Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2017, 16:17   #6886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

OK. Here is the android auto update:

Visited the service center and upgraded software version to 750. There is still NO android auto. Apparently maruti wants to keep android auto exclusive to ignis at the moment. Their software version is also different from ciaz / s-cross / baleno.

But we know it is compatible, this is just some sort of strategy they are implementing even though I have no idea why.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 16:43   #6887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
OK. Here is the android auto update:

Visited the service center and upgraded software version to 750. There is still NO android auto.
Oh. This is really a bad news. I was thinking to get the android auto when I go for the next service.
At present the smartphone connection quadrant is useless for me as I do not have a phone which comes in the mirrorlink list.

I was thinking to get the phone replicated through android auto, on the car system for many of useful applications.
Old 11th March 2017, 17:04   #6888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But we know it is compatible, this is just some sort of strategy they are implementing even though I have no idea why.
Suppose, you have got good rapport with SA. Could this be done?? Since the hardware is same, why can't we just get the SW of Ignis HU?
Old 11th March 2017, 22:36   #6889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Suppose, you have got good rapport with SA. Could this be done?? Since the hardware is same, why can't we just get the SW of Ignis HU?

They do not yet have the file for the ignis and I doubt whether they would be able to get their hands on it. If the ignis gets an update in the future, they (SEs) would have access to this file.

I would recommend people using software version 719/720 to NOT to upgrade as this is the only version where you can play videos while on the move.

The version history as I know is :

719/720 -> First one, supports video while on the move
730 -> Factory release, update file not available. Forces hand brake for videos
740 -> (Not sure of changes)
750 -> Mirror Link improvements.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 23:04   #6890
BHPian

Quote:
The version history as I know is :
730 -> Factory release, update file not available. Forces hand brake for videos
My S-Cross came with 730 pre installed. Is there a way to revert to 719/720. I need the video on move desperately. Never knew S-Cross HU had video on the move until I read your post. #MyBad

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th March 2017 at 07:56. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 12th March 2017, 06:25   #6891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
My S-Cross came with 730 pre installed. Is there a way to revert to 719/720. I need the video on move desperately. Never knew S-Cross HU had video on the move until I read your post. #MyBad
I bought one of the first batches of S-Cross in August 2nd week of 2015. In that also, the video did not play unless the hand brake was applied. That was a safety feature from the very beginning. Not sure about any version in S-Cross which allowed video play while on move.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 17:39   #6892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I need the video on move desperately.
All factory fitted ICE systems have this safety feature built in. You can't play videos unless the handbrake is engaged. If ever there was an option to play videos on the move, it must have been an exception and not the norm.

But I have heard that irrespective of the software version, enabling video playback is an easy task and can be done at MASS unofficially. They do some jugaad to fool the software into believing that the handbrake is engaged even when its actually not. So, a friendly electrician may help you out here.
Old 12th March 2017, 18:32   #6893
BHPian

Quote:

740 -> (Not sure of changes)
I think Apple car play got introduced/updated in the 740 version.
Old 12th March 2017, 20:30   #6894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I bought one of the first batches of S-Cross in August 2nd week of 2015. In that also, the video did not play unless the hand brake was applied. That was a safety feature from the very beginning. Not sure about any version in S-Cross which allowed video play while on move.
Buddy I am also one of the early buyers of the S-Cross, got mine in 1st week of Sept. I clearly remember the video not playing with the handbrake disengaged at the time of delivery.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 22:20   #6895
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Guys, any idea as why the coolant level & transmission oil levels has to be lesser in capacity for 1.6 than 1.3? Ideally I was expecting more than 1.3 engine like in the case of engine oil.

Any thoughts?
Old 12th March 2017, 22:31   #6896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Attachment 1618077

Guys, any idea as why the coolant level & transmission oil levels has to be lesser in capacity for 1.6 than 1.3? Ideally I was expecting more than 1.3 engine like in the case of engine oil.

Any thoughts?
Since this engine is a direct import from Europe, there are certain environmental regulations which suggest manufacturers to reduce the quantity of fluids inside a car and extend their drain interval. Hence this engine could have been optimized along similar lines and the coolant and gearbox oil storage would be lesser, contradicting thoughts that a bigger engine might have higher amount of fluids.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 22:44   #6897
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's S Cross face-lift to come in later this year - New Swift to be launched in March/April 2018.

Quote:
The company will launch the all-new third generation Swift, which was unveiled here, in India in the spring of 2018. It is also gearing up for the upgraded version of its premium crossover S-Cross later this year.
link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 22:49   #6898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's S Cross face-lift to come in later this year - New Swift to be launched in March/April 2018.
Hope they launch a 1.5L NA/1.4L Boosterjet petrol as options too.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 06:17   #6899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
contradicting thoughts that a bigger engine might have higher amount of fluids.
Precisely my point - smaller engine capacity having more storage on fluids than a larger engine. The engine oil is just 0.75 ml more which is also less IMHO, but the coolant & transmission oil levels are 500 ml less than 1.3 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Hope they launch a 1.5L NA/1.4L Boosterjet petrol as options too.
Whether engine option is available or not, most important change required is REAR A/C vent. It's embarrassing to accept this vehicle (esp the 1.6) does not have a rear A/C vent!!

Last edited by aargee : 13th March 2017 at 06:22.
Old 13th March 2017, 06:27   #6900
BHPian

Hello S-Cross owners, I have one question, is this the right time to buy the S-Cross given that the facelift is expected to be launched this year? Also, when I went for a promotional drive they had yesterday, they never gave any offers and very blatantly told me there were no offers available. Moreover, the salesperson told me the facelift version was for Indonesia and not for India!!!! So, did the salesperson just lie to me?? I am confused now....Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks