Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:38   #7006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Morning woes - Went to fuel station & the fuel lid wouldn't open; initially I thought its electronic, because as coincidence, when I unlocked all doors, the LID also opened.
Just see any play is there at the fuel lid releasing actuator lever. (RHS side of Driver seat). Or check if any obstruction is there (Can be the floor mat also) for the actuator movement.
Old 22nd March 2017, 23:15   #7007
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Guys, Baleno RS; a welcome launch of GDI engine by a competent manufacturer! Many Indians would be overwhelmed by its sweet drive almost devoid of turbo lag. But RS tag for Baleno 1L Boosterjet is misnomer IMHO. S-Cross 1.6 seems to be better contender for this tag. Its true that even with 320 NM torque it won't manage trophy for 0-100 dash, but from 70-80 kmph onwards on a highway upto any further this car rushes with such ferocity that it feels as if other vehicles are stationery!

Drive 1.6 S-Cross - what a car! Look at the sales chart - what a pity!

Last edited by Sip : 22nd March 2017 at 23:30.
Sip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 01:14   #7008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Just see any play...actuator movement.
Checked, nothing of that sort. Will test once again tomorrow to see if there's any improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Drive 1.6 S-Cross - what a car! Look at the sales chart - what a pity!
It's good to own one of unique product & not in masses; we just drove on NH4 for over 300 Km & it was absolute pure adrenaline rushing fun to see all cars disappearing in ORVM Not even 140 bhp XUV could hold on in straight line, forget alone the curves.

Just like we discuss here day in & out how pathetic 90% drivers/riders are on road, so are their needs, Most people love to have big beautiful iron boxes for status rather than functional vehicles.

But the damn vehicle makes hell a lot of noise for the 1.6 liter engine, that worries me a little

Last edited by aargee : 23rd March 2017 at 01:15.
aargee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:25   #7009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Just see any play...for the actuator movement.
Issue identified to be with vinyl floor mat interference. Temporarily it was advised to pull floor mat upwards when the lid doesn't open or permanently make a little cut over the lever.
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:55   #7010
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : Engine Air Filter

It has been confirmed by Maruti service centre that they have been instructed to use the same air filter in both 1.3 and 1.6. Yes, they have obviously chosen the cheaper 1.3 air filter which costs 280 bucks vs 910 Rs for imported 1.6 air filter. Thanks to 1.6 S-Cross owner Jiji Vijayan for sharing this information. He has got the air filter changed at Maruti service centre yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170323wa0012.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd March 2017 at 11:56.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:03   #7011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

It has been confirmed by Maruti service centre that they have been instructed to use the same air filter in both 1.3 and 1.6. Yes, they have obviously chosen the cheaper 1.3 air filter which costs 280 bucks vs 910 Rs for imported 1.6 air filter. Thanks to 1.6 S-Cross owner Jiji Vijayan for sharing this information. He has got the air filter changed at Maruti service centre yesterday.
Is this specific to that service center or will this be done across all stations? I anyway am thinking of asking them to put the 1.3 filter but wanted to check this as well
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:08   #7012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Is this specific to that service center or will this be done across all stations? I anyway am thinking of asking them to put the 1.3 filter but wanted to check this as well
I think if the dealer has 1.6 air filters in stock, he would obviously encourage to go with that . The works manager of that particular service centre has confirmed that 1.3 air filter would be the default one for both 1.3 and 1.6 from now.

P.S : Peak MAF value is 6 g/s higher with 1.3 air filter as per my OBD logging. 114 g/s vs 120 g/s!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:13   #7013
BHPian

Quote:

Naren, a couple of questions.

1. Since when? When the air filter in my car was changed last week, it was the imported one from Romania costing Rs. 910.
2. Is it officially confirmed or did the dealer do it on his own wish?
3. Has Maruti instructed to use the same filter or has given dealers the option to use the 1.3 one in 1.6 also?

Last week, when the engine oil was changed in my car, I had asked my SA and Works Manager regarding the engine oil grade for 1.6. They were very sure that 0W30 is the recommended grade and Maruti ASS has to use this grade only. There has been no instruction or recommendation from Maruti to use the 1.3's 5W40 in 1.6. But we saw some cases where the ASS themselves used 5W40 in 1.6. So, I am wondering if some dealers are acting as per their wish due to the 1.6 spares not being readily available with them.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:21   #7014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S : Peak MAF value is 6 g/s higher with 1.3 air filter as per my OBD logging. 114 g/s vs 120 g/s!!
Exactly like how I had assumed earlier; I'm only worried about the quality of filtration & the damaged that it MAY cause to the cylinders. 6 grams per second might appear less, but hours, days & months together will make a significant difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
0W30 is the recommended grade and Maruti ASS has to use this grade only. There has been no instruction or recommendation from Maruti to use the 1.3's 5W40 in 1.6. But we saw some cases where the ASS themselves used 5W40 in 1.6. So, I am wondering if some dealers are acting as per their wish due to the 1.6 spares not being readily available with them.
0W30 is recommended for sure & that's the MGP engine oil for SCross. And yes, I was told there was fully synthetic Diesel engine oil with MGP as well, but they didn't open this topic further. And they said they can change the engine oil whatever we buy outside & would write in the jobcard that the engine oil was provided by customer.

And regarding spares being swapped, used (and misused), dealers are kings!!

Last edited by aargee : 23rd March 2017 at 12:29.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:22   #7015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
1. Since when? When the air filter in my car was changed last week, it was the imported one from Romania costing Rs. 910.
As I said before, if the dealer has 1.6 air filter in stock ( read as old stock).. They would use it. Can you check the date of import / manufacture on the package?

Quote:
2. Is it officially confirmed or did the dealer do it on his own wish?
There is a centralised billing system at Maruti and all the parts replaced / service history is stored in the system. As per the owner, the works manager has given confirmation.

Quote:
3. Has Maruti instructed to use the same filter or has given dealers the option to use the 1.3 one in 1.6 also?
I just had a word with my works manager. He said both can be used depending on stock availability, as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Exactly like how I had assumed earlier; I'm only worried about the quality of filtration & the damaged that it MAY cause to the cylinders. 6 grams per second might appear less, but hours, days & months together will make a significant difference.
Nothing to worry buddy!! That extra foam layer in 1.6 wouldn't do better filtration. As confirmed by Sankar, it's used in cold climate countries and not really required for Indian conditions.

1.3 air filter is 3 times cheaper and helps the engine to get little more air too. More air doesn't mean lesser filtration. The filter will do what's it's supposed to do. I will replace my air filter with 1.3 every 7500 KM instead of changing it with 1.6 air filter every 20k KM. CLEAN Air filter is any day better

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd March 2017 at 12:33.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:22   #7016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That extra foam layer in 1.6 wouldn't do better filtration. As confirmed by Sankar, it's used in cold climate countries and not really required for Indian conditions
Its more required in India is my humble opinion where the ground level pollution exceeds 2 or 3 times the norm. For instance, the air filter change interval on my CBR is 12K as per owner's manual. Even with 6K Km interval, the amount of dirt accumulated is extreme. And when the air filter is changed, there's a significant observed with the motorcycle in terms of engine smoothness.

So having tested & experienced, I'm very hesitant for this swap. But thanks you bought out a very important point to observe.

Quote:
I will replace my air filter with 1.3 every 7500 KM instead of changing it with 1.6 air filter every 20k KM. CLEAN Air filter is any day better
Exactly the key; but only time will tell if its 7.5K or 5K or even lesser
Old 24th March 2017, 09:06   #7017
BHPian

I am going to see my S-Cross for inspection today before giving the go ahead for the bank to release the funds. Please let me know what all I will have to look into other than VIN and our official PDI checklist ?? Any suggestions ??
Old 24th March 2017, 10:30   #7018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
I am going to see my S-Cross for inspection today before giving the go ahead for the bank to release the funds. Please let me know what all I will have to look into other than VIN and our official PDI checklist ?? Any suggestions ??
Check the dashboard by tapping your hand for any rattling sound especially on the driver side. My S-cross has this issue. This crops up when going on bad roads, but disappears when you hold the top/bottom of the dash. I think another member on the forum faces this exact issue
Old 24th March 2017, 11:45   #7019
BHPian

I am also going to see my S-cross for inspection tomorrow, so how can I know that it is 2017 model from VIN?
Old 24th March 2017, 12:25   #7020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
I am also going to see my S-cross for inspection tomorrow, so how can I know that it is 2017 model from VIN?
Last 2 digits should read AH, BH, CH which stands for Jan 2017, Feb 2017 or Mar 2017. This VIN is located when you open the bonnet underneath the windshield wipers.

PS - I learned this outside of this forum just using Google

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks