Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 10:50   #6766
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hey everyone, I recently took a test drive of the 1.6 for the first time and I am very impressed with the shove it gives post 2000 rpm on the highways.

Now when I was discussing possible negotiations with the SA, he told me to wait till April, as he believes Suzuki is launching the face-lift with 1.4 booster jet petrol engine, punching out approx 135 hp. Now I saw the review of the Vitara 1.4 international model and it does 0-100 km/h in about 9 seconds. What is the news in the forum regarding booster jet launch in April? Can you all ask at your respective Nexa showrooms?

I am considering the BRV (vtec) for its space and price tag, where as S-Cross 1.6 for performance on tap and potential tuning. One of these will replace a five year old Vento tdi.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 21st February 2017 at 10:52.
Old 21st February 2017, 15:02   #6767
BHPian

1.6 Alpha to be discontinued ??

I am looking for a new car and one of the contenders is S Cross 1.6

I was almost on the verge of booking it yesterday but I was getting mixed feedback from the Nexa Dealers in Hyderabad

Varun Nexa:
One Sales advisor mentioned that 1.6 is no longer available. By end of this year facelift may arrive. Another senior Manager with Varun Motors also confirmed the same

Jayaberi Nexa /Adarash Nexa are ready to provide the car and will deliver in 2-3 weeks time depending on the colour.

Not sure who is correct

Now my worry is if I choose the 1.6, will I be looking @ a very costly vehicle to maintain down the line. More than that will the spares be a problem for the 1.6 As such the spare parts price list seems pretty expensive

I will share a detailed feedback of my query here or on the what car thread

Will appreciate your feedback

Thanks
Rahul
Old 21st February 2017, 15:08   #6768
BHPian

Re: 1.6 Alpha to be discontinued ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I am looking for a new car and one of the contenders is S Cross 1.6

I was almost on the verge of booking it yesterday but I was getting mixed feedback from the Nexa Dealers in Hyderabad

Varun Nexa:
One Sales advisor mentioned that 1.6 is no longer available. By end of this year facelift may arrive. Another senior Manager with Varun Motors also confirmed the same

Jayaberi Nexa /Adarash Nexa are ready to provide the car and will deliver in 2-3 weeks time depending on the colour.

Not sure who is correct

Now my worry is if I choose the 1.6, will I be looking @ a very costly vehicle to maintain down the line. More than that will the spares be a problem for the 1.6 As such the spare parts price list seems pretty expensive

I will share a detailed feedback of my query here or on the what car thread

Will appreciate your feedback

Thanks
Rahul
But the 1.6 L engine may find its way into the other cars in MS stable (Ciaz?). So spares may not be a real problem.

I got the same information from NEXA here about the 1.6 Alpha discontinued but is this permanent?

It will be unfortunate if the SCross loses the 1.6 option.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 15:21   #6769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.6 is available ONLY in Alpha variant, it is available as of we speak, not sure if anything will change next minute. And dealers here in Chennai are taking booking for 1.6 Alpha, 1.3 Alpha, Zeta & Sigma

Quote:
By end of this year facelift may arrive
Yes MAY arrive, nothing for sure & there will be some more features added in next 6 months there after & some more after a year & this cycle goes on Its like finding the tallest tree in the forest without having an option to go back & in the process of finding the tallest tree we keep missing the ones that are right in front of us.

Quote:
ready to provide the car and will deliver in 2-3 weeks time depending on the colour
Possible because of booking & cancellation

Quote:
Spares are expensive ONLY for the 1.6 exclusive spare parts such as radiator, engine components. For things such as bumper, doors, steering, seats, roof rails, fog lamps, wipers etc, the cost will be same as 1.3
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 15:39   #6770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
But the 1.6 L engine may find its way into the other cars in MS stable (Ciaz?). So spares may not be a real problem.
Dealers were not ready to comment on the Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I got the same information from NEXA here about the 1.6 Alpha discontinued but is this permanent?
I remember reading somewhere that only 4000 units of 1.6 Engine were imported that too in 2015. So chance of them stopping now is starting to look more prominent.
Which Nexa dealer informed you

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
1.6 is available ONLY in Alpha variant, it is available as of we speak, not sure if anything will change next minute.
Convincing folks @ home about S Cross was a huge challenge in itself. Now with this news it will be even more difficult

Quote:
Yes MAY arrive, nothing for sure & there will be some more features added in next 6 months there after & some more after a year & this cycle goes on . Possible because of booking & cancellation
Have delayed purchase for more than a year waiting for the perfect fit.

Quote:
For things such as bumper, doors, steering, seats, roof rails, fog lamps, wipers etc, the cost will be same as 1.3
This is the Silver lining even I have seen. Unless there is major engine work to be done rest of the things may not be a problem
Old 21st February 2017, 15:52   #6771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So chance of them stopping now is starting to look more prominent
No comments; I'll let some owner get in touch with their respective RM's to confirm whether the production is stopped or MSIL has stopped taking orders.

Quote:
Now with this news it will be even more difficult
Simple!! Don't tell them or tell them the production is delayed momentarily to cater the demand for 1.3 SCross
Old 21st February 2017, 15:59   #6772
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey everyone, I recently took a test drive of the 1.6 for the first time and I am very impressed with the shove it gives post 2000 rpm on the highways.

Now when I was discussing possible negotiations with the SA, he told me to wait till April, as he believes Suzuki is launching the face-lift with 1.4 booster jet petrol engine, punching out approx 135 hp. Now I saw the review of the Vitara 1.4 international model and it does 0-100 km/h in about 9 seconds. What is the news in the forum regarding booster jet launch in April? Can you all ask at your respective Nexa showrooms?

I am considering the BRV (vtec) for its space and price tag, where as S-Cross 1.6 for performance on tap and potential tuning. One of these will replace a five year old Vento tdi.
I've TDed the BR-V. The second bench is for two strictly. It's narrow. The engine is refined and so is the ride. I TDed the CVT. I think the S-Cross will be a lot more spacious than the BR-V.
Old 21st February 2017, 16:52   #6773
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers were not ready to comment on the Ciaz.

Which Nexa dealer informed you

I realize that you may be in Hyderabad too. I got this from the Jubilee Hills checkpost NEXA. But then i got it from a specific RM that i was talking too and i am not sure if these guys really know the inside truths.

I took it with a pinch of salt.

Regards
Bharath
Old 21st February 2017, 17:51   #6774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that only 4000 units of 1.6 Engine were imported that too in 2015.
They have imported the engine thrice in 2016, though the numbers were less compared to 2015.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

I had a chat just now with a Senior RM at NEXA, and he said that their system isn't taking any new booking since three days. This has happened in past too. He said its too early to comment on whether 1.6 is discontinued or not, because they receive a circular before any model is discontinued, and till now, they haven't received any such circular.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 21st February 2017 at 17:54.
Leoshashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 18:55   #6775
BHPian

I did a single day trip from Bangalore to Palani and back. 800 kilometers in total. Additionally i climbed 693 steps up and down to the temple. While exhausting, it was a good trip.

Disclaimer - I drive in the range of 80-100 and don't over speed.

Every time, I exceeded the speed of 100; the car would become very unstable and the steering wheel would start vibrating. This is the first time i had experienced this. So today, i took the car for checkup and they found that the steering wheel alignment was off which was contributing to the problem and fixed it promptly.

They even washed the car and did a wheel alignment checkup. They did not charge anything at all.

The car was serviced after completion of 1 year at 8500 kilometers and as of today the car has clocked a little over 12000.

I am wondering what could be the reason for this problem? Has anyone else faced this problem with their S Cross.

Mine is a 2015 August S Cross 1.3 Zeta.
Old 21st February 2017, 19:06   #6776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post

Disclaimer - I drive in the range of 80-100 and don't over speed.

Every time, I exceeded the speed of 100; the car would become very unstable and the steering wheel would start vibrating. This is the first time i had experienced this. So today, i took the car for checkup and they found that the steering wheel alignment was off which was contributing to the problem and fixed it promptly.

I am wondering what could be the reason for this problem? Has anyone else faced this problem with their S Cross.

Mine is a 2015 August S Cross 1.3 Zeta.
Steering vibration after some speed indicates Wheel balancing issue
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 19:08   #6777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
They have imported the engine thrice in 2016, though the numbers were less compared to 2015

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for the information. If we can get the Model wise information on Sales of S Cross, it'll be easy to judge.

I'd almost booked a 1.3 Delta, except for the Alloy Wheels the deal didn't get through. SE was tight lipped about the facelift. Actually, he gave a vague answer, that it may come in 2018. If it's coming in April, then I can once again generate desired interest in S Cross.

In any case, if 1.6 is discontinued, then it'll be bad news. If only they'd offered in Zeta variant, I would've had my hands on the Car.
Old 21st February 2017, 20:50   #6778
BHPian

Added 2,300 kms to the Odometer in last 5 days, visited Ahmedabad and Rajkot.

17,000 kms up in just under 4 months of ownership.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5981.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 21:28   #6779
BHPian

Regarding the 1.6 being shut down, the response wasn't positive from the RM's here in Karnal (Haryana) as well. I'm talking about early November 2016. The advance was paid for a 1.6 alpha, but we didn't get any estimated delivery time from them even after 10 days. It was then that the corporate manager of nexa Karnal strongly suggested or even argued for that matter that the 1.6 may soon be discontinued and that the order should be changed to a 1.3 one. Since it was going to be mostly driven by my father (a sedate driver), I didn't push for the 1.6 and took the safer option. The only positive surprise- Our's was the first one with the new alloys.
P.S. The 1.3's biggest advantage-- the mileage. Gave a staggering 25.3 kmpl in a recent 430km round trip to Ludhiana(Though it was driven at a constant 90 kmph on the 6-lane Highway and had to see only about 20-25 kms of traffic).
Old 21st February 2017, 21:59   #6780
Distinguished - BHPian

Minor Intake Mod for 1.6 S-Cross by Blackworks!!

Suzuki has placed the intake entry right behind the radiator, which sucks hot air. Venkat came up with an easy solution. He did custom piping and now the intake is sucking cooler air.

I had logged IAT before the mod and max value was 66 degrees in Bangalore traffic. After the mod, the max value is 55 degrees under similar conditions. There is no difference in performance though.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-fb_img_1487405593476.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170221wa0041.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 21st February 2017 at 22:03.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks