quite far fetched.
FE is very much dependent on throttle input. If you maintain a constant speed, say even 120 KMPH in 6 th gear it gives 20 KMPL plus easily.

I did some experiments to check FE on Hassan to Nelmangala stretch. This is a 4 lane highway with thin traffic.

These are the readings on MID. On tankfull method, it's around 8 percent lower.

Under normal driving: 22 KMPL

With very light foot and speeds below 100 KMPH : 25 KMPL

Once I drove very aggressively with every shifts at 3500 RPM and WOT most of the times ( to test my remap): 13.9 KMPL

I usually get 17-18 KMPL as average
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:36   #6663
BHPian

With Maruti officially announcing the discontinuation of the 1.6 from all but the top variant, it came to me as a surprise.
I had been to a Nexa in Pune to take delivery of a Baleno in the family and had casually asked for the 1.6 Zeta and was told then (around end of Aug 2016) that the 1.6 comes only in the Alpha now. That actually put me off else I was keen on that car to replace my Fiesta Classic.
I'm not sure if that Nexa dealer was trying to push something he had in stock or it was made clear to the Nexa dealers to only take bookings for Alpha 1.6 since then.

Anyone got a 1.6 Delta or Zeta from Aug 2016 until now?
Old 31st January 2017, 12:43   #6664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
I had got my 1.6 Alpha in May 2016. Zeta and Delta variants were not available even then. Dealer was not ready to accept the booking for lower variants.
Old 31st January 2017, 12:49   #6665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Below is the picture showing the difference between Delta and Zeta/Alpha variants fog lamp housing, can I just get the fog lamp housing from MSIL?

Attachment 1601999
Fog lamp housing is separate for Delta and Zeta.
You can get the housing of Zeta separately. Not an expensive part. IIRC, its around Rs 300.

Quote:
Kiran,
Compared to the Hyundai CRDi, this 1.6 DDIS with massive torque is highly efficient.
However, with such brutal torque its difficult to control the urge of flooring the A pedal.
If on highway with slim traffic and light foot on A pedal, the 1.6 can easily give 20kmpl.
In total, with all kinds of driving the 1.6 should give a FE of 16 ~ 18 kmpl.

Below is my S-cross 1.6 (remapped) FE summary after 1 year of ownership.

Average Fill up : 34.7 Litres
Average Cost per km : Rs 3.13/ km
Average kms per day : 56.59 km
Average kms per month : 1584 km
Best FE : 18.69 km/l
Worst FE : 14.73 km/l
Average FE 16.37 km/l

Also note : Compared to Ertiga and Sx4 owners, the S-cross 1.3 users are getting insane FE of 22 ~ 25kmpl or more. Something to do with aerodynamics or rolling resistance, I guess ?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20170131121845.png

Last edited by kpzen : 31st January 2017 at 12:50.
kpzen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:18   #6666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Best FE : 18.69 km/l
Worst FE : 14.73 km/l
Average FE 16.37 km/l
This pretty much resonates my observations. I was wondering how Dr. Naren managed to get 25kmpl on the 1.6.

Car has done 7700 kms odd in the last 4 months of ownership out of which it was parked for 2 months while I was traveling on business to the US. Can't get enough of the engine. Will put an ownership review soon.

Btw, has anyone switched to fully synthetic engine oil on their car yet?

P.S. I don't care much for the FE. But, it is a good indicator on the health of your engine. Hence the question

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st January 2017 at 14:19.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:26   #6667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. I was wondering how Dr. Naren managed to get 25kmpl on the 1.6.
As I said, this is possible with ideal conditions like light foot, constant speed and thin traffic. But it is near to impossible to drive the 1.6 that way . Getting 20 KMPL plus on highways is not difficult.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 17:51   #6668

I am wondering if the cruise control can be retrofitted in the Delta variant? Internationally, I have read about it being retrofitted on cars so wondered if it is possible?
Old 31st January 2017, 18:01   #6669
BHPian

Finally done with gloss black wrap and now my white beauty is a dual tone beauty!! I was planning to do this immediately after taking delivery, but once I took delivery, I was a bit hesitant and have been postponing it. Had to go to Kochi on last Sunday morning with some other appointments, and when I found I have enough time after that, booked an appointment with 3M Car Care without thinking much. And here is the output.

Before
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-edited5.jpg

After
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170129_171127.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170129_171137.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170129_171204.jpg

Total bill came to Rs. 25000/- for Gloss Black Wrap + Paint Protection Film on front bumper corners, rear bumper & door handle cups.

Now only 2 things pending in my wish list and this is what the list looks like.
1. Spoiler painted black - installed before delivery.
2. Dash Cam - Installed SJ4000 WiFi in January
3. Dual Tone Gloss Black Wrap - Done
4. PPF on selected areas - Done
5. Projectors for Head Lights -
6. Roof Rack Cross Bar -
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-edited2.jpg  

dudevarkey is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:33   #6670
BHPian

Great wrap there dude..!!

Be aware that Kochi cops are keen on picking up dual tone cars and charging them, if not mentioned in the RC book. My colleague's ecosport with a black vinyl roof was charged and he was asked to bring the "dewrapped" car to the station for getting his RC back.

I think Brezza cars ZDI+ colour is mentioned as dual tone in RC book.
sandygordon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:38   #6671
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post

Got my 1.6 Zeta on 14 Aug 16, made in 2015. Got discounts for that.

With reference to moralfibre's point on FE - In 5th gear at speeds 90-95 with least variations in throttle input its possible to get over 24kmpl. But the question is - who cares for milage
Old 31st January 2017, 19:42   #6672
Distinguished - BHPian

@dudevarkey: Neat job by 3M Kochi. Why did you leave that thin area on top of doors unwrapped? I think it would be looked better if you had wrapped that part too
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 20:09   #6673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

Be aware that Kochi cops are keen on picking up dual tone cars and charging them, if not mentioned in the RC book. My colleague's ecosport with a black vinyl roof was charged and he was asked to bring the "dewrapped" car to the station for getting his RC back.

Likewise in Pune, MH. I asked 3M for a gloss black wrap on my Fiesta roof and they asked me to get a NOC from the local RTO and then told me that once done, I have to get my RC renewed with the change of shade.
This does not include wrapping the mirrors. But any change to the basic color in any way should be reported to the RTO.
I just dropped the idea altogether
adneeraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 20:25   #6674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

and I am left to wonder what will the cops do to those Multicolored private buses with Aishwarya Rai and Boeings on each side and at least 5 shades of pink and Blue.

The RC book of such buses will be surely resembling a notebook as the RTO won't be able to mention the color (s) in one Line/Page.
paragsachania is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 20:54   #6675
BHPian

Hi guys,

My S Cross 1.6 has finally arrived at the NEXA showroom. Wanted to change the tyres as well as the alloys.
For the tyres, my criteria is good grip around corners and reduced NVH levels.
My shortlisted candidates are -
1)Michelin Primacy 3 ST
2)Yokohama Earth

Which one would be suited for my needs and can I go for a bigger sidewall from the factory-fitted 205/55 to 215/65 without compromising too much on the handling of the vehicle?

The alloys which came fitted are the new ones which are a vast improvement over the old ones but I figured that I might as well change them in one go.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks