Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2017, 19:00   #7156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

First ever proper picture of Brownie clicked by my friend Adithya R. Pls pardon the resolution of the pic as it was shared by WA

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-e63d5c038c7b4e55ada8694cb6afdbca.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 8th April 2017 at 19:03.
aargee is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 10:40   #7157
BHPian

Just tried to capture the Popularity (or rather in active discussion) of the cars under the Official Review Section.

The parameters I used are
1. No of Posts since the day official review went live
2. No of Views the thread attracted from the review date.

Selected top 10 cars individually on both the above parameters. So, overall 13 cars came into the picture.
Finally to arrive at the rankings, took the product of No of Posts/day and No of Views/day.

There can be many other parameters to judge this. But, I thought this is the most simple way to arrive at a conclusion.

Any contrary views, most welcome.

And I have a vested interest here, The S-Cross came as winner hands down in this method.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-top-cars1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-top-cars2.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 11:38   #7158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Just tried to capture the Popularity (or rather in active discussion) of the cars under the Official Review Section.
S-Cross would be the most popular / active thread here on Team BHP. But, the sales figures is a different story. Creta sells 4-5 times more than S-Cross and not even there in your list .

Thanks to 1.6 S-Cross and that 320NM torque.. This thread has attracted many enthusiasts
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 21:49   #7159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S-Cross would be the most popular...Creta sells 4-5 times more than S-Cross and not even there...1.6 S-Cross and that 320NM torque
Without a doubt! The car is highly underrated in the market because in India people buy car based on budget & 1.6 SCro is one of the car that is out of this league & this car is not for folks looking to buy based on budget.

Quite a similarity that neither Fiat could capitalize on this engine in their own brand nor Maruti could capitalize on this product. Maruti could not seriously explain as why this is a crossover; they should've probably used tag line like Comfort of a Sedan & Ruggedness of SUV or Ride like a Sedan, feel like a SUV; don't know what sort of training was given to Nexa sales team!!

And like Keynote said in his post, one has to drive a proper 100+ Km to realize the true potential of this product.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 11:23   #7160
Senior - BHPian

Some more for viewing pleasure, this time better resolution beyond WA. Photo credits Aditya R
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170408_140725_hdr.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170408_140628_hdr.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170408_140952_hdr.jpg
aargee is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 13:12   #7161
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not get to drive the car much on highways after shifting to Mysore. I just drove around 50 KM today on ORR and did some logging / testing using GPS speed in Torque Pro app.

0-100 : 9.05 sec

80-120 kmph

4 th gear : 5.8 sec
3 rd gear : 6.8 sec
5 th gear : 7.0 sec
6 th gear : 9.9 sec

The car is running on Stage 1 Remap with Decat downpipe!!

Post the testing, I filled up the tank with Shell diesel and clicked few pics after parking at home
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170410wa0017.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170410wa0018.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th April 2017 at 13:20.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 14:56   #7162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Some more for viewing pleasure, this time better resolution beyond WA. Photo credits Aditya R
Congrats on your 1.6 Aargee! Brownie looks stunning in that shade

IMHO your Brownie would look wicked if you get the stock alloys painted in Gloss Black finish.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 15:09   #7163
BHPian

Dear All,

This is my first post and I'm extremely honoured to be a member in this amazing community. I am a proud owner of S-Cross 1.3 Zeta (bought in Dec 2015) and have covered around 23K kms so far. Though it is bit late I would like to thank ajay_satpute/sandygordon/sudeepg/sou_3749/volkman10/Sree73 for their ownership reviews and advises in this forum that helped me a lot in making a wise decision. I still remember the posts of ajay_satpute advising everyone as how value for money and comfortable Zeta 1.3 is

I have below the questions and request your answers/suggestions for the same:

1) Doesn't Back row middle seat belt retract? I noticed it recently as I never sat in the back row.
2) I am not using any seat covers as of now and the stock Fabric Upholstery is extremely comfortable. I am planning to go for a seat cover (as we are expecting a baby) and require your suggestions for the same. I know ajay_satpute bought nexa seat covers but I will be using the car mostly for long drives, so will it be comfortable?
3) When I bought, S-Cross didn't come with ISOFIX, is it possible to get it done now?

Last edited by jaganpec2002 : 10th April 2017 at 15:23.
Old 10th April 2017, 16:50   #7164
BHPian

Hi All, I got a call from our local Maruti service center of the dealer from whom I bought the car, and they have some offer going on wherein we pay Rs. 3040/- and we will not have to pay for any of the labor charges for another 2 years. Is this is a good one to go for considering that the first year services are free of labor charge? Also, why would they charge upfront and that too only for labor? Is this some kind of AMC ?
Old 10th April 2017, 19:47   #7165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Hi All, I got a call from our local Maruti service center of the dealer from whom I bought the car, and they have some offer going on wherein we pay Rs. 3040/- and we will not have to pay for any of the labor charges for another 2 years. Is this is a good one to go for considering that the first year services are free of labor charge? Also, why would they charge upfront and that too only for labor? Is this some kind of AMC ?
IF its really 3040, go for it. But please do make sure you are not missing any trailing zeros. As far as I know, it was offered to me at a cost of over 30K.

Remember, only first 3 services are free (only parts are charged). It's not the first year
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 19:55   #7166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
IF its really 3040, go for it. But please do make sure you are not missing any trailing zeros. As far as I know, it was offered to me at a cost of over 30K.

Remember, only first 3 services are free (only parts are charged). It's not the first year
Sudeep, He is talking about only labor charges. 2 years means, only 4 services and out of that first 3 are free.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 21:53   #7167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Sudeep, He is talking about only labor charges. 2 years means, only 4 services and out of that first 3 are free.
The basic periodic maintenance cost for 1.3 is 1820 and for 1.6 it is 2820 (in Bangalore). Given this, I am wondering how the service cost will work out for two years in case of heavy usage. The service interval is 10,000 Kms. I myself have done 29000 in just under 1.5 years. Even if we go by 1 paid service in 2 years, the cost makes sense. But then, are they referring to Periodic maintenance service ONLY? What about any other type of labour charges that may come up unexpectedly? I am guessing there are riders to the offer. Perhaps they are quoting this on an individual basis based on the mileage they see?
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 12:51   #7168
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am currently torn between choosing Ertiga Zdi+ and Scross 1.3 zeta. You can see my story in this thread
I'll take a TD today. What is the headlamp rating of Scross? Are the stock headlamps sufficient for highways at night?
Old 11th April 2017, 14:05   #7169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Hi Guys, I am currently torn between choosing Ertiga Zdi+ and Scross 1.3 zeta. You can see my story in this thread
I'll take a TD today. What is the headlamp rating of Scross? Are the stock headlamps sufficient for highways at night?
There really is no competition - the S-cross is a significantly superior product with better materials inside and seems sturdier and more well planted. The only common products are the AVN system and the switches.

Having said that the Ertiga is a pretty practical car; S-cross is more of a lifestyle vehicle. Considering the prices are going to be in same ball-park, I suggest you do a quick analysis of why would you prefer one over the other and jot them down.

I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed with either buy - but better to be 100% sure of a car best suited to your needs.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 15:16   #7170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I am currently torn between choosing Ertiga Zdi+ and Scross 1.3 zeta.
It is simple. If you need 7 seats go for Ertiga. If 5 is more than sufficient, go for the S-Cross. If you have budget for 1.6 there is no competition
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks