Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2017, 06:47   #6736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
S-Cross official review says that its NVH is average compared to vehicles like Creta etc. One way to reduce noise is to get better tyres of course.
Yes, changing the tyres to better ones like Michelin or Continental will surely help.

Quote:
But has anybody tried using damping material on the doors and the floor and observed its effects? Any other aftermarket ways to reduce noise in S-Cross?
I found some pictures online, which I thought will give you a general idea about damping. Cars in pictures are S Cross and Jazz.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-12794536_758261894309247_3441581114247610259_n.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-12909698_778442132291223_1717400304085382496_o.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-12804736_758262010975902_985839907175641850_n.jpg

While I am not sure how much difference they made or the cost incurred, because I found them online on some audio dealer's page, so their reviews will be something which can't be trusted completely. But one thing which I would like you to know is that damping the insides of door panels can be a bit tricky. There are water channels, and they should not be blocked in any case, or else it'll cause rusting in the long run.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 10:26   #6737
BHPian

Got back my 1.3 after second free service. There were no complaints other than one of the sill guards coming off and I hope it is corrected. They haven't done anything other than a wash. The car was picked up from my place at 9.15 am and it was returned at 1.30 PM. They tried to up sell 'maintenance cost protection' @ Rs. 9000 for 2 years, but I didn't buy it. The total bill was Rs.0.00/-.
Old 10th February 2017, 11:22   #6738
Distinguished - BHPian

Many 1.6 S-Cross owners have reported CEL with random error codes. Most of the times these codes are stored in history and service guys just delete them. I too have faced this couple of times. I think the battery is the culprit. Most of the times it happens when you do not start the car for few days. Panasonic Thailand battery should be the culprit. Car takes little longer time to crank if not used for few days. My 2 year old Amaron battery in SX4 is much better. I had visited MASS and as usual they cleared the errors. I have driven around 150 KM now and no CEL. Few ECUs are very sensitive to voltage fluctuation and throw up random error codes.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170209wa0022.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 20:40   #6739
BHPian

A biker rammed my rear left side bumper today on the Belandur flyover in the afternoon. (I had to brake slightly harder as the taxi in front of me had stopped suddenly) Most of the locks came out with a few of them broken. The semi circular piece on the wheel arch also came out with one lock broken.

Went to Bimal Mahadevpura with an expectation that bumper/wheel arch piece need to be replaced. Thanks to SA Hemaprasada , could fix everything to perfect shape.

In the impact, the mud flap on the left side had gone and could not recover that. The only cost involved was that of a pair of rear mud flaps (Rs 290).

A good work done by Bimal and was back at home in couple of hours. Will post the after repair photo later. Did not click in daylight.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170211_151538_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 11th February 2017 at 20:46.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 13:50   #6740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
A good work done by Bimal and was back at home in couple of hours. Will post the after repair photo later. Did not click in daylight.
After repair. Neat work by Bimal
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170212_113359_hdr.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 19:32   #6741
BHPian

Received the carbon fibre wheel stickers from Aliexpress today. It's a complete set for all the spokes. Applied only for the alternate big spokes as felt that applying it on all may not be appearing good. Opinions please?

Mods: As the previous 3 posts are from me only, please merge them.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170212_181023_hdr.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 20:22   #6742
BHPian

@Sree
I would have applied the stickers to the narrower spokes. It would have looked like old duster spokes. Applying all of them would make the central hub look like a flower, which is not good in my opinion.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 21:01   #6743
Distinguished - BHPian

Official S-Cross Accessories : Suzuki UK

Posting the official accessory brochure of Suzuki UK. Few of the accessories are interesting and not available in our market like Projector fog lamps 55W, front parking sensors etc. Also the present alloys on Indian S-Cross were offered as accessory in UK. They have few more good designs too. Part numbers with pricing is mentioned on the brochure. It would be helpful for S-Cross owners who visit UK or have their friends / family there .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scross-accessories.pdf (4.51 MB, 1826 views)
Old 14th February 2017, 17:11   #6744
Senior - BHPian

Question to Alpha owners...
1. Would like to know how the auto headlamps work; basically what I'm interested to know is, will I be able to use a pass light by flashing or will the headlamp work only when there's darkness & not on broad daylight? Even if it is dark, will I be able to turn off the headlights when not required in darkness or will the headlamps remain ON?

2. About auto wipers...will I be able to control the speed based on my requirement or will it work on based on the sensor & it's own speed? Does the auto rain sensing wiper apply only on front or both front & rear?

3. Has anyone used the projector headlamps in rain? How bad does the white light reflect in water?

4. Regarding foldable E-ORVMs, will it be closed automatically or with a touch of a button?

Thanks in advance
Old 14th February 2017, 17:22   #6745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
1. If you keep the headlight stalk in auto mode, head light gets turned on when it's dark. You can manually switch off the headlight any time. As I said, it works only in auto mode.

2. Auto wipers only at front. It will adjust the speed depending on the severity of rain.

3. Halogen bulbs are always better in rain/fog. HID projector of Alpha has average output.

4. It won't be closed automatically. There are after market auto fold modules for the same.
Old 14th February 2017, 17:25   #6746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Would like to know how the auto headlamps work; basically what I'm interested to know is, will I be able to use a pass light by flashing or will the headlamp work only when there's darkness & not on broad daylight? Even if it is dark, will I be able to turn off the headlights when not required in darkness or will the headlamps remain ON?

2. About auto wipers...will I be able to control the speed based on my requirement or will it work on based on the sensor & it's own speed? Does the auto rain sensing wiper apply only on front or both front & rear?

3. Has anyone used the projector headlamps in rain? How bad does the white light reflect in water?

4. Regarding foldable E-ORVMs, will it be closed automatically or with a touch of a button?

Thanks in advance
1. Headlight switch has 4 positions: Off, Auto, Parking Lights, Headlight On. When set to Auto mode, the reading from the light sensor (placed just behind the rear view mirror on the windshield) will trigger headlight to switch on and off. You can pull the stalk for pass light just like in any other car, regardless of whether lights are on or off - works the same as in any other car with manually controlled headlights.

2. Rain sensing wiper works only for front windshield wipers, and not for rear wiper. Rear wiper is manually controlled. In place of the variable intermittent rotary switch, there is a wiper sensitivity switch - you can change the sensitivity based on your convenience. If wiper does not wipe when you want it to, you can always revert back to fully manual control - just like the headlight switch, there is a Low and High speed setting which works the same as in every other car.

3. Projector headlights in the rain don't reflect raindrops as long as you are on low beam. Having said that, these are 25W el-cheapo units that have very poor illumination when compared to the 35W units commonly found in D-segment cars and above.

4. There is a button for folding the ORVM. Mirrors don't fold/unfold automatically upon locking/unlocking the car - unlike the i20.
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 17:38   #6747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
will I be able to use a pass light by flashing or will the headlamp work only when there's darkness & not on broad daylight?
Absolutely yes:

Quote:
To momentarily activate the high beams (main beams) as a passing signal, pull the lever slightly toward you and release it when you have completed the signal
Quote:
Even if it is dark, will I be able to turn off the headlights when not required in darkness or will the headlamps remain ON?
Definitely yes again. The Headlight switch will have 3 Positions (when equipped with Auto Headlight function it will be 4) -

(1)OFF
(2)Pilot Lamps
(3)Head Lamps
(4)Auto

With Switch in Auto Position, your headlights will come on or go off based on the intensity of the light sensed by the sensor near the IRVM.

Now if you have not selected the AUTO function, the Headlights will function as any other car without this Auto HL system.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-auto_hl.jpg

Quote:
2. About auto wipers...will I be able to control the speed based on my requirement or will it work on based on the sensor & it's own speed?
Yes again (and again ).
If wiper knob is set to AUTO, the speed of the wipers will be directly proportional to the intensity of the rain drops hitting your windscreen. Else you can operate this in manual mode as well.

This should give you the idea:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-auto_wipers.jpg

Quote:
Does the auto rain sensing wiper apply only on front or both front & rear?
I am more than sure its just for the front.

Quote:
One way is through that Fold button near Window controls. I guess the other one be when you lock the car with the remote.

Please download the owner's manual and get all this (and more) information to clear your doubts .

EDIT: KilpAlpha beat me to that as I was compiling response with attachments.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th February 2017 at 17:40.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 17:40   #6748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1. If you keep...auto fold modules for the same.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
1. Headlight switch has 4 positions...automatically upon locking/unlocking the car - unlike the i20.
Awesome!! Just what I had expected. Thanks for elaborated replies

So, the HID is much unlike the ones found in Mercs is quite sad to hear. Hopefully some upgrades are available in near future OR Dr Naren's suggestion on replacing the fog lamps should work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Absolutely yes...attachments.
Crystal clear super elaborated & unquestionable that answers more than what I expected. Cannot ask any more Parag, wish there was double Thanks button

Last edited by aargee : 14th February 2017 at 17:42.
Old 14th February 2017, 21:21   #6749
BHPian

Took my car to 3M Car Care, Dwarka(New Delhi) for 3M Paint Sealant Treatment(Advanced). Bought Meguiar's Hot Shine Foam for the cladding for 850/-.

Very happy with the work done, total bill came to 8,508/-(Inclusive of all taxes)

Car has clocked 14,500 kms in 3.5 months of ownership, I am leaving for yet another long drive to Rajkot which will add around 2.5 kms to the Odo.

Pictures of the work done by 3M Car Care:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5780.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5781.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5783.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5786.jpg

Meguiar's Hot Shine Foam being applied on the cladding:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5777.jpg

Took the car to its 1st Team-BHP meeting. Picture Courtesy: Senior BHPian - bluevolt.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5827.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 22:31   #6750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Took my car to 3M Car Care, Dwarka(New Delhi) for 3M Paint Sealant Treatment(Advanced). Bought Meguiar's Hot Shine Foam for the cladding for 850/-.

Very happy with the work done, total bill came to 8,508/-(Inclusive of all taxes)
Could you please elaborate.
How effective is this treatment? Also how is their dealing and how much time would they take for the whole process?
Thanks

Last edited by bblost : 14th February 2017 at 23:34. Reason: Removed ... and replaced with .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks