Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:08   #6781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Suzuki has placed the intake entry right behind the radiator, which sucks hot air. Venkat came up with an easy solution. He did custom piping and now the intake is sucking cooler air.
Do keep an eye on the air filter. That pipe might suck in a lot of dust as its mouth is closer to the ground.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:17   #6782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Do keep an eye on the air filter. That pipe might suck in a lot of dust as its mouth is closer to the ground.
It's placed in a very good location. Also the underbody is covered in S-Cross on that area
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:05   #6783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post

I am wondering what could be the reason for this problem? Has anyone else faced this problem with their S Cross.

Mine is a 2015 August S Cross 1.3 Zeta.
The wheel balancing, not alignment, is not correct. The problem appears only at high speeds when the centrifugal force is high and the wheel is off balance. In my experience, I have never had this problem (i am on stock alloys and Pirellis). I had to correct my alignment at first at 20,000 KMS. The S-Cross seems to deal with these pretty well compared to my Honda which needed an alignment every 5000 KMS

Also, do check your tyre for bulges and any other damages. When balancing, ensure that the technician "de-stones" the tyre to ensure a correct balancing
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:02   #6784
BHPian

The Nexa RM I know says S-cross facelift is due in 2018. Late 2017 is also doubtful.

He was wondering where this story of 1.4 booster jet petrol in April was coming from. They have not had any training on this which they have before launch. So there is no chance of S-cross facelift launch in April 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey everyone, I recently took a test drive of the 1.6 for the first time and I am very impressed with the shove it gives post 2000 rpm on the highways.

Now when I was discussing possible negotiations with the SA, he told me to wait till April, as he believes Suzuki is launching the face-lift with 1.4 booster jet petrol engine, punching out approx 135 hp. Now I saw the review of the Vitara 1.4 international model and it does 0-100 km/h in about 9 seconds. What is the news in the forum regarding booster jet launch in April? Can you all ask at your respective Nexa showrooms?

I am considering the BRV (vtec) for its space and price tag, where as S-Cross 1.6 for performance on tap and potential tuning. One of these will replace a five year old Vento tdi.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:46   #6785
BHPian

Any news on Android Auto upgrade for the infotainment system? I really hope that it would just be a case of software update. It would really take the experience up a notch for android users

Last edited by djkher : 22nd February 2017 at 17:47.
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:12   #6786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Venkat came up with an easy solution. He did custom piping and now the intake is sucking cooler air.
The OEM intake pipes are used not only for supplying air, but they also have an assortment of different contours inside for regulating air flow. Also their shape plays an important role in determining pressure, resonance etc. Did they take these things into consideration while fabricating new one?

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd February 2017 at 18:14.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:31   #6787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The OEM intake pipes are used not only for supplying air, but they also have an assortment of different contours inside for regulating air flow. Also their shape plays an important role in determining pressure, resonance etc. Did they take these things into consideration while fabricating new one?
As I mentioned, it's a minor mod. Stock air intake box and the intake pipe post the filter is not touched. Only the initial part is removed and replaced with a custom pipe which has silicon reinforced with metal spiral.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 22nd February 2017 at 18:37.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:20   #6788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As I mentioned, it's a minor mod. Stock air intake box and the intake pipe post the filter is not touched. Only the initial part is removed and replaced with a custom pipe which has silicon reinforced with metal spiral.

Actually, I was recently going through a thread and was surprised how much a small 2 inch rubber pipe could make a difference. Hence asked you about it.

Click to Open

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd February 2017 at 19:23.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 23:36   #6789
BHPian

Re: S-Cross 1.6L: Custom Decat SS Downpipe by Blackworks

I have driven both 1.3 & 1.6 versions, both as TD cars & car of my friends. I like both in it's own ways & strongly think that this is the only car which I can think of as a replacement when I plan to in place of my 1.6 CRDI Verna Fluidic. But the worst part of the car is the intrusive engine noise. It is so clearly evident for me. Though 1.6 is little better than the 1.3, still it is a deal breaker for some one who likes quiet cabin on the move. The noise is deafening to me while the car is accelerating hard. Why can not Maruti control these like Hyundai does??
Awaiting for a petrol S Cross which should possibly address these issues.
Old 23rd February 2017, 07:09   #6790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
The noise is deafening to me while the car is accelerating hard.
I agree that the engine sound is moderately high but it is not deafening. If you think SCross is deafening, I cannot imagine what adjectives we can use for Vento/Rapid diesels.

But yes, Hyundai is best when it comes to sound deadning.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:54   #6791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The Nexa RM I know says S-cross facelift is due in 2018. Late 2017 is also doubtful.

I took a test drive of the 1.6 and I was so excited I immediately sat down for the final negotiations and quotation.

That's when I told him my offer, I told him to round it off at that number which was almost same as the BRV i-VTEC. That's when he asked me to make a quick Google search for 1.4 booster jet, and then he tells me that this is already being deployed in the international face-lift which is being exported from India and soon we expect the same to hit our showrooms. So pls wait till April.

As I told him that I plan to take immediate delivery, why would he push me till April? May be they have no stocks of 1.6, or company has asked them to push for 1.3, and may be actually the 1.4 will indeed hit showrooms in April with a much better price tag than the diesel.
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:04   #6792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's when he asked me to make a quick Google search for 1.4 booster jet, and then he tells me that this is already being deployed in the international face-lift which is being exported from India and soon we expect the same to hit our showrooms.
The face-lift S-Cross has been launched in Europe and Suzuki Hungary plant takes care of the supplies. Maruti Suzuki is not exporting the new face lift S-Cross to Europe.

Quote:
may be actually the 1.4 will indeed hit showrooms in April with a much better price tag than the diesel.
I don't believe Maruti would get 1.4 booster jet which produces around 140 BHP. 1.5 NA petrol ( downsized version of old M16) /1.0 Booster jet would be more likely.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:27   #6793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
--- may be actually the 1.4 will indeed hit showrooms in April with a much better price tag than the diesel.
Quote:
I don't believe Maruti would get 1.4 booster jet which produces around 140 BHP. ---
It is speculated the Global Vitara S - 1.4l boosterjet to be sold through NEXA as a flagship product. It will be expensive and Maruti is not expecting volumes for this.

The S Cross facelift will most likely continue with the same engines as today with the addition of petrol variant. Launch late 2017/ 2018.

Link (Next-generation Suzuki Vitara caught. EDIT: Now launched in Europe)

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd February 2017 at 10:32.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:48   #6794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I agree that the engine sound is moderately high but it is not deafening. If you think SCross is deafening, I cannot imagine what adjectives we can use for Vento/Rapid diesels.

But yes, Hyundai is best when it comes to sound deadning.
Agreed that Vento /Rapid are noiser than S Cross which is more evident from outside only. I was doing a TD of Rapid diesel DSG recently & quite surprisingly felt the cabin to be very acceptable even while accelerating. Am sure of late Skoda has done something to Rapid for a marked improvement in insulation department. Not sure about recent Vento though. Old Vento is quite terrible as my experience goes both inside & out.

From mobile
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:57   #6795
BHPian

In 19 months, S-Cross thread ranks 4th in number of replies and 8th in the number of views across all the car reviews published in Team BHP. One of the greatest performers on this forum as well as on road. Great going S-Cross.

Last edited by Sree73 : 23rd February 2017 at 20:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks