Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 16:39   #6961
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Bang right!! Let me remove the non MGP phone charger & try few runs to see if it helps.
I'm still using a non MGP mobile charger unit. The issue I faced was when the fob is placed in cubbyhole ONLY. After the advice of SA, the key fob is always placed in the central cup holder (Very near to the non-MGP charger) and not even once, I faced the issue.

Nevertheless, you can try removing the non MGP charger unit and continue to keep the fob in cubbyhole. Please let us know whether you face any problem once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
This is the best I could get during my recent highway run. But I guess, it will come down in the city.

Good FE in the initial runs.

One small note. Please avoid clicking photos of instrument cluster when the car is running. May be someone else might have clicked this photo when you were driving. Still, better avoid in terms of safety.

Last edited by Sree73 : 18th March 2017 at 16:57.
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 17:43   #6962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I was using a Chinese charger and it blew the accessory socket fuse, also used to have key fob not detected issues once in a while
OMG!! Fuse blown I'm going to order a MGP at the next opportunity!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Nevertheless, you can try removing the non MGP charger unit and continue to keep the fob in cubbyhole
I don't think there will be any issue if I do this; but then the sensor should pick up the signal for 60 degrees which is at the cubby hole under steering.

We were doing 90 cruise most of the time & this is what we observed; it went upto 22.6 & I guess the jokers at ASC reset it after 1st service & now it shows 9 Kmpl
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170318_004919.jpg
Old 19th March 2017, 00:00   #6963
BHPian

I saw a LOT of posts regarding the key fob and the related error. I, for one, very very rarely take the key fob out of my pocket. And, until the key fob is in my Jeans / Shirt pocket, I have never seen the error. However, I too have seen the error only when I keep the key on the cup holder or below ACC or in the small space on the right of steering - which, I think is the most recommended spot to keep the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Isn't this a very big difference in favor of the WR-V? For some customers, this may compensate for all the other 'drawbacks' of the WR-V when compared to SCross.
Might be - for some - especially if we consider the S-Cross 1.6, where the turbo lag is more evident and FE is not as high as the iDTEC. But then, we should remember that we are discussing WR-V vs S-Cross 1.3 here. In that case, the 90 bhp 1.3 VGT is superbly tuned and has very less lag and is decently fun to drive as well on highways - cannot say the same about the iDTEC. The not so rev happy engine will not be as much fun on highways. On the other hand, the FE of S-Cross 1.3 is not bad either. Even in the forum, we have multiple owners reporting FE 20+ kmpl in city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
The car has to be turned off to open the boot.
Not really required. Even with the engine on, just centrally unlock the car using the button on driver side door. I understand your point, unlike the sedans, the S-Cross does not have a dedicated lever to open the boot - but I guess most hatchbacks / crossovers do not have that lever.

Quote:
Had an opportunity to drive today through city with several bumper to bumper traffic; the car literally scared the hell out of me!! It simply jumps & I had to be extremely careful with right foot otherwise the car would be kissing every possible object on road.
I too faced this in the initial days - just a part of learning curve as you get familiar with the 1.6 L beast.

Quote:
Talking about turbo lag, yes, the lag is felt just because we're used to the humongous turbo pull
Once again, I agree. I have said this multiple times before as well. Now, I am experiencing it as well. Post repair, the turbo kick is not present in my car But, I am sure the ECU will learn soon considering it will adapt to my driving style.

P.S. I will pen down a detailed post / thread regarding the repair work. I will take questions regarding the repair in it.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 18:08   #6964

There are many diesel suv crossovers available now under 12 lacs. A poll will be great to find out the most voted one among WRV1.5, Scross1.3 , ES1.5, Brezza, I20 active1.4, Duster85hp, Etios cross, Aventura. Which one would you vouch for fellow bhpians?
Old 19th March 2017, 19:14   #6965
BHPian

The JK Elanzo after 27,000 KMs run. Do not see any signs of fatigue / wear.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20170319_190550.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 07:02   #6966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1214 View Post
There are many diesel suv crossovers available now under 12 lacs
Are you serious? To me, there's only one proper cross over available in the current market & that's S-Cross. All the others whatever you said, WRV (BTW, there's only 1.2 unless you're talking about 1.5D), Brezza, Ecosport, Duster, Avventura are compact SUV. I20 is a premium hatch; Etios cross...I don't know what to say.

If the infotainment system, alloy wheel size, interiors, creature comforts of WR-V matches to SCross, then they still cannot be compared!! 1.6 MJD + engineering makes world of difference. And all the above cars except SCro falls into sub 4 meter segment. So SCro is altogether a different league & a segment on its own. Its a SEDAN + SUV crossover, not hatch + SUV or compact SUV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1214 View Post
Which one would you vouch for fellow bhpians?
When you post this question in SCro ownership thread the answer will be obvious!! Post this in Ecosport, Avventura, Brezza, Duster, Etios & you can expect a no different answer!!

Last edited by aargee : 20th March 2017 at 07:04.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 11:56   #6967
BHPian

Dear S-Cross owners in Bengaluru,
Can you kindly let me know which of the Nexa showrooms in Bengaluru has the 1.6 available for TD? I am tired following up with Nexa in Mysore and they are just not interested to source a 1.6 for a test drive, hence the request.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:03   #6968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Dear S-Cross owners in Bengaluru,
Can you kindly let me know which of the Nexa showrooms in Bengaluru has the 1.6 available for TD? I am tired following up with Nexa in Mysore and they are just not interested to source a 1.6 for a test drive, hence the request.

Thanks in advance.
S-Cross 1.6 TD car is available in all Nexa showrooms, Bangalore. If you want to TD a remapped 1.6 with Decat downpipe in Mysore, PM me
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 12:25   #6969
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

S-Cross owners,
How is the back-seat comfort? Any complaints?
I went along with family for a test-drive of City and S-cross. The feedback from both wifey and kids was that the city backseat is sofa like but the s-cross is hard as a wooden bench. This was the 1.3 Zeta. Does the leather seats in Alpha make it better?

Also how does the Ciaz compare to City and Scross? For reference, I drive the old baleno which wifey still swears is the best!! Its got the thigh support, reclining angle, etc spot on for long drives. I will be doing the Ciaz test drive next week.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:42   #6970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
S-Cross owners, How is the back-seat comfort? Any complaints?
Back seat comfort might not be the best, but definitely no complaints.

Quote:
I went along with family for a test-drive of City and S-cross. The feedback from both wifey and kids was that the city backseat is sofa like but the s-cross is hard as a wooden bench.
Soft sofa like seats would "feel good " only during TD or short drives. Slightly harder seats are comfortable on long journeys.

Quote:
Also how does the Ciaz compare to City and Scross?
Ciaz and City both have better leg room and under thigh support. But you would be missing adjustable rear head rests.

P.S : I hope your family has tried the recling feature of back seats in S-Cross. It's not at all comfortable, when set at straight position.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 13:17   #6971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I usually don't sit in the rear, but my Wife & Mother have ZERO complaints.

Quote:
city backseat is sofa like but the s-cross is hard as a wooden bench
No it doesn't; but here's some reality...
- Soft seats are good when not in motion, for instance, sofa set in house. Reason is, the cushion absorbs you in & the back rests nearly at the end of seat
- Hard seats are boon on travel for a simple reason, they help to absorb the jerks out of potholes, they don't give up easily

So, if you're looking for long drives, without a doubt, hard seats should be on top priority

Quote:
Also how does the Ciaz compare to City and Scross?
Ciaz & City are sedans, SCro is crossover between sedan & SUV. Like I keep saying, SCross gives comfort of a sedan & ruggedness of a SUV. So if you're looking only at comfort & comfort, do not even think of SCross, just stay with a sedan be it City, Ciaz, Vento, Rapid etc.

Last edited by aargee : 20th March 2017 at 13:19.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 15:34   #6972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
P.S : I hope your family has tried the recling feature of back seats in S-Cross. It's not at all comfortable, when set at straight position.
Yes. Did try with the reclining feature. The problem to me at first glance was the lesser contouring in the seats compared to the city. I am planning to take a closer look and also evaluate Ciaz.
Old 20th March 2017, 16:24   #6973
BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross owners,
My family preferred the seating position & harder cushioning on the S-Cross rear bench when deciding among i20/Jazz/City/Ciaz. I have recently got leather seat covers installed (full bucket) and with a little added cushioning the seating is even better now. However, do not base your car buying decision on seating softness/hardness as that can be easily fixed while changing seat covers by adding extra foaming. Look for comfortable legroom, seat height, ingress/egress, headroom and you should be good in the long run. That said, a harder cushioning is always better than a softer one for back & lumbar support.
Old 20th March 2017, 17:10   #6974
BANNED

Quote:
Yes. Did try with the reclining feature. The problem to me at first glance was the lesser contouring in the seats compared to the city. I am planning to take a closer look and also evaluate Ciaz.
I'll suggest you to NOT conclude in one TD.

Get repeated TD's and compare the Ciaz on the same road that you TD the S-Cross. You'll realize the difference in ride quality and comfort.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:18   #6975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll suggest you to NOT conclude in one TD.

Get repeated TD's and compare the Ciaz on the same road that you TD the S-Cross. You'll realize the difference in ride quality and comfort.
I am planning to do repeated test drives. But must admit, the City makes a damn good first impression especially for the aam junta.

11 years back, after multiple test drives, picked the least popular Baleno against the usual Accent and Gen2 City. And have enjoyed every drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks