Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2017, 17:10   #7201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 30000km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Do not put your trust again with the guys who do half bake knowledge!! You can be fooled once, not your mistake, trusting them again is a choice you make!!
Guys with half knowledge are present in every service centre. I trust the senior mechanic in any service centre and not the SA with tablet. Suraksha Bangalore service centre had almost put me and my car in danger post brake pads change. The front right brake caliper pin was not releasing and I had noticed smoke / smell luckily. Anyways, they sorted out the issue later by greasing the caliper pins.
Old 13th April 2017, 17:38   #7202
BHPian

Quote:
At what speeds on highway? Reason to ask, mine is not getting past 14.5 Kmpl on mixed; hardly 18.5 Kmpl on highway & city, I'm yet to test. Mine is mostly 120 Kmph with occasional burst & super bursts, say once in 250 odd Km or so.

If the speeds cannot be discussed in public, please PM me. Tks
Max 120kmph and mostly cruising on 80-100kmph on decent highways should return 20+kmpl for a 1.3 S Cross.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 17:46   #7203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At what speeds on highway? Reason to ask, mine is not getting past 14.5 Kmpl on mixed; hardly 18.5 Kmpl on highway & city, I'm yet to test. Mine is mostly 120 Kmph with occasional burst & super bursts, say once in 250 odd Km or so.

With regular speeds of 120 or so, I get around 18.5, the same as you. City driving I am getting around 14.5 to 15, the last tankful though has been 12.2 kmpl, maybe due to the bad traffic I was stuck in umpteen number of times. My regular route is Navalur-Sholinganallur and Navalur - Vadapalani. Mine is a 1.6, FYI
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 19:04   #7204
BHPian

I am driving in congested roads of Kerala and Cochin. Here highways are like smaller metro city roads. I get around 16kmpl to 17 kmpl while my Figo tcdi returns 18 to 19 kmpl
Old 13th April 2017, 20:00   #7205
BHPian

Quote:

I own 1.3 Zeta and it has clocked 28,000 KMs. I get 18-19 KM/L in Bangalore traffic (100% AC. Auto setting 23-25 Deg C). I drive between Whitefield and Electronic city. So, anyone familiar to Bangalore can assess the traffic I get into.

On long drives I get 22-23 KM/L if I restrict the speed in 2 digits. If it is in low triple digits, the FE comes down to 20-21 KM/L. If spirited driving is for higher duration, then 19-20 KM/L. All these scenarios are with 100% time with AC on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Normally how can one say that they have rotated all the 4 wheels and done the wheel balancing stuff? Do we mark the tyres or wheels in any manner before it is done? Should we ask them do the stuff in front of our eyes ?
Generally I take a snap of the tyres before giving for servicing/wheel rotation. I can identify the tyres based on certain marking on the tyre/wheel and make sure that 4-wheel rotation is done perfectly.

The other option as you have already mentioned is getting the wheel rotation done in your presence.

Last edited by Sree73 : 13th April 2017 at 20:19.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 20:27   #7206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
He then requested me not to escalate to maruti as they would penalize him first and then only hear his explanation. He suggested I can escalate within the service center and talk to his GM and all before doing that.
Here is your answer. Had he been confident about his wheel rotation process, he would have agreed to escalate it.

I suggest you to stop visiting that ASC hereon.

This is the first time I am hearing that they decide wheel rotation based on weight.

It is because of these kind of SA's, the brand gets a hit and the customer is left high and dry. Overall experience is sour.

EDIT

PS: I see you're from Bangalore. Please visit Madhus for alignment/balancing related jobs.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th April 2017 at 21:06. Reason: your > you're
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 21:26   #7207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Here is your answer. Had he been confident about his wheel rotation process, he would have agreed to escalate it.

I suggest you to stop visiting that ASC hereon.

This is the first time I am hearing that they decide wheel rotation based on weight.

It is because of these kind of SA's, the brand gets a hit and the customer is left high and dry. Overall experience is sour.

EDIT

PS: I see you're from Bangalore. Please visit Madhus for alignment/balancing related jobs.
I never trust SA's with things like oil change, wheel balancing & alignment. I always get it done outside in front of my eyes. So much for the peace of mind. ☺
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:53   #7208
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Few months back after 10000 kms service I noticed that 'killer' forward surge in my 1.6 has diminished. Now conspicuously this car no longer interfered with working of adrenaline gland during a highway drive. This triggered a kind of desperation in me. Went to three different MASSs for remedy and they didn't find any abnormalities. I also had TD of demo 1.6 S-Cross and 1.3 engine to analyse the difference.

Fellow BHPians suspected fuel quality. An experienced SA also told me that DDiS engines were very sensitive to fuel quality and showed me a Dzire under repairs due to bad fuel. This car was not even getting started up and fuel pump was like partially melted. He also shared many such instances wherein fuel adulteration/ bad quality fuel played havoc with engine.

Around the point of performance deterioration I remembered getting diesel refilled randomly from a pump at nearby town. So I zeroed in on fuel quality. And started taking fuel only from the pump which was known for consistent good fuel supplies. I also resisted temptations of fuel additives. After about two full tank refills the car was back to its optimum performance level.

I also do keep an eye on FE figures primarily because it is an accurate indicator of fuel quality.
Sip is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:11   #7209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Fellow BHPians suspected fuel quality. An experienced SA also told me that DDiS engines were very sensitive to fuel quality
Very true. I have confirmed this by doing 0-100 timing today. There was good 0.8 seconds difference.

Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4183769
Old 17th April 2017, 21:10   #7210
BHPian

Did Delhi-Dharamshala-Delhi over the long weekend covering 1,050 kms. Got 18.2 KMPL overall with 80% AC, spirited driving in the plains and the hills with 5 people on board and boot full of luggage.

I enjoyed driving in the hills without making my passengers throw at the end of the journey. It was fun!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dsala.jpg
sinharishi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 22:33   #7211
BHPian

Just read the official review of Ignis and was surprised to see the following observations
Quote:
Powerful LED projector headlamps illuminate the road very well... With the high beam engaged, the throw is fantastic!
Now the obvious question is, can these projectors be a direct fit for the Crossover? Come on MSIL
Old 18th April 2017, 00:17   #7212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Just read the official review of Ignis and was surprised to see the following observations
Now the obvious question is, can these projectors be a direct fit for the Crossover? Come on MSIL
I have already checked the spare parts manual of Ignis. I had posted it also on Ignis thread. LED projector is not available as a separate part and entire headlight assembly should be bought. It would be very expensive and not worth the effort.

1. Buy Ignis headlight assembly

2. Open it and remove the projectors

3. Open S-Cross headlight assembly

4. Retrofit Ignis LED Projector?? If it doesn't.. Entire process gone waste!!

P. S : Please wait for few more days.. I would be doing something about it.. Stay tuned
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 00:38   #7213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Did Delhi-Dharamshala-Delhi over the long weekend covering 1,050 kms. Got 18.2 KMPL overall with 80% AC, spirited driving in the plains and the hills with 5 people on board and boot full of luggage.

I enjoyed driving in the hills without making my passengers throw at the end of the journey. It was fun!
Do you own a 1.3 or a 1.6? Your ride looks fantastic with the hills in the backdrop. I assume the color is granite gray? ( I have booked one GG 1.3 myself scheduled to be delivered in a fortnight.) The FE is very good considering full load & AC. How was the rear seat comfort esp in the hills with 3 pax seated? did you observe any noticeable change in vehicle dynamics when fully loaded?

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 18th April 2017 at 00:40.
Old 18th April 2017, 02:32   #7214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Do you own a 1.3 or a 1.6? Your ride looks fantastic with the hills in the backdrop. I assume the color is granite gray? ( I have booked one GG 1.3 myself scheduled to be delivered in a fortnight.) The FE is very good considering full load & AC. How was the rear seat comfort esp in the hills with 3 pax seated? did you observe any noticeable change in vehicle dynamics when fully loaded?
He has a 1.3, it is very evident in the picture, there is no 1.6 logo on the hatch. I did a similar trip to McLeodganj last year with my 1.3 and got a similar FE. The rear seat comfort is great for such long trips. As for the dynamics, the only issue could be stalling while uphill. I encountered a spot where we had to stop and start on a decently steep slope. It wasn't a big issue but did require some patience and skill.

Last edited by sunejarahul : 18th April 2017 at 02:39.
Old 18th April 2017, 02:36   #7215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Congratulations on booking the s-cross ankan. The rear seat comfort is quite good, but the leg room can be better, the seat back has two positions, upright and more upright, the seats are firm and the hand rest is quite use-able.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks